NATION

PASSWORD

The Invaders | Ego Sum Ideo Vici

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cormactopia II
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia II » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:15 am

The Invaders News Service wrote:Two months of undercover work by the Invaders Intelligence Service has culminated in the invasion of one the largest founderless regions on NationStates, Social Liberal Union, which housed a native delegate with a whopping 46 endorsements.

Congratulations on scoring the most impressive raid of 2016!
Cormac Skollvaldr
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (3x)

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"And to the contrary, the game is insufferably boring without Cormac's antics" - Sandaoguo (Glen-Rhodes), 22 September 2016

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:41 am

Great raid. Love to see these kind of hits. Congrats to all involved! :D
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Sygian II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian II » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:01 am

Congratulations on the well organized invasion. I am impressed. :clap:
Benevolent Thomas wrote:The Black Hawks continue to be the largest and most successful invader organization in NationStates

Maj. Sygian

Council Advisor of The Black Hawks

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:41 am

That was a really nice hit. If you don't mind me asking, how long was the infiltrator deployed for prior to the raid?
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

T E Lawrence
Spokesperson

Founded: May 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby T E Lawrence » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:49 pm

Thank you everyone!

We Are Not the NSA wrote:If you don't mind me asking, how long was the infiltrator deployed for prior to the raid?

About two months.

-- Lawrence.
Marshal T. E. Lawrence
The Invaders

Lynopia
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lynopia » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:08 am

Good job with the Social Liberal Union thing.

T E Lawrence
Spokesperson

Founded: May 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby T E Lawrence » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:36 am

Perhaps the best part about this invasion is how a few natives offered their congratulations to our success via telegram.

People call invasions destructive and detrimental to communities, which perhaps holds a sliver of truth. But in the case of Social Liberal Union, it's most certainly a win-win. The Invaders and The Invader Network have been propelled on to the world stage, with the invasion of one of the largest founderless regions on NationStates. The founder of Social Liberal Union has revived itself after five years since playing this game only from 2010 to 2011. I don't think anyone can be mad about that. If the founder ever ceases-to-exist again, the native population has experienced the dangers of a lack of an endorsement cap, among other things, and will seek to counter such careless measures. Furthermore, SLU is now more active than ever and will stay this way for quite some time. The natives fought well, despite fighting for a hopeless cause. Arguably the most resilient native community to an invasion I've ever seen. Defenders, as usual, were nowhere to be found.

Until next time.

Ego Sum Ideo Vici. Long live The Invaders!

-- Lawrence.
Marshal T. E. Lawrence
The Invaders

Social Mysterion
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Social Mysterion » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:23 am

T E Lawrence wrote:The natives fought well, despite fighting for a hopeless cause.

Hopeless? What cause is that?
T E Lawrence wrote:Arguably the most resilient native community to an invasion I've ever seen.

Why thank you! I'm not a native, but I'll certainly relay that message along to them.
T E Lawrence wrote:Defenders, as usual, were nowhere to be found.

Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they aren't there. Why would we tell you if there were defenders? We had a whole big meeting force; we were planning what to say, who to contact, how to convince, and were on our way to getting, I'll say, quite a few defenders. Do not jump to conclusions, my friend; please do not act the typical invader and pretend you are omnipotent and omniscient. The founder coming back was not an accident.

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:10 am

Social Mysterion wrote:Do not jump to conclusions, my friend; please do not act the typical invader and pretend you are omnipotent and omniscient. The founder coming back was not an accident.

You must not know Ivo very well then. :P
Funkadelia

Former Delegate of Lazarus (x3)
Proscribed TWICE by The South Pacific

WA Security Council Resolution Author (x2)
SC#161
SC#182

Ainland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ainland » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:18 am

How interesting, after making much noise about victory in invading such a large region, having been defeated, the Invaders now want to pretend this was some sort of charitable act to make our region better. Much like a burglar claiming that he has helped you by inspiring you to improve the security on your house.

Our region has enjoyed much success, having been a top-20 region, and whilst our defeat of the Invaders has brought us publicity, it is clear that this was not their intention, so it would be foolish to give them credit for it. Their goal was to cause destruction, to annoy people for their own satisfaction, to destroy and dismantle a successful region. The Invaders publicise rules and guidelines which they do not follow in practice. Presumably this is some sort of attempt to create an illusion to appease NationStates moderators. But the truth is, Invader members pay no attention to these rules, they seek pleasure in harassment and destruction, they are disrespectful on a personal level, and their hate brings no benefit to anyone.

The Invaders have brought no benefit whatsoever to the SLU, our region is great because of its members. The way they handled the invasion only serves as another example of this. And as for the founder of the region reviving itself - the government of the region knows what to do to protect the SLU, this is a credit to them, not to you. You are correct that Ainland was only active in 2010 and 2011, but since you speak in OOC terms I might as well let you know that Ainland's creator has been around a lot longer than that.

The simple fact is this - you brought terror to our region and you were defeated. Justice prevailed and you have lost.

Fabulous Regime of Sugar
Civilian

Founded: Jun 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Fabulous Regime of Sugar » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:07 am

Happy to see 2 months effort down the drain. That was certainly time well spent :clap:

Mons Garle
Envoy

Founded: Mar 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mons Garle » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:14 am

Ainland wrote:The simple fact is this - you brought terror to our region and you were defeated. Justice prevailed and you have lost.

Couldn't have said it any better!
Democratically Elected Delegate of the Social Liberal Union

Ainland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ainland » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:40 am

And for the avoidance of doubt, I would just like to confirm that I am indeed the original creator of Ainland.

Some Invaders are not taking their loss very well and are suggesting that someone must have guessed my password, or been given it, since it would be too much of a coincidence for me to happen to return now. Well it is no coincidence, like I said above - the government know what to do to protect their region. I was made aware of what was happening and so I returned.

Sorry you wasted two months. Better luck next time.

San Poland
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby San Poland » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:13 am

You guys tried. I just find it humorous how you proclaimed victory so early, and then proceeded to be crushed. Next time, wait until you have definitely won, and then start claiming victory.

Sygian II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian II » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:35 am

Ainland wrote:How interesting, after making much noise about victory in invading such a large region, having been defeated, the Invaders now want to pretend this was some sort of charitable act to make our region better. Much like a burglar claiming that he has helped you by inspiring you to improve the security on your house.

The simple fact is this - you brought terror to our region and you were defeated. Justice prevailed and you have lost.

It is actually pretty common for the founder to return/revive itself after the region was raided, usually by someone contacting the original owner of the founder. It was a successful operation, a victory; not a defeat at all. There was nothing that could be done about the founder returning.

Fabulous Regime of Sugar wrote:Happy to see 2 months effort down the drain. That was certainly time well spent :clap:

It was time well spent.. After all, they invaded one of the largest founderless regions on NationStates with 29 raiders jumping. This invasion, plus the multiple Security Council Liberation attempts, have publicized The Invaders and The Invader Network and substantially brought them quite a few newer members.

San Poland wrote:I just find it humorous how you proclaimed victory so early

It was also humorous to watch a native unsuppressing the RMB posts live on YouTube. :P

Once again, that was a pretty groovy op. Props on the success. o7

EDIT: Mistype
Last edited by Sygian II on Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benevolent Thomas wrote:The Black Hawks continue to be the largest and most successful invader organization in NationStates

Maj. Sygian

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:45 am

It's fun to see the natives trash talking the invaders. 8)
See You Space Cowboy...

Ainland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ainland » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:56 am

Sygian II wrote:It was a successful operation, a victory; not a defeat at all.

It is perfectly clear that the Invaders goal was to retain control of the region permanently (as they themselves stated) and proceed to eject all native nations who would not comply. That goal has been unsuccessful, ergo defeat not victory. Hence why Invader members are now acting sore about losing the region, either by claiming this was the intention all along, or by claiming foul play on the part of SLU natives. You may, at this point, wish to claim that the Invaders were merely acting charitably with the only intention of reviving the Founder, but as I have outlined above, it is clear that their intentions were harassment and destruction.

Sygian II wrote:It is actually pretty common for the founder to return/revive itself after the region was raided, usually by someone contacting the original owner of the founder.

Interesting then, how the Invaders are not aware of this, and claim that my account must have been hacked, or that I have given my password to another nation.

Sygian II wrote:There was nothing that could be done about the founder returning.

Well that goes without saying, but quite clearly they hoped it would not happen. And my returning was from the actions of the native nations, something that could have happened at any time. The Invaders have done nothing good here, other than demonstrated the SLU's resilience and waste two months of their own time demonstrating their failure.

Sygian II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian II » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:59 am

Ainland wrote:It is perfectly clear that the Invaders goal was to retain control of the region permanently (as they themselves stated) and proceed to eject all native nations who would not comply.

It goes to show that you've been gone for quite a long time. Welcome to R/D 2016.

A hit is a hit, SLU was successfully raided whether you like it or not. ;)

Maj. Sygian

Ainland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ainland » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:11 am

Sygian II wrote:It goes to show that you've been gone for quite a long time. Welcome to R/D 2016.

I've already responded above re. my inactivity. It was the Invaders own stated goal to retain control of the region.

Sygian II wrote:A hit is a hit, SLU was successfully raided whether you like it or not. ;)

Successful for a day or two, successful in getting started, but now defeated. And of course I don't like it, that is the point I was making. I certainly couldn't be happier now, to see the strength of the region, the resilience of the natives, the defeat of the Invaders. But the whole point to my initial response was that the futile actions of the Invaders were solely driven by a desire to harass, annoy and destruct. And you'd be right to think that's not something I like.

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:19 am

Ainland wrote:Successful for a day or two, successful in getting started, but now defeated. And of course I don't like it, that is the point I was making. I certainly couldn't be happier now, to see the strength of the region, the resilience of the natives, the defeat of the Invaders.

Didn't the founder return and fuck up the occupation? Not really the most impressive way of "liberating" a region.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

Ainland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ainland » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:25 am

We Are Not the NSA wrote:Didn't the founder return and fuck up the occupation? Not really the most impressive way of "liberating" a region.

Indeed, the founder returned and restored the region in accordance with the democratic will of the native nations. I'm not sure how you judge 'impressive' (dishonestly infiltrating a region to cause destruction is just dishonest in my opinion, not impressive) but that's just how it works. Justice has been done.

Cormactopia II
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia II » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:07 pm

Ainland wrote:The Invaders publicise rules and guidelines which they do not follow in practice. Presumably this is some sort of attempt to create an illusion to appease NationStates moderators. But the truth is, Invader members pay no attention to these rules, they seek pleasure in harassment and destruction, they are disrespectful on a personal level, and their hate brings no benefit to anyone.

Are you making accusations that The Invaders have somehow violated site rules? If so, you should be filing a GHR, not turning it into Gameplay hyperbole.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (3x)

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"And to the contrary, the game is insufferably boring without Cormac's antics" - Sandaoguo (Glen-Rhodes), 22 September 2016

Ainland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ainland » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:17 pm

Cormactopia II wrote:Are you making accusations that The Invaders have somehow violated site rules? If so, you should be filing a GHR, not turning it into Gameplay hyperbole.

The rules I accuse the Invaders of paying no attention to are their own publicised rules. My reference to NS moderators was merely speculation as to why these rules exist when they aren't followed. They are clearly there to create a false impression of an organisation that seeks to do good. If I want to accuse anyone of violating site rules, I would of course raise that properly. I hope this has clarified my point.

Sygian II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian II » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:08 pm

Ainland wrote:I hope this has clarified my point.

Not at all. :clap:

Maj. Sygian

Ainland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ainland » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm

I guess I can understand that it must be difficult when the side you are on/side you are backing is defeated, especially when they have prematurely declared victory. But try not to be a sore loser. Better luck next time.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay