NATION

PASSWORD

[Submitted] Nowhere to go!

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Nova Sodor
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

[Submitted] Nowhere to go!

Postby Nova Sodor » Sun May 22, 2016 4:43 am

Guys,

This is my second attempt at drafting an issue - any thoughts - for or against (so long as they're constructive!) would be appreciated.

Thanks all!

Title

No where to go!

Description

A number of citizens concerned about the lack of Water Closets in rural @@NAME@@ have kicked up such a stink that you've agreed to meet the various groups at your convenience.

Validity

Open to all

Options

[Option] "I can't hold it in any longer" yells @@RANDOMNAME@@, Bathroom Organisers Group member. "The need for more free public conveniences in @@NAME@@ is obvious. We demand the Government roll out a program of construction before the lack of them causes a stain on our good nation."

[Effect] There are more public conveniences than roadside cafes in rural @@NAME@@

[Stats]Tax increases significantly, charmlessness decreases slightly, welfare increases moderately.

[Option] "Yes there is a need for more public facilities is but that is such a bog standard solution and would generate so much paperwork" says @@RANDOMNAME@@, CEO of @@NAME's@@ largest plumbing contractor. "Turn the contract over to us and we'll give @@NAME@@ the fanciest conveniences in the @@REGION@@. I admit it'll cause the taxpayer to spend a penny or two but they'll feel flushed with success when they see what they get in return.

[Effect] Public conveniences in @@NAME@@ are commonly possessed of gold plated fixtures and fittings.

[Stats] Tax decreases slightly, Tourism increases slightly, safety increases slightly.

[Option] "I have another solution" cries @@RANDOMNAME@@, Chief Wild Person of @@NAME@@'s Wild Evangelical Extremists as they take a stool by your desk. "I suggest you wash your hands of the matter by closing what facilities there are and allow citizens to get back to basics by making it legal for any of us to use the nearest bush." A twig that you hadn't previously noticed falls from their hair.

[Effect] An extraordinary number of bushes in @@NAME@@ appear to be thriving better than ever.

[Stats]Primitiveness increases significantly, ideological radicality increases significantly, tax decreases moderately, eco-friendliness drops slightly, environmental beauty drops moderately, health decreases moderately
Last edited by Nova Sodor on Mon May 23, 2016 9:32 am, edited 7 times in total.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sun May 22, 2016 7:34 am

I honestly can't think of anything here that I'd change, or anything else to add...

8)
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Leppikania
Minister

Founded: Apr 13, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leppikania » Sun May 22, 2016 7:36 am

Bears Armed wrote:I honestly can't think of anything here that I'd change, or anything else to add...

8)

What about the capitalized tags and misused @@NAME@@ and @@CAPITAL@@ macros?
INTP, -4.25 Economic Left/Right, -4.1 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian, tastes like chicken.
I do use NS stats, thank you very much.
Funny Quotes
Pie charts for industries
Request an Embassy

Nova Sodor
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Sodor » Sun May 22, 2016 8:21 am

Leppikania wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:I honestly can't think of anything here that I'd change, or anything else to add...

8)

I've scanned back through my text and see that I've made one or two typos and missed out an @ symbol so thanks for making me re-read what I'd drafted.

I'm honestly not sure what you mean about misusing the tags though - I honestly thought that I'd followed the guides - can you elaborate on what you're seeing I've done wrong?

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sun May 22, 2016 8:23 am

Looking again, I think that maybeso it should be just @@CAPITAL@@, rather than @@CAPITAL CITY@@ as you're currently using.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Leppikania
Minister

Founded: Apr 13, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leppikania » Sun May 22, 2016 8:54 am

Bingo. In addition, the "'s" should be placed outside the @@NAME@@ macro.
INTP, -4.25 Economic Left/Right, -4.1 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian, tastes like chicken.
I do use NS stats, thank you very much.
Funny Quotes
Pie charts for industries
Request an Embassy

Nova Sodor
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Sodor » Sun May 22, 2016 10:16 am

Okay - cheers guys - I appreciate this.

As I say it is only my second attempt :-)

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Sun May 22, 2016 12:32 pm

You've mispelt randomname still on one macro.

Nice acronyms, by the way.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Sciongrad
Minister

Founded: Mar 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sciongrad » Sun May 22, 2016 12:49 pm

You spelled "greed" instead of "agreed." You've also left out a quotation mark in the first option.

Nice job, though!
Natalia Santos, Plenipotentiary and Permanent Scionite Representative to the World Assembly

Ideological Bulwark #271

Nova Sodor
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Sodor » Sun May 22, 2016 2:23 pm

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:You've mispelt randomname still on one macro.

Nice acronyms, by the way.

Thanks for that - (hopefully) all changes now put through.

Nova Sodor
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Sodor » Sun May 22, 2016 2:24 pm

Leppikania wrote:

8)

Thanks for the insights - I think I'm more creative than I am technical!

Trive 38
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 17, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Trive 38 » Sun May 22, 2016 7:41 pm

better than my proposals 38/38
Communism, The Greatest Joke of the 20th Century

Nation does not represent RL political beliefs.
Proud libertarian. All peoples of the world deserve liberty.
English teacher and part-time musician.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun May 22, 2016 8:23 pm

I would add the word "free" in the first option
Also, major cities would have public toilets. The bigger issue would be rural areas and highways
I would something about safety in the second option
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sun May 22, 2016 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Nova Sodor
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Sodor » Sun May 22, 2016 9:56 pm

Australian Republic wrote:I would add the word "free" in the first option
Also, major cities would have public toilets. The bigger issue would be rural areas and highways
I would something about safety in the second option

Some good shouts - I'll have a think and see the best way to include these thoughts - thank you.
Last edited by Nova Sodor on Sun May 22, 2016 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon May 23, 2016 12:35 am

Can I sugggest a better title? Free the pee
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon May 23, 2016 1:42 am

Funny, but not as funny as the original title.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Gnejs
Issues Editor

Founded: May 11, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gnejs » Mon May 23, 2016 3:04 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Funny, but not as funny as the original title.

Agreed.

Nova Sodor
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Sodor » Mon May 23, 2016 9:33 am

Thanks all for your help and suggestions guys - I've now submitted this but really appreciate the time that you all took to reply.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue May 24, 2016 5:22 am

It's a bit early to submit. When I do an issue, I often ask if it's ready to be submitted and get at least three opinions before I do. Good luck though!

Arridian Islands
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Arridian Islands » Tue May 24, 2016 10:29 am

[Option] "I have another solution" cries @@RANDOMNAME@@, Chief Wild Person of @@NAME@@'s Wild Evangelical Extremists as they take a stool by your desk. "I suggest you wash your hands of the matter by closing what facilities there are and allow citizens to get back to basics by making it legal for any of us to use the nearest bush." A twig that you hadn't previously noticed falls from their hair.

[Effect] An extraordinary number of bushes in @@NAME@@ appear to be thriving better than ever.

Urine has salt in it, and would generally kill plants.
If you want to contact me on my views or anything else, telegram me or add me on skype, my username is akyrathewolf.
I have 0 active alts now. RIP
My personal views:
Pro: nationalism, social democracy, environmentalism, freedom, gun rights, LGBT rights, language preservation/ language revival, Native American interests, atheism

Anti: Any extremism, Islam, feminism, SJWs, violent protesters, racial supremacy, laissez-faire, Democrats and Republicans (USA), BLM, interventionism

Proticata
Envoy

Founded: Dec 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Proticata » Tue May 24, 2016 1:41 pm

Arridian Islands wrote:

Urine has salt in it, and would generally kill plants.

Nitrates are salts

Nova Sodor
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Sodor » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:18 pm

It's been accepted and is now in play :-)

The City-State of Corinth
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The City-State of Corinth » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:26 pm

Nova Sodor wrote:It's been accepted and is now in play :-)

Congrats!
- From a puppet of an issue writer of 441 and 493
Last edited by The City-State of Corinth on Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nova Sodor
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Sodor » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:51 pm

The City-State of Corinth wrote:

Congrats!
- From a puppet of an issue writer of 441 and 493

Thank you - I'll definitely have another go.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:31 pm

Yeay!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?