NATION

PASSWORD

Mysterious space while writing in forums.

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
The Recon Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Mysterious space while writing in forums.

Postby The Recon Empire » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:13 am

I've realized an identified space at the start of [table] whenever I use it. Not all the time, but when it happens, it leaves a huge gap between the previous words and the actual table. The scripting doesn't show any signs of this mysterious space. Below is the exact code for that part of post. Thank you very much!

Code: Select all
[hr][/hr]
[color=olive]
[size=200][b][u]The Board[/b][/u][/size][/color]
[color=navy][i]The University is managed by the Board, a group of leaders that manage the administrative, education and operational policies of the University and its sister schools worldwide. The Board sits a variety of members, including the Chancellor himself, Deans, Directors and Trustees.[/i][/color]
[hr][/hr][table][tr][td][b][u][size=120]Name[/size][/b][/u][/td][td][b][u][size=120]Title[/size][/b][/u][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dr Alistair Hennings[/td][td]Chancellor of the Legion International Universities[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Mr Alim Sanwari[/td][td]Vice-Chancellor of the University of Malkorrat[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dr Wilhelm Firarsson[/td][td]Vice-Chancellor of the King Lennart II Forsvarssen Royal University[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dr Maiko Yamasaki[/td][td]Vice-Chancellor of the Queen Andrea Lager University[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Mr Peter Naismith[/td][td]Vice-Chancellor of the National University of Frezland[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dr Walter Brettford[/td][td]Vice-Chancellor of the University of Orevito[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dr Hugh Joplin[/td][td]Dean-General of the Kohler School of Business and Economics[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dr Julius McCarthy[/td][td]Dean-General of the Aubender School of Medicine[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dr Zhao Ren[/td][td]Dean-General of the Mirren Conservatoire of Arts[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]MGen. William Padilla[/td][td]Dean-General of the Legion Defense College[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Sir Evan Worshendon[/td][td]Dean-General of the Worshendon School of Public Policy[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dr Joe Mitchell Smith[/td][td]Dean-General of the Plackett Liberal Arts College[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dr Jacob Putner[/td][td]Dean-General of the von Biber Institute of Science, Technology and Engineer[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dr Eric Bonsato[/td][td]Dean-General of the Hyden Center for Education[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dr Alex Pullham[/td][td]Trustee of the Frezland National Research Scholarship[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Mr Harold R. Olson[/td][td]Trustee of the Harold R. Olson Scholarship[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dr Yuudai Kato[/td][td]Trustee of the Kyrashia Federal Scholarship[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Sir Thomas Bascom[/td][td]Trustee of the Abidawe National Graduate Scholarship[/td][/tr][/table]

For your reference, here is the link to the post: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=338439#p24262711
Below is an image of the problem:
(End of image)
Last edited by The Recon Empire on Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:53 am

You need to remove the carriage returns within the table coding. (i.e. after each [/tr] tag) For some reason, the system reads them as a regular carriage return and inputs them before the table when displaying the table in question.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Return to Technical