NATION

PASSWORD

Endorsement Suggestion

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Valdasia
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Endorsement Suggestion

Postby Valdasia » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:32 pm

I have a suggestion for something to be added to a nation's page. Underneath where it says "Endorsements Received", there should be something that says "Endorsements Given" OR "Nations Endorsing" where it lists all the nations that the nation is endorsing.

Holaloperho
Envoy

Founded: Jan 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Holaloperho » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:43 am

Good idea :clap: , I was think about this one to.
It is painful to know too much;
yet I always keen to know more.

Please join the region of Sanctuary, we provide protection for nations that have been ejected and banned because their region have been invaded.
Thank you :)

Venetoland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Venetoland » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:42 pm

HEARTILY 2nd!

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:07 pm

I wouldn't mind this. I'd be okay with it actually.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Unibotian WA Mission
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WA Mission » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:52 am

Defenders try to hide in regions if they've missed update in the region they're liberating -- it occasionally works. But with this suggestion means we could be spotted if anyone one of us is spotted (unless we unendorsed and only endorsed ourselves a few seconds before the next update).
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote: Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Valdasia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Valdasia » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:19 pm

Unibotian WA Mission wrote:Defenders try to hide in regions if they've missed update in the region they're liberating -- it occasionally works. But with this suggestion means we could be spotted if anyone one of us is spotted (unless we unendorsed and only endorsed ourselves a few seconds before the next update).

Yeah, good point. This would damage the raiding-defending aspect of the game. Perhaps a nation's endorsed nations could be visible only to that nation? For example, Valdasia's endorsed nations could only be visible to Valdasia.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:56 pm

Valdasia wrote:
Unibotian WA Mission wrote:Defenders try to hide in regions if they've missed update in the region they're liberating -- it occasionally works. But with this suggestion means we could be spotted if anyone one of us is spotted (unless we unendorsed and only endorsed ourselves a few seconds before the next update).

Yeah, good point. This would damage the raiding-defending aspect of the game. Perhaps a nation's endorsed nations could be visible only to that nation? For example, Valdasia's endorsed nations could only be visible to Valdasia.

And possibly the WA Delegate and/or Founder of that region?

I would think that there are enough "Defender-friendly" (or even Raider-friendly) regions out there that the R&D groups that missed an update could find a "safe haven" in which to chill without having their presence revealed to the other side ... ?
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Valdasia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Valdasia » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:53 am

Mousebumples wrote:And possibly the WA Delegate and/or Founder of that region?

I would think that there are enough "Defender-friendly" (or even Raider-friendly) regions out there that the R&D groups that missed an update could find a "safe haven" in which to chill without having their presence revealed to the other side ... ?

Still, if the delegate could see this, they could easily spot a raider or defender. Which would be a bad thing.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:46 am

Valdasia wrote:
Mousebumples wrote:And possibly the WA Delegate and/or Founder of that region?

Still, if the delegate could see this, they could easily spot a raider or defender. Which would be a bad thing.

But if a region which is in support of raiders or defenders is specifically chosen for that reason? Why would that be a bad thing? Would the WA Delegate DefenderFriend share the information with TargetRegion?

If I'm way off, please enlighten me. Why would a defender ally spotting defenders in their region be a "bad thing" ? Would they really "tell" on their allies?
Proud Member of UNOG

Valdasia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Valdasia » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:22 pm

Mousebumples wrote:
Valdasia wrote:

But if a region which is in support of raiders or defenders is specifically chosen for that reason? Why would that be a bad thing? Would the WA Delegate DefenderFriend share the information with TargetRegion?

If I'm way off, please enlighten me. Why would a defender ally spotting defenders in their region be a "bad thing" ? Would they really "tell" on their allies?

You see, if raiders/defenders invaded a region not in support of them, this could cause problems for the attacking party.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:53 pm

Valdasia wrote:
Mousebumples wrote:But if a region which is in support of raiders or defenders is specifically chosen for that reason? Why would that be a bad thing? Would the WA Delegate DefenderFriend share the information with TargetRegion?

You see, if raiders/defenders invaded a region not in support of them, this could cause problems for the attacking party.

Yes, but I believe the problem raised above was for when they are "too late" and miss the update in the target region. As such, they try to fly under the radar in another region.

That was what my query (what's the issue with that having if allied regions are targeted as "havens" or hiding places) was about.
Proud Member of UNOG

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical