NATION

PASSWORD

WA Access

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Derscon
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

WA Access

Postby Derscon » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:41 pm

The Black Riders paid us a visit, and I suppose I should thank them. They didn't do much of anything and it brought something to my attention.

I've had WA Delegates barred from regional control for awhile now, or at least I thought I did. However, when I go to uncheck the box, while I get the Regional Happenings feed telling me that it's happening, on the regional controls page itself the box remains checked and it hasn't even begun to happen.

What's up with that? Is it because even though I'm a founder, I don't actually stay in the region? Is it a bug? Does it take some time to refresh? Or something else?
NationStates remains an excellent educational tool for children. It can teach you exactly just how far people will go to gain extrajudicially what they could never gain legitimately. ~ Questers
And congratulations to Derscon, who has finally codified the exact basis on which NS issues work. ~ Ardchoille

瞞天過海

Kringalia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kringalia » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:56 pm

Delegates always have executive powers whenever the Founder is out of the region.
Chief Justice of the South Pacific
Delegate of the South Pacific (Apr - Dec 2014)

Interviewed Max Barry | Tuesday Couper | Commended by WASC #422

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:56 pm

Kringalia wrote:Delegates always have executive powers whenever the Founder is out of the region.

Just wanted to confirm that Kringalia is correct. The founder must be present in the region for the WA Delegate to be non-exec.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Derscon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Derscon » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:08 am

Mousebumples wrote:
Kringalia wrote:Delegates always have executive powers whenever the Founder is out of the region.

Just wanted to confirm that Kringalia is correct. The founder must be present in the region for the WA Delegate to be non-exec.

Okay, thanks. Why, out of curiosity?
NationStates remains an excellent educational tool for children. It can teach you exactly just how far people will go to gain extrajudicially what they could never gain legitimately. ~ Questers
And congratulations to Derscon, who has finally codified the exact basis on which NS issues work. ~ Ardchoille

瞞天過海

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:22 am

Derscon wrote:
Mousebumples wrote:Just wanted to confirm that Kringalia is correct. The founder must be present in the region for the WA Delegate to be non-exec.

Because that's the way the game is coded? Because every region should have the potential for someone to have executive power within it? (Same reason why when the founder CTEs the WA delegate automatically gains executive power.) I don't have a real "reason" except for "that's the way things are," I'm afraid.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Danton
Attaché

Founded: Nov 23, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Danton » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:27 am

Derscon wrote:
Mousebumples wrote:Just wanted to confirm that Kringalia is correct. The founder must be present in the region for the WA Delegate to be non-exec.

Because when the founder's gone, there's every possibility that they're not even concerned with the region anymore, so if the delegate still doesn't have power, anarchy will ensue. Of course, that doesn't seem to be the case with you, but I suppose they had to take precautions.

Return to Technical