NATION

PASSWORD

Question about tax rates and such.

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Waldgau-Lezsfeld
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Question about tax rates and such.

Postby Waldgau-Lezsfeld » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:15 pm

Good day to all who may read this.

I am in a quite curious mood, and as such I am pondering if it is possible to have a Nation with a tax rate under 20% and still have Very High Human Rights, Good Population Health, Low Authoritarianism and a Great Economy.

I am a newer player and so any feedback would be appreciated. My apologies if this scentence has been asked countless times or if I have somehow made a folly of myself by asking something that could be considered silly.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:18 pm

Wrong board. Moved from General :arrow: to Gameplay, which seems a better fit.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Waldgau-Lezsfeld
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Waldgau-Lezsfeld » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:19 pm

Kyrusia wrote:Wrong board. Moved from General :arrow: to Gameplay, which seems a better fit.

Sorry about that! Thank you so much.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:12 am

It is. The hardest part is getting the tax rate below 20%, since ns issues tend to make it creep upwards.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Khoronzon
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Khoronzon » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:43 pm

Aclion wrote:It is. The hardest part is getting the tax rate below 20%, since ns issues tend to make it creep upwards.

That satisfied 3 of OP's 4 criteria, but the health stat is extremely low.

To answer OP's question, it doesn't seem too complicated, you just need to give it time and keep your goal in mind when answering issues. I'd suggest trying to focus on health, since the other criteria fit together pretty naturally but seem to tend towards higher obesity rates and lower public healthcare spending.
Vʏʜʜ Xsʜʀ Xsʜʀɪɴ Tʜʀʜ
Leader
Figures
Culture
Regions
Military
World
The world is no longer as it once was, moulded beyond recognition by the hands of its coming masters. Humanity is faced with a simple choice: evolve, or die.

△▽△
[all lore is under reconstruction]
▽△▽
ooc: they/them/girl/boss - notorious wumao - blowfly creature
flag homies: the celestial shurayu republic and uij, checkem out they're v based
all rise for the national anthem

中国共产党万岁

Drongonia
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drongonia » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:47 pm

Waldgau-Lezsfeld wrote:Good day to all who may read this.

I am in a quite curious mood, and as such I am pondering if it is possible to have a Nation with a tax rate under 20% and still have Very High Human Rights, Good Population Health, Low Authoritarianism and a Great Economy.

I am a newer player and so any feedback would be appreciated. My apologies if this scentence has been asked countless times or if I have somehow made a folly of myself by asking something that could be considered silly.

Yes it is. However the strategy is to manage everything and have taxes high-ish (around 35% max) at first, then remove things like foreign aid and military spending gradually, and if you get the golden issue about "we have enough money for a tax cut" - take it. My nation generally sits at about 21 - 23% flat tax and has all the things you've described.
Last edited by Drongonia on Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Waldgau-Lezsfeld
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Waldgau-Lezsfeld » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:10 am

I’d like to thank you all for the replies!

Catsfern
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Catsfern » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:13 am

Of course its possible i'v been doing that for about a year.

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:25 am

I do have high civil rights (66, which is actually a couple of points below Anarchy rating), my health is top 5% in the world, my economy is great (GDP per capita top 5% in the world and top 10% for disposable) and very low authoritarianism. What I am missing is the 20% tax of which mine is 50%...
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Protar Smith
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Protar Smith » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:20 am

I am in a quite curious Vidmate mood, and as such I am pondering if it is possible Tutuapp to have a Nation with a tax rate under 20% and still have Very High Human Rights, Good Population Health, Low Authoritarianism and a Great Economy.

I am a newer player and so any feedback would be appreciated. My apologies Plex if this scentence has been asked countless times or if I have somehow made a folly of myself by asking something that could be considered silly.

Hi buddy,if you ask me and I speak on realistic ground it is really hard (kind of impossible) to bring under 20% and still have all that.

Regards,
Sere Smith
Last edited by Protar Smith on Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay