NATION

PASSWORD

RMB Search Bug

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

RMB Search Bug

Postby Nephmir » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:37 pm

So apparently you can search for words, but not acronyms. As in, if I wanted to search the world for my region's name, I could. But if I type in "TEK", the acronym for the region I'm in, it doesn't show up with results, even though we are more commonly referred to as "tek" or "TEK". I tried other region acronyms as well, and it doesn't work.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Sseroffa
Attaché

Founded: Jan 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sseroffa » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:50 pm

Nephmir wrote:So apparently you can search for words, but not acronyms. As in, if I wanted to search the world for my region's name, I could. But if I type in "TEK", the acronym for the region I'm in, it doesn't show up with results, even though we are more commonly referred to as "tek" or "TEK". I tried other region acronyms as well, and it doesn't work.

This is the way the RMB search has always worked. Search patterns fewer than 4 characters are ignored.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:57 am

Sseroffa wrote:
Nephmir wrote:So apparently you can search for words, but not acronyms. As in, if I wanted to search the world for my region's name, I could. But if I type in "TEK", the acronym for the region I'm in, it doesn't show up with results, even though we are more commonly referred to as "tek" or "TEK". I tried other region acronyms as well, and it doesn't work.

This is the way the RMB search has always worked. Search patterns fewer than 4 characters are ignored.

Typing in another word like "the" or even "also" in front of the acronym doesn't work wither. I'm saying that if it isn't a word, it doesn't show up at all, even if people have said that word on the RMBs.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Return to Technical