NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates++ | Browser Extension for NationStates

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:50 pm

When viewing a region with password protection enabled, the lock icon and the tiny globe icon on the "Move <nation> to <region>!" button overlap oddly. Without the extension, the lock is next to the button instead of on it.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Democratic Union of Cydonia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Union of Cydonia » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:45 pm

Yesterday I reinstalled NS++ after some of my extensions on Firefox stopped working but NS++ will not work even after i've unistalled and reinstalled it multiple times and even refreshed firefox and made a fresh installation of it. What else could I do to try to fix this problem?
Last edited by Democratic Union of Cydonia on Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Enfaru
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:32 pm

Democratic Union of Cydonia wrote:Yesterday I reinstalled NS++ after some of my extensions on Firefox stopped working but NS++ will not work even after i've unistalled and reinstalled it multiple times and even refreshed firefox and made a fresh installation of it. What else could I do to try to fix this problem?

The problem is neither with Nationstates or NS++. If some (i.e multiple) of your extensions are failing then it is something to do with Firefox and you should ask for support on their forums.

Edit.

NS++ is still in buggy mode. So the advice at the moment is to turn it off anyway. NS++ however will not conflict with other extensions or the working of firefox itself. It's purely an aesthetic extension and I believe those bits that are conducted in a more ergonomic fashion are the result of calls to files on server.
Last edited by Enfaru on Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sovereign Charter Quick Links
Factbook · Role-plays · RMB · Map (Origin | Quantum) · Chat · Members: 73
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
Founder of the Sovereign Charter,
4th President and,
Tutor of the College of Theatrics

Tir Eogain
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tir Eogain » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:21 pm

For the last eight days or so since a new version of NS ++ came out recruitment was working. Some time in the last 14 hours it has stopped and the link on the regional page has disappeared as has the rolling flags of those regions that have embassies (I am using Google Chrome).

Edit: Now both recruitment and scrolling flags are working.
Last edited by Tir Eogain on Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lucius Pocner
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lucius Pocner » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:01 pm

Hey just a little thing. The horizontal 'scrolling' bar that appears after one has started recruitment needs to z-index (or whatever it's called) fixed.
Here's a link to a screenshot:
http://postimg.org/image/b2im0c1ob/
Last edited by Lucius Pocner on Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:06 pm

Lucius Pocner wrote:Hey just a little thing. The horizontal 'scrolling' bar that appears after one has started recruitment needs to z-index (or whatever it's called) fixed.

That might be something with the theme and not NS++
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (114) 0 - 0 WSH (91) | COL (105) 0 - 0 WPG (110) | VGK (96) 0 - 0 DAL (113)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

Lucius Pocner
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lucius Pocner » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:08 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:
Lucius Pocner wrote:Hey just a little thing. The horizontal 'scrolling' bar that appears after one has started recruitment needs to z-index (or whatever it's called) fixed.

That might be something with the theme and not NS++

A workaround could be made. I am assuming z-index or some equivalent is being used on the NS++ side. If one could find out the z-index of the top panel on rift (probably like 999) then just set the telegramming bar to be below. At least that's what I figured.

Tir Eogain
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Tir Eogain » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:59 am

While I was asleep NS++ recruiting was working. Now it appears not to be working. And again the recruitment link on the regional page is missing and the scrolling of the embassies’ flags on the regional page is not happening (I am still using Google Chrome).

Edit: Now recruitment and scrolling flags are working again.
Does anyone know why this has happened twice now?
Last edited by Tir Eogain on Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Singpu
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Singpu » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:55 am

Can I ask what happened to Afforess running this?
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=9230172#p9230172

Singpu wrote...
:o
Utceforp wrote:
Singpu wrote:Utceforp, can ezungal go ahead and go to girls? Also, sorry if my sleeping is off and reading noticeably, eye doctor dialatsted my eyes so...

I'm sorry, but I can't tell what you're saying...

Translation: utceforp, can ezungal go ahead and goto Farla? Also, sorry if my typing and reading is off noticeably, my eye doctor dialated my eyes, so...

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=338724

Liberal|Pro-Capitalism|Pro Homosexual Marriage|

Enfaru
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:59 am

Singpu wrote:Can I ask what happened to Afforess running this?

Yeah. They gave up and handed the project over to Nationstates who then gave it (apparently) to a single volunteer to handle (Eluvatar who may have also been the only volunteer to sign up).
Sovereign Charter Quick Links
Factbook · Role-plays · RMB · Map (Origin | Quantum) · Chat · Members: 73
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
Founder of the Sovereign Charter,
4th President and,
Tutor of the College of Theatrics

Ainocra
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 20, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ainocra » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:52 pm

can't install the firefox version on my new machine

win 8.1 firefox 37.0.1
Alcon Enta
Supreme Marshal of Ainocra

"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny

Ainocra
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ainocra » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:33 pm

nvm i got it, had to save the file and install it locally but it works now
Alcon Enta

"From far, from eve and morning and yon twelve-winded sky, the stuff of life to knit blew hither: here am I. ...Now--for a breath I tarry nor yet disperse apart--take my hand quick and tell me, what have you in your heart." --Roger Zelazny

Ammar
Minister

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ammar » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:08 am

Does NS++ run slower in Opera?
☻ / This is Bob, copy& paste him in
/▌ your sig so Bob can take over the
/ \ world.
Heads up: Ammar is a desert country.
Film Company - National Anthem - Encyclopedia
Victorious Decepticons
Orthella
Feminarchy
United Republic of Taiwan

Zocra
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zocra » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:56 am

Tir Eogain wrote:While I was asleep NS++ recruiting was working. Now it appears not to be working. And again the recruitment link on the regional page is missing and the scrolling of the embassies’ flags on the regional page is not happening (I am still using Google Chrome).

It takes a while to load sometimes. If it doesn't at first, simply refresh the page.
Last edited by Google Bot today, edited 1 time in total. | I exist for your benefit.

Founder: United Alliances
Timezone: US Eastern

Zenzibar
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zenzibar » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:38 pm

Ainocra wrote:nvm i got it, had to save the file and install it locally but it works now

I tried and I can't install it either. Is there a guide somewhere? I got the message that Firefox is preventing it and then that Nationstates.net has a bad connection.

Using Firefox and on Windows 8.1 just like you...

United German Regions
Envoy

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United German Regions » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:00 am

Ammar wrote:Does NS++ run slower in Opera?

It may but I don't think it is meant too, probably just your computer
Founder of The Insane Region/Founder of The Embassy/Raider for few/Defender for all/International Contender/Conqueror of The Black Riders
I stand against CAIN
Pro: USA, Democracy, Military, Freedom, Fox News, Second Amendment, #AllLivesMatter, Racial Equality, Gender Equality, #BlueLivesMatter
Anti: Fascism, WA Security Council, Religious Extremism, The Nightly Show, #BlackLivesMatter, Segregation, Hillary Clinton, Heavy Feminism

United German Regions is supplying medical aid to numerous nations recovering from war | UGR investigators discovered the presence of slavery in Cresenthia to manufacture teddy bears | The leader of UGR has just eaten a samich

Eluvatar
Director of Technology

Founded: Mar 31, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Eluvatar » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Eluvatar wrote:2.5.1.2 has been published.

Please report any new problems. If you filed a bug please update it regarding whether it is still a problem or not for you once you've updated to 2.5.1.2.

If you're going to cut off the puppet list in default as well as Rift, can you at least make it easier to add puppets to different lists? Drag and drop or check box of some sort would be amazing, or even if I could just upload multiple excel sheets. What's a pain in the ass is adding all of the 80 puppets that don't fit into other lists one at a time, by typing in each and every name and PW again.

I'm pretty sure that if you select a list, the import/export function in the NS++ settings will apply to that active list. This is not very user-friendly.

Would people mind if I moved puppet list import/export to the puppet manager entirely?
Tir Eogain wrote:While I was asleep NS++ recruiting was working. Now it appears not to be working. And again the recruitment link on the regional page is missing and the scrolling of the embassies’ flags on the regional page is not happening (I am still using Google Chrome).

Yes. As currently engineered, whenever I have to restart the web service powering NS++ all websockets will silently fail, and any tabs left recruiting will stop recruiting.

I cannot avoid having to restart the web service when I make changes to it. In particular, the first cutoff was when the web service had to be restarted due to excess memory usage, and the second cutoff was to incorporate the fix for said excess memory usage to prevent that problem coming back. (There were also other fixes.)
Enfaru wrote:
Singpu wrote:Can I ask what happened to Afforess running this?

Yeah. They gave up and handed the project over to Nationstates who then gave it (apparently) to a single volunteer to handle (Eluvatar who may have also been the only volunteer to sign up).

This is slightly inaccurate in several ways.

Afforess has been banned from this site following a series of unfortunate incidents. In order to keep NS++ working for those using it, [violet] and Afforess came to an arrangement whereby Afforess would gradually transfer maintenance of NS++ to NS.

Prior to [violet]'s agreement to take NS++ in, Afforess received several offers to keep the site operating including from me.

At some point after their agreement, NS Moderation asked me if I'd be willing to run it, and I agreed, with the caveat that I would not be able to make changes at the pace Afforess did.

For my own part, both [violet] and Afforess have been available to me as needed.
Last edited by Eluvatar on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
To Serve and Protect: UDL

Eluvatar - Taijitu member

Costena
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Costena » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:34 am

Installed the NS++ extension for Firefox (37.0.2) and... I can't tell if it's working. What should it look like? :unsure:
La República de Costeña

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:50 am

Costena wrote:Installed the NS++ extension for Firefox (37.0.2) and... I can't tell if it's working. What should it look like? :unsure:

When you go to your nation page (pics 1 and 2) or region page (pic 3) on your computer, do you see any of the features circled in red?
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Ainocra
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ainocra » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:08 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
Ainocra wrote:nvm i got it, had to save the file and install it locally but it works now

I tried and I can't install it either. Is there a guide somewhere? I got the message that Firefox is preventing it and then that Nationstates.net has a bad connection.

Using Firefox and on Windows 8.1 just like you...

I had to save link as and download the extension then do an install from file to get it to install.

anyone know if there is any progress on the new firefox version?
Last edited by Ainocra on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alcon Enta

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun May 03, 2015 6:56 am

I woke up and my puppet list says I have too many nations in it again, even though nothing has changed -_-
I gave in and made separate lists, but honestly that disclaimer takes up more space than another two or three names would :P
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Ataenseleterderha
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ataenseleterderha » Sun May 03, 2015 10:17 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:I woke up and my puppet list says I have too many nations in it again, even though nothing has changed -_-
I gave in and made separate lists, but honestly that disclaimer takes up more space than another two or three names would :P

I've made several lists since NS++ started giving that message, but my default is still too big. I don't have a "good" place to put some of them. :p

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun May 03, 2015 10:30 am

Ataenseleterderha wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:I woke up and my puppet list says I have too many nations in it again, even though nothing has changed -_-

I've made several lists since NS++ started giving that message, but my default is still too big. I don't have a "good" place to put some of them. :p

My issue is, nothing has changed since I last logged on, and it fit- I didn't make a single new nation or move any between lists. But not the last one is missing and that message is there. Which is annoying. Especially because that message is bigger than the one nation it kicked off by far :P And falls far above the bottom of my screen, still.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Tir Eogain
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Tir Eogain » Mon May 04, 2015 3:24 am

I think NS++ recruitment has slowed down. In the last 24 hours only 30 telegrams have been delivered and 6 added to the queue. In not the previous 24 hours by the next previous 24 hours 371 were delivered and the queue reduced by 20. It seems the problem occurred between 48 and 36 hours ago.

Recruitment has now stopped. The recruitment link on the regional page has disappeared and so has the scrolling flags of regions with embassies. Maybe in the last 12 hours. (I am using Chrome.)

Ancient and Noble House of Ravenclaw
Secretary

Founded: May 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ancient and Noble House of Ravenclaw » Mon May 04, 2015 2:20 pm

Hi Elu.

Every time I attempt to post on Alexandria's RMB (or any RMB) when NS++ is installed, I've found that upon pressing "lodge message", the page refreshes but the message is not sent.

I'm using Firefox 37.0.2 on Windows 7 Home Premium, using the version of the Addon that is in the original post of the thread. I've found the issue is constant across any and all nations I try to post with.
Joshua Ravenclaw
Founder of the Kingdom of Alexandria
Formerly Pharaoh, WAD, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Guardian of the Atef and House Registrar of Osiris, Former Delegate, Vice Delegate, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Minister of Culture for the North Pacific, Former Minister of Information for Balder, Former Chancellor and Head Admin of the New Galactic Empire

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical