NATION

PASSWORD

Creating A Military Size Indicator In The Trend Tab

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Jachaelter
Envoy

Founded: Jun 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Creating A Military Size Indicator In The Trend Tab

Postby Jachaelter » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:44 pm

I think it would be good for NationStates to add a Military Size Indicator the Trend part of your nation. This would really help people to known more about the ACTUAL size of their military, so they don't lie about it in the International Incidents forum or anywhere else. In the indicator, it should say the size of your military out of 100 (Example- 76/1000) and then it should say how many people are actually in your military (Example- 2,300,500).

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:54 pm

Why do this when you can do the math? If you want your military, for example, 5% of your population, just take your population and divide it and use this to figure it out.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Jachaelter
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Jachaelter » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:12 pm

No you don't understand, some nations have compulsory military service for people ages 12+ I think it is. And I think that would be more than 5% of population. And other nations don't want to have a lot of arms manufactured, so you must also put that into use.
Last edited by Jachaelter on Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:19 pm

Jachaelter wrote:No you don't understand, some nations have compulsory military service for people ages 12+ I think it is. And I think that would be more than 5% of population. And other nations don't want to have a lot of arms manufactured, so you must also put that into use.

What you're saying sounds like a wargame, and per the FAQ:
FAQ wrote:At its core, NationStates is a political game, not a wargame.

So it's highly, actually inevitably, impossible that this will get implemented. Just use the numbers that you see fit for your population.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Jachaelter
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Jachaelter » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:28 pm

In asking them to add a little military indicator...

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:30 pm

The game doesn't track the size of your military. We'd have to simply make something up.

Rather than go through all that bother for ~4 million nations, why don't you just make up whatever figure you want for your RP wars and let other players tell you what a dumb idea it, like everyone else?

Riftend
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Riftend » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:40 pm

I'm gonna say this in the least insulting way possible - but all your posts just seem far out there. A raiding region when you don't have your idea completely around raiding, constant ideas that you seem to think can be accepted due to a popular vote and finally all the puppetwanking. If people aren't showing an interest can't you understand that force feeding them yet another poorly thought out idea is not going to have more people pay attention to you - nor is puppetwanking on here.
About Me
True Neutral
Economic Left/Right: 1.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
Prophet of
The
Coalition of Freedom

Freedom is not a right - but a privilege provided through citizenship
------------------------------Raider------------------------------
| CoF Foreign Relations | Riftend's Factbook | CoF Overview |

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:44 pm

The game does, however, track the percentage of your budget spent on defense, which is the basis for the Largest Militaries (or whatever it's called) ranking. If a nation's Analysis shows it ranking low in defense spending, then it's highly unlikely they can afford to support high troop numbers. That, and there are also several third party stats calculators that approximate actual defense budgets.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

District XIV
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:37 am

Riftend wrote:I'm gonna say this in the least insulting way possible - but all your posts just seem far out there. A raiding region when you don't have your idea completely around raiding, constant ideas that you seem to think can be accepted due to a popular vote and finally all the puppetwanking. If people aren't showing an interest can't you understand that force feeding them yet another poorly thought out idea is not going to have more people pay attention to you - nor is puppetwanking on here.

This^

And why can't you (the OP) simply make up your military numbers? I do for every RP -.-

Riftend
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Riftend » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:53 am

District XIV wrote:
Riftend wrote:I'm gonna say this in the least insulting way possible - but all your posts just seem far out there. A raiding region when you don't have your idea completely around raiding, constant ideas that you seem to think can be accepted due to a popular vote and finally all the puppetwanking. If people aren't showing an interest can't you understand that force feeding them yet another poorly thought out idea is not going to have more people pay attention to you - nor is puppetwanking on here.

This^

And why can't you (the OP) simply make up your military numbers? I do for every RP -.-

No idea - He just seems to get an idea and write a sentence with no regard for it's practicality. Above all the puppet wanking pisses me off. Can't a Mod just IP ban him due to his WA multi....there ya go....a reason. Deal with him... :rofl:
About Me
True Neutral
Prophet of
The
Coalition of Freedom

Jachaelter
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Jachaelter » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:04 am

Riftend's just mad because I'm a Christian.
Last edited by Jachaelter on Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jachaelter
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Jachaelter » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:06 am

I didn't know puppets weren't allowed Riftend. That's some news to me.

Riftend
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Riftend » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:26 am

Jachaelter wrote:Riftend's just mad because I'm a Christian.

I'm mad because i'm you're religious? Are you retarded? -.-

Jachaelter wrote:I didn't know puppets weren't allowed Riftend. That's some news to me.

no it's not - but having multiple WA nations is and as is using puppets to make your idea seem like a group of people like them. Seriously mate you just post crap - than puppetwank in hopes of it seeming popular. It's not - Don't bloody accuse me of disliking an idea due to my personal beliefs either!

I think your an idiot - not the religion
Last edited by Riftend on Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
About Me
True Neutral
Prophet of
The
Coalition of Freedom

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:44 am

Riftend wrote:

I'm mad because i'm you're religious? Are you retarded? -.-

Jachaelter wrote:I didn't know puppets weren't allowed Riftend. That's some news to me.

no it's not - but having multiple WA nations is and as is using puppets to make your idea seem like a group of people like them. Seriously mate you just post crap - than puppetwank in hopes of it seeming popular. It's not - Don't bloody accuse me of disliking an idea due to my personal beliefs either!

*** Warned for flaming ***

The Blaatschapen - Nationstates Moderator
The Blaatschapen should resign

Riftend
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Riftend » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:53 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Riftend wrote:I'm mad because i'm you're religious? Are you retarded? -.-

*** Warned for flaming ***

The Blaatschapen - Nationstates Moderator

Yeeeea - no

I would not have begun if the man hadn't called me anti-Christian. I certainly feel that'd come under flame-baiting yet he gets no warning?

"Flamebaiting: Posts that are made with the aim of angering someone indirectly. Not outright flame, but still liable to bring angry replies. Flame baiting is a far more subtle and covert action; it is an underhanded tactic that is designed to provoke a response from another player. It's in the same context of trolling but with flamebaiting it's just the one person." (viewtopic.php?f=20&t=267751)

Read the whole conversation rather than one message -.-
Last edited by Riftend on Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
About Me
True Neutral
Prophet of
The
Coalition of Freedom

Jachaelter
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Jachaelter » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:00 am

I apologize but I sure didn't call you straight up anti-Christian, and don't call ME retarded.

Riftend
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Riftend » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:03 am

Jachaelter wrote:I apologize but I sure didn't call you straight up anti-Christian, and don't call ME retarded.

In what world does "Riftends just mad because im christian" not mean your calling someone out on being anti-Christian?
About Me
True Neutral
Prophet of
The
Coalition of Freedom

Jachaelter
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Jachaelter » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:15 am

Than you for accepting the apology.

The Assassin ShadowX
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assassin ShadowX » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:59 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:The game doesn't track the size of your military. We'd have to simply make something up.

Rather than go through all that bother for ~4 million nations, why don't you just make up whatever figure you want for your RP wars and let other players tell you what a dumb idea it, like everyone else?

:rofl: This was funny. BTW, is his signature legal? The portion that he made it look like the mods banners.

District XIV
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:16 pm

If you have to resort to this because people dislike your idea, then your idea is bad.
Last edited by District XIV on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Riftend
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Riftend » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:06 pm

District XIV wrote:

If you have to resort to this because people dislike your idea, then your idea is bad.

About Me
True Neutral
Prophet of
The
Coalition of Freedom

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:12 pm

How off-topic this thread got...

If I may ask, was there ever a point where a soon-to-be feature or an already-implemented feature made NS look more like a wargame, rather than a political simulation game? Just curious about it.

Latest Headlines

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:58 pm

Torisakia wrote:How off-topic this thread got...

If I may ask, was there ever a point where a soon-to-be feature or an already-implemented feature made NS look more like a wargame, rather than a political simulation game? Just curious about it.

NS2.

*shudders*
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical