NATION

PASSWORD

Store page update

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Store page update

Postby [violet] » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:19 pm

The NationStates Store page has just been updated! The main change is the removal of Google Wallet as a payment method, since Google is shutting that down, and the addition of Stripe.

PayPal is still supported.

As well as US Dollars, the Store now accepts Euros, British pounds, Canadian dollars, Australian dollars, New Zealand dollars, Swedish krona, Japanese yen, Hong Kong dollars, and Brazilian real.

The Store page now also forces an HTTPS connection (i.e. secure/encrypted) to view it, whereas previously this only happened once you started to buy something.

Please let me know of any problems or questions!
Last edited by [violet] on Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Store now accepts currencies other than US dollars

Aksun
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aksun » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:16 am

https://www.nationstates.net/page=store

I can confirm that the new change has no problems that I can see. Nothing has blown up and the https is working. The only issue that I have is that when it is https there is no lock icon or green stripe on the url bar.

Laevendell
Envoy

Founded: Jan 29, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Laevendell » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:15 am

The lack of green bar is probably because it is a domain validated certificate. I believe you only get the green bar with an organisation validated certificate, which is a more involved process.

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:02 pm

Aksun wrote:there is no lock icon or green stripe on the url bar

Which browser + version are you using?

Different browsers display different things, but there should definitely be some kind of lock to signify that it's a secure connection.

I get a green lock beside the URL in Chrome, a gray lock in Firefox, a black lock in Safari, and... okay, Internet Explorer is a little weird. It usually displays a gray lock, but not if you've just been redirected to the secure store page and haven't visited it before. I will check that out.

Laevendell wrote:The lack of green bar is probably because it is a domain validated certificate. I believe you only get the green bar with an organisation validated certificate, which is a more involved process.

There is indeed a difference, but that shouldn't mean no lock for regular SSL. In Chrome, a green lock and a green "https://" displays for sites using a domain validated certificate (like us), while if the organization's identity has been validated, too, Chrome also displays something like "Twitter, Inc. [US]".

Aksun
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aksun » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:46 pm

Browser is IE11 with Win 7 OS.

My phone (iPhone 5s Safari) has a black lock, but no green stripe. I would assume for my phone I don't need the green stripe if I have the lock?
Last edited by Aksun on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:42 pm

Aksun wrote:I would assume for my phone I don't need the green stripe if I have the lock?

Correct: the lock means it's a secure encrypted connection.

NationStates uses PayPal and Stripe to process payments, so we never actually see your credit card details, and that part of the process has always been encrypted anyway. But it's nice to be able to see that you're on a secure connection before you begin a transaction.

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:10 pm

I just added support for some new currencies: Euro, GBP, Aussie dollars, and more. So we'll see how this goes. Again, please post any problems or questions!

Mushmellow
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Mushmellow » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:01 pm

Is it posible to add MXN pesos?
I am Mushmellow! Hear me ROAR!!!

Enfaru
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:26 am

Hi

While I don't use Google Wallet at the best of times, I cannot find any evidence that this is indeed being shut down. The link provided directs to a 404 and the only evidence I can find is that a "card" facility is being shut down in favour of a Mobile App style payment, which would be fine right?

https://qz.com/651903/google-wallet-is- ... ebit-card/

Nevertheless, it would be really nice if NS could support Bitcoins or similar.
Sovereign Charter Quick Links
Factbook · Role-plays · RMB · Map (Origin | Quantum) · Chat · Members: 73
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
Founder of the Sovereign Charter,
4th President and,
Tutor of the College of Theatrics

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:00 am

Enfaru wrote:Hi

While I don't use Google Wallet at the best of times, I cannot find any evidence that this is indeed being shut down. The link provided directs to a 404 and the only evidence I can find is that a "card" facility is being shut down in favour of a Mobile App style payment, which would be fine right?

https://qz.com/651903/google-wallet-is- ... ebit-card/

Nevertheless, it would be really nice if NS could support Bitcoins or similar.

With regards to bitcoin:

viewtopic.php?p=31055174#p31055174
The Blaatschapen should resign

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical