NATION

PASSWORD

Highly illogical effects on the controversial coup issue

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Azurius Diplomacy
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Highly illogical effects on the controversial coup issue

Postby Azurius Diplomacy » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:51 pm

First of all: I am not one to complain about 1 or 2 minor misshaps in effects, however this one also at that strength of effect just blew me and this in my oppinion needs to be addressed.

it´s the issue #267: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 3&t=88#267

So... I picked option 3 in an attempt to improve both economy/average income and arms production, supposedly this should also have been a tax reducer, also fully knowing that I would have to swallow other negative effects, but however nah:

Instead first of all it lowered my average income by a whopping 002,379! It would need 2 to 4 issues which are pro economy to that back up again! What the hell is up with that?

My taxer were increased by 0,4 instead of beeing lowered. None of my industrial sectors were changed... And besides giving me a load of negative effects to chew on, it somehow paradoxically lowered my corruption and increased my lifespan :blink:

Please tell me for heavens sake: How the heck is this possible? Lifespan? This doesn´t make any sense at all! Supporting rogue regimes by increasing your arms exports for more profit: Come on that is as corrupt as you can get but instead my corruption was lowered... How the heck does producing more arms get my toxicity down? Old age deaths went down a bit as well.

This whole issue had so random and illogically wrong effects.... I can´t help but to report this because it is so false and so off... It seems this is no slight bias but a serious bug that occured here.

My guess is: Somehow some effects of option 2 got mixed up with the effects of option 3 and/or vice versa. The increase in lifespan or decrease in toxicity for instance is something i´d expect from option 2, also the decrease in average income/economy is something i´d rather expect from option 2, same with the taxes going up. Whilst old age deaths going down is something one would expect from option 3. A decrease in corruption would be something you once again rather get from option 1 or 2.

How are these effects possible? As I said this looks not like slightly different effects or a slight bias on the editors, but looks like an actual bug to me.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:54 pm

Could you post the name of the nation affected? The nation you are posting from hasn't answered any issues.

Edit: Stats look fine on the backend.
Last edited by Luna Amore on Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azurius Diplomacy
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Azurius Diplomacy » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:19 pm

My bad, I use this puppet here for diplomacy, forum posts and stuff like that:

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=azurius

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:27 pm

I've not looked into this yet, but on your issue with increased life span etc, have you taken into consideration the recently piece of Health legislation enacted by the WA (which effects stats)?
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Like I said before, the backend stats look fine and the recent changes to your trend graph make sense for that option.

If an admin wants to look further into, they can, but everything looks normal to me. You are describing weird effects, but they don't match the stats on the issue. The most likely explanation is that you are mistaken on where your stats were before the issue.

Azurius Diplomacy
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Azurius Diplomacy » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:56 pm

Sanctaria wrote:I've not looked into this yet, but on your issue with increased life span etc, have you taken into consideration the recently piece of Health legislation enacted by the WA (which effects stats)?

True but this was 1 and a half days ago... does it really take that long for WA legislations to take effect? It could explain an increase in lifespan, however, it wouldn´t explain the other weird effects, let alone the extreme decrease in average income, if that were what caused the average income to drop that radical: Then other WA nations within my region would have been effected the same way, but alas they clearly weren´t.

Luna Amore wrote:Like I said before, the backend stats look fine and the recent changes to your trend graph make sense for that option.

If an admin wants to look further into, they can, but everything looks normal to me. You are describing weird effects, but they don't match the stats on the issue. The most likely explanation is that you are mistaken on where your stats were before the issue.

The current +1 in economy came from the issue before that: "Uranium Deposit Promises To Enrich Azurius" Where I took option 1 instead of option 3 this time.

To your second question: No I am definitely not mistaken, as I closely monitor the effects the issues and options I take and write them down as well. There is definitely no mistake here, the complete list of effects were as following:

+0,4 taxes, -6 political freedoms, -9 corruption, +6 employment, +1 lifespan, -1,2 toxicity, -4,5 safety, -0,9 safety from crime, -0,5 niceness, +0,5 rudeness
-0,6% old age deaths, +0,6% heart disease
-002,379 average income

Those were all of the effects I got from that controversial coup issue, option 3.

Return to Got Issues?