NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Religious Holiday Gifts a Tax Deduction?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Chinstralia
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Religious Holiday Gifts a Tax Deduction?

Postby Chinstralia » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:38 am

Name: Religious Holiday Gifts a Tax Deduction

Description: The controversial Keyhaul XP Pipeline Project only needs your signature of approval before construction can begin, but months of protests by concerned First Nations groups have brought the project before one final debate.

Validity: Valid for all nations

After CEO's of several @@MAJORINDUSTRY@@ companies declared that participants in their mandatory secret holiday gift giving ceremony should keep the receipts for tax purposes, a delegation has beat its way to your door to demand answers.

[option]"Of course they should be tax deductible," says @@RANDOMNAME@@, a CEO of a @@MAJORINDUSTRY@@ company. "This is a legitimate business expense for my employees and I see no reason why this should be accounted for by the government. Sure, it might mean a few more bureaucrats and accountants that need to go through the receipts, but it's a mild cost for proper accounting and auditing.
[effect] people have been receiving sports card and gold bars as presents
[stats] government size increases, tax decreases, economy increases, happiness increases

[option]"This is an outrage" shouts @@RANDOMNAME@@, @@NAME@@'s Treasurer. "This would cost the government an absolute fortune. Companies would buy incredibly expensive presents for their staff to reduce their tax burden!! If anything, we should increase the taxes on these gifts, and in fact any gifts for corporate use.
[effect] company employees spend their lunch breaks making coupons for each other around major @@FAITH@@ holidays
[stats] government size increases, tax increases, economy increases, happiness decreases

[option]"Why do we need to give gifts at all?" asks @@RANDOMNAME@@, a devout poverty-stricken atheist. I can't afford to give presents to anybody and I don't follow @@FAITH@@ or any other religion. Why not ban the giving of religious gifts altogether so I can eat and spread my message of non-religious following?
[effect] priests suggest followers provide non optional socially conventional philathropic bounties
[stats] religion & spirituality decreases, happiness decreases

[option]"If no gifts are given, the gods shall SMITE YE!!" yells @@RANDOMNAME@@, screams some beardy bloke who turns out to be the leader of @@FAITH@@. "It is essential that the gods are satsified by the provision of gifts. In fact, not enough gifts are provided in our houses of worship, and the gods have spoken. They demand human sacrifices, basted in @@ANIMAL@@ blood and affixed to an effigy of our god made of @@CURRENCY@@! Do it now!!
[effect] humans are regularly sacrificed and the number of @@ANIMAL@@ are dropping around @@FAITH@@ holidays
[stats] economy decreases, happiness decreases, religion & spirituality increases

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:33 am

Why is your description identical to this player's draft? It's fine to 'borrow' somebody else's post for formatting assistance, but you've got to proofread before you post. Get your own content posted, and do it quickly. Plagiarising is just rude.

Chinstralia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinstralia » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:25 pm

It was for formatting assistance, and not with the intention of plagiarism.

This is what happens when you're trying to do multiple things at once.

I'm on it.

Chinstralia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinstralia » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:30 pm

Name: Religious Holiday Gifts a Tax Deduction

Description: After CEO's of several @@MAJORINDUSTRY@@ companies declared that participants in their mandatory secret holiday gift giving ceremony should keep the receipts for tax purposes, a delegation has beat its way to your door to demand answers.

Validity: Valid for all nations that still have a religion

[option]"Of course they should be tax deductible," says @@RANDOMNAME@@, a CEO of a @@MAJORINDUSTRY@@ company. "This is a legitimate business expense for my employees and I see no reason why this should be accounted for by the government. Sure, it might mean a few more bureaucrats and accountants that need to go through the receipts, but it's a mild cost for proper accounting and auditing.
[effect] people have been receiving sports card and gold bars as presents

[option]"This is an outrage" shouts @@RANDOMNAME@@, @@NAME@@'s Treasurer. "This would cost the government an absolute fortune. Companies would buy incredibly expensive presents for their staff to reduce their tax burden!! If anything, we should increase the taxes on these gifts, and in fact any gifts for corporate use.
[effect] company employees spend their lunch breaks making coupons for each other around major @@FAITH@@ holidays

[option]"Why do we need to give gifts at all?" asks @@RANDOMNAME@@, a devout poverty-stricken atheist. I can't afford to give presents to anybody and I don't follow @@FAITH@@ or any other religion. Why not ban the giving of religious gifts altogether so I can eat and spread my message of non-religious following?
[effect] priests suggest followers provide non optional socially conventional philathropic bounties

[option]"If no gifts are given, the gods shall SMITE YE!!" yells @@RANDOMNAME@@, screams some beardy bloke who turns out to be the leader of @@FAITH@@. "It is essential that the gods are satsified by the provision of gifts. In fact, not enough gifts are provided in our houses of worship, and the gods have spoken. They demand human sacrifices, basted in @@ANIMAL@@ blood and affixed to an effigy of our god made of @@CURRENCY@@! Do it now!!
[effect] humans are regularly sacrificed and the number of @@ANIMAL@@ are dropping around @@FAITH@@ holidays

[option]"You know, you could always get rid of religion altogether" muses @@RANDOMNAME@@, your second cousin twice removed (at least once by force after an ugly alteraction with a flamingo at a state event). "People can find their own ways of worship without a 'god' apparently taking attendance once a week. It might annoy a few priests and so on, but that's got to be worth it for a sleep in on a Sunday, right?
[effect] bacon sales on weekends sky-rocket as religion is banned across @@NATION@@

Return to Got Issues?