NATION

PASSWORD

Firehelm: The Dominion of Chaos

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:06 am

Personchan wrote:If I recall correctly, Tim, no one on the raiding side is complaining, only the defenders are. No one I raided with has said that I wasted their time. I told Scieca, Sygian, and Servus that it would be a small tag raid. They all decided to "tag" along anyways. In short, the only person being negative towards this raid in any way is you and funkadelia, and I can't say I'm very surprised in either case, seeing as you're both defenders. There was not a lack of ambition on my part or their part: I wanted to do something that was fun, not strenuous on either me or them after the miss two nights ago. In the future, I'll be sure to do more tags to appease your definition of ambition. Basically, I did this for fun, not to support a quota or to appease defenders' definitions of success. That's the only reason I do raiding: for fun.

I mean, obviously they wouldn't. There's enough fracturing without raiders publicly complaining about each other's tag runs. That's cool that they had fun then, I'm happy for that. I mean, I don't know why I'm complaining, honestly, the less you all do the less we have to bother with. I just can't see the fun in staying up for a 90 minute long update just to make two jumps, but if you guys can find fun in it then good stuff. Ultimately, if you're having fun, then all the better to you. However, do remember we're in Gameplay. If you're gonna post a post with yet another oversized image (y'all really need to pick smaller ones) about two hits, you should expect to get some sarcastic remarks about it.

Don't get me wrong, I love stirring shit up, but this was literally just me trying to figure out why you guys weren't doing more, didn't want to do more, etc
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:28 am

Well, that got removed quick due to who posted it, but I'll agree that it's not about the organization or the flag, it's about heart.

In the same way, it's not really about alignment. It's about player opinion.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Black Mekhet
Attaché

Founded: Jan 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Mekhet » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:29 am

Tim-Opolis wrote:Don't get me wrong, I love stirring shit up, but this was literally just me trying to figure out why you guys weren't doing more, didn't want to do more, etc

The way I see it Tim, is that they're just one region over a hold operation. I'm old school biased, so to me the less tags the better. End of the day, they went out and raided. For us that's all that matters. I'd love to say we, raiders, could care less your opinion on this event but that's not the case today I guess.

Seriously, though a raids a raid m8.
Mekhet of The Black Hawks.

I only represent Mek.

Personchan
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Personchan » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:40 pm

Meh, forgive me for bluntness. It's been a long week. That being said, it seems a bit odd that you're being so petty for someone who isn't stirring up the cauldron, Tim.
aka Vapid Vasentius

Cormactopia II
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia II » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:48 pm

I just wanted to clarify that, despite their roles in the government of Osiris, neither Tim nor Syl are speaking for Osiris and neither are representative of either official or unofficial Osiran opinion. They are speaking in their capacity as defenders with the Grey Wardens.

Congratulations to Firehelm for two raids that neither Tim, nor Syl, nor any other defender stopped.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (3x)

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"And to the contrary, the game is insufferably boring without Cormac's antics" - Sandaoguo (Glen-Rhodes), 22 September 2016

Big Bad Badger
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Big Bad Badger » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:59 pm

Sygian II wrote: You did great, Vapid! You'll do even greater things as time comes!

Syg is right! Be proud and keep giving them hell!
Mr. Badger

I've been told that raiding requires booze and a lack of pants! --Neenee

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:02 pm

Big Bad Badger wrote:
Sygian II wrote: You did great, Vapid! You'll do even greater things as time comes!

Yeah, imo every raid should get a report, as long as they're fun. Keep at it. :)
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

Personchan
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Personchan » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:17 pm

Cormactopia II wrote:I just wanted to clarify that, despite their roles in the government of Osiris, neither Tim nor Syl are speaking for Osiris and neither are representative of either official or unofficial Osiran opinion. They are speaking in their capacity as defenders with the Grey Wardens.

Congratulations to Firehelm for two raids that neither Tim, nor Syl, nor any other defender stopped.

Thank you, sir. o7
Big Bad Badger wrote:

I never gave anybody hell. I just gave them the truth and they thought it was hell.

I want to thank those who are being so supportive for doing so. As long as I have a say in it, Firehelm will continue to improve and march on to victory, even if it is two regions at a time. I, for one, am glad to see so much support among allies. Never before in raiding history have we had the opportunity to do so much and to advance raider unity. I hope that all raiders will seize this opportunity to become the best they can possibly be. It is an honor to be an active member of the community at such a zeitgeist.
aka Vapid Vasentius

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:43 pm

Cormactopia II wrote:I just wanted to clarify that, despite their roles in the government of Osiris, neither Tim nor Syl are speaking for Osiris and neither are representative of either official or unofficial Osiran opinion. They are speaking in their capacity as defenders with the Grey Wardens.

Yup. I'm not speaking for Osiris here. I almost always use my Osiran nation Yokiria when speaking for Osiris.

Though, careful declaring who I am speaking for, Cormac. 'Cause you can be wrong, like you are here. I'm not speaking for The Grey Wardens in my capacity as a defender. I'm speaking on a personal level, non-representative of any group I belong to.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:50 am

Tim-Opolis wrote:If you're gonna post a post with yet another oversized image (y'all really need to pick smaller ones) about two hits

Tim's got a point here. See:
Sedgistan wrote:It's fine to post pictures with raid reports - they're fun and add flavour to them, but please try not to post massive ones. A good rule of thumb is to avoid having more image than text.

Personchan
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Personchan » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:14 am

Fair enough. No more large pictures.
aka Vapid Vasentius

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:43 am

Well that, or raid more regions/write a bit more text about them :P

Sygian II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian II » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:45 am

Sedgistan wrote:Well that, or raid more regions/write a bit more text about them :P

Like what was said before, Sedge, it was one of his first times manually triggering. His "ready" commands lasted about five minutes, but other than that he did well for his first time. :P
Benevolent Thomas wrote:The Black Hawks continue to be the largest and most successful invader organization in NationStates

Maj. Sygian

Council Advisor of The Black Hawks

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:53 am

I wasn't criticising the lack of hits - I was just suggesting a way of keeping the large images.

Atagait Denral
Secretary

Founded: Jun 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Atagait Denral » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:11 am

Given a good lot of us were just sitting in Firehelm's voice chat goofing off, I applaud Firehelm for getting out there and raiding.
The image being overkill aside, naysayers will be naysayers. You guys have a lot of fun doing what you're doing, so just have fun doing it.

Malevolent Thomas wrote:we didn't start this org to impress anyone or seek anyone's approval. <snip> If you do not agree with our methods, that's fine. You go do you boo boo and we're going to do us.
Vleerian Vytherov
Script Writer

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:57 am

Yeah, I would assume it's kind of obvious that I'm not representing my Judiciary/Security Role in Osiris. I keep Osiris-based posts to Tim Stark.

My views are my views, though, if there's no TGW Header on it then it's not a TGW statement.

Sedgistan wrote:Well that, or raid more regions/write a bit more text about them :P

I'd just like to express my love for Sedge in this moment :P
Last edited by Tim-Opolis on Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Personchan
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Personchan » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:17 pm

I'm not sure if y'all are trying to sass me or irk me into raiding more regions. Because I'm tempted to do the latter :P
aka Vapid Vasentius

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:28 pm

Personchan wrote:I'm not sure if y'all are trying to sass me or irk me into raiding more regions. Because I'm tempted to do the latter :P

Go ahead, it's the most fun to thrash Firehelm all update long. ;)
Funkadelia

Former Delegate of Lazarus (x3)
Proscribed TWICE by The South Pacific

WA Security Council Resolution Author (x2)
SC#161
SC#182

Gugmuwon The Conqueror
Civilian

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gugmuwon The Conqueror » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:01 pm

Firehelm pillages the native regions while the defenders sit back and enjoy the show from Spear Danes

On the 8/21 Minor Update: Sygian, Gugmuwon, Vandoosa, Scieca & Leo Firelic charge the enemy in full pace, capturing 14 regions in total!

Regions Taken:

Chaos Marines Participating:
Lord General Sygian The Infernal Devourer | Trigger Two
Primus Captain NataliaPoklonskaya
Chaos Guard Scieca VII
Terror Marine Gugmuwon The Conqueror | Trigger One
Terror Marine Firelic
Last edited by Gugmuwon The Conqueror on Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:52 pm

lol. Love the picture, wish I could've been on but I had a flight. :(
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

Sygian II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian II » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:00 pm

We Are Not the NSA wrote:lol. Love the picture, wish I could've been on but I had a flight. :(

Next time! :)
Benevolent Thomas wrote:The Black Hawks continue to be the largest and most successful invader organization in NationStates

Maj. Sygian

Council Advisor of The Black Hawks

Revall
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Revall » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:20 pm

Big party out there today, great work!
TRE★Noblus Maximus★TRE
Revall Au SilverStorm
Praefect of The Roman Empire
----------------------------------_________☸ Introduce A Little Chaos ☸_________----------------------------------

The artist formerly, now re-coknown as Noblephnx but don't trust anything my sig tells you ITS A BETRAYER OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!

Gugmuwon
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gugmuwon » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:47 pm

We Are Not the NSA wrote:lol. Love the picture, wish I could've been on but I had a flight. :(
Revall wrote:Big party out there today, great work!

<3

Sygian the Bard
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian the Bard » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:26 pm

8/22 Major
Operation: Duck Hunt

Firehelm Throne Room, Time: 16:00, Location: Unknown

Overlord Plagentine is sitting on the Serbian throne as a Chaos Guard speedily enters the room

Chaos Guard: Lord Plagentine, forgive me for interrupting your.... erm... Overlord activities. But Lord Sygian is here to speak to you, he says it is urgent.

Overlord Plagentine: Send him in.

Lord Sygian enters and kneels before O. Plagentine

Lord Sygian: Your majesty. As you are aware, defenders have begun to show more resistance on the tag fields recently. I have an idea to give us a slight advantage.

Lieutenant Festavo (Who has just emerged from the shadowy corner): Blame it on Plagentine bringing in those Imgurian refugees. Some of them have been captured and enslaved by the defenders and forced to detag! It's all Plagentine's fault!

O. Plagentine (Annoyed): That's enough. Guard, throw him into the shadow box for another week.

Chaos Guard drags Lt. Festavo away

Lt. Festavo: You can't do this again! Gary Johnson for Overlo-

Lord Sygian: Anyway, the idea would take some preparation, but nothing we can't handle

O. Plagentine: What exactly is the plan?

Lord Sygian: You'll find out. It's a plan that only the Raiderdom legends have achieved.

Lord Rai enters the room

Lord Rai: You called?

Last edited by Sygian the Bard on Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lord General of Firehelm
Official Poem Writer of the Chaos Legions

Revall
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Revall » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:31 pm

Syg that was an awesome report :bow:
TRE★Noblus Maximus★TRE
Revall Au SilverStorm
Praefect of The Roman Empire
----------------------------------_________☸ Introduce A Little Chaos ☸_________----------------------------------

The artist formerly, now re-coknown as Noblephnx but don't trust anything my sig tells you ITS A BETRAYER OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay