NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] A Kaiju Sized Catastrophe (EASTER EGG)

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Gurori
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] A Kaiju Sized Catastrophe (EASTER EGG)

Postby Gurori » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:50 pm

Name

A Kaiju Sized Catastrophe

Description

A creature contained in a research facility has broken free, it has called for it's mate and there are growing concerns that they will breed and cause more calamity. These creatures have been nicknamed MUTOs. To add to the problem, the notorious monster Godzilla has awoken and is heading towards @@CAPITAL@@.

Validity

Valid for all nations.

Options

[option]"We must destroy both threats with brute force!" says @@RANDOMNAME@@, the general of @@NAME@@'s army. "If we don't do something about it now, the entire nation could be put at risk! Of course this would cost a lot of money and lots of people would die but think about the future of the nation!"
[effect] millions of soldiers are essentially committing suicide by trying to fight gigantic monsters.
[stats] happiness decreases, death rate grows, military weakens

[option]"The arrogance of men is thinking nature is in our control and not the other way around. Let them fight." says Dr. Ichiro Serizawa. "We cannot control nature and we cannot lose valuable soldiers. There will be alot of damage which will require a tax raise to pay for repairs and many civilians will die but that is the sacrifice that has to be made."
[effect] giant monsters fight in the street every couple of weeks, killing many.
[stats] death rate grows, tax rate increases

[option]"I have an idea, let's do BOTH!" says @@RANDOMNAME@@, head of the movie lovers committee. "I've seen this kind of event happen in a movie, what we should do is fight the enemy while letting the big guy do his job. Heck, you could even try making alliance with him!"
[effect] after many deaths from failed attempts to do so, the military is now capable of taming monsters.
[stats] death rate grows, military size increases
Last edited by Gurori on Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gurori is currently being refurbished, please excuse any inconsistencies in the meantime.
Puppet master of Neo Gurori.

This nation will never reflect my actual views.
Also, NS Stats are absolutely non-canon.

Leppikania
Minister

Founded: Apr 13, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leppikania » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:53 pm

I think this would be better suited as an easter egg issue.
INTP, -4.25 Economic Left/Right, -4.1 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian, tastes like chicken.
I do use NS stats, thank you very much.
Funny Quotes
Pie charts for industries
Request an Embassy

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:54 pm

Leppikania wrote:I think this would be better suited as an easter egg issue.

I intended that, I just didn't know where to put it.
Gurori is currently being refurbished, please excuse any inconsistencies in the meantime.
Puppet master of Neo Gurori.

This nation will never reflect my actual views.
Also, NS Stats are absolutely non-canon.

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:56 pm

The issue editors aren't looking for new Easter Eggs at this time.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:52 pm

Phydios wrote:The issue editors aren't looking for new Easter Eggs at this time.

We can speak for ourselves, thank you.

Though Phydios is correct - we're not looking for any Easter Eggs.
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Phydios
Minister

Postby Phydios » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:10 pm

Sanctaria wrote:
Phydios wrote:The issue editors aren't looking for new Easter Eggs at this time.

We can speak for ourselves, thank you.

Um, sorry. I thought it would be nice for Gurori to know that as soon as he could. There's no reason to not tell him that. This forum doesn't have the strict post requirements of the Moderation forum.

Should I just stop giving information here? With that reaction, I'll be more hesitant than before anyway.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:24 pm

Phydios wrote:
Sanctaria wrote:We can speak for ourselves, thank you.

Um, sorry. I thought it would be nice for Gurori to know that as soon as he could. There's no reason to not tell him that. This forum doesn't have the strict post requirements of the Moderation forum.

Should I just stop giving information here? With that reaction, I'll be more hesitant than before anyway.

Well for all you know, we could have decided last night that yes we will be on the lookout for potential Easter Egg issues :p

If you were to say "the Issues Sticky says not to submit easter eggs" that's fine, and that's correct information. But you said we, i.e. the Editing Team, weren't looking for new Easter Eggs, which you really don't know because you're not on the team.

You can argue that's just semantics and I'm being a pedant but, er, I am an Editor. 'Tis my job! ;)
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Phydios
Minister

Postby Phydios » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:23 pm

Point taken. How about, "Last I heard, the issue editors aren't looking for new Easter Eggs at this time."?

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:33 pm

Phydios wrote:Point taken. How about, "Last I heard, the issue editors aren't looking for new Easter Eggs at this time."?
Now you're just contradicting yourself. How can it be both "last I heard" and "at this time"?

Anyway, my personal advice for anyone hoping to have a snowball's chance in hell of having his easter egg issue accepted (I do think it's technically possible, since some easter egg issues have been added fairly recently, albeit ones that were in the queue for a long time): don't think that, just because easter egg issues can ignore some of the rules that apply to other issues (like making sense), writing one is "easy" or requires less effort than a normal issue. Good humor, that's appropiately whimsical while still being meaningful within its weird subject matter rather than just being randomly silly, is hard. Writing a good easter egg issue is much harder than writing a good normal issue and so unless you're a very good writer you're unlikely to make anything worthwhile, which is probably why the editors want to discourage you from trying in the first place.

(See, I used the word "probably" so you can't accuse me of speaking out of place!)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?