NATION

PASSWORD

How to create George Orwell's 1984

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Demy Fiyeriter
Civilian

Founded: Oct 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

How to create George Orwell's 1984

Postby Demy Fiyeriter » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:45 pm

I just got introduced to NationStates by a friend and immediately thought of George Orwell's novel 1984. For those who don't know this novel: 1) Shame on you 2) It's basically about an omnipresent "big brother" government that controls its citizens with perpetual war and manipulating history records to match their needs. I was wondering what it would take to create a your own big brother, authoritarian/dictatorship in this game

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:48 pm

Answer your issues the way Big Brother would!
AKA Weed

Fahshist Yuflijan
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Fahshist Yuflijan » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:50 pm

Doublethink! Doubleplusgood!

All hail Death! Glory to East Asia!
Yuflijan is an FMT/PMT superstate located in a 1984-esque world ruled by Fascist vampires. This nation is Atheistic, majorly Vampiric, likes gaining resources and new tech. The year is currently 1985.

We don't use NS stats.

Bedetopia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bedetopia » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:20 pm

There are plenty of issues with authoritarian choices worthy of 1984. They will come up eventually.

Montmorencia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Montmorencia » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:35 am

Demy Fiyeriter wrote:I just got introduced to NationStates by a friend and immediately thought of George Orwell's novel 1984. For those who don't know this novel: 1) Shame on you 2) It's basically about an omnipresent "big brother" government that controls its citizens with perpetual war and manipulating history records to match their needs. I was wondering what it would take to create a your own big brother, authoritarian/dictatorship in this game

Try putting yourself in BB's shoes. One big thing would be to eliminate privacy. Monitor everything! Next, the cult of personality and a totalitarian system. Soon enough you'll have the Oceania of your dreams!

Now we must get going, the two minutes of hate are about to begin.
Last edited by Montmorencia on Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
——————————
————————————
Montmorencia

Economic Left/Right: -4.75 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.36
Make America Great Britain Again

Fahshist Yuflijan
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Fahshist Yuflijan » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:37 am

Montmorencia wrote:
Demy Fiyeriter wrote:I just got introduced to NationStates by a friend and immediately thought of George Orwell's novel 1984. For those who don't know this novel: 1) Shame on you 2) It's basically about an omnipresent "big brother" government that controls its citizens with perpetual war and manipulating history records to match their needs. I was wondering what it would take to create a your own big brother, authoritarian/dictatorship in this game

Doublethink comrade!

Try putting yourself in BB's shoes. One big thing would be to eliminate privacy. Monitor everything! Next, the cult of personality and a totalitarian system. Soon enough you'll have the Oceania of your dreams!

Now we must get going, the two minutes of hate are about to begin.

Also complete Collectivism is needed. One cannot be a single part of the Party, one must BE ONE with the Party.
Yuflijan is an FMT/PMT superstate located in a 1984-esque world ruled by Fascist vampires. This nation is Atheistic, majorly Vampiric, likes gaining resources and new tech. The year is currently 1985.

We don't use NS stats.

Return to Gameplay