NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates++ | Browser Extension for NationStates

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Recon Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Recon Empire » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:41 am

The Recon Empire wrote:Hey guys, it's me again. This time the NS++ loads half of the features only, which resulted in a cease in recruitment telegrams also.

The features that were loaded in included:
- Puppet List
- NS++ Settings

But those that weren't included:
- Regional News
- Gameplay News
- Regional Titles
- Regional Maps
- API Recruitment

Reference image:
http://i.imgur.com/ZEfV3Cl.png

Thank you so much!! :(

Bump...

Gharan
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Gharan » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:22 pm

Okay, NS++ deleted my puppet lists yet again. I didn't even touch my browser settings this time.

Das Imperium Lives
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Das Imperium Lives » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:26 pm

Lipno wrote:
Todlichebujoku wrote:Seconds.

Is it accurate? For example, if it says 52 s, does it mean it won't update 10 minutes late?

Nevermind, I thought the time was based on server time and it turns out it's based on "your" time.
Sometimes you need to do something really stupid to move forward.

I'm talking like really, ultra, opulently stupid.

Zocra
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zocra » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:01 am

Is the recruitment system on NS++ up and running again? If not, no problemo.
Last edited by Google Bot today, edited 1 time in total. | I exist for your benefit.

Founder: United Alliances
Timezone: US Eastern

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:56 pm

Coming by to poke about some rift compatibility things -

So far, I've noticed:

Sidebar no longer floats (hope that's not intentional)
Puppet list does not scroll with page (and issue for those of us with ones that are too long to fit on one, especially with the seemingly bigger font
- on that note, I'll revisit two previous suggestion: allow us to drag-and-drop/ create folders in it like a browser bookmarks/favorites system, or allow the bar to double up if necessary (or just make it scroll with the page again :P)

Add: Region news is showing up with 150-something new things on the sidebar, but TBH doesn't even have one established :P

Add: gameside, region and roleplay news in the sidebar tend to push 2/3 of the latest forum topics offscreen, even on my giant 17+ inch one. With the bigger buttons, it barely fits without NS++, and is far to extensive with it enabled. Shrinking the font of the forum topics might be a start (since if you're using NS++, you must be on a PC, and therefore don't need the oversized text as badly).
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Alterran Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Alterran Republic » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:25 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:on that note, I'll revisit two previous suggestion: allow us to drag-and-drop/ create folders in it like a browser bookmarks/favorites system, or allow the bar to double up if necessary (or just make it scroll with the page again :P)

On the folders, go to 'Puppets' and under 'Create new puppet nations', go to 'Manage Puppets'.
It's pretty good. Personally, I would like if we could get multiple lists readily accessible directly from the top bar, not through the 'Manage Puppets' menu. But this is a step forward, and I'll take it.

One small problem. My NS++ settings, like what to display on the side bar, the display puppet regions on hover, all of that, doesn't carry on from nation to nation. I have to reset it continually and it's really annoying me.
Last edited by Alterran Republic on Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vidarr Braighart Kasten
Alterra - Vidarr - Delta - Sherlock
NS History || Logbook of Quotes
<+IH> There needs to be some constant to life that we can hold onto, something extremely difficult to find if we are constantly on the move.
<@Vidarr> I hold onto the constant of change
<+IH> How delightfully paradoxical.

Old enough to remember, young enough to not care. -Holofurnace, Iron Snakes Chapter

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:20 pm

Yes, I tried messing with that, but besides the fact that adding 30+ puppets to lists one at a time by typing in the name and password was a pain, as far as I can tell your only option is to show one folder at a time in the box up top, meaning if I want to see my sleeper pups, or my roleplay pups, instead of my tagging pups, I need to go into the management page and switch which list is visible - in which case it's easier to keep them all in one and just scroll down.

(especially since the manage puppets button is at the bottom, so I have to scroll past them all anyways :P)
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Valloria
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valloria » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:16 am

[BUG REPORT]: When using NS++ on Chrome (in the new-fangled Rift theme), I see two bubbles for 'challenge'-ing another nation. When I tried without NS++, there is only one (like there should be). Just wanted to let you guys know.
JON LOVITZ 2020

Alterran Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Alterran Republic » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:19 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Yes, I tried messing with that, but besides the fact that adding 30+ puppets to lists one at a time by typing in the name and password was a pain, as far as I can tell your only option is to show one folder at a time in the box up top, meaning if I want to see my sleeper pups, or my roleplay pups, instead of my tagging pups, I need to go into the management page and switch which list is visible - in which case it's easier to keep them all in one and just scroll down.

(especially since the manage puppets button is at the bottom, so I have to scroll past them all anyways :P)

Yeah, I get what you're saying, I think that'd be the next step. But this first step is important too :P
Vidarr Braighart Kasten
Alterra - Vidarr - Delta - Sherlock
NS History || Logbook of Quotes
<+IH> There needs to be some constant to life that we can hold onto, something extremely difficult to find if we are constantly on the move.
<@Vidarr> I hold onto the constant of change
<+IH> How delightfully paradoxical.

Old enough to remember, young enough to not care. -Holofurnace, Iron Snakes Chapter

Aglrinia
Minister

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aglrinia » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:26 am

Will the regional news be available in the rift theme? Because, as of now I haven't been able to find it.
Jakker wrote:TBH is Pro-bring Life to GP

Post War America
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:20 am

Aglrinia wrote:Will the regional news be available in the rift theme? Because, as of now I haven't been able to find it.

Its still there, its just that they don't have icons for anything that isn't challenge yet so its still kinda ugly.
Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem delendam esse
Proudly Banned from the 10000 Islands
For those who care
A PMT Social Democratic Genepunk/Post Cyberpunk Nation the practices big (atomic) stick diplomacy
Not Post-Apocalyptic
Economic Left: -9.62
Social Libertarian: -6.00
Unrepentant New England Yankee
Gravlen wrote:The famous Bowling Green Massacre is yesterday's news. Today it's all about the Cricket Blue Carnage. Tomorrow it'll be about the Curling Yellow Annihilation.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:45 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Coming by to poke about some rift compatibility things -

So far, I've noticed:

Sidebar no longer floats (hope that's not intentional)
Puppet list does not scroll with page (and issue for those of us with ones that are too long to fit on one, especially with the seemingly bigger font
- on that note, I'll revisit two previous suggestion: allow us to drag-and-drop/ create folders in it like a browser bookmarks/favorites system, or allow the bar to double up if necessary (or just make it scroll with the page again :P)

Add: Region news is showing up with 150-something new things on the sidebar, but TBH doesn't even have one established :P

Add: gameside, region and roleplay news in the sidebar tend to push 2/3 of the latest forum topics offscreen, even on my giant 17+ inch one. With the bigger buttons, it barely fits without NS++, and is far to extensive with it enabled. Shrinking the font of the forum topics might be a start (since if you're using NS++, you must be on a PC, and therefore don't need the oversized text as badly).

I've noticed a lot of the same things.

I've also noticed that hovering over the puppets list expands the top bar to lolhuge proportions.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:13 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Add: Region news is showing up with 150-something new things on the sidebar, but TBH doesn't even have one established :P

I have this same issue. Blue bubble says 159 unread news pieces, but my region doesn't have one established either.
EDIT: This happened on Chrome if that matters.
Last edited by Idzequitch on Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 pm

I should have stated as well, chrome for desktop on windows 8.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

The Reborn German Empire
Secretary

Founded: Nov 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Not authorized to update regional map.

Postby The Reborn German Empire » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:40 am

I have an issue with my region The Reborn German Empire.
I am the founder, yet whenever I try to update the regional map(NS++ feature), it tells me that I am not authorized to update it.
Can someone help me please?
P.S. Yes, I have NS++, however I already have it a long time and it worked with NS++ fine before.
Last edited by The Reborn German Empire on Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
German Embassy Program

Please note that The Reborn German Empire orients itself on the monarchic German Empire(1871 -1918), not on Nazi Germany(1933 - 1945)

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:44 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Add: Region news is showing up with 150-something new things on the sidebar, but TBH doesn't even have one established :P

I have this same issue. Blue bubble says 159 unread news pieces, but my region doesn't have one established either.

Those aren't regional news pieces from NS++. I believe the bubble on the region name is meant to indicate new posts on the regional RMB.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:10 pm

Mousebumples wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:I have this same issue. Blue bubble says 159 unread news pieces, but my region doesn't have one established either.

Those aren't regional news pieces from NS++. I believe the bubble on the region name is meant to indicate new posts on the regional RMB.

I have this problem, and there hasn't been an RMB post since over a year ago, and no regional newspaper ever established.

I then logged into a puppet in a region with no RMB posts whatsoever, and found 30 unread news articles for the regional news (which had never published an article).
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:15 pm

Mousebumples wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:I have this same issue. Blue bubble says 159 unread news pieces, but my region doesn't have one established either.

I've seen the one for the RMB posts as well, but that's not what I'm looking at. It's the button that says regional news that has a blue bubble on it. It has said 159 ever since I switched to rift, and if I click on it, it says that no regional newspaper has been established. Then if I go away from that screen, it still says 159.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:43 pm

Is it just me, or did flags on the sidebar just go poof? (chrome, using default ATM, not rift)

..Okay, tested it killing NS++, adblocker, averything. Shows up really tiny, and the max ad is gone. Might be a vanilla NS thing. Sorry if it is :P

EDIT: Yeah, violet changed/removed/did something with the Max ad for Site supporters, so that seems to have killed the large nation flag in the sidebar for Default NS.

Unrelated, I'd like to add my support to whomever suggested roleplay news have a little icon like all the others, so it fits in :P
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:59 pm

Mousebumples wrote:

It's not on the region name, though, it's on "Regional News" which links to http://www.nationstates.net/page=blank/ ... lack_hawks and disappears forumside or when one turns off NS++ :P Pretty sure it's NS++ ;) Sorry, Mousey.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

East Malaysia
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 26, 2004
Democratic Socialists

Postby East Malaysia » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:40 pm

I don't know if this was already mentioned but I didn't see it on that last few pages.

When looking at World Assembly with the new Rift theme it will not show Regional Power or Regional Influence; Endorsements show just fine. It looks like it is trying to get the info from a puppet in another region.

The East Pacific
Vizier | FA Councilor | Executive Staffer, Eastern Pacific News Service

Maintainer of Hyrule

1984 | GenSec of Our Hearts

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:15 pm

I know it's the Holidays and all, but have these issues been at least acknowledged? I only ask because it's been almost two weeks since the initial bug reports started coming in, with no responses at all from OP. Perfectly understandable if it'll be a week or three before they start getting worked on (we all have lives), but it would be nice to have even just a "got it," and possibly anything that's confusing or you'd want more screencaps of so we can have it all here for you when you have time to work on it.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Nouvelle Tealand
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

NS++ and Rift

Postby Nouvelle Tealand » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:06 am

I can't use the recruitment feature of NS++ on rift. I don't know if this is a rift issue or an NS++ issue, but I thought I should let you guys know anyway.

Economa Incorporated
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 31, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Economa Incorporated » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:19 am

Many features are working improperly or not at all on Rift right now, it seems. Try turning Rift off (i.e. switching back to default) and seeing if it works then. If it work on default, but not on RIft, it may be a Rift issue. If it works on neither, it may just be a general issue. That information may help the makers. Browser and OS never hurts as well :)
I tried so hard, and got so far, but in The End, it doesn't even matter.

TG me for any questions about my nation, mistakes or info inquires in an RP, or whatever else, anytime!

Proud rarity! A sane living resident of Black Mesa Islands! Sus and I, two sides of the same coin, until Chernobyl stops glowing. Cheeki Breeki, Comrade!

Loving member of Madhouse Productions.

The Leodensian Republic
Envoy

Founded: Dec 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

NS++ "Last seen 45 years 3 days ago"

Postby The Leodensian Republic » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:33 am

On many users it does this for some unknown reason

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical