NATION

PASSWORD

Crime Calculation

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Paktland
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Crime Calculation

Postby Paktland » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:15 am

AFAIK crime is reduced by: law and order, education, and welfare.

One of my latest issues will let me replace the police with military. Presumably this will have the effect of reducing law expenditure to zero, and massively increasing defense.
As much as I like the idea of a Gendarmerie, I am worried that the game will not recognize high defense expenditure in the crime calculation, and thus crime will sky rocket with no law and order.

So... can anyone confirm this?

Bedetopia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bedetopia » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:41 pm

Replacing the police with the military screams #455 Police On Overkill Mode?.

Option 4 result for me.

It will increase crime and lower civil rights among other things. It doesn't create a Gendarmerie, it institutes martial law.

Paktland
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Paktland » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:59 pm

Thank you for the help.
Is there an issue that replaces the military with police instead?

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:35 am

Not that I know of. You just have to vote for police spending and against the military over multiple issues as they come up.
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:25 am

Paktland wrote:AFAIK crime is reduced by: law and order, education, and welfare.

Note that in Nationstates "crime" doesn't mean "crime, defined as such by the nation's own laws", it actually means "crime, defined as such by the issue editors", so that if you -- for example -- legalise gambling then your nation's OOC 'crime rate' goes up even though your nation's IC crime rate presumably drops...
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Return to Gameplay