NATION

PASSWORD

[Submitted] Ugly History Under Threat

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Annihilators of Chan Island
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

[Submitted] Ugly History Under Threat

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Mon May 25, 2015 2:14 am

A long-running campaign to remove the currently derelict building atop ''Terror Hill'', a relic of the very darkest parts of the nation's history, has finally culminated with it coming to your attention.

validity: nation is positive in culture, and has ''reasonable'' political freedoms.

[option] ''We cannot break with the past until this stain is destroyed," argues sincere campaigner @@RANDOMNAME@@. ''Terror Hill, as it is, simply reminds us of the very worst parts of our history. We cannot continue as a modern society without decisively showing that we have literally taken a bulldozer to our sins.''
[effect] the @@CAPITAL@@ Terror Hill is being wholesale removed.
[stats] Happiness increases, Tourism decreases, Culture decreases very slightly, Pacifism decreases, Environment increases significantly

[option] ''I think the filth on Terror Hill needs to stay around, at least while I live',' reckons 115 year old @@RANDOMNAME@@, a surviving victim of the atrocities that occurred there. "But once I die... how can anyone truly feel what happened there? How will anybody be able to come there and sincerely vow for it to never again? Terror Hill should just be left alone, with nature taking it down in a beautifully symbolic move showing how society has atoned for those crimes."
[effect] nature is being left to take its course on the @@CAPITAL@@ Terror Hill.
[stats] Happiness decreases very slightly, Tourism decreases slightly, Environment increases

[option] A mysterious man in a dark trench coat has a different idea.''Between you and me, we should... reopen the camp on Terror Hill. Lots of... opposition types might like to go there... you understand.'' He glances at your face and then, aghast, says, ''@@LEADER@@, what are you thinking...? Are you...? NO, I'm advocating reopening it to TOURISTS! We should open the camp to the public and own up to our horrific past! My goodness leader, what did you think I was saying?!''
[effect] the number one tourist attraction in the nation is also the one it is least proud of.

[option] ''How about a memorial garden?'' asks a chirpy @@RANDOMNAME@@'' We could bulldoze the thing and replace it with lots of pretty flowers and fountains, then have some plaques to remind everyone what happened on Terror Hill. It'll be a great tribute to those victims of Terror Hill! Sure, the buildings have to be knocked down, but everyone hates looking at them anyway!''
[effect] bushes in the memorial garden hide the plaques revealing the old atrocities of Terror Hill.
Last edited by Annihilators of Chan Island on Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.
This nation is modeled on being my absolute worst dystopia imaginable. In no way do the Annihilators reflect my opinions, in fact I am totally against almost every single policy they enact.
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?

I honestly really like to write issues.

Proud member of The Anti Democracy League

Golgothastan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 26, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Golgothastan » Mon May 25, 2015 2:49 am

And the complaints that "My nation never had a death camp!" begin in 3...2...1...

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Mon May 25, 2015 12:18 pm

Golgothastan wrote:And the complaints that "My nation never had a death camp!" begin in 3...2...1...

My nation never had a death camp in our dark past! (We had several...... seriously it was very horrible. That's why there was a revolution)

Seriously though, that's just not an issue - every nation would reasonably be expected to have a murky past.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Mon May 25, 2015 1:32 pm

Caracasus wrote:
Golgothastan wrote:And the complaints that "My nation never had a death camp!" begin in 3...2...1...

My nation never had a death camp in our dark past! (We had several...... seriously it was very horrible. That's why there was a revolution)

Seriously though, that's just not an issue - every nation would reasonably be expected to have a murky past.

You say that, but we still get complaints every time an issue assumes something about the nation.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Mon May 25, 2015 1:39 pm

My personal thought was that if somebody did complain about it not in their past, then we could joke about them being ''deniers''. The crux of the thing about the death camp here is that the nation has repented- notice how reopening it to political prisoners is simply not an option- so there is no reason to get upset about this assumption.

But yeah... anything to say about the draft itself?
Last edited by Annihilators of Chan Island on Mon May 25, 2015 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This nation is modeled on being my absolute worst dystopia imaginable. In no way do the Annihilators reflect my opinions, in fact I am totally against almost every single policy they enact.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Mon May 25, 2015 5:48 pm

It could rankle players who want their nation's histories mapped out from the beginning (particularly nations which are supposed to have been founded fairly recently, in-character), but having mistreated political prisoners in the past isn't exactly a rare thing if you downplay it from the extreme severity of Nazi death camps - even the US was rather repressive to Japanese immigrants during World War 2. The "if it doesn't fit your nation, dismiss it" clause applies, I think. Granted, I probably would be one of the people who'd dismiss it.

It wouldn't bother me as much as the recent spate of "@@LEADER@@'s family life" issues. #417 gets a mild pass because it would still easily be a scandal with a lesser government functionary and because option 3 resonates strongly with my views, but #432 just intrudes political baggage on what should be a personal choice, even if the issue did guess correctly about my family status (married with no children, apparently - at least if I'm male, which would mostly preclude option 1 as a bachelor), or if we apply the issue retroactively to before I had whatever children I have now. Most leaders of most nations throughout history have had children, which hasn't affected much of anything, except when it comes to succession laws in a monarchy (hmm...). I'm confused at how an issue about something as widely-applicable and publicly-relevant as a statue of your leader was warned against while this one made it through, though I guess that can be chalked up to different editors having different standards ;)

Annihilators of Chan Island wrote:The crux of the thing about the death camp here is that the nation has repented- notice how reopening it to political prisoners is simply not an option- so there is no reason to get upset about this assumption.
Which options are presented is really less of an issue in terms of "assumptions" than what's held to already be the case regardless of which option you select. Though I do like how you avoided that particular option. (Also, I note that the "reasonable political freedoms" validity is obviously there to make sure this issue only appears to nations that actually do behave better now.)

Annihilators of Chan Island wrote:But yeah... anything to say about the draft itself?
Option 3 is amusing :)

Option 2 may be somewhat redundant with it, since both of them are about keeping the remains standing in the name of being candid about your sordid past.

I am somewhat confused about the "it would give our military something to do" part in option 3. Is the implication that enlisted personnel would be acting as tour guides? That seems like something you're be handing over to civilians.
Last edited by Trotterdam on Mon May 25, 2015 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Full Spectrum
Civil Servant

Founded: May 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Full Spectrum » Tue May 26, 2015 12:23 am

About the "but MY country never" claims, I can see the national director of the Ministry of Historical Revisions insisting that there have NEVER been any death camps, evidence to the contrary was clearly planted by enemies of the state, and maybe those spreading such claims should be brought in for interrogation on suspicion of being one of those enemies?

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Tue May 26, 2015 1:15 am

Full Spectrum wrote:About the "but MY country never" claims, I can see the national director of the Ministry of Historical Revisions insisting that there have NEVER been any death camps, evidence to the contrary was clearly planted by enemies of the state, and maybe those spreading such claims should be brought in for interrogation on suspicion of being one of those enemies?
The problem with that is that claiming your nation didn't do something when you're telling the truth and claiming your nation didn't do it when it actually did should have very different effects. If you choose to say that your nation never did something and it causes your corruption stat to go up, that's going to upset people more than if such an option simply wasn't presented, nudging people to dismiss the issue instead. (This is also a problem with #417 option 2.)

Golgothastan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Golgothastan » Tue May 26, 2015 6:29 am

How about making the site vaguer? Rather than a death camp, it could be alluded to as the site of some atrocity. That way people could interpret as being a massacre of indigenous @@DEMONYM@@s or a workers' revolt savagely put down or a religious figure martyred or even an actual death camp, without it being quite so on the nose.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Tue May 26, 2015 2:46 pm

Trotterdam wrote:It wouldn't bother me as much as the recent spate of "@@LEADER@@'s family life" issues. #417 gets a mild pass because it would still easily be a scandal with a lesser government functionary and because option 3 resonates strongly with my views, but #432 just intrudes political baggage on what should be a personal choice, even if the issue did guess correctly about my family status (married with no children, apparently - at least if I'm male, which would mostly preclude option 1 as a bachelor), or if we apply the issue retroactively to before I had whatever children I have now. Most leaders of most nations throughout history have had children, which hasn't affected much of anything, except when it comes to succession laws in a monarchy (hmm...). I'm confused at how an issue about something as widely-applicable and publicly-relevant as a statue of your leader was warned against while this one made it through, though I guess that can be chalked up to different editors having different standards ;)

It depresses me how all but one of those you're complaining about were authored by me.... yeah, I'll show myself the door.

Trotterdam wrote:Option 3 is amusing :)

Option 2 may be somewhat redundant with it, since both of them are about keeping the remains standing in the name of being candid about your sordid past.

I am somewhat confused about the "it would give our military something to do" part in option 3. Is the implication that enlisted personnel would be acting as tour guides? That seems like something you're be handing over to civilians.

How about option 2 being about transferring the site to Wezeltonia to use as a military base? With @Golgothastan's ''be vague'', I could have that option be a haunted castle with natural fortifications? That would keep the building standing and be different from option 3.

The complaint about option 3 will be removed.

Golgothastan wrote:How about making the site vaguer? Rather than a death camp, it could be alluded to as the site of some atrocity. That way people could interpret as being a massacre of indigenous @@DEMONYM@@s or a workers' revolt savagely put down or a religious figure martyred or even an actual death camp, without it being quite so on the nose.

A pretty good idea, I must admit. It would avoid the angry ''oh my nation never had death camps!'' people. That said, the problem with keeping it vague is that some structure has to be there, if it was just a field where a massacre or famous battle took place, then the whole debate would not exist.

I'll come back to deal with this when I edit it tomorrow. By then I should have a midnight brainwave about how to work it.

Full Spectrum wrote:About the "but MY country never" claims, I can see the national director of the Ministry of Historical Revisions insisting that there have NEVER been any death camps, evidence to the contrary was clearly planted by enemies of the state, and maybe those spreading such claims should be brought in for interrogation on suspicion of being one of those enemies?

Outer Spart-ocaust denier spotted! :p

In all honesty though tempting as it is....(so tempting...) that option won't be in. As I've stated before, I wish it to be for nations that actually behave better than that now.
Last edited by Annihilators of Chan Island on Tue May 26, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Thu May 28, 2015 5:04 pm

I've edited it to be a more vague ''Terror Hill'' instead of the @@CAPITAL@@ Death Camp. Any commentary?

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Sun May 31, 2015 3:01 am

Annihilators of Chan Island wrote:I've edited it to be a more vague ''Terror Hill'' instead of the @@CAPITAL@@ Death Camp. Any commentary?

Yeah, that works much better. I can see why someone might get a bit annoyed if they've planned their nation's history from the very foundation and they didn't have death camps, but every nation is realistically going to have something in their past that's bad. Even if the nation is "perfect" then it's just a matter of degree.

To (probably mis)quote a sociologist that I studied years ago "In a community of saints, the man with bad table manners is a pariah"
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Golgothastan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Golgothastan » Sun May 31, 2015 3:26 am

Trotterdam wrote:It wouldn't bother me as much as the recent spate of "@@LEADER@@'s family life" issues. #417 gets a mild pass because it would still easily be a scandal with a lesser government functionary and because option 3 resonates strongly with my views, but #432 just intrudes political baggage on what should be a personal choice, even if the issue did guess correctly about my family status (married with no children, apparently - at least if I'm male, which would mostly preclude option 1 as a bachelor), or if we apply the issue retroactively to before I had whatever children I have now. Most leaders of most nations throughout history have had children, which hasn't affected much of anything, except when it comes to succession laws in a monarchy (hmm...).

For what it's worth I completely agree...
Trotterdam wrote:I'm confused at how an issue about something as widely-applicable and publicly-relevant as a statue of your leader was warned against while this one made it through, though I guess that can be chalked up to different editors having different standards ;)

...but not everyone does. Oh well.

Anyway, about this issue: I know we tell players not to worry about stats, but in general terms, what is it that you think the options do? Reading the text, I don't really get a good sense of what the actual conflict is. There is no "bulldoze" stat in the game. So is it that you see it as destroying culture? As harming tourism? As improving pacifism and equality? I'm not asking you to code the stats for this issue - you can't - but just to think a bit more about what you're asking players to choose between.

I really don't like option #2 still. I know some issues reference foreign nations, but the main stats impact of this one seems to be on a foreign nation, which isn't something the game could do.

In all honesty I still don't really like this issue but I can't fault your enthusiasm.
Last edited by Golgothastan on Sun May 31, 2015 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Sun May 31, 2015 3:56 am

Golgothastan wrote:
Trotterdam wrote:It wouldn't bother me as much as the recent spate of "@@LEADER@@'s family life" issues. #417 gets a mild pass because it would still easily be a scandal with a lesser government functionary and because option 3 resonates strongly with my views, but #432 just intrudes political baggage on what should be a personal choice, even if the issue did guess correctly about my family status (married with no children, apparently - at least if I'm male, which would mostly preclude option 1 as a bachelor), or if we apply the issue retroactively to before I had whatever children I have now. Most leaders of most nations throughout history have had children, which hasn't affected much of anything, except when it comes to succession laws in a monarchy (hmm...).

For what it's worth I completely agree...
Trotterdam wrote:I'm confused at how an issue about something as widely-applicable and publicly-relevant as a statue of your leader was warned against while this one made it through, though I guess that can be chalked up to different editors having different standards ;)

...but not everyone does. Oh well.

I think each Editor approaches thing differently.

We've previously said the rule of thumb is that the issue would have have to be legitimately something that comes across a leader's desk. We've broken this in the past for funny or once-off issues, but it's still a general principle we'd like all writers to adhere to.

That said, family life issues genuinely are items that make their way to the desks of the nation's leader. More so prevalent in today's non-stop media cycle world, but even 10/15 years ago - just watch The West Wing and you'll see CJ often telling President Bartlet the media or the public have questions about family or personal or trivial matters. One only need go back a little further to when Bush41 was asked questions about his not liking broccoli!

So it's not unprecedent or unheard of for such things like "why don't you have children the media want to know" to make it's way to the Oval Office, or whatever your NS equivalency is.

In term of the statue issue - we have an issue already dealing with the apotheosis of leader, I think that kind of covers the glorification aspect of things, and as such an issue about a statue isn't something I'd go for.
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Jute
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jute » Sun May 31, 2015 3:59 am

Luna Amore wrote:
Caracasus wrote:

You say that, but we still get complaints every time an issue assumes something about the nation.

Maybe make it invalid for nations with high pacifism, or something like that? Though of course that might be debatable, as Germany has a large pacifist movement since the 80s itself...
Golgothastan wrote:How about making the site vaguer? Rather than a death camp, it could be alluded to as the site of some atrocity. That way people could interpret as being a massacre of indigenous @@DEMONYM@@s or a workers' revolt savagely put down or a religious figure martyred or even an actual death camp, without it being quite so on the nose.

That sounds good and like it would be more applicable to more nations.
Last edited by Jute on Sun May 31, 2015 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Sun May 31, 2015 10:10 am

Sanctaria wrote:We've previously said the rule of thumb is that the issue would have have to be legitimately something that comes across a leader's desk. We've broken this in the past for funny or once-off issues, but it's still a general principle we'd like all writers to adhere to.
The exception that comes to mind is favorite color easter egg, but even then, the government taking the issue far more seriously than it realistically would have was deliberately part of the joke, and the issue wouldn't have been as funny without that line.

Sanctaria wrote:That said, family life issues genuinely are items that make their way to the desks of the nation's leader. More so prevalent in today's non-stop media cycle world, but even 10/15 years ago - just watch The West Wing and you'll see CJ often telling President Bartlet the media or the public have questions about family or personal or trivial matters. One only need go back a little further to when Bush41 was asked questions about his not liking broccoli!
Even if it's something that tabloids and Fox News sensationalize to draw sales, I'd think serious political activists would know better.

I doubt political historians are going to be looking back and recognizing Bush's dislike of broccoli as a major turning point in US politics, the way that the passing of a controversial bill might be.

Leaders probably also spend a lot of time on administrativia that doesn't involve making any major decisions, but that doesn't make for interesting issues.

Sanctaria wrote:In term of the statue issue - we have an issue already dealing with the apotheosis of leader, I think that kind of covers the glorification aspect of things, and as such an issue about a statue isn't something I'd go for.
Well, a lot of leaders have had statues built of them without claiming to be gods.

It's not a hugely exciting subject, but I don't see anything seriously wrong with it. With a little polish (not necessarily the draft that was actually posted), I could see it as a decently interesting if not ground-breaking addition to the game. A statue in a public place, which is possibly a tourist attraction, has more to do with the public than @@LEADER@@'s family life. (Speaking of which, where's the "yes I have a family life shut up it's none of your business" option?)

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Sun May 31, 2015 10:14 am

We're still going to be putting family life/personal concerns relating to the Leader in-game as issues, if an editors believes the issue will work. Some people like them, some people don't.
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Sun May 31, 2015 12:11 pm

Golgothastan wrote:Anyway, about this issue: I know we tell players not to worry about stats, but in general terms, what is it that you think the options do? Reading the text, I don't really get a good sense of what the actual conflict is. There is no "bulldoze" stat in the game. So is it that you see it as destroying culture? As harming tourism? As improving pacifism and equality? I'm not asking you to code the stats for this issue - you can't - but just to think a bit more about what you're asking players to choose between.

I really don't like option #2 still. I know some issues reference foreign nations, but the main stats impact of this one seems to be on a foreign nation, which isn't something the game could do.

In all honesty I still don't really like this issue but I can't fault your enthusiasm.

Added the stats. Am wondering whether godlessness maybe might be appropriate to add.

Edited option 2 to be about the survivor instead.

I'm always enthusiastic about the issues I write! Even the ones Got Issues? ignores and buries, alone and forgotten....

Um.... fascinating as the original draft of the statue issue was, and unpalatable as the children issue might be to some....well...

Trotterdam wrote: (Speaking of which, where's the "yes I have a family life shut up it's none of your business" option?)

.... I had in mind more an emphasis on population on that issue. The whole issue was, in a crystalized form ''should we be having more kids, and will you be leading by example here?'' That's just my justification for it. What else can I say? I honestly never expected it to be implemented ( since nobody acknowledged it in the Got Issues? forum at the time...).

Anyway,

The issue at hand is one about the fate of uncomfortable historical sites, a debate that has actually been explored before.

..........................................................................................

Is there anything else to be said for the draft at hand?

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sun May 31, 2015 3:58 pm

Punctuation fixing so the editors don't have to:
[option] ''We cannot break with the past until this stain is destroyed," argues sincere campaigner @@RANDOMNAME@@. ''Terror Hill, as it is, simply reminds us of the very worst parts of our history. We cannot continue as a modern society without decisively showing that we have literally taken a bulldozer to our sins.''
[effect] the @@CAPITAL@@ Terror Hill is being wholesale removed.
[stats] Happiness increases, Tourism decreases, Culture decreases very slightly, Pacifism decreases, Environment increases significantly

[option] ''I think the filth on Terror Hill needs to stay around, at least while I live',' reckons 115 year old @@RANDOMNAME@@, a surviving victim of the atrocities that occurred there. "But once I die... how can anyone truly feel what happened there? How will anybody be able to come there and sincerely vow for it to never again? Terror Hill should just be left alone, with nature taking it down in a beautifully symbolic move showing how society has atoned for those crimes."
[effect] nature is being left to take its course on the @@CAPITAL@@ Terror Hill.
[stats] Happiness decreases very slightly, Tourism decreases slightly, Environment increases

[option] A mysterious man in a dark trench coat has a different idea.''Between you and me, we should... reopen the camp on Terror Hill. Lots of... opposition types might like to go there... you understand.'' He glances at your face and then, aghast, says, ''@@LEADER@@, what are you thinking...? Are you...? NO, I'm advocating reopening it to TOURISTS! We should open the camp to the public and own up to our horrific past! My goodness leader, what did you think I was saying?!''
[effect] the number one tourist attraction in the nation is also the one it is least proud of.
[stats] Happiness decreases, Tourism increases significantly, Pacifism increases, Culture increases, Environment decreases slightly,
Last edited by Kaboomlandia on Sun May 31, 2015 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Sun May 31, 2015 4:34 pm

Sanctaria wrote:We're still going to be putting family life/personal concerns relating to the Leader in-game as issues, if an editors believes the issue will work. Some people like them, some people don't.

I like them, but unfortunately I don't think I would be eligible for them, as I decided against having one in the Leader issue :( Oh well, can't have everything.
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Maroza
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Maroza » Sun May 31, 2015 6:16 pm

I love how number 3 at first seems like he's advocating something very different.
Current level 5: Peacetime
Find a Helmet
Put on a Helmet

Find me someone who does not support the revolutionary sciences and the technology of peace and they will be shot as traitors to the revolution.~Aethrys
The disease first struck a wealthy nation with low population density, an adequate health care system and naturally declining population.

Golgothastan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Golgothastan » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:16 am

Shouldn't there be a reasonable option, like opening a memorial garden?

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:48 am

Golgothastan wrote:Shouldn't there be a reasonable option, like opening a memorial garden?

Added this option.

Anything else?

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:32 am

Annihilators of Chan Island wrote:
Golgothastan wrote:Shouldn't there be a reasonable option, like opening a memorial garden?

Added this option.

Anything else?

The second option seems like the most reasonable option now...
Also, no really "evil" option?
Last edited by Jute on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:30 am

Jute wrote:
Annihilators of Chan Island wrote:
Added this option.

Anything else?

The second option seems like the most reasonable option now...
Also, now really "evil" option?

Unfortunately, i'm reluctant to actually have an ''evil'' option here. If everyone else here want one, then I'll certainly put one in but it would somewhat spoil the point.

Anything else?
Last edited by Annihilators of Chan Island on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?