NATION

PASSWORD

New theme: Rift

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:57 pm

Where are you guys seeing larger text?

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:34 pm

[violet] wrote:
Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:

How about now?

My lonely "U" returns :lol:
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:39 pm

-new link to be added later-

I don't know if you can open that or not, but there is a screenshot of the Atlas RMB from Google Chrome 64x on Windows 8.

There's the "Latest polls" thing, and I am severely disfond of the new font I see there.
Last edited by Roski on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Golgothastan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 26, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Golgothastan » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:27 am

I'm sure this has been asked and answered, sorry, but I couldn't find it using Search.

Can you lose banners? If you get a banner for having Excellent civil rights, do you lose it if they dip below Excellent, for example?

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:50 am

Just an idea, but perhaps when the full forum version is released, the side bar could stay fixed on the screen rather than the page. That way, when you scroll down to read through a thread, you could still see and easily access the side bar.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Firsthome
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Firsthome » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:10 am

Nephmir wrote:Just an idea, but perhaps when the full forum version is released, the side bar could stay fixed on the screen rather than the page. That way, when you scroll down to read through a thread, you could still see and easily access the side bar.

they probably wont, because an advertisement sits below
I have a heart of a five year-old...
it's in a jar in my basement

Springer:"I've got better things to do tonight than die"

DYK:Breathing lowers your life expectancy by 50%.

Laerod wrote:That's like pointing out a thread about kittens contains posts about baby cats.
Left: 8.06, Libertarian: 0.6,7 foreign policy: -5.76, culture: -6.26
GENERATION 4: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Enfaru
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:18 am

Firsthome wrote:
Nephmir wrote:Just an idea, but perhaps when the full forum version is released, the side bar could stay fixed on the screen rather than the page. That way, when you scroll down to read through a thread, you could still see and easily access the side bar.

they probably wont, because an advertisement sits below

They haven't removed the functionality from NS++ and consider the advert would be permanently in place...
Sovereign Charter Quick Links
Factbook · Role-plays · RMB · Map (Origin | Quantum) · Chat · Members: 73
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
Founder of the Sovereign Charter,
4th President and,
Tutor of the College of Theatrics

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:22 am

Golgothastan wrote:I'm sure this has been asked and answered, sorry, but I couldn't find it using Search.

Can you lose banners? If you get a banner for having Excellent civil rights, do you lose it if they dip below Excellent, for example?

Once you unlock them, they're yours forever:
[violet] wrote:If you become a Delegate now, you unlock the banner, and keep it forever, since banners never get re-locked. But there won't be any retrospective awarding of banners to nations who used to qualify for a banner but no longer do.

Golgothastan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 26, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Golgothastan » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:26 am

Luna Amore wrote:
Golgothastan wrote:I'm sure this has been asked and answered, sorry, but I couldn't find it using Search.

Once you unlock them, they're yours forever:
[violet] wrote:If you become a Delegate now, you unlock the banner, and keep it forever, since banners never get re-locked. But there won't be any retrospective awarding of banners to nations who used to qualify for a banner but no longer do.

Ah, thanks. I wasn't sure if that answer applied only to the delegate banner or in general. Good to know.

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:04 am

Will it be possible to extend the size of the mottos soon? Maybe that way if people want it to be attributed to the leader it can actually fit as a quote.
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Firsthome
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Firsthome » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:07 am

only if you support capitalism :roll:

Laerod wrote:That's like pointing out a thread about kittens contains posts about baby cats.
GENERATION 4: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:00 pm

Hi,

I noticed a small inconsistency in the typefaces. The stylesheet typeface for the body says use Helvetica Neue, followed by Verdana, Tahoma or Sans-serif: Helvetica Neue (common on Macs) and Verdana/Tahoma are not as similar enough as Arial.

Therefore, should that be Helvetica Neue, followed by Arial or Sans-serif? Better still, maybe consider using web typeface technology to achieve the same font for body text between Mac/Windows/Linux?
Last edited by Charlotte Ryberg on Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Icamera
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Icamera » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:36 pm

Not sure if this is what you meant when you said the forum view wasn't working, but the Latest Forum Topics list gets cut off when I'm viewing the forum (it's perfectly fine when I'm just on my nation page).

I'm on a Chromebook and using Google Chrome.

Last edited by Icamera on Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Senator of The Allied Republics
ICK-uh-MARE-uh (It's an anagram of America, not an Apple product)
(See here for all)
Rynatia wrote:If I asked you to sleep with me would you answer with the same answer to this question?

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:43 pm

Banner questions:

Just unlocked Beating Heart (Reach 300 million citizens with a very strong economy and a non-terrible environment), but I see that Bright Lights, Big City (Combine 1 billion citizens with a very strong economy), Mega Metropolis (Develop a large population and a strong economy), and Island of Many Hills (Develop a very strong economy in a nation of 2 billion citizens) are still not unlocked. They could have different "strong economy" or "very strong economy" functions, but - especially Mega Metropolis (given the lack of "very" as a descriptor) confuses me as to why those haven't been unlocked yet.

Also not unlocked: Some Climbing Required (Write a Factbook - I have 2, but they are both pre-Rift) & Every Road is a Story (Write five or more dispatches or factbooks - some are pre-Rift but others are post-Rift).

A Voice at the Table (Join the World Assembly) is one that I haven't unlocked, and I'm obviously currently in the WA, as I'm a WA Delegate. It might be a glitch on my end - or it could probably be fixed by resigning and rejoining the WA - but I figured I'd just check since I'm not planning to resign the WA any time soon for obvious endo-accumulating reasons.

(and, yes, I switched to Antiquity theme and back after the major update last night, and waited for the minor update to process, in case that was part of the problem, somehow)

Thanks! :)
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:32 pm

Icamera wrote:Not sure if this is what you meant when you said the forum view wasn't working, but the Latest Forum Topics list gets cut off when I'm viewing the forum (it's perfectly fine when I'm just on my nation page).

I'm on a Chromebook and using Google Chrome.

Thanks for the screenie. This is a known issue and probably won't be fixed until the next major forum upgrade.

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:34 pm

Roski wrote:-new link to be added later-

I don't know if you can open that or not, but there is a screenshot of the Atlas RMB from Google Chrome 64x on Windows 8.

There's the "Latest polls" thing, and I am severely disfond of the new font I see there.

A screenshot would be helpful as I don't know what font you're referring to.

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:40 pm

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:I noticed a small inconsistency in the typefaces. The stylesheet typeface for the body says use Helvetica Neue, followed by Verdana, Tahoma or Sans-serif: Helvetica Neue (common on Macs) and Verdana/Tahoma are not as similar enough as Arial.

Therefore, should that be Helvetica Neue, followed by Arial or Sans-serif? Better still, maybe consider using web typeface technology to achieve the same font for body text between Mac/Windows/Linux?

I actually don't have access to a Mac myself so just went with this recommendation earlier in the thread from another Mac user:

Orioni 2 wrote:put Helvetica Neue in front of it in your font-stack: {font-family:'helvetica neue',verdana,tahoma,sans}.

I'll get onto a Mac and see how it looks.

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:51 pm

Mousebumples wrote:(and, yes, I switched to Antiquity theme and back after the major update last night, and waited for the minor update to process, in case that was part of the problem, somehow)

There are a whole bunch of banners that you have qualified for but not unlocked, which I assume is from the earlier unlock bug that was fixed. But switching themes away from Rift and back again should definitely fix the problem.

What I noticed when I tried this offline with your nation is that switching away from Rift throws an error message because your pretitle ("Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom") is too long--you probably used the Mod Center to set that. The page displays in Antiquity theme for stupid reasons I won't explain, so it looks like your theme changed, but if you navigate away you'll see it didn't. So I think the problem is that you haven't actually been able to perform the theme-switching trick to force a recheck of your banners.

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:09 pm

At the latest update, I unlocked two new banners - despite not answering any issues, or being in the WA, or passing any significant population thresholds. I might be missing something blindingly obvious, but why have these appeared now?
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:25 pm

Jeckland wrote:At the latest update, I unlocked two new banners - despite not answering any issues, or being in the WA, or passing any significant population thresholds. I might be missing something blindingly obvious, but why have these appeared now?

It was actually about half an hour before the update. My best guess is you changed themes, which triggered a recalculation of your banners, which unlocked some new ones because after refactoring some of your industries and government department sizes are different.

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:28 pm

[violet] wrote:
Jeckland wrote:At the latest update, I unlocked two new banners - despite not answering any issues, or being in the WA, or passing any significant population thresholds. I might be missing something blindingly obvious, but why have these appeared now?

It was actually about half an hour before the update. My best guess is you changed themes, which triggered a recalculation of your banners, which unlocked some new ones because after refactoring some of your industries and government department sizes are different.

That is correct, I did switch themes briefly before switching back.

So, in order to get banners, do you have to switch? I'm confused.
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Shizensky
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:34 pm

I'm not sure if this has been asked already, but could we get some helper text when we hover over a banner? I know that might be a little more difficult the way the images change. It would be nice to have a quick way to see what the displayed banner was awarded for.

I like the direction of a lot of this, with or without the helper text! Thanks to everybody involved for helping to keep adding features for us to enjoy!
"Look, that's why there's rules, understand?
So that you think before you break 'em."
My favorite thing about UDP jokes
is I don't care if you get them or not.

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:36 pm

http://i.imgur.com/bEZep52.png

The fonts by the "Latest Poll" and "Regional Poll" are the ones I was complaining about earlier.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:06 pm

Why do the notices keep telling me that I have a telegram 2 hours after I open it?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Firsthome
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Firsthome » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:14 pm

because its stupid and you have to click "notices" for the notices to stop.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical