NATION

PASSWORD

Economic Collapse Looms! (needs more options)

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Corvermell
Civilian

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Economic Collapse Looms! (needs more options)

Postby Corvermell » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:22 pm

Big business, fed up with over-regulation in Corvermell, are heading offshore in ever-increasing numbers.

The Debate

"Good riddance!" says noted environmentalist Doris Song. "Sniff that air! It's never been so clean! At last, our society is freeing itself from the consumer death-trap! I say it's time to take the final step and outlaw capitalism once and for all!"

Accept

"This is a catastrophe waiting to happen," says the Chamber of Commerce. "Think of the consequences! Without big business, where do the jobs come from? Where do we get our medicine? Our cars? Our latest fashions? There are dozens of useless regulations the government could abolish today to make life easier for commerce, and it's high time they did."

hear me out. right now, there's two options for this issue:

- completely reject big business and go full communism
- destroy regulation so big business comes back

this seems much too narrow-minded, and it completely ignores the very common and perfectly sensible (and perfectly capable of disaster) solution of attempting to encourage small business instead.

that's the only reason for this thread. I want this issue to have a third option of encouraging small businesses, like a cold-blooded democrat. or something.
thank you.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:24 pm

You can't just edit the issue on the spot. You could submit a draft that has the third option. I don't completely understand what you're trying to do.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Havenburgh
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Havenburgh » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:26 pm

He see's the two options as too extreme. He doesnt want to go communism, or libertarianism. He wants a more centrist, liberal option to pick. One with a moderate choice. A third option where he can keep the business by taking some regulations away, or lowering taxes, or encouraging small businesses.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:35 pm

It's a Max issue so adding to it really isn't an option.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:36 pm

Luna Amore wrote:It's a Max issue so adding to it really isn't an option.

Theoretically, if it wasn't a Max issue, could the mods add to it, or any other non-Max issue?
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:40 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Luna Amore wrote:It's a Max issue so adding to it really isn't an option.

Theoretically, if it wasn't a Max issue, could the mods add to it, or any other non-Max issue?

We can add or take away from any issue if we need to. But traditionally we avoid editing/rewriting the Max issues.
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:00 pm

Sanctaria wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:Theoretically, if it wasn't a Max issue, could the mods add to it, or any other non-Max issue?

We can add or take away from any issue if we need to. But traditionally we avoid editing/rewriting the Max issues.

Makes sense that you avoid touching the Max issues.
Co-Author of SC #204

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:33 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Sanctaria wrote:We can add or take away from any issue if we need to. But traditionally we avoid editing/rewriting the Max issues.

Makes sense that you avoid touching the Max issues.

Don't want to end up like poor Sirocco. Everyone thinks he retired. In reality he just edited one of Max's issues. Let's just say there are some things worse than becoming DoS.
Last edited by Luna Amore on Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eaischpnaeieacgkque Bhcieaghpodsttditf
Minister

Founded: Nov 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Eaischpnaeieacgkque Bhcieaghpodsttditf » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:31 pm

Luna Amore wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:Makes sense that you avoid touching the Max issues.

Don't want to end up like poor Sirocco. Everyone thinks he retired. In reality he just edited one of Max's issues. Let's just say there are some things worse than becoming DoS.

Wait a minute, so Sirocco got deleted by Max? That's scary.

I support insanely high tax rates, do you?
This is Bunny:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
☻/This is Bob, copy& paste him in
/▌ your sig so Bob can take over the
/ \ world
10 - Completly Peaceful.
9 - Peaceful.
8 - Mostly Peaceful.
7 - Small Scale Crime.
6 - Major Crime.
5 - Terrorist Acts.
4 - Small Scale War.
3 - Moderatly Problematic War.
2 - Full-Scale Conflict.
1 - Nuclear War.
0 - Apocalypse.

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:18 am

Luna Amore wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:Makes sense that you avoid touching the Max issues.

You big shit-stirrer :p
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:33 am

Sanctaria wrote:
Luna Amore wrote:Don't want to end up like poor Sirocco. Everyone thinks he retired. In reality he just edited one of Max's issues. Let's just say there are some things worse than becoming DoS.

You big shit-stirrer :p

Shh. I'm bored. I want to start rumors. :D
Last edited by Luna Amore on Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?