NATION

PASSWORD

HELP:We Who Are About To Die Would Rather Go Home

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Westgard
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

HELP:We Who Are About To Die Would Rather Go Home

Postby Westgard » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:49 pm

An old supporter of yours has recently passed on, leaving a quite sizeable plot of land to you in his will - but only under a rather unusual condition: that the site be developed into a colosseum for hosting gladiatorial fights and other bloody spectacles.
The Debate

1. "Yes, yes!" cries Tobias Dubois, waving a wooden sword enthusiastically. "You've gotta do this, man! Gladiator fights are like the ultimate in spectator sports! And it doesn't just have to be people! We could pit man against Red Falcon! Blade against claw! Nothing to their names but their wits and their stamina! You'd have to pay people a lot to risk their lives doing this but I bet you'd earn a whole lot more from merchandise and wagers and stuff!"

2. "That's just sick," says Stan Silk, president of the Kill Violence Now Association. "I don't believe you'd find anyone willing to watch actual people tearing each other apart. It's savage and horrible! It's even worse than boxing! Violent sports should be outlawed for the sake of this country's moral integrity. I'm sorry, I've got to go - I'm ashamed you're even considering this."

3. "Actually, we could use this to our advantage," whispers Chief of Police, Virginia Smith. "Why not just force convicted criminals to fight for the amusement of the public? They'll be paying for their crimes, contributing to society, and totally freeing us of having to build jails to throw their useless hides in!"

Does anyone know what these issues cause? I'm thinking of doing 1 or 3 specifically, but not sure of the effects.
I am a Libertarian and Monarchist.
Constitutional monarchy with parliament's representatives chosen by lottery. By removing elections and allowing average folk into government, it both creates a government truly "of the people" and removes the headache of political bickering from daily life. Libertarians by nature, do not run for election because they don't want power or to legislate on other people's lives. Only a lottery could produce a government "of the people" and not of the power elite. Elections can never achieve this.

"If the Allies at the peace table at Versailles had allowed a Hohenzollern, a Wittelsbach and a Habsburg to return to their thrones, there would have been no Hitler.”

- Winston Churchill, 26th April 1946.

Westgard
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Westgard » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:32 pm

Nobody gotten this issue before or know the effects?
Constitutional monarchy with parliament's representatives chosen by lottery. By removing elections and allowing average folk into government, it both creates a government truly "of the people" and removes the headache of political bickering from daily life. Libertarians by nature, do not run for election because they don't want power or to legislate on other people's lives. Only a lottery could produce a government "of the people" and not of the power elite. Elections can never achieve this.

"If the Allies at the peace table at Versailles had allowed a Hohenzollern, a Wittelsbach and a Habsburg to return to their thrones, there would have been no Hitler.”

Perrytopia
Secretary

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Perrytopia » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:17 pm

Westgard wrote:Nobody gotten this issue before or know the effects?

I went with 1, and it rose civil rights by 1%, I believe. The description is something along the lines of "In @@NAME@@, A sport isn't considered a sport unless there are decapitations" I hope this helps 8)
Nothing to see here, folks. Please move along...
What's up with all these folks nowadays making nations that don't use NS stats? It's always "Multiversal Soul-Snatchers" this or "Tier Infinity Poly-Galactic Mercs" that. I mean, stats are the whole point, right? You know, the thing that makes this different from your run-of-the-mill role-playing forum? Yeah, they're flawed, but its the ridiculousness that makes this game absolutely FANTASTIC
And copying taking creative liberties with Warhammer 40K or Eldritch nonsense doesn't make you as unique as you think...

Remember to enjoy your stay, and please don't feed the wildlife.

Westgard
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Westgard » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:26 pm

Perrytopia wrote:
Westgard wrote:Nobody gotten this issue before or know the effects?

I went with 1, and it rose civil rights by 1%, I believe. The description is something along the lines of "In @@NAME@@, A sport isn't considered a sport unless there are decapitations" I hope this helps 8)

Yea it does thanks. I wouldn't have thought "allowing" people to participate in fights to the death would count as a civil right, haha, since this site tends to view leftist issues like equality as "civil rights" usually. I'm tempted by option 3, but I can't resist a boost to civil rights.

Perrytopia
Secretary

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Perrytopia » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:53 am

Westgard wrote:
Perrytopia wrote:I went with 1, and it rose civil rights by 1%, I believe. The description is something along the lines of "In @@NAME@@, A sport isn't considered a sport unless there are decapitations" I hope this helps 8)

Yea it does thanks. I wouldn't have thought "allowing" people to participate in fights to the death would count as a civil right, haha, since this site tends to view leftist issues like equality as "civil rights" usually. I'm tempted by option 3, but I can't resist a boost to civil rights.

Aparently the boost in civil rights comes from the fact that your nation isn't forcing people to participate, and that these battles allows your citizens to have a greater degree of control over their own lives ( and make an large amount of cash to boot :rofl: )
Nothing to see here, folks. Please move along...
What's up with all these folks nowadays making nations that don't use NS stats? It's always "Multiversal Soul-Snatchers" this or "Tier Infinity Poly-Galactic Mercs" that. I mean, stats are the whole point, right? You know, the thing that makes this different from your run-of-the-mill role-playing forum? Yeah, they're flawed, but its the ridiculousness that makes this game absolutely FANTASTIC
And copying taking creative liberties with Warhammer 40K or Eldritch nonsense doesn't make you as unique as you think...

Remember to enjoy your stay, and please don't feed the wildlife.

Return to Got Issues?