NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates won't load

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Providence and Port Hope
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

NationStates won't load

Postby Providence and Port Hope » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:32 pm

Last year (probably more than that now), when I started playing NationStates, I could spend a long time just playing the game, looking up stuff on it, and etc. If I wanted to send recruitment telegrams, I could flat out send them to who knows how many nations. However, some time ago, maybe around my one-year anniversary of playing the game, the game experienced problems. Pages wouldn't load, and if they did, it took forever to load them. Every page, whether it be nation profiles, region pages, or telegram pages, experienced this problem. And as I sit here at my desk I have the same problem.

For example, I felt suspicious about a fight over a region, whose embassy was closed as a result of the raid that started the fight. So, I tried discussing with the founder of a region who I questioned taking part in such an activity, and I sent a message to the mods. It was highly difficult looking things up, because, after a time (I'd say after every several refreshes), the site wouldn't load, and still wouldn't load after a certain period of time. The forums, oddly enough, are not experiencing the same issue, and work just as I well as NS did when I first joined.

My question, short and simple, is this: Why is this happening, and what can I do to end this?

P.S.
-This doesn't appear to be related to NS++, as I tried using IE and found the same problem.
-F5 has the same effect as refreshing the page--nothing good will come of it until an allotted time passes.

Thanks
Texas is the greatest country on Earth, and there ain't no one nowhere who can tell you different.

“I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way.” --Robert Frost

Acharastan
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Acharastan » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:34 pm

Providence and Port Hope wrote:Last year (probably more than that now), when I started playing NationStates, I could spend a long time just playing the game, looking up stuff on it, and etc. If I wanted to send recruitment telegrams, I could flat out send them to who knows how many nations. However, some time ago, maybe around my one-year anniversary of playing the game, the game experienced problems. Pages wouldn't load, and if they did, it took forever to load them. Every page, whether it be nation profiles, region pages, or telegram pages, experienced this problem. And as I sit here at my desk I have the same problem.

For example, I felt suspicious about a fight over a region, whose embassy was closed as a result of the raid that started the fight. So, I tried discussing with the founder of a region who I questioned taking part in such an activity, and I sent a message to the mods. It was highly difficult looking things up, because, after a time (I'd say after every several refreshes), the site wouldn't load, and still wouldn't load after a certain period of time. The forums, oddly enough, are not experiencing the same issue, and work just as I well as NS did when I first joined.

My question, short and simple, is this: Why is this happening, and what can I do to end this?

P.S.
-This doesn't appear to be related to NS++, as I tried using IE and found the same problem.
-F5 has the same effect as refreshing the page--nothing good will come of it until an allotted time passes.

Thanks

It could be your network, or some overloaded servers.
| ++ @=I=====> I am a Civilization of Royalia <=====I=@ ++ | @=I=====> The Constitutional Empire Of Acharastan<=====[=@ |
| +@=I=====> Founder of The Commonwealth of Allies <=====I=@+ |
JE SUIS CHARLIE
  • Reppy: Nationstates has taught me the art of the "polite f***-off" letter.
  • Arch: "I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up" - Valaran
National News: NAXD, Acharastan's space program, and arms supplier RA&E, are teaming up to create the "Shepard-1" spaceplane using a revolutionary liftoff method.

Grand Provincia
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Provincia » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:38 pm

I wouldn't be awfully surprised if it had to do with my internet company, but it's been the same company through it all. If it can't be determined, what ways can I fix it?
Grand Provincia is a puppet of Providence and Port Hope (Provincia), and serves to represent the period of the country under which the president declared himself king of Provincia without opposition due to rampant political apathy in Provincia.

LIBERTARIAN PARTY

Return to Technical