NATION

PASSWORD

Attn Admin: Govt Category Desyncing Without Gameside Change

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:39 pm

[violet] wrote:I appreciate the updates. I am completely perplexed as it only seems to affect you. I can only think that you're doing something unusual to trigger it, but I don't know what.

Yeah, it's bizarre but not particularly bothersome. I did play around with the new Issue Editor when we got access to it, assigning issues and what not. Could that have thrown something off?

Skappola wrote:This bug is affecting NStracker too. My friend's economy recently took a plunge down 20K GDPPC when his nation switched from an Anarchy to a Civil Rights Lovefest despite not answering any issues remotely pertaining to the economy. It's as though the statistics of the nation were randomly being changed on nationstates.

http://i.imgur.com/uG3olUf.jpg

If his nation went from Anarchy to Civil Rights Lovefest, then his economic freedom went down. Also, NSTracker is a third party site, so it could be an error on their end.

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:03 pm

Skappola wrote:This bug is affecting NStracker too.

That's a different issue (and probably not a bug). This thread is about Luna's government category changing only in the forum, while it stays the same, correctly, gameside.

Enfaru
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:09 pm

If it is affecting NSTracker (it's probably just slow rather than desyncing) how is NSTracker getting that data? Does it get it the same way the forums get the information?
Sovereign Charter Quick Links
Factbook · Role-plays · RMB · Map (Origin | Quantum) · Chat · Members: 73
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
Founder of the Sovereign Charter,
4th President and,
Tutor of the College of Theatrics

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:21 pm

Enfaru wrote:If it is affecting NSTracker (it's probably just slow rather than desyncing) how is NSTracker getting that data? Does it get it the same way the forums get the information?

NSTracker gathers nation statistics via the daily dumps. The forums do not use the daily dumps as a data source. Thus the two problems are unrelated.

As a 3rd anecdote, NS++ also uses daily dumps and has had no irregularities.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Previous

Return to Technical