NATION

PASSWORD

Wipe Out grafitti change.

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Apathis
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Wipe Out grafitti change.

Postby Apathis » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:24 pm

A couple extra options if your culture is high enough(doesn't take much culture):

3. [insert cultural name here] cultural advisor says: "Dude, if you want to have art, we should pay people like me to add murals to some of the walls of the city. While it would cost tax dollars, just think of the cultural and environmental benefits from doing such."

4. [insert business name here] business consultant says: "I have a business venture to propose about this. Instead of art, there could be an agency for placing bulletins and signs that advertise varying products. Just imagine the increased business from doing such!"

{risk with 4} - Crime would increase due to haters, stripping down bulletins.

A Humanist Science
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby A Humanist Science » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:17 pm

This should probably be towed over to Got Issues?

Anyway...

Apathis wrote:3. [insert cultural name here] cultural advisor says: "Dude, if you want to have art, we should pay people like me to add murals to some of the walls of the city. While it would cost tax dollars, just think of the cultural and environmental benefits from doing such."

The fact that #114 is about grafitti means that, by definition, the artists in question are doing their thing without permission, and thus without regard to payment.
So, #114 doesn't address the possibility of paying people for murals because the issue is expressly about unauthorized activity.

Now, there might be space for a new issue concerning urban renewal, or whether government has the right to make property owners spruce up their places in some way...

Solumbin
Civilian

Founded: Oct 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Solumbin » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:27 pm

Good idea that, thanks.

Dunraven
Secretary

Founded: Jun 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dunraven » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:03 am

There are plenty of issues that need more options, but that's not one of them.
It's well-balanced. Stat-wise, only one of my thirty puppets has to dismiss it. Which is better than 60% of issues.

Some of the worst ones for me include issue 74 (Nation's Racers Growing Fast And Furious), 162 (Animal Experimentation Laws Under Scrutiny), and 236 (Quickie Marriages Under Scrutiny): all need to be dismissed by over half of my puppets. 388 and 585 are almost as bad.
Last edited by Dunraven on Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hanadon
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanadon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:39 am

Perhaps there should be an 'incomplete choices' post....
Last edited by Hanadon on Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:38 am

This issue has excellent stats, with a low dismissal rate and an almost 50-50 split between the two options.

That's not to say we'd never add options to an issue like that, but it definitely makes us less inclined to.

Neither of those suggested options add to the difficulty of the decision, the humour or the entertainment value, however.

Remember, our goal is not comprehensiveness, nor to have an option that every nation is happy to pick. Rather, the stated goal is to present options where you feel unsure whether you've done the right thing after you pick it, to cover a range of choices, but never an easy way out.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Return to Got Issues?