NATION

PASSWORD

NSWiki.org - successor to NSWiki.net

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pantocratoria
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Pantocratoria » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:24 pm

Todd McCloud wrote:
Pantocratoria wrote:If you do have the corrupted backup files from 2013 and could give the community access to the raw files, in all likelihood those who cared about that data (like me) would be able to transcribe a good deal more of it.

This file has been in circulation for just about one year. Many minds have been at it. No one's been able to wring out information from it. From what I was told, it has the databases, but the actual article text is missing. If you really think you'd be able to do better, have at it. But it's been through the gambit of some of the better coders on here and each time it's resulted in the same conclusion: it's junk. I'm inclined to believe them.

Should Goob had updated the database more regularly? Absolutely. Is there anything that can be done about it now? No. There are some left on the archive web site, and some left on archive.nswiki from back in 2009. Check the links at the bottom of this page to check around. If you're lucky, you might be able to find a few popular pages on the archive.org site.

I don't mean any disrespect to anybody who's been at it nor do I believe I am capable of miracles, but I am not entirely an amateur so I wouldn't mind giving it a go myself if possible. Otherwise, thank you very much especially for the HTML to Mediawiki format link because it will make it much easier to transcribe the pages of mine from the old wiki which made it onto archive.org, although since Category:Pantocratoria had quite a lot of articles in it, there are still a lot which are gone forever unless they can be retrieved from that file.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:57 pm

Lymantatia wrote:So, what would you think, Charlotte Ryberg or Minoa? Do you really have any regret for inadvertantly causing this chain reaction that ultimately resulted in the demise of NSwiki?

To respond to allegations about my involvement in either generations of NSwiki, I have never been given sysop, admin or server access in either generation of NSwiki: I had no control over how Goobergunch implemented the anti-spam extension, and I have no control over how NSwiki.org is run or managed at present. I am confident that NSwiki.org will have better measures against spam.

I am only responsible for NSindex at present, which is independent of NSwiki.org.
Last edited by Charlotte Ryberg on Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Corunia and Mironor
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

NSWiki Login Help

Postby Corunia and Mironor » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:28 am

I didn't know where to put this. If you're a mod and reading this, please move it to the appropriate forum.

I'm having trouble logging on to NSWiki. It would be better if I could just log on with my password, but it has this long and complicated process instead, and I am having trouble doing the whole verification thing. Please help!
(she/her)

Eluvatar
Director of Technology

Founded: Mar 31, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Eluvatar » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:11 am

Corunia and Mironor wrote:I didn't know where to put this. If you're a mod and reading this, please move it to the appropriate forum.

I'm having trouble logging on to NSWiki. It would be better if I could just log on with my password, but it has this long and complicated process instead, and I am having trouble doing the whole verification thing. Please help!

NSWiki.org authentication was broken by the relocation of NS++. I am now in the process of relocating NSWiki as well. (This is why it is in readonly mode).

The databases have been transferred over entirely at this point. 3.3/8.4 GiB of images and other files have been copied so far (of both the old archive and the new nswiki.org) over the course of a little over 2 hours.

Once everything has arrived, and I have a chance to revise the configuration, nswiki will resume operations.
To Serve and Protect: UDL

Eluvatar - Taijitu member

New Oyashima
Minister

Founded: Oct 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Oyashima » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:36 am

I can't even get on the page

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:17 am

Nor can I. It's welcoming me to "NGINX." What's that? Like, the gay(er) version of NSYNC or something? :p
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:20 am

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:Nor can I. It's welcoming me to "NGINX." What's that? Like, the gay(er) version of NSYNC or something? :p

It's the webserver program.

And how can something be a gayer version of NSYNC? :shock:
The Blaatschapen should resign

Biosphere 1
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Biosphere 1 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:38 am

May I interject? Why do you two believe homosexuality is a diminutive attribute, given the context of your jest? Forgive me if I am taking this too seriously.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:07 pm

It was just a lame joke. No need to call the PC Police.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Eluvatar
Director of Technology

New York Times Democracy

Postby Eluvatar » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:24 am

Oh I neglected to post when I finally got it back up. It's back up.

If there are any lingering problems, please let me know.

Commerce Heights
Minister

Anarchy

Postby Commerce Heights » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:30 am

Eluvatar wrote:Oh I neglected to post when I finally got it back up. It's back up.

Any page that tries to use Template:Infobox is showing the internal error “Exception from line 99 of /home/nspp/mediawiki/extensions/Scribunto/engines/LuaSandbox/Engine.php: The luasandbox extension is not present, this engine cannot be used.”

Eluvatar
Director of Technology

New York Times Democracy

Postby Eluvatar » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:39 am

Commerce Heights wrote:
Eluvatar wrote:Oh I neglected to post when I finally got it back up. It's back up.

Any page that tries to use Template:Infobox is showing the internal error “Exception from line 99 of /home/nspp/mediawiki/extensions/Scribunto/engines/LuaSandbox/Engine.php: The luasandbox extension is not present, this engine cannot be used.”

Ah! Thank you!

I'll add the LuaSandbox extension ASAP!

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:18 pm

It's not back up for me. It's still welcoming me to nginx.

EDIT: Scratch that, in part. www.nswiki.org is working now; just nswiki.org takes me to "Welcome to nginx." :eyebrow:
Last edited by Omigodtheykilledkenny on Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pantocratoria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Pantocratoria » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:49 am

Sounds like a DNS problem.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:58 am

Pantocratoria wrote:Sounds like a DNS problem.

Nope.

This sounds like a server configuration issue ;)
The Blaatschapen should resign

External Nation
Attaché

Founded: Feb 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby External Nation » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:57 am

Will the bot make edits in the future automatically as the nation/region changes?
Last edited by External Nation on Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
I speak UK English, and my level is mediocre so I may need your guidance (if any).

A friendly nation that loves to expand its foreign relations to the world through the International Union.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006

Postby Todd McCloud » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:02 pm

Progress with this? I cannot add images to the site. In addition, individuals have approached me about having issues with infoboxes and other templates. My assumption is there are still pieces parts that need to be moved or uploaded in the relocation process. My skill is not in the goopy gory stuff, but I can lend a hand to try and get this compeletly back to normal ASAP.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Pantocratoria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Pantocratoria » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:48 am

Todd McCloud wrote:
Pantocratoria wrote:If you do have the corrupted backup files from 2013 and could give the community access to the raw files, in all likelihood those who cared about that data (like me) would be able to transcribe a good deal more of it.

This file has been in circulation for just about one year. Many minds have been at it. No one's been able to wring out information from it. From what I was told, it has the databases, but the actual article text is missing. If you really think you'd be able to do better, have at it. But it's been through the gambit of some of the better coders on here and each time it's resulted in the same conclusion: it's junk. I'm inclined to believe them.

I would rather like to "have at it" if somebody can provide this file. I am not sure where it is in circulation.

-United Islamic Emirates-
Envoy

Founded: Feb 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby -United Islamic Emirates- » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:52 am

How do I get my info onto this site and also fix the Islam article it missing a lot of things.
Je Suis Sirhan Hussien
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=-uni ... /id=386490
Want to add me on kik? send me a TG!
•MyInterests•
Al-Qeada,Al-Nusra,Islam,Sunni,India,Indian Culture,Islamic India,Indian Girls,Indian food,Bollywood,Arab food,Italian food,Guns,Abu Ali,Mishary Al-Afasy,Sameer Al-Bashiri,Talib Al-Habib,Abu Hajar,Millatu Ibrahim.DE,Abu Talha Al-Almani,Islamic Spain,Caliphate

http://millatuibrahim.com.au/

Lymantatia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lymantatia » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:49 pm

Pantocratoria wrote:
Todd McCloud wrote:This file has been in circulation for just about one year. Many minds have been at it. No one's been able to wring out information from it. From what I was told, it has the databases, but the actual article text is missing. If you really think you'd be able to do better, have at it. But it's been through the gambit of some of the better coders on here and each time it's resulted in the same conclusion: it's junk. I'm inclined to believe them.

I would rather like to "have at it" if somebody can provide this file. I am not sure where it is in circulation.

New plan: We take the file to a forensic lab for scientists to decode and we get the data back. Gene-E-Us.
Baptism of Fire 44 Round of 16, de facto retired.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:28 am

Todd McCloud wrote:Progress with this? I cannot add images to the site. In addition, individuals have approached me about having issues with infoboxes and other templates. My assumption is there are still pieces parts that need to be moved or uploaded in the relocation process. My skill is not in the goopy gory stuff, but I can lend a hand to try and get this compeletly back to normal ASAP.

It won't let us move over redirect anymore either.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:26 pm

Todd McCloud wrote:Progress with this? I cannot add images to the site. In addition, individuals have approached me about having issues with infoboxes and other templates. My assumption is there are still pieces parts that need to be moved or uploaded in the relocation process. My skill is not in the goopy gory stuff, but I can lend a hand to try and get this compeletly back to normal ASAP.

FYI:

TG from Eluvatar wrote:NSWiki is next on my list after NS++.

Eastern States Coalition
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern States Coalition » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:13 pm

How come my region already exists in NSWiki with pretty false information about it?

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014

Postby Phydios » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:53 pm

Eastern States Coalition wrote:How come my region already exists in NSWiki with pretty false information about it?

All region pages were originally created by a bot. If the page for your region has incorrect informatiom, change it.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:33 pm

Eastern States Coalition wrote:How come my region already exists in NSWiki with pretty false information about it?

Just to add on that it is possible to opt-out a region from bot-created articles even though I do not agree with bot-generated articles: instructions and information at: http://nswiki.org/index.php?title=Template:Opt-out

By the way, to the NSwiki admins, what happened to your backup system?
Last edited by Charlotte Ryberg on Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical