NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Nuclear Detonations for the National Economy

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Atomic Utopia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Nuclear Detonations for the National Economy

Postby Atomic Utopia » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:37 am

While browsing the list of issues it seemed that a issue regardingPeaceful Nuclear Detonations was lacking. The Russian Nuclear explosions for the national economy and American Operation Plowshare.

Validity, Nations with military funding above 13% of total budget and nuclear capabilities (if tracked).

Name, Nuclear Detonations for the National Economy

Description, Scientists at [capital name] National Laboratory have written an highly controversial paper advocating the use of Peaceful Nuclear Explosions (PNEs) for earthmoving.

1. [random name], a scientist from [capital name] National Laboratory stands up to speak, We have been developing the concept for quite a while and while it may sound strange, PNEs are a practical means of moving tons of earth. Of course we will need permission to test these devices at select sites. And it may have a slight detrimental effect on peoples health, and the environmentalists will hate it, but it will be worth it.
Effects, PNE tests occur daily, much to the horror of the [nation name] Environmental Association. economy increaces, deaths from cancer increase, scientific advancement increases, environmental beauty decreaces

2. Are you insane! Shouts [random name], the head of the [nation name] Environmental Association over a microphone that seems to be louder than its size would suggest. Authorizing these tests would ruin the environment and give all of us cancer, look I have some really scary looking graphs to prove it. So stop these tests, and while you are at it dispose of our nuclear arsenal by shipping it to some small country for dismantling.
Effects, Nukes being sent to small countries for dismantling often dissapper and then reappear in the hands of tin pot dictatorships. environmental beauty increases, arms dealing increases, corruption increases, eco friendliness increases

3. Insane, I very well may be! However, I propose we do far more than a few silly tests. says Dr. Strangelove, your chief science advisor, We should construct nuclear bomb propelled starships, admittedly it will emit a few megacuries of radioactive material per launch, but you are exposed to radiation all the time. Plus, think of the great scientific benefits, and military benefits, orbital space battle-stations are the future.
effects, Nuclear bomb propelled spaceship launches can be seen from all across [nation name] Carrying scientific, and more often, military payloads. Scientific advancement increases greatly, cancer increases greatly, military funding increases greatly, economy slightly increaces

my first issue, please tell me what you think of it.
Last edited by Atomic Utopia on Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fabulously bisexual.
Note: I do not use NS stats for my RP, instead I use numbers I made up one evening when writing my factbooks.

sudo rm -rf /, the best file compression around.

Return to Got Issues?