NATION

PASSWORD

Coalition Against the Ideology of Nazism

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Frattastan II
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 27, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan II » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:05 am

I am waiting for a reply like "We are not Nazi sympathisers, just white supremacists". :P
Rejected Realms Army High Commander
(So you've been ejected..., forum, news, RRA)
<@Guy> well done, fuckhead.
* @Guy claps for frattastan

ChicagoBoys
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby ChicagoBoys » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:37 am

Wordy wrote:
ChicagoBoys wrote:Deus Vult is not a Nazi region and as such will not be succumbing to the demands of the CAIN terrorist group. We will stand beside our friends in Kaiserreich, who are not Nazis either, and will not allow you lot of SJ terrorists to bully them either.

May your Axis of Evil, and blantent Europeian power play, die a quick and painful death

Interesting considering your movements.

43 minutes ago: ChicagoBoys's influence in Nazi Europa rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
43 minutes ago: ChicagoBoys was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme and Lowest Overall Tax Burden and the Top 10% for Highest Wealthy Incomes, Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector, and Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
104 minutes ago: ChicagoBoys lost WA Delegate status in Deus Vult.
106 minutes ago: Following new legislation in ChicagoBoys, university graduates and new home-owners toil in labour camps to work off their debts.
7 hours ago: ChicagoBoys relocated from Kingdom of Ireland to Nazi Europa.
8 hours ago: ChicagoBoys endorsed The Holy Empire of Entgeistert.
8 hours ago: ChicagoBoys endorsed The Colony of The Glorious Revolution.
8 hours ago: ChicagoBoys endorsed The Allied States of Shock Division 29.
8 hours ago: ChicagoBoys endorsed The Queendom of Starlily.
8 hours ago: ChicagoBoys endorsed The Love and Life of Shrekylvania.

Yes, we are quite aware of your pro-CAIN puppets launching a coup

LollerLand
Diplomat

Founded: May 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby LollerLand » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:46 am

ChicagoBoys wrote:
Wordy wrote:
Interesting considering your movements.

43 minutes ago: ChicagoBoys's influence in Nazi Europa rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
43 minutes ago: ChicagoBoys was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme and Lowest Overall Tax Burden and the Top 10% for Highest Wealthy Incomes, Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector, and Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
104 minutes ago: ChicagoBoys lost WA Delegate status in Deus Vult.
106 minutes ago: Following new legislation in ChicagoBoys, university graduates and new home-owners toil in labour camps to work off their debts.
7 hours ago: ChicagoBoys relocated from Kingdom of Ireland to Nazi Europa.
8 hours ago: ChicagoBoys endorsed The Holy Empire of Entgeistert.
8 hours ago: ChicagoBoys endorsed The Colony of The Glorious Revolution.
8 hours ago: ChicagoBoys endorsed The Allied States of Shock Division 29.
8 hours ago: ChicagoBoys endorsed The Queendom of Starlily.
8 hours ago: ChicagoBoys endorsed The Love and Life of Shrekylvania.

Wait what?
Loller Kingsmoreaux Corleone
WA Delegate, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Lord of Autumn of The Autumnal Court of Caer Sidi

The Forsworn Knights
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Forsworn Knights » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:47 am

Frattastan II wrote:I am waiting for a reply like "We are not Nazi sympathisers, just white supremacists". :P

Well, considering you guys are randomly TG'ing anyone who shares an embassy with any region you dont like and calling them Nazi sympathisers if they dont automatically cut ties simply because you said to, I imagine that is what they would say, yes.
Primary Author of The Forum Seven Guide to Location Threads
Reploid Productions wrote:It's rude to play with yourself in public.
Farnhamia wrote:
The Forsworn Knights wrote:Well, I assume Max Barry has money. So maybe he could buy a couple reporters.

He could but they don't keep for very long. A week, ten days if you keep them in the fridge, which is never convenient.
Reploid Productions wrote:Swearing is just fucking fine on this goddamn fucking forum
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.

Frattastan II
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 27, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan II » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:15 am

The Forsworn Knights wrote:
Frattastan II wrote:I am waiting for a reply like "We are not Nazi sympathisers, just white supremacists". :P

Well, considering you guys are randomly TG'ing anyone who shares an embassy with any region you dont like and calling them Nazi sympathisers if they dont automatically cut ties simply because you said to, I imagine that is what they would say, yes.
I am not affiliated with any CAIN member region, nor want to be. I don't speak in its name.

This doesn't me stop me from thinking that using something like "I believe that the Holocaust is a hoax, that blacks are racially inferior, etc. but I am not a Nazi. How could I be? I am not even German!" as your defense would be incredibly stupid, given that the Coalition doesn't seem directed specifically against historically-accurate reenactments of Nazism as it existed in 1920-40s Germany, but rather against groups that pursue a number of ideals associated with and/or inspired by Nazism.
Rejected Realms Army High Commander
(So you've been ejected..., forum, news, RRA)
<@Guy> well done, fuckhead.
* @Guy claps for frattastan

Brunhizzle
Envoy

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Brunhizzle » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:52 pm

The Forsworn Knights wrote:Well, considering you guys are randomly TG'ing anyone who shares an embassy with any region you dont like and calling them Nazi sympathisers if they dont automatically cut ties simply because you said to, I imagine that is what they would say, yes.

For what it's worth, the Coalition is calling them "Nazi Collaborators" rather than "Nazi Sympathizers" but I suppose the end goal is the same. We certainly couldn't just call them "Regions Who Work With Nazis."

As for slapping the label of Nazi Region onto regions we dislike, I'd say that's kind of far fetched. With a broad set of member regions, we have a lot of different ideologies, friends, and enemies among us. Some of our signatories even count each other as enemies. It'd be difficult to find regions that we all disliked if they fell outside of the bounds of Nazism.
Brunhilde

"I have three children and if I can raise just one of them to be more like Brunhilde and less like Sygian I'll consider myself a successful parent."
-Scardino

Cresenthia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cresenthia » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:16 pm

Brunhizzle wrote:
The Forsworn Knights wrote:Well, considering you guys are randomly TG'ing anyone who shares an embassy with any region you dont like and calling them Nazi sympathisers if they dont automatically cut ties simply because you said to, I imagine that is what they would say, yes.

For what it's worth, the Coalition is calling them "Nazi Collaborators" rather than "Nazi Sympathizers" but I suppose the end goal is the same. We certainly couldn't just call them "Regions Who Work With Nazis."

Either I'm overestimating you, or you know that the terms are equally derogatory and non-applicable in this blackmail you've been sending out.
Brunhizzle wrote:As for slapping the label of Nazi Region onto regions we dislike, I'd say that's kind of far fetched. With a broad set of member regions, we have a lot of different ideologies, friends, and enemies among us. Some of our signatories even count each other as enemies. It'd be difficult to find regions that we all disliked if they fell outside of the bounds of Nazism.

No, there really aren't many ideologies in CAIN. There are the purely R/D regions, the GCRs (which mostly fall into the other two categories), and the leftist regions. That's it.

Brunhizzle
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Brunhizzle » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:31 pm

Cresenthia wrote:Either I'm overestimating you, or you know that the terms are equally derogatory and non-applicable in this blackmail you've been sending out.

Or I just don't see a problem with calling them what they are. Working with someone makes you their collaborator, it's rather simple.

Cresenthia wrote:No, there really aren't many ideologies in CAIN. There are the purely R/D regions, the GCRs (which mostly fall into the other two categories), and the leftist regions. That's it.

I count quite a few Monarchies, a couple of Imperialists, a large helping of moderate Republics, a military organization, two or three leftists, and even an oligarchy. I guess standing opposed to regions that have Nazi tendencies is all it takes to be a leftist region. Who would have thought?
Brunhilde

"I have three children and if I can raise just one of them to be more like Brunhilde and less like Sygian I'll consider myself a successful parent."
-Scardino

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:33 pm

Brunhizzle wrote:
Cresenthia wrote:Either I'm overestimating you, or you know that the terms are equally derogatory and non-applicable in this blackmail you've been sending out.

Or I just don't see a problem with calling them what they are. Working with someone makes you their collaborator, it's rather simple.

Holding embassies =/= working with
See You Space Cowboy...

Cresenthia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresenthia » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:35 pm

Brunhizzle wrote:

And having an embassy with someone means that their working together. Yeah, it totally makes the most sense of anything in the world. I can't believe I've been missing this the whole time.

(If you couldn't tell, that was sarcasm.)
Brunhizzle wrote:
Cresenthia wrote:No, there really aren't many ideologies in CAIN. There are the purely R/D regions, the GCRs (which mostly fall into the other two categories), and the leftist regions. That's it.

I count quite a few Monarchies, a couple of Imperialists, a large helping of moderate Republics, a military organization, two or three leftists, and even an oligarchy. I guess standing opposed to regions that have Nazi tendencies is all it takes to be a leftist region. Who would have thought?

You're speaking of government structures. I'm speaking about actual regional ideologies.

Brunhizzle
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Brunhizzle » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:40 pm

Drasnia wrote:
Brunhizzle wrote:

Holding embassies =/= working with

Perhaps, in your opinion, but in the view of the Coalition embassies constitute cooperation and cooperation constitutes collaboration. If a region does not look at an embassy as an indication of their cooperation with another region, they should have no issue in closing that embassy.

While I cannot speak for how the signatories will vote, and thus cannot determine who will or will not be removed, I can say that the final list of Nazi Collaborators will be reviewed and it is likely like regions like The Embassy and The Bar on Every Corner's presence on the list will be voted on due to the nature of their particular regions.
Brunhilde

-Scardino

Cresenthia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresenthia » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:52 pm

Brunhizzle wrote:While I cannot speak for how the signatories will vote, and thus cannot determine who will or will not be removed, I can say that the final list of Nazi Collaborators will be reviewed and it is likely like regions like The Embassy and The Bar on Every Corner's presence on the list will be voted on due to the nature of their particular regions.

No, not really. The fact that "Nazi Collaborator" regions can be added easily, by design, while it takes a three-fourths majority to remove, strongly indicates that this is really just a witch-hunt against the non-leftists of NationStates. Some of the extremist regions will vote to keep everyone on the list, and they probably will be able to succeed at this. The few Communist regions will be able to rubberstamp anything they want. Usually when people claim things are a commie plot, then they're crackpots or otherwise incapable. But you and Caelapes have more or less openly declared that this is a plot against all ideologies except your own. To which I suggest a change of name, from "Coalition Against the Ideology of Nazism," to "Coalition Against Ideologies Not ours."

Brunhizzle
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Brunhizzle » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:56 pm

Cresenthia wrote:You're speaking of government structures. I'm speaking about actual regional ideologies.

To call a region like the Land of Kings and Emperors, or many of our signatories, "leftist" or simply a "R/D Region" is ridiculous. They, like most of the signatories, are not defined by this participation in gameplay as their participation is merely an extension of their regional government.

No, not really. The fact that "Nazi Collaborator" regions can be added automatically, while it takes a three-fourths majority to remove, strongly indicates that this is really just a witch-hunt against the non-leftists of NationStates. Some of the extremist regions will vote to keep everyone on the list, and they probably will be able to succeed at this.

It would take 7 of the 24 votes to keep a region from being removed. If you mean actual leftist regions by "extremist regions" then there are only 3 "extremist" regions among our signatories. They'd still require 4 extra votes to get a region's appeal denied.
Brunhilde

-Scardino

Cresenthia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresenthia » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:03 pm

Brunhizzle wrote:It would take 7 of the 24 votes to keep a region from being removed. If you mean actual leftist regions by "extremist regions" then there are only 3 "extremist" regions among our signatories. They'd still require 4 extra votes to get a region's appeal denied.

So, you're referring to:

Taijitu announces right on their WFE that theirs is a revolutionary region, so that brings us to four. Osiris and your home region of Europeia will probably rubberstamp anything giving them the opportunity for military action, bringing us to six. Add one of the Pacific regions, and blam! you've unfairly marked another region as a Nazi Collaborator.

Zhopgrad
Envoy

Founded: Nov 07, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zhopgrad » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:10 pm

Let's kill all the Nazis! Lemme at em! I already nuked A nation whole stole my citizens! Let's do some carpet bombing!
Welcome to Zhopgrad! A great Worker's paradise! I proudly use NS stats, even though they might be as OP as Russian Bias.
Factbook - National Anthem (Bit outdated now) - TSAR WARS

News: Sergei Petrov has been assassinated, Zhopgrad is now going through a process of liberalization.

Jumalariik
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jumalariik » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:12 pm

Who would I speak to for diplomatic talks with CAIN?
Varemeist tõuseb kättemaks! Eesti on Hiiumaast Petserini!
Pray for a new spiritual crusade against the left!-Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium
For: A Christian West, Tradition, Pepe, Catholicism, St. Thomas Aquinas, the rosary, warm cider, ramen noodles, kbac, Latin, Gavin McInnes, Pro-Life, kebabs, stability, Opus Dei
Against: the left wing, the Englightenment, Black Lives Matter, Islam, homosexual/transgender agenda, cultural marxism

Boycott Coke, drink Fanta

Caelapes
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Caelapes » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:48 pm

Cresenthia wrote:
Brunhizzle wrote:It would take 7 of the 24 votes to keep a region from being removed. If you mean actual leftist regions by "extremist regions" then there are only 3 "extremist" regions among our signatories. They'd still require 4 extra votes to get a region's appeal denied.

So, you're referring to:

Taijitu announces right on their WFE that theirs is a revolutionary region, so that brings us to four. Osiris and your home region of Europeia will probably rubberstamp anything giving them the opportunity for military action, bringing us to six. Add one of the Pacific regions, and blam! you've unfairly marked another region as a Nazi Collaborator.

The Communist Bloc, in NationStates Gameplay terms, has historically been raider-aligned, not leftist-aligned. TI and TRF are the only hardline leftist GP regions on the CAIN signatory list.

Jumalariik wrote:Who would I speak to for diplomatic talks with CAIN?

Brunhizzle.

The Rose Commune of Caelapes
Ego vero custos fratris mei sum.
aka Misley

Cresenthia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresenthia » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:50 pm

Caelapes wrote:
Cresenthia wrote:So, you're referring to:

The Communist Bloc, in NationStates Gameplay terms, has historically been raider-aligned, not leftist-aligned. TI and TRF are the only hardline leftist GP regions on the CAIN signatory list.

I'm sure that they'd still vote to keep a region on any blacklist.

Canton Empire
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:12 pm

Cresenthia wrote:
Caelapes wrote:The Communist Bloc, in NationStates Gameplay terms, has historically been raider-aligned, not leftist-aligned. TI and TRF are the only hardline leftist GP regions on the CAIN signatory list.

I'm sure that they'd still vote to keep a region on any blacklist.

I'd belive that.
President of the Republic of Saint Osmund
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

Brunhizzle
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Brunhizzle » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:27 pm

Zhopgrad wrote:Let's kill all the Nazis! Lemme at em! I already nuked A nation whole stole my citizens! Let's do some carpet bombing!

Please don't use such inflammatory language. While CAIN is committed to fighting Nazism, we seek to do so through gameplay opposition and not through threats on their lives.
Brunhilde

-Scardino

Caelapes
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Caelapes » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:52 pm

Brunhizzle wrote:
Zhopgrad wrote:Let's kill all the Nazis! Lemme at em! I already nuked A nation whole stole my citizens! Let's do some carpet bombing!

Please don't use such inflammatory language. While CAIN is committed to fighting Nazism, we seek to do so through gameplay opposition and not through threats on their lives.

I'm thinking, based on the second half of that post, that Zhopgrad is not aware that Gameplay is not an in-character forum in the same sense as International Incidents or NationStates.

The Rose Commune of Caelapes
Ego vero custos fratris mei sum.
aka Misley

ChicagoBoys
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby ChicagoBoys » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:46 pm

Lollerland wrote:
ChicagoBoys wrote:
Wait what?

the plants have been incredibly obvious since they entered the region. they may have moved in slowly but the paper trail is still there and the only way they could remain in the region until the time is right is with compliance from others inside. it really isn't that complex of a plot but you managed to fool a flock of sheep, congrats

Brunhizzle
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Brunhizzle » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:43 pm

ChicagoBoys wrote:the plants have been incredibly obvious since they entered the region. they may have moved in slowly but the paper trail is still there and the only way they could remain in the region until the time is right is with compliance from others inside. it really isn't that complex of a plot but you managed to fool a flock of sheep, congrats

You're giving us quite a lot of credit. I'm not sure for what, exactly, but you're certainly giving it to us.
Brunhilde

-Scardino

Republic state of Humania
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic state of Humania » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:15 pm

Brunhizzle wrote:

Following a discussion and voting period, the Coalition Against the Ideology of Nazism has finished its deliberations on the first list of officially designated Nazi Regions. Evidence was collected for each of the nominated regions and presented to all voting regions at the beginning of the voting period. The vote is designated to last five days and requires half of signatories to be in attendance. After four days of voting, the Coalition has received the necessary votes to officially designate the following regions as Nazi Regions:

Nazi Europa
KAISERREICH
National Socialist Ministries

The following region was also voted on but voting signatories found insufficient evidence to designate them as a Nazi Region:

The Iron Guard

Thank you for reading. The presented evidence will be added to to the list of officially designated Nazi Regions where applicable. Please remember that this thread is not the place to debate real world happenings.

Since I'm neutral as a member of the anti fascist coalition and a friend to all ideology. ill decide if i should close my embassy's on nazi regions if they don't meet my expectations. such as

-radical ideology(closure of embassy)
-glorifying the holocaust(closure of embassy)

If i need to use my power, ill have a declaration of war on my side.
(on the regions, not the coalition)

Sincerely

Head of the Union of the Free Federal Republic
Last edited by Republic state of Humania on Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Joint Operational Force
Secretary

Founded: Sep 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Statement on CAIN by the Channel Island Government.

Postby Joint Operational Force » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:52 pm

Statement on CAIN by the Channel Island Government.

CAIN, the Coalition Against the Ideology of Nazism, has been formed to stop and roll back Nazism. This sentence should be obvious, but CAIN intends to target regions simply for choosing to have an embassy with a "Nazi" region. This is a clear violation of regional sovereignty. Each and every region that comes into existence reserves the right to conduct its foreign policy however it sees fit, without the interference of outside powers. CAIN represents nothing more than a small group of large regions continuing to assert their control over world affairs. They have tried to do this in the World Assembly. They are now trying to do this with foreign policy. This must not be allowed to happen. I encourage regions to say enough is enough. I encourage small regions to stand up and say "I can hold embassies with whoever I want to!" This I implore small regions to do. If CAIN truly wanted to fight Nazism, they would fight it directly rather then dragging innocent regions into a war that isn't there own. So I say to CAIN. Stop it. Do not think that your size gives you a pass to bully regions into adhering to your foreign policy. It doesn't. Do not think that you will be allowed to drag regions into an ideological war simply because they believe in their right to choose their foreign policy. You do not reserve those rights. So, CAIN, I implore you to change your well intentioned but sadly misguided policy. It would not only fix your terrible policy but your credibility as a "force for good"

- Joint Operational Force, Founder, Republic of Channel Island

tl;dr: CAIN is bad because it infringes on the rights if regions and targets the wrong regions.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay