NATION

PASSWORD

pending laws

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Brachiostan
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

pending laws

Postby Brachiostan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:23 am

Each day when a new issue is presented, i choose one of 2-3 choices,from there a basic action or effect is then caused. For example i made nudity acceptable . But now everyone walks around nude. Not what thy law. Was intended to do. Is there a way to limit thr extreme nature of things. Just bc you make a law doesnt mean most everyone will start to do this.

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:34 am

Brachiostan wrote:Each day when a new issue is presented, i choose one of 2-3 choices,from there a basic action or effect is then caused. For example i made nudity acceptable . But now everyone walks around nude. Not what thy law. Was intended to do. Is there a way to limit thr extreme nature of things. Just bc you make a law doesnt mean most everyone will start to do this.

From the FAQs:

Why is my nation so weird?

Everything is exaggerated a little. Well, okay, a lot. Your decisions affect your nation very strongly, so your country might seem like a more extreme version of what you were aiming for. Unless you have radical politics. In which case you probably think nothing's wrong.

My decision had unintended consequences!

Yeah, that'll happen. For one thing, see "Why is my nation so weird?" above. For another, pretty much every decision you make will involve a trade-off of some kind. It's kind of an exercise in choosing the best of a bunch of bad options. You might find this frustrating, especially if you're the kind of person who thinks the solutions to all the world's problems are obvious.
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Brachiostan
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Brachiostan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:40 am

Perfect answer Thanks

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:18 pm

Brachiostan wrote:For example i made nudity acceptable . But now everyone walks around nude.
Not what it says. It says this:

2 days 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Brachiostan, citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked.

"Frequently" is somewhat vaguely-defined. You apparently understood it as really, really frequently, but even if, say, only one in fifty people goes nude, that still means you're likely to pass at least one nude person on the street in any given day.

Now as for me personally, I want a way to make my nation go nude more often than that (without making it compulsory). But the game doesn't actually have a way to do that.

Drachmaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Drachmaland » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:43 pm

Trotterdam wrote:
Brachiostan wrote:For example i made nudity acceptable . But now everyone walks around nude.
Not what it says. It says this:

2 days 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Brachiostan, citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked.

"Frequently" is somewhat vaguely-defined. You apparently understood it as really, really frequently, but even if, say, only one in fifty people goes nude, that still means you're likely to pass at least one nude person on the street in any given day.

Exactly! Your Nudity metric, Brachiostan, is 176 in a stat that has a world average of 124 and a worldwide maximum of 1220. I wouldn't say that data show your people are nude all the time. :)

Bedetopia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bedetopia » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:03 pm

I remember that this nudity issue has 3 outcomes:

- Nudity is outlawed
- Nudity is allowed but not compulsory
- Nudity is compulsory

I think you chose the second one.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:13 pm

Specifically, this:

#008 Nudists Demand Time In Sun
1. citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked
2. public nudity is compulsory
3. nudity is frowned upon

I checked his nation page because I thought he might have possibly chosen to make nudity compulsory instead of merely legal by mistake, but that's not what happened.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?