NATION

PASSWORD

Lone Wolves United - Mahtomedi raided

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:23 pm

We Are Not the NSA wrote:
Scardino wrote:-snip-

I believe they are referring to how the thread is currently broken.

Like NSA said, the releases BBCode has broken the page. It was reported to Moderation 4 hours, and it appears Kat tried to fix it shortly thereafter (as shown by the last edited notification) but was unsuccessful.
See You Space Cowboy...

Scardino
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 23, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Scardino » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:35 pm

Drasnia wrote:
We Are Not the NSA wrote:I believe they are referring to how the thread is currently broken.

Like NSA said, the releases BBCode has broken the page. It was reported to Moderation 4 hours, and it appears Kat tried to fix it shortly thereafter (as shown by the last edited notification) but was unsuccessful.

Closing the side bar apparently makes it all better.
Scardino
Alpha Emeritus - LWU

Cormactopia II - God damn it Scardino
Drachen - god damnit scar
Syberis - Dammit Scar
Mall - fok u scar
Anerastreia - Scar so racist
Liliarchy - you evil evil man
Xoriet - You're adorable, Scar
Altino - Scar, I think I love you
Lamb Stone - Scardino knows I <3 him.
Severisen - Scar is the Rod Stewart of raiding
Roavin - Scardino has a sexy voice.
Biyah - so, I dearly love Scardino, he rocks my nuts
Lost - you're hulk mixed with tony stark
Cain - Scar restrains himself quite significantly on NS and is still known far and wide for his antics.
Biyah - God help us from Fedele bringing back the old ways. The current level of inept is just fine, thanks

Block II
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Block II » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:00 pm

Congrats on the operation, LWU! Way to keep the pack roaring across the battlefield :D

Dream Killers
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dream Killers » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:01 pm

Scardino wrote:
Drasnia wrote:Like NSA said, the releases BBCode has broken the page. It was reported to Moderation 4 hours, and it appears Kat tried to fix it shortly thereafter (as shown by the last edited notification) but was unsuccessful.

Closing the side bar apparently makes it all better.

Should be fixed now.
Aeneas "Cain" Rahl
The East Pacific - "Let entropy claim the user-founded regions; we however, will still be here."
“With stout hearts, and with enthusiasm for the contest, let us go forward to victory.”
"An army of principles can penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot."
"Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions."
"Pacifism will remain an ideal, war a fact."
"NationStates is for roleplaying only."

Klopstock
Secretary

Founded: Nov 13, 2005
Capitalizt

Postby Klopstock » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:46 pm

http://www.nationstates.net/region=the_shining_empire

I'm normally not one to complain (or explain), but impersonating 10000 Islands in a region's WFE, with links to our offsite forum and regional page, is crossing a line. I think this is pretty clear-cut case of malicious impersonation of a region and a straightforward rule violation (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=260044#011). A GHR has been filed.

Doubtless, you will continue to try and raid regions. And we will always be there to stop you. But I would have hoped that a group as established as Lone Wolves United, with some distinguished members in the gameplay world, would at least have a bit more class.

EDIT: bad link, swapped out.

EDIT 2: Nice try. But I included a screen shot in the GHR.
Last edited by Klopstock on Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Altmoras
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Altmoras » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:59 pm

Klopstock wrote:http://www.nationstates.net/region=the_shining_empire

I'm normally not one to complain (or explain), but impersonating 10000 Islands in a region's WFE, with links to our offsite forum and regional page, is crossing a line. I think this is pretty clear-cut case of malicious impersonation of a region and a straightforward rule violation (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=260044#011). A GHR has been filed.

Doubtless, you will continue to try and raid regions. And we will always be there to stop you. But I would have hoped that a group as established as Lone Wolves United, with some distinguished members in the gameplay world, would at least have a bit more class.

Can you post the screenshot here?
Benevolent Thomas-Today at 11:15 AM
"I'm not sure if Altmoras has ever been wrong about anything."

Inhumanly good at the game according to official word of site staff.

Cormactopia II
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia II » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:05 pm

Klopstock wrote:http://www.nationstates.net/region=the_shining_empire

Good to see we're back to the days of defenders fighting raiders one GHR at a time. I'm sure that will be a positive development for the game.

Did you ever stop to think maybe LWU is smart enough to know that changing the WFE wouldn't get them out of trouble, and they just changed it to address your concerns with it? Did you actually express your concerns to them before running to Moderation?
Last edited by Cormactopia II on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (3x)

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"And to the contrary, the game is insufferably boring without Cormac's antics" - Sandaoguo (Glen-Rhodes), 22 September 2016

Sygian II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian II » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:05 pm

I want to see the screenshot :) :clap:
Benevolent Thomas wrote:The Black Hawks continue to be the largest and most successful invader organization in NationStates

Maj. Sygian

Council Advisor of The Black Hawks

The old wildlife pen pal
Attaché

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The old wildlife pen pal » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:23 pm

Cormactopia II wrote:Good to see we're back to the days of defenders fighting raiders one GHR at a time. I'm sure that will be a positive development for the game.

As opposed to those days where rule breakers are hidden away and sheltered by communities? Cause that turned out so well last time.
Did you ever stop to think maybe LWU is smart enough to know that changing the WFE wouldn't get them out of trouble, and they just changed it to address your concerns with it? Did you actually express your concerns to them before running to Moderation?

Sometimes you really amuse me, Cormac.

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:28 pm

It doesn't matter that they changed the WFE after they were caught. They willingly broke the rules and that carries consequences.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:09 pm

The old wildlife pen pal wrote:As opposed to those days where rule breakers are hidden away and sheltered by communities? Cause that turned out so well last time.

As the user who leaked Predator, and a former member of TBR and DEN whose regions were both deleted for rule-breaking... This is just fucking WFE impersonation. You very rightfully have the 'Raiders Broke the Rules' card to play. Try playing it well, instead of playing it and making yourself look like you're making mountains out of molehills.

The Church of Satan wrote:It doesn't matter that they changed the WFE after they were caught. They willingly broke the rules and that carries consequences.

Pretty much. Impersonation doesn't fly on NS, whether you're a raider, defender, or native.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

The old wildlife pen pal
Attaché

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The old wildlife pen pal » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:33 pm

Ridersyl wrote:
The old wildlife pen pal wrote:As opposed to those days where rule breakers are hidden away and sheltered by communities? Cause that turned out so well last time.

As the user who leaked Predator, and a former member of TBR and DEN whose regions were both deleted for rule-breaking... This is just fucking WFE impersonation. You very rightfully have the 'Raiders Broke the Rules' card to play. Try playing it well, instead of playing it and making yourself look like you're making mountains out of molehills.

I, and I know a number of others too, won't 'play cards' when it comes to the rules and reporting players. If you - whether raider, defender, neutral, or native - break the rules, it will be reported. Simple as that. If Cormac wishes to continue to be ridiculous, it will get called out. Simple as that.

Libetarian Republics
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 02, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Libetarian Republics » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:36 pm

This seems to be an isolated incident, rather than the return of "the days of defenders fighting raiders one GHR at a time."

I believed TITO's war with LWU prevents them from having this discussion through private channels (for obvious reasons.) Calling them out publicly is probably the only way to have a dialogue/remainder not to have this incident be repeated.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:22 pm

The old wildlife pen pal wrote:If Cormac wishes to continue to be ridiculous, it will get called out. Simple as that.

You're being ridiculous too. I don't see you calling yourself out on it.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:26 pm

oxymoron
[ok-si-mawr-on, -mohr-]
noun, plural oxymora [ok-si-mawr-uh, -mohr-uh] (Show IPA), oxymorons. Rhetoric.
a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in “cruel kindness” or “to make haste slowly.”.

Klopstock
Secretary

Founded: Nov 13, 2005
Capitalizt

Postby Klopstock » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:56 pm

Altmoras wrote:Can you post the screenshot here?

I can: http://imgur.com/JL2HoIH
Last edited by Klopstock on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Numero Capitan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 27, 2007
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Numero Capitan » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:20 am

Cormac, would you say the same if someone invaded a Pacific and put your name up there, or Osiris'?
Minister of Defense, 00000 A World Power
Minister of Intelligence, FRA
Potato General
Senator and Attorney General, Europeia
Minister of Security and Minister of Justice, The South Pacific
Minister of War, Fidelia
Royal Council, The Last Kingdom
Crown Prince, Unknown and The Brotherhood of Blood
Delegate, REDACTED
REDACTED and REDACTED, REDACTED
REDACTED, REDACTED REDACTED
REDACTED, dont be nosey

Abenthy
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Abenthy » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:25 am

I think that's a bit of a stretch. Also, screenshots are unable to be acted on, unless that changes for special circumstances.

Luxdonia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:29 am

Is region impersonation even against the rules though? Seems like a bit of a waste of time in my opinion.
The Kingdom of Luxdonia
The Chief Administrator and Executive Councillor of Archmont
Join the Archmont Discord server!

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:54 am

Luxdonia wrote:Is region impersonation even against the rules though? Seems like a bit of a waste of time in my opinion.

Impersonation: Any attempt to maliciously impersonate another nation or region, including employing a similar name or attempting to hack nation or region passwords, is illegal according to the FAQ. Passing nations from one player to another is legal, but inadvisable as the receiver also inherits any warning history attached to the nation.

From the One Stop Rule Shop
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Scardino
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Scardino » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:41 am

The WFE was changed on my suggestion to reflect the fact that 10000 Islands was seizing the delegacy. My suggestion was overridden and it was changed back before the flag could be updated. At no point did LWU pretend to be 10000 Islands. Neither was LWU in the delegacy and LWU's invasion was effectively over by that point, with only the traditional wait for banjections still ongoing. The only foreign force invading the region by this point was, in fact, 10000 Islands. By any reasonable definition of the word "impersonation", the word does not apply to the circumstances. If it hurt your feelings, you have my personal apology.

Thank you for providing the screenshot.
Last edited by Scardino on Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Scardino
Alpha Emeritus - LWU

Syberis - Dammit Scar
Mall - fok u scar
Cain - Scar restrains himself quite significantly on NS and is still known far and wide for his antics.
Biyah - God help us from Fedele bringing back the old ways. The current level of inept is just fine, thanks

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:59 am

Klopstock wrote:
Altmoras wrote:Can you post the screenshot here?

I can: http://imgur.com/JL2HoIH

I was unaware that XKI had adopted the Lone Wolves United standard as their official flag.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Scardino
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Scardino » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:15 am

All of these tears being shed over a perfectly accurate WFE seems entirely unnecessary, unless someone would like to debate the merits of government mandated issuing of debt to unqualified borrowers. That would be a discussion for a different thread, though. As it stands, the WFE I suggested was accurate as a native delegate was being usurped by 10000 Islands. It seems that Klopstock, overcome with his passions, has lost his ability to deal with objective truths.
Last edited by Scardino on Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scardino
Alpha Emeritus - LWU

Syberis - Dammit Scar
Mall - fok u scar

Anerastreia
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Anerastreia » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:31 am

Klopstock, are you just mad because Scardino has been serenading you all over the place? :p
Anerastreia (Anera)
Il-Khan of Lone Wolves United

Elindra Kshrlmnt: I'm always right. I'm a woman.
Dream Killers: I was going to say that if you are the problem child for LWU we are the best region in the game.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:46 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:It doesn't matter that they changed the WFE after they were caught. They willingly broke the rules and that carries consequences.

I'm going to wait on an official Moderation ruling before stating with certainty, but I'm pretty sure malicious intention must be proven in order for the "maliciously impersonation" rule to be broken. The example given in the OSRS implies that in order for the impersonation to be malicious, the impersonating party would have to be up to some pretty shady shit, not just having a light hearted laugh or making an obvious parody for the sake of humor.

If this wasn't the case, Flag Thief would have been declared DOS years ago. But again, I defer to any official ruling that might come out of Klopstock's complaint, if we ever get one.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay