NATION

PASSWORD

Illegal Script Usage "Predator": Punishments

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vando0sa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Vando0sa » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:49 am

Block II wrote:I've never used or endorsed predator. I'd like the ruling against me reversed. :P

Awww.. I wanted to make that joke.. you beat me too it..
Kevät itkee talven töitä Käy hyinen tuulen henki Kevät itkee talven töitä Virta kantaa luita rantaan

Block II
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Block II » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:46 am

The thing is, I'm not joking :P

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:30 pm

Luziyca wrote:If this punishment gets repealed, then how long will it take until those people on that list claim that they were railroaded?

This isn't even an issue. As previously pointed out, Predator Punishments are outside the regular appeals process. The majority of the Moderation Team has already ruled on the initial punishments and such an appeal would be pointless.

Tex is a special case, one which the Mods are specifically allowing an appeal to occur. There is no slippery slope, Luz, this is a well controlled and Moderation-supported chance for one, and only one, person to appeal their Predator punishment. All the others can complain all they want, but their fate is already sealed.

Either way, let's pretend for a second that Moderation did open up appeals to all Predator Punishments and found that they had made errors and perhaps admitted to their mistakes, something which isn't unprecedented, and overturned a few of their previous punishments.

What's so horrible about that again? I mean, other than something-something-ebil raiders.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Pro Life Nation
Civil Servant

Founded: May 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pro Life Nation » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:37 pm

As I currently understand the situation, Texasa did have Predator on his computer at one point but never ran the program. He was only a private in DEN and never participated in any actual raids. If the only evidence that Texasa used predator is his confession, I ask that his penalty be dismissed. In that confession, he had a confused idea of what predator was, thinking that it was related to NS++.
Thank you for your consideration. I hope this is resolved in the fairest possible way.

Note: This appeal was written by a third-party.

Luxdonia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:39 pm

Pro Life Nation wrote:As I currently understand the situation, Texasa did have Predator on his computer at one point but never ran the program. He was only a private in DEN and never participated in any actual raids. If the only evidence that Texasa used predator is his confession, I ask that his penalty be dismissed. In that confession, he had a confused idea of what predator was, thinking that it was related to NS++.
Thank you for your consideration. I hope this is resolved in the fairest possible way.

Do you have nay idea how Texasa managed to get his hands on Predator?
The Kingdom of Luxdonia
The Chief Administrator and Executive Councillor of Archmont
Join the Archmont Discord server!

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:50 pm

Ovybia wrote:I will be posting the final appeal here when it is ready for submission.

Pro Life Nation wrote:As I currently understand the situation, Texasa did have Predator on his computer at one point but never ran the program. He was only a private in DEN and never participated in any actual raids. If the only evidence that Texasa used predator is his confession, I ask that his penalty be dismissed. In that confession, he had a confused idea of what predator was, thinking that it was related to NS++.

Please tell me this is not that product of two weeks' work. Please?
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

General Knot
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby General Knot » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:52 pm

Pro Life Nation wrote:As I currently understand the situation, Texasa did have Predator on his computer at one point but never ran the program... If the only evidence that Texasa used predator is his confession...

You assert that Texasa did have Predator on his computer but then ask for his penalty to be dismissed if the only evidence Moderation has is his confession. Either you're hiding hard evidence, such as screenshots, that prove your "assertion" (which would put Right to Life in jeopardy of interfering with investigation), or you still don't understand the situation. For some reason, I'm thinking it's the latter. Is this really the result of two weeks of deliberation?
General of the DEN
History will record the DEN as the most notorious, well-organized, and well-disciplined raider army ever to grace the battlefield.

Former Delegate of The West Pacific
World Assembly Resolution Author x4

Gest II
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 02, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gest II » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:04 pm

General Knot wrote:
Pro Life Nation wrote:As I currently understand the situation, Texasa did have Predator on his computer at one point but never ran the program... If the only evidence that Texasa used predator is his confession...

You assert that Texasa

He is Texasa. At this stage he's better of rolling with the statement that he and his people have crafted for him. Submit your appeal. If there are followups confer with your "counsel".
Last edited by Gest II on Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:09 pm

Lying will only set back your cause.
Last edited by We Are Not the NSA on Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

Armed Citizens
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 21, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Armed Citizens » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:19 pm

We Are Not the NSA wrote:

Lying will will only set back your cause.
written by someone else =/= posted by someone else

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:24 pm

Armed Citizens wrote:
written by someone else =/= posted by someone else

:p Yeah, I misinterpreted what that line meant, my bad.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

Ovybia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovybia » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:35 pm

Texasa, we were not finished drafting it. CD wanted to look over it first. He knows more about the situation than I do

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Please tell me this is not that product of two weeks' work. Please?

I have real world problems, just like everyone else. I've been off NS for the past 3 days and before that I was off for another 3 days. You need to stop this. As for the appeal, I finished writing my version over a week ago and I'm waiting on CD and Texasa.
Last edited by Ovybia on Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please approve Child Destruction Ban. If you don't, the Ovybian dragon will come eat you.
Prolife? Consider joining Right to Life, one of the 100 largest regions of NS
Signature Details
Practicing courteousness in an NS argument never hurt anyone.
Disclaimer: Admittedly sometimes I need to take my own advice.

Christian Democrats
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 29, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:34 pm

I'm waiting on UM. I just promised to reconcile your draft and his once both of you are finished conversing with Texasa.
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)^
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)
GA#468: Prohibit Private Prisons (57%)^

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

Guy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Guy » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:45 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Ovybia wrote:I will be posting the final appeal here when it is ready for submission.

Please tell me this is not that product of two weeks' work. Please?

Agreed.

I don't think the onus was ever on RTL to write any appeal at all, but once you've taken on the job, this is a pathetic attempt.

I'm happy to read that CD says it is not final.
Last edited by Guy on Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander of the Rejected Realms Army

[violet] wrote:Never underestimate the ability of admin to do nothing.

Lalaq
Secretary

Founded: Feb 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lalaq » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:36 pm

Gest II wrote:
Pro Life Nation wrote:Texasa Is innocent, His Puppet Boscovs Was the menace behind this.

I don't know Texasa but I'm pretty sure he is being railroaded since his conviction is likely based on him being reported for what he said in this forum: http://w11.zetaboards.com/NS_Right_to_Life

"I am Used to their Tool Known as Predator, In which produces multiple puppets at once, 1 of which is a WA puppet."

Someone who made such a statement clearly has no actual idea what it does and it would be foolish to punish someone based on such a fantastical confession.

I'd bet money he was talking about making puppets using NS++ which he confused into Predator, and then he was asked to confess.

According to this, I'm going to assume that if I claim that a nation that I create was in DEN and used Predator by confessing on any forum linked to NationStates, like:

"I'm ______, and I was in DEN. I used Predator but made sure no one knew."

then, action would be taken and I would be punished. If someone disagrees with me, I would like to see them follow these steps:

-Refound/get a nation that you've had in DEN/can claim to have been in DEN;
-Go to an offsite forum related to NationStates or a forum on NationStates and 'confess' that you've used Predator during your time with DEN.

If you don't get punished, then I'm wrong.

I wonder if this will result in an increase of Predator 'confessions'... how will the Moderators know who's saying the truth or not? Will they punish them all? some? none?
Resident of the South Pacific.
Also known as La Navasse, (formerly) Aimdar-Goomdar, and Vuori Kunin-Grrs.

Pro Life Nation
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Pro Life Nation » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:32 pm

Found My Puppet's Account on DEN's off-site forum! Boscov's is convicted! Texasa is innocent! Boscov's is Texasa's Puppet! http://w11.zetaboards.com/DEN/profile/4181155/

Tom Vasentius HYDRA
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tom Vasentius HYDRA » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:35 pm

wat
Former Director of HYDRA Command

Ovybia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovybia » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:48 pm

Pro Life Nation wrote:Found My Puppet's Account on DEN's off-site forum! Boscov's is convicted! Texasa is innocent! Boscov's is Texasa's Puppet! http://w11.zetaboards.com/DEN/profile/4181155/

Texasa, please don't post until we are ready to submit your appeal.

I have asked CD to speed up the appeal writing process. I realize this taking way too long.
Please approve Child Destruction Ban. If you don't, the Ovybian dragon will come eat you.
Prolife? Consider joining Right to Life, one of the 100 largest regions of NS
Signature Details
Practicing courteousness in an NS argument never hurt anyone.
Disclaimer: Admittedly sometimes I need to take my own advice.

Guy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Guy » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:13 pm

Pro Life Nation wrote:Found My Puppet's Account on DEN's off-site forum! Boscov's is convicted! Texasa is innocent! Boscov's is Texasa's Puppet! http://w11.zetaboards.com/DEN/profile/4181155/

You realise that it doesn't matter which puppet of yours was on the DEN forum, so long as it was one of your puppets?

Honestly since you appear to want this punishment so much, even confessing to something you didn't do, for attention or otherwise, maybe we should just let you have it?
Commander of the Rejected Realms Army

[violet] wrote:Never underestimate the ability of admin to do nothing.

Pro Life Nation
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Pro Life Nation » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:57 am

Guy wrote:

You realise that it doesn't matter which puppet of yours was on the DEN forum, so long as it was one of your puppets?

Honestly since you appear to want this punishment so much, even confessing to something you didn't do, for attention or otherwise, maybe we should just let you have it?

Well,That's not true, Texasa Was never in Den, (look at my nation's history) But Boscov's was.

Kshrlmnt
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 06, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kshrlmnt » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:08 am

Pro Life Nation wrote:
Guy wrote:You realise that it doesn't matter which puppet of yours was on the DEN forum, so long as it was one of your puppets?

Well,That's not true, Texasa Was never in Den, (look at my nation's history) But Boscov's was.

Clarify, please. Are Texasa and Boscov separate players or separate puppets of the same player?
Elindra Kshrlmnt Dion Diablessa
Lady of Loquacity and Archempress of Unknown

Mistress of the lolcats, Secretary of NS Disney, Author of Ask Ellie, Victim of the illustrious Flag Thief, Member of PETI
She whose name can too be pronounced

Koth - Last Monday at 9:38 AM
I get sad when I offend elindra because I don't intend to yet I will do absolutely nothing to prevent it

Leafish
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Leafish » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:14 am

Pro Life Nation wrote:
Guy wrote:You realise that it doesn't matter which puppet of yours was on the DEN forum, so long as it was one of your puppets?

Boscov is a puppet of yours, yes?
If so, which account's name you used when joining Den hardly matters, as far as innocence or guilt goes, since it's still the same person behind it.
For example, let's say I decided to create a new account for myself, under the name of, say, 'Raiders are lame'. Now, let's say I was to post spammy messages on someone's RMB, or the like. The fact that the deed happened under another name is by no means a writ of innocence on my part, regardless of whether it was under my usual name or not.

Now. This might be pure conjecture and overinterpretation, but I'd guess that, since the Den joining happened under the name of Boscov, you'd have preferred that, if any of your nations had been deleted over the Predator admission, it'd have been that one, rather than Texasa?
To put it shortly, it's unlikely to happen, since, if I'm not mistaken, Texasa was your main account.
~Leafy

Sygian II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian II » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:00 am

Leafish wrote:'Raiders are lame'.

Nuuuuuuuuuuu :o
Benevolent Thomas wrote:The Black Hawks continue to be the largest and most successful invader organization in NationStates

Maj. Sygian

Council Advisor of The Black Hawks

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:06 am

Leafish wrote:
Pro Life Nation wrote:Well,That's not true, Texasa Was never in Den, (look at my nation's history) But Boscov's was.

If so, which account's name you used when joining Den hardly matters, as far as innocence or guilt goes, since it's still the same person behind it.
For example, let's say I decided to create a new account for myself, under the name of, say, 'Raiders are lame'. Now, let's say I was to post spammy messages on someone's RMB, or the like. The fact that the deed happened under another name is by no means a writ of innocence on my part, regardless of whether it was under my usual name or not.

Now. This might be pure conjecture and overinterpretation, but I'd guess that, since the Den joining happened under the name of Boscov, you'd have preferred that, if any of your nations had been deleted over the Predator admission, it'd have been that one, rather than Texasa?
To put it shortly, it's unlikely to happen, since, if I'm not mistaken, Texasa was your main account.

However, the mods generally delete the offending puppet on the first DEATable offence, then the puppet and the main, pupetsweep, DOS.
See You Space Cowboy...

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:15 am

Drasnia wrote:
Leafish wrote:

However, the mods generally delete the offending puppet on the first DEATable offence, then the puppet and the main, pupetsweep, DOS.

It's a special circumstance, what with him using Predator and all.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay