NATION

PASSWORD

Same issues again and again

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Varovanjov
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Same issues again and again

Postby Varovanjov » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:59 am

I've had my nation for quite awhile now, and I enjoy the daily issues. At this point, I continuously obtain the same issues again and again, sometimes twice or thrice in a row. Why? How do I get new issues afforded to my nation?

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:00 am

Please read the FAQ.
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Varovanjov
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Varovanjov » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:07 am

What I don't understand is why an issue repeats itself. No one wants to see the same issue twice. It'd be an easy programming fix.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:59 am

Varovanjov wrote:It'd be an easy programming fix.

I've been playing the game for 10 years. In order to prevent duplication for me, that would require (2/day*365days*10years), or 7300 issues. We've got around 350 now. If you want to come up with the other 6,950 unique issue ideas that will resolve this "easy programming fix", I suggest you start posting drafts here in this forum. Oh, and we'll be needing two more a day, every day, forever.

Have at it.

Enfaru
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:42 pm

I think the point is more about (and something I've noticed from time to time) I'll get the same issue three days in a row. Now I can appreciate getting the same issue next month or even next week, but the same issue twice in a week? o.O Seems a bit much.
Sovereign Charter Quick Links
Factbook · Role-plays · RMB · Map (Origin | Quantum) · Chat · Members: 73
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
Founder of the Sovereign Charter,
4th President and,
Tutor of the College of Theatrics

Varovanjov
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Varovanjov » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:33 am

Enfaru wrote:I think the point is more about (and something I've noticed from time to time) I'll get the same issue three days in a row. Now I can appreciate getting the same issue next month or even next week, but the same issue twice in a week? o.O Seems a bit much.

Exactly.

Panageadom
Ambassador

Founded: May 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Panageadom » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:19 am

Enfaru wrote:I think the point is more about (and something I've noticed from time to time) I'll get the same issue three days in a row. Now I can appreciate getting the same issue next month or even next week, but the same issue twice in a week? o.O Seems a bit much.

Could this be a consequence of Lenyo's previous observation that there are a smaller number of valid issues for Leftist nations? I've never really noticed this.
Author of Issues:
#273: Is our children learning?
#310: Too Little Talk?
#315: Creative Flowers Withering Under Legislation
#324 "Tourism Tanking" Tells Tabloids
#334: Blot Out Bauhaus
#340: Defending Patent Pending
#365: A Busload of Worry

None at present

If I offer criticism on your proposed issue, I will often write in red: don't think I'm being aggressive, it's just a convention I use!
If I ask a question on a proposed issue thread, then it's because I feel it's one you need to ask of your issue: I'm being Socratic and/or lazy.

Supreme Court Chief Justice for Capitalist Paradise

Enfaru
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:35 pm

I could be that we've just had a run of bad luck and that random this time means that lightning has struck three times or so. As is quite possible in True Random. However True Random also means that you can have the same issue infinitely...which ruins game play.

But even if there were only 50 issues for leftist nations, you still shouldn't be getting the same issue days in a row... >.>;;
Sovereign Charter Quick Links
Factbook · Role-plays · RMB · Map (Origin | Quantum) · Chat · Members: 73
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
Founder of the Sovereign Charter,
4th President and,
Tutor of the College of Theatrics

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?