NATION

PASSWORD

Renegade Islands Alliance | Shizensky's Retirement

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cormactopia II
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia II » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:58 am

Shizensky wrote:You're very good at twisting words and declaring someone else's intent to suit your interest

Thank you. It's nice to be recognized.

Shizensky wrote:If you are genuinely more concerned about your fellow GCRs than you are about gaining political points against a Defender, then I'd be happy to have a conversation with you.

I would be lying if I said I'm very concerned about all of our fellow Feeders and Sinkers. I think we all know there are one or two I would be fine with seeing almost anyone in NationStates invade. But certainly I'm concerned about threats made against Osiris, or our allies Balder and The East Pacific, or other friendly Feeders. I'm also concerned about our user-created allies like The Land of Kings and Emperors and Lone Wolves United. Not concerned in the sense that I think any Feeder or Sinker, or Osiris' user-created allies, have anything to actually fear from you, mind you, because that is a joke, not a worry. Nonetheless, ridiculous threats against our sovereignty do concern me, no matter how absurd.

Shizensky wrote:I'm not a fan of mixing politics with my military, though.

Then perhaps you shouldn't have tossed politics and military in a blender together by posting a hyper-political declaration of military hostility aimed at regions "with either a current or historical tie to raiding of other regions in NationStates." That you're now trying to walk this very clear definition back and claim it does not say what it says, and we should not believe our lying eyes, is laughable. Your region has literally declared that any region that has ever raided may be a target of your military. Sorry, but that's mixing politics with your military, on steroids.

Shizensky wrote:When the RIA talks about raider regions, we're talking about raider regions, a classification we wouldn't even give to Osiris.

That's disappointing. We'll have to try harder.
Last edited by Cormactopia II on Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (3x)

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"And to the contrary, the game is insufferably boring without Cormac's antics" - Sandaoguo (Glen-Rhodes), 22 September 2016

Timothia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 04, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Regional Update, October 2016

Postby Timothia » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:52 am

RENEGADE ISLANDS ALLIANCE

Regional Population: 1,295
Delegate: Red Dusk (*87 Endorsements)
Security Officer: Red Dusk
Secretary of State: Timothia
Secretary of the Interior: Dixadoing
Hello, Red Dusk here.

On October 5th, I was officially elected as Delegate of Renegade Islands Alliance. Since then, I pushed to have the Foreign Update completed as soon as possible. It is months overdue, and I want to see our friends and allies in other regions hear about our successes.

I do wish to sincerely apologise for the lack of content from us in recent months. I hope to see that behind us now, with regular updates released.

Now, that aside, I wish to take a little bit of time to thank people for reading this update. A lot of work has been put into our region in the past few months, and it really is wonderful to be able to share the fruits of our labour.

Red Dusk
Delegate of the Renegade Islands Alliance

RIASF Update

In the past 3 months, the RIASF has seen unprecedented successes. Not only did it achieve a goal of 7 active members by the end of the Summer, it managed to surpass that goal. As of the time of the writing of this article, the RIASF boasts 12 trained sailors and about 5 sailors in training. Not to mention inquiries about the RIASF are flooding in from potential applicants.

In the past months, the Renegade Islands Alliance Special Forces has been extremely active and involved in various defender activities. Of note were the operations to liberate and refound Neko Sanctuary and it's help with the defeat of a massive group of nearly 40 raiders attempting to raid European Union, and immediately afterwards, Equestria. RIASF sailors have been present at numerous updates and have logged dozens of missions since the start of summer.

With only 2 returning members of the previous generation of the RIASF, Red Dusk has turned a group of newbies to R/D into an effective force, rivaling the forces of regions like The Grey Wardens. The Special Forces will do everything in their power to help defend regions. After all, the previous generation of RIA earned a commendation for their efforts. We're damn well going to prove we still deserve it.

Additionally, in the more recent few weeks, the RIASF pulled off an incredible milestone, bringing 7 people to update for a liberation, with an additional 2 on standby if the numbers were needed. These numbers made up nearly half the assembled forces, between 3 other organisations and the RIASF.

-Red Dusk

Foreign Affairs Update

The RIA Department of State is on the cusp of becoming an inter-regional phenomenon!

If you know anything about the RIA, you know that the last statement was very gutsy. The Department of State has a long reputation for inactivity and laziness pertaining to foreign affairs. Over the last three years, there have been far more months without an update than there have been with an update. We have rarely maintained a list of diplomats, and when we have, they have not been very active in their assigned regions. Since the reboot, every Secretary of State had been more immigration-minded. They have done an outstanding job at immigration, but foreign affairs has languished. Those days are over.

I've made bold claims before. I told a dying region that we were the best community on NationStates. I told a population of 120 that we could triple in size. I told Red Dusk that our military could flourish again. This isn't pride, this is a pattern, and I'm not about to let this pattern die. The Department of State will be top-of-the-line in our activity, publicity, and consistency. This update is not the sum total of what this department is capable of; you will see everything improve. Our region has too many bright minds and active nations to be poor at foreign affairs.

To be honest, it's been a while since I've failed at anything in the RIA, and there's nothing about the Department of State that makes it an insurmountable challenge. I bring a pedigree of success and a track record of getting things done to the office of Secretary of State, and I have no doubt that this will be the region's next success story!

-Timothia

Recruitment Update

Last month, after a successful recruitment campaign which started way back in April, we stopped sending mass telegrams from the Kerg account and started sending them from the Shiz account. We received a wake up call two weeks ago that we could not solely rely on one person for mass telegrams with the huge imgur and Reddit bumps. We were successfully able to recruit hundreds of nations only because of a little luck and a few dollars of stamps purchased during the waves. We aren't sure how we'll move forward from this but we will likely ensure that more than one nation has stamps on them at al times. We will also be starting to train manual recruiters soon.

-Kerg

Department of the Interior

Our growth this past month has been a fantastic surprise to us here in the RIA. It has created a lot of new concerns for the interior, which is a great thing - this is a new challenge for us and we all know challenges help us to grow. The concerns, at least, in my selfish opinion, lie with role-play opportunities and national/regional involvement. We, the RIA, want to connect with YOU - your nation, your region. So, let us share what’s been happening in our region, so that you can join in on the fun.

The Renegade (http://ria2016.wixsite.com/therenegade)
Two new contributors have been added to the newspaper staff as regular writers, which makes the staff at four members now. The Renegade, the regional newspaper, now has two featured sections, and a third is in the works:

1) What You Need to Know - a series written by the Secretary of the Interior about nations within the RIA, offering you a profile of RIA countries and their leaders.

2) Meet the Renegades - a series about nations from a more touristy, light hearted point of view. (Interviews and writings have begun on this project)

3) (No Clever Title Yet) - a political analysis of RP wars, elections and other official events.

As we continue working with our embassies, I hope to add another series which would be dedicated to YOUR regional news updates, so that our members are aware of your events as well. If you are interested in this, let me know - I’d love to add a foreign liaison to our team of contributors.

Role-play
New RP: A beginner’s RP has begun in the forum to help some of our new members from the last few weeks of growth. There are veterans who have volunteered to help with the project. Veteran players are considering some suggestions for stricter rules on the forum and many scenarios are quite active. RP continues to thrive in both RMB and forum. RP is now moderated a bit more by two new arbitrators to help keep an organized RMB by implementing a few new changes. RP content and posting suggestions are being offered as a means to reform our RP methods and improve on our RP experience for the users.

Game Night/Days/Weekends Coming soon…
My goal, for the rest of the year, is to create opportunities for RIA citizens, and international friends to gather and share a game and a laugh together. After I learned of other regions’ activities and community affairs, I was inspired to steal their ideas. :) We want to get to know you, other regions of the world! RIA citizens are interested in community games and international cultural events to promote our connections with one another and our embassy regions. We will be coordinating and planning to get these events on the calendar. Games of interest:

- Town of Salem
- Planetside 2
- Cards Against Humanity
- The Resistance
- Werewolves
- Monopoly & other board games and more!

Once events are scheduled, I’ll announce them. If your region would like to be involved please contact me or join in on the event if it’s already begun - The more the merrier. renegadeislands.proboards.com/thread/2650/games-weekends
————————
The RIA is looking forward to working with other regions in the near future. If you have suggestions, news, questions, anything, let me know. You can find me on Discord, RIA’s forum, RIA’s regional NS page. I want to provide quality events for my region and my friends all over the world.

-Dixadoing
Shizensky Update

In August, I made the decision to regain control over my nation and offsite forum accounts. I had to quit NS unexpectedly in 2014 and gave full control to HumanSanity. In the time that I was away, Tangaroan Islands and Benevolent Thomas also controlled my accounts. I'm not sure many people can say that they could give away the keys to a region like that and still come back to find things in one piece, or better yet - thriving! I'm thankful to have them as friends. Special thanks to Benevolent Thomas for basically giving Timothia free reign during the reboot that was kicked off in February. Timothia's efforts have led to one of the most prosperous times I've ever witnessed in the 12 year history of the Renegade Islands Alliance.
While I'm at it, a huge thank you to Timothia for writing a constitution that expects an inactive founder. Now that I'm back, my job is easier than it's ever been!

RIA Changes by the Numbers (since June 12th)

Net change in population: +99999 (Actual change of 825)
New forum members: +834
New embassies: The Order of the Grey Wardens, Gay
Citizens' Congress Legislation: 7 passed, 1 repealed

The only unofficial person in the room still wearing a monocle. ಠ_ರೃ

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:14 pm

Timothia wrote:Special thanks to Benevolent Thomas for basically giving Timothia free reign during the reboot that was kicked off in February. Timothia's efforts have led to one of the most prosperous times I've ever witnessed in the 12 year history of the Renegade Islands Alliance.

Finally, you give me the credit I deserve. I was getting far too much for too long :p
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Shizensky
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:46 pm

Recently, a project has been in the works in Renegade Islands Alliance. This project, known only to a few people, has slowly taken form over several weeks. Known as the RIAFL, or Renegade Islands Alliance Foreign Legion, it has a very simple goal, but it took time to work out the details.

The Foreign Legion will change up the structure of how we’ve done things for the past year a little. It will allow non-citizens to become members of a well trained defender organisation to learn, and hopefully over time, pass along the knowledge themselves.

The RIAFL will be structured in a way that creates an independent force outside of the regular command structure of the RIA Special Forces. Legionnaires will be invited and encouraged to participate in regular RIASF operations, but will maintain the freedom to choose when and how they interact with the RIASF. Legionnaires will not be forced into any operations that may run against the goals of their home regions or allies.

Listed below is the Charter of the RIAFL. To get information regarding how to join, please send either a Telegram or a Discord Direct Message to Red Dusk II

The Renegade Islands Alliance Foreign Legion

The Renegade Islands Alliance Foreign Legion, hereafter referred to simply as the Legion, is founded upon the premises of unity and solidarity among all defenders, across all regions, and across all organizations. We invite those who choose to defend, but have not been provided a structure to do so. We invite those who actively defend, but wish to strengthen their connections and build allies. We invite all who choose to protect the sovereignty and freedom regions under attack.

Section 1 - Membership
1) The primary purpose of the Legion is the defense of regions at risk of invasion, currently being invaded, or currently under occupation.

2) Membership shall be granted to NationStates nations interested in furthering or supporting the Defender cause, and acceptance into the Legion will be based on criteria outlined later in this charter.

3) Nations wishing to join the Legion must submit an application to RIASF command. Applications will be reviewed by command for a period of no longer than seven days.

4) Accepted Legionnaires will accept each other as comrades-in-arms, and as such will not participate in any war between home regions of other Legionnaires.

5) Legion membership is voluntary. Legionnaires may leave Legion service at any time and for whatever reason. Additionally, RIASF command may dismiss a Legionnaire at any time and for any reason. Legionnaires wishing to dismiss themselves from service are asked to notify a member of command when they choose to do so.

Section 2 - Responsibilities of Legionnaires
1) Legionnaires shall maintain loyalty to their home region above all else, and the Legion shall respect this at all times.

2) Legionnaires will not be required to follow any orders that may conflict with the laws, customs, or culture or their home region.

3) Legionnaires will be encouraged to defend the home regions of other Legionnaires, should those regions ever experience the threats of invasion.

4) Legionnaires are encouraged to participate in all Legion drills and active operations.

5) Legionnaires shall not participate in actions that further the cause of raiding, invading, or crashing in that those actions violate RIASF goals or procedures. Violating Legionnaires will be removed from the Legion immediately.

Section 3 - Command Structure
1) The Legion is under the direct authority of RIASF Command.

2) The Legion will maintain an internal command structure beneath the existing RIASF command, and will be independent of all other RIASF initiatives.

Section 4 - Code of Honor
1) Legionnaires represent the RIASF and their home regions. Legionnaires will serve the Renegade Islands Alliance and their home regions with honor and integrity.

2) Each Legionnaire is your comrade-in-arms, regardless of home region, race, ethnicity, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or sexual identification. The Legionnaire honors solidarity in the name of the Defender cause above all else.

3) Legionnaires respect their traditions and their superiors; discipline and friendship are their strengths; courage and honesty are their virtues.

4) The Legionnaires are proud of their service in the Legion; they are always well mannered and smart; their behavior is of the best; they are always modest and exercise discipline.

5) Your mission is sacred. It is carried out until the end, in respect of the laws and the customs of the home region.

6) In combat you act without passion or hatred; you respect defeated enemies; you never surrender.
Last edited by Shizensky on Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Look, that's why there's rules, understand?
So that you think before you break 'em."
My favorite thing about UDP jokes
is I don't care if you get them or not.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:53 pm

Looks great, though the Code of Honor is a tad too idealistic for my black-hearted standards ;)

Awesome to see RIA branching out further and helping defender continue to develop and redevelop throughout the world!
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Shizensky
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Mon May 29, 2017 10:23 am

We're Bringing 'zensky Back

Cobwebs needed to be shaken off and WD-40 baths needed to be had, but it's finally happened - I got my ass out of the armchair and started actively defending again. It was a rough start, with a few missed jumps and even going into the target 10 seconds before the GO command, but I can hang with the fastest of the fastbois now.

Did you guys know update's only an hour again!? Shit yes.

It's nice and all to be hanging out with the cool kids again, but this is the first step towards a more active and involved RIASF. The sailors have already had a stronger presence in both major and minor updates, participating in chases, absolutely massive liberations, and all those tedious things people don't care to report on. Defending has always been the core of the Renegade Islands Alliance and we're excited to be bringing it to the forefront again.

See you guys out there!

Some stuff we've done, because y'all love lists these days:

We defended and libbed and detagged a bunch of stuff. We're shit records keepers.

We'll work on that.
Last edited by Shizensky on Mon May 29, 2017 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Mon May 29, 2017 10:50 am

Welcome back, friend. And Happy Birthday!
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Dixadoing
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dixadoing » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:35 am

Shizensky wrote:
We're Bringing 'zensky Back

(Image)

Cobwebs needed to be shaken off and WD-40 baths needed to be had, but it's finally happened - I got my ass out of the armchair and started actively defending again. It was a rough start, with a few missed jumps and even going into the target 10 seconds before the GO command, but I can hang with the fastest of the fastbois now.

Did you guys know update's only an hour again!? Shit yes.

It's nice and all to be hanging out with the cool kids again, but this is the first step towards a more active and involved RIASF. The sailors have already had a stronger presence in both major and minor updates, participating in chases, absolutely massive liberations, and all those tedious things people don't care to report on. Defending has always been the core of the Renegade Islands Alliance and we're excited to be bringing it to the forefront again.

See you guys out there!

Some stuff we've done, because y'all love lists these days:

We defended and libbed and detagged a bunch of stuff. We're shit records keepers.

We'll work on that.

I'm so glad you're defending again - I'm stoked to work with you. :)
Your mom.

Roavin
Admin

Founded: Apr 07, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Roavin » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:23 pm

Can confirm, Shiz is an absolute pleasure to hang around with, both at and around update. Bright future for RIASF :)
Helpful Resources: One Stop Rules Shop | API documentation | NS Coders Discord
About me: Longest serving Prime Minister in TSP | Former First Warden of TGW | aka Curious Observations

Feel free to TG me, but not about moderation matters.

Shizensky
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:18 pm

There ain't no convention like a constitutional convention
because a constitutional convention happens annually!
Hey there, kiddos.

Here's the thing - the RIA is special. Sure, I love the place and it's got a lot going for it, but I don't mean that kinda special. I'm talking the kinda special where someone practically creates an award for a guy and it still ends in a tie. We just might be the most successful region which, for the greater part of the past 4 years, has essentially been without a government. It's so hard to get people to participate in administration that we'd probably benefit from some good ol' fashioned espionage at this point.

Every once in a while we realize things aren't quite working and we revert to a time honored tradition, proven time and time again to be totally ineffective but we know it's gonna work this time! Ladies and gentlemen, we are excited to announce the 7th constitutional convention of the Renegade Islands Alliance!

The new constitution would probably be pretty kick ass in a region that gave a shit, so there's no telling how this one will end up. You never know if you don't try, right? Here's the working draft. You probably won't read it. Most of the people who vote on it probably won't, either. That's okay, here's the important stuff:

The Citizen's Congress!

We're already doing this, but it's a cool idea so we're keeping it. We don't have an elected legislature. Instead, all of our citizens are automatically voting members in congress. It's a pretty neat drop-in/drop-out legislative body where you really only have to participate if you care about an issue. It came about because (surprise!) we had a hard time finding enough candidates to fill a senate, but the open democracy is too cool to let slip away.

Bringing RP front and center!

For years I've been trying to define our region as "typical Defender region #12", and our roleplay community only grew around it. They're the heart of the region's activity and one of the reasons we've maintained the same activity levels whether we've got over 500 nations or under 300. Seriously, these guys and gals prove that population is only a number. It's time to stop fighting what's been right in front of our faces and give them more influence over the region that has really become theirs.

The Assembly of Renegades!

The IC Assembly will be like the WA or UN, but on a regional level. The OOC Assembly will select RP moderators and they'll get control over regional lore and canonization, so now the people who don't care about RP can stop fucking everything up. We think they'll like this.

Factions!

This one's pretty cool. We'll have 3 factions, and they're going to be awarded for doing things in the region like writing cool stories in RP, recruiting, starting up a Left 4 Dead 2 party, or participating in RIASF ops. Folks will earn points for their factions, Harry Potter-style, and every quarter the leading faction will be given opportunities to influence the region. Factions will get to make their own rules for the most part, and I've already heard talk to people having selective entry requirements, electing their RP council representative, or being ruled by a dictator who appoints the officers as he chooses.

An RP Advisor in the Grand Council!

I wasn't joking when I said the Council fucks RP up. We largely have no idea what we're doing, and whenever we try to help it usually ends in a miniature revolution. To help make life easier for everybody, the RP folks will now get to pick one of their very own to serve as a full member in the region's executive body. The leading faction gets to choose one of their members to serve the executive role, and they also get an extra vote in the RP council. So by helping us with all the OOC administrative stuff, they get more influence in the RP game they care about. Win-win... hopefully. We'll see!

So here's to yet another new constitution! People are throwing around some pretty great ideas and we can't wait to see how it ends up!

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:23 pm

There's still gonna be Sauropods, right?
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Shizensky
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:45 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:There's still gonna be Sauropods, right?

I wouldn't count on it. Most of the Sauropods aren't too active these days.

Dixadoing
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dixadoing » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:16 am

I'm really hoping that this boosts activity. Seeing all this new change is something exciting for the RIA and I hope that people join us on this journey. Also, we need more defenders for the RIASF, so maybe my excitement is selfish. :)
Your mom.

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:52 pm

"New" may not be the exact word to describe these ideas :P

I think its high time that Shiz declared himself god-king of the RIA and make the populace worship a series of demi-gods as chosen by him. The people don't wish to govern, they wish to spam, RP and defend. As someone who has spent time in charge of that place, I believe a meritocracy would serve better than a democratic government.

Everyone knows that people only care about democracy once its under threat.

Shizensky
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:53 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:"New" may not be the exact word to describe these ideas :P

I think its high time that Shiz declared himself god-king of the RIA and make the populace worship a series of demi-gods as chosen by him.

Baby steps, my friend. We are, for all intents and purposes, a monarchy now. The regional government is legitimized by the protection of the Founderland, and the holy powers bestowed upon me by the grace of Admin's will.

Benevolent Thomas wrote:Everyone knows that people only care about democracy once its under threat.

I have straight up deleted constitutions and people were cool with it because I did it through RP.

Shizensky
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:39 am

Footage of the RIASF en route to an update after-party.

Last month we announced my return to active defending. It turns out that when a military's leader starts to participate in the military he leads, it's a lot easier to recruit and to get troops moving.

In that update I told you we're really bad at keeping records. This is still true. Lucky for us, the beautiful bastards in Libcord are amazing at keeping records. We thought we'd share some numbers from the RIASF over the last little since you've already seen the names of all these regions in various reports.

Alright, gameplay. Keep on 'fendin', baby. You know what time it is.

Shizensky
Defenses: 138
Liberations: 15
Supports: 12
Sieges: 4

Dixadoing
Defenses: 112
Liberations: 13
Supports: 15
Sieges: 4

Scepez
Defenses: 19
Liberations: 3
Supports: 7

Acronius
Defenses: 15
Liberations: 8
Supports: 2

Usniya
Defenses: 6

Barren Silver
Defenses: 6

Chingis
Events Manager

Founded: Apr 04, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chingis » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:05 pm

Great work Shiz! 138 is a pretty impressive figure for a decently short period of time.
1 John 2:1-2 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father - Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Matthew 5:43-44 You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.

Shizensky
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:29 pm

Constitutional Conventions and Delegate "Elections"
They probably wouldn't notice if I scrapped the constitution and named myself God-Emperor

Constitutional Conventions

It's been an odd sort of busy couple of weeks in the RIA. We did one thing we're really good at by making substantial changes to our region's constitution. We've made a shift towards meritocracy by introducing the Faction system. Factions will compete against each other for points by doing things to improve the region. The faction with the most points at the end of 3 months will appoint a member to the Grand Council, the RIA's executive body. We're already seeing the factions form voting blocs in both IC and OOC matters.

The factions are also working to define their identities. Unhappy with the names Faction One, Faction Two, and Faction Three, they've named themselves the Concord of Nations, Viridian League, and the Pact of Fire. The Concord of Nations was given the honor of selecting the region's first executive RP Advisor, and they have selected Korriban to be their representative. Korriban has been stepping up his game a lot lately and I'm excited to start working with him!

"Special" "Elections"

We also attempted to hold delegate elections! After a grueling week-long candidate declaration period, Riveti's "Sure I guess so but I don't know what to do" was the closest thing to a declaration and as such, our new delegate has been chosen! Congratulations and thank you to Riveti! Here's to three months of something! Nobody puts the "special" in Special Elections like the RIA!

For real though, Riveti's great. He's been a member of the region for just around a year. His work as an RMB moderator helped improve the standard of the region's RP by miles upon miles and if he kicks the delegacy's ass half as much as he kicks mine in Left 4 Dead, this next term will be exceptional.

P.S. to all the haters: If you're spying on us you are literally the worst ever at your job.

Defending Stuff and Thangs

Hi. I'm Shizensky. I'm what in some circles is referred to as a "fastboi". Some of you might know me better as that guy with all the Street Fighter puppets who gets to the region and endorses the delegate before half your people even left the jump point. A lot of you probably don't know me at all, actually. That's too bad. We should chat. I enjoy the company. :)

Whoever you are, whichever side you fight for, and whatever your reason, I'd like to ask you to consider defending with me. Even if you raid, maybe it's time to take the training wheels off and give yourself a challenge. You could join the Renegade Islands Alliance Foreign Legion if you want to defend without tying yourself up in another region. We won't ask for loyalty to our region unless you offer it freely, but we will ask for loyalty to your comrades if you choose to join us. We don't care if you're a 10 year veteran or a fresh face wondering what all this "gameplay" stuff is all about. It'd be an honor to represent the Foreign Legion with you at update, whoever you happen to be.

Thanks for the read, folks. See you next time!
Last edited by Shizensky on Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roavin
Admin

Founded: Apr 07, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Roavin » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:01 pm

Best Delegate election ever.

And yes, can confirm, Shiz is a fastboi, and defending with him is A+. \o/
Helpful Resources: One Stop Rules Shop | API documentation | NS Coders Discord
About me: Longest serving Prime Minister in TSP | Former First Warden of TGW | aka Curious Observations

Feel free to TG me, but not about moderation matters.

Shizensky
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:18 pm

500 Def(enses) of Summer

This summer presented an unusual set of circumstances for me - I was going to be available for nearly every single major update for about 3 months, and some more minor updates during the weekends. I would also be able to pay a lot more attention to some other initiatives that have sat on the RIA's backburner for a while.

> be shiz

> be defending

With all this extra update on my plate, I set a personal goal of 500 successful defenses before the end of the summer. I'm happy to say that I was able to achieve 501 recorded defenses as of the very last day! It was a bit touchy near the end as slowing invader activity dropped the daily average significantly, but the extended update time I totally didn't complain about gave us more double-digit updates.

I met a lot of really fun and cool people over the summer. I hope to see you all around during the day or minor updates! That was easily the best part of this while thing.
Further announcements incoming...

With the end of my extra-attentive summer, I was also forced to conclude Operation: Class Act. I've struggled to determine whether Class, Act, or both should be included inside quotes to imply sarcasm.

Class Act was a short term intelligence operation, originally designed to simply infiltrate a raider organization and create disarray wherever possible. Instead, the operation turned into what has often been referred to as a "salt mine" of sorts. The targeted organization spent an awful lot of time complaining about things and, in many cases, specific individuals. I've still got to go through the screenshots to determine what can actually be posted here, as some of the shade tossed would most certainly in violation of gameside rules.

Kanglia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kanglia » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:38 pm

Congrats on 500 Shiz! Shame I missed out on being there to see it, but great job as always!
Senior Warden in TGW. Usual commander of the UDSAF. Constantly snarky.
Views here are my own and not representative of any affiliation unless otherwise stated.
Always watching

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:12 pm

Shizensky wrote:With the end of my extra-attentive summer, I was also forced to conclude Operation: Class Act. I've struggled to determine whether Class, Act, or both should be included inside quotes to imply sarcasm.

Class Act was a short term intelligence operation, originally designed to simply infiltrate a raider organization and create disarray wherever possible. Instead, the operation turned into what has often been referred to as a "salt mine" of sorts. The targeted organization spent an awful lot of time complaining about things and, in many cases, specific individuals. I've still got to go through the screenshots to determine what can actually be posted here, as some of the shade tossed would most certainly in violation of gameside rules.

Any chance you could at least name the region that was targeted?

Shizensky
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:26 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Shizensky wrote:With the end of my extra-attentive summer, I was also forced to conclude Operation: Class Act. I've struggled to determine whether Class, Act, or both should be included inside quotes to imply sarcasm.

Any chance you could at least name the region that was targeted?

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:34 pm

Shizensky wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:Any chance you could at least name the region that was targeted?

Whatever the logs may show, they're still more classy than fendas infiltrating regions to disrupt and destabilize them. I can only imagine what the logs from your chats look like -- but perhaps I won't just have to imagine much longer, if this is how we're going to do things now.

In any case, thank you for once again demonstrating that no one from any defender region should be trusted in any non-defender region, and proving that my reservations regarding removal of Renegade Islands Alliance from the list of proscribed regions in Osiris were justified. Hopefully you will be proscribed again soon. And if I had my preference, RIA would be far from alone in being proscribed. We'll see.

Tim
Attaché

Founded: Oct 12, 2011
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Tim » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:38 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:Whatever the logs may show, they're still more classy than fendas infiltrating regions to disrupt and destabilize them.

Raiders did spend years telling us to try harder and innovate more in regards to defeating them. Convenient that they started crying about all the "evil spying" that we're doing once they stopped winning so much due to our efforts in trying harder and innovating. :roll:

Spying is, has been, and always will be part of the R/D metagame. One faction choosing to cry about it once it starts inconveniencing them won't change that. Maybe they should try harder to keep effective security.
Last edited by Tim on Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Want to actually win this game? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
You can trust me, I was voted Most Influential and Gameplayer of The Year in 2021.

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay