NATION

PASSWORD

Illegal Script Usage "Predator": Punishments

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zacherie
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Zacherie » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:58 pm

Of crazed wrote:The mods are biased and embarrassingly terrible.

Please, let's not make this another 'we hate the mods' thread.

Of crazed wrote:On top of it, every raider who sat in silence and gave me a half baked "I feel bad for OC" is a coward and extra for people and groups who actually used predator and didn't have the stones to say anything.

What do you want them to do? Speak up to a moderation staff that has (so far) not responded to any of their concerns? The mods have enough on their hands already without the raider mob coming out with pitchforks, and that would just make it worse.
Last edited by Zacherie on Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WELCOME TO THE JUNTA BABY~!
Frisbeeteria wrote:This is spam hackery.

I'm Vleerian

Of crazed
Envoy

Founded: Mar 13, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Of crazed » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:09 am

Zacherie wrote:
Of crazed wrote:The mods are biased and embarrassingly terrible.

Please, let's not make this another 'we hate the mods' thread.

Why not? I don't trust the moderators at all. An organization that I have contributed to for a decade has been declared a continuation of The Black Riders, even though it has a decade of history before that. The branding for my organization has been banned, no further regions related is allowed to be created. I'll ignore the lack of logic of the banning the branding of TBR would have never prevented them from organizing in DEN, therefore it makes no sense to do this.

How can you think moderation is anything but biased when they delete raider control regions no questions asked and are radio silent about it for a month. And leave the defender held regions violating the same basic premise alone for the same period of time. I'll ignore the fact that Sedge and CG have taken personal in game action against me in the capacity as moderators, because I have no problem with moderators taking in game actions. I do have a problem with the same moderators then making unprecedented, illogical, biased moderator rulings that punish me and my friends I knew in DEN who never heard of predator. They play this terrible game where they pretend like their personal opinions don't impact their ability to be impartial by saying they are now acting as a different role.
Last edited by Of crazed on Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:17 am

Personally I prefer having CG and Sedge dealing with this, better than one of the mods who dislike R/D in general. We possibly wouldn't be arguing about DEN but the whole removal of R/D.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

YoriZ
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby YoriZ » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:54 am

In general, I do not like punishments at all.
However, this is a case where the chickens have come home to roost.
I believe this was a very difficult ruling to make and I think the moderators did a fairly good job of thinking out a workable solution.
I wonder wether the same mistakes will be made over again by raiders.
I hope new game mechanics will be instated to level the playing field of R/D a bit more (see summit).
Next to the punishments, I would like to make reparations a part of the debate.
Ⓐrtists, not Ⓐrmies! >>>>>>> Join Anarchy

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:14 pm

YoriZ wrote:In general, I do not like punishments at all.
However, this is a case where the chickens have come home to roost.
I believe this was a very difficult ruling to make and I think the moderators did a fairly good job of thinking out a workable solution.
I wonder wether the same mistakes will be made over again by raiders.
I hope new game mechanics will be instated to level the playing field of R/D a bit more (see summit).
Next to the punishments, I would like to make reparations a part of the debate.

Reparations?
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:54 pm

We Are Not the NSA wrote:
YoriZ wrote:Next to the punishments, I would like to make reparations a part of the debate.

Reparations?

Beyond the individual punishments, the complete and permanent destruction of two regions, the foreseeable annihilation of DEN as an organization to include uninvolved non-Predator versions, the banning of "successors organizations" for both DEN and Cimmeria, the ending of all occupations conducted by those two groups, and the considerable black spot this entire affair put on Gameplay, you've also got a metric shitton of regions, previous refounded by DEN, that were returned to players that stepped forward to claim them.

What else do you want? Flowers, candy, and a year's subscription to Netflix?
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:09 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:
We Are Not the NSA wrote:Reparations?

Beyond the individual punishments, the complete and permanent destruction of two regions, the foreseeable annihilation of DEN as an organization to include uninvolved non-Predator versions, the banning of "successors organizations" for both DEN and Cimmeria, the ending of all occupations conducted by those two groups, and the considerable black spot this entire affair put on Gameplay, you've also got a metric shitton of regions, previous refounded by DEN, that were returned to players that stepped forward to claim them.

My thoughts exactly. We don't have anything to give as reparations.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:37 pm

Raiders in this topic (and other gameplayers, because you'll understand what I'm on about too), gather round. Team meeting. Group huddle.

You don't have to reply to every native that shows up with a crackpot idea.

95 block
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby 95 block » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:50 pm

Of crazed wrote:
Why not? I don't trust the moderators at all. An organization that I have contributed to for a decade has been declared a continuation of The Black Riders, even though it has a decade of history before that. The branding for my organization has been banned, no further regions related is allowed to be created. I'll ignore the lack of logic of the banning the branding of TBR would have never prevented them from organizing in DEN, therefore it makes no sense to do this.

How can you think moderation is anything but biased when they delete raider control regions no questions asked and are radio silent about it for a month. And leave the defender held regions violating the same basic premise alone for the same period of time. I'll ignore the fact that Sedge and CG have taken personal in game action against me in the capacity as moderators, because I have no problem with moderators taking in game actions. I do have a problem with the same moderators then making unprecedented, illogical, biased moderator rulings that punish me and my friends I knew in DEN who never heard of predator. They play this terrible game where they pretend like their personal opinions don't impact their ability to be impartial by saying they are now acting as a different role.

I feel so much this. My heart goes out to you OC.

YoriZ
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby YoriZ » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:12 am

Evil Wolf wrote:
We Are Not the NSA wrote:Reparations?

Flowers: check,
Candy: check,
Netflix: check.

Time to implement the custodian :)
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=259000#p16285162
That would do as a reparation.
Ⓐrtists, not Ⓐrmies! >>>>>>> Join Anarchy

Flanderlion
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:18 am

YoriZ wrote:
Evil Wolf wrote:

Flowers: check,
Candy: check,
Netflix: check.

Time to implement the custodian :)

I don't think tech features should be balanced around payback, more about having a level playing field. Custodian wouldn't really work at this time, as there isn't a great number of viable founderless regions atm. - also, I thought the whole Estimated Update Times was the punishment to organised raiderdom to the advantage of native raiders? Although Estimated Update Times are certainly taking a while.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Belgium fighters
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 03, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Belgium fighters » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:34 am

Crazy girl wrote:Hello, everyone.

I am your mod messenger of the day, and I am here to inform you of the decisions of the Team regarding DEN regions:

Any questions, please fill in a form and we'll get back to you when the coffee machine has had a proper refill.

Thank you!

A sad day...

I 100% agree with OC. He has devoted even more time into DEN then I have and even I feel like a commie traitor being wiped out of existence and history by Stalin himself...

Guy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Guy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:37 am

• Evil Wolf's region "The DEN" has been allowed to be re-founded, albeit with the capitalisation changed to "The Den".
  • The creation of DEN-themed/successor regions remains prohibited; we will review this again later this year.

Presumably if a DEN-themed region operates out of "The Den" it will be deleted?
Last edited by Guy on Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander of the Rejected Realms Army

[violet] wrote:Never underestimate the ability of admin to do nothing.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:38 am

Yes.

Kuskelherria
Political Columnist

Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kuskelherria » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:47 am

Of crazed wrote:. . .<snip> . . . I do have a problem with the same moderators then making unprecedented, illogical, biased moderator rulings that punish me and my friends I knew in DEN who never heard of predator. They play this terrible game where they pretend like their personal opinions don't impact their ability to be impartial by saying they are now acting as a different role.
What a bunch of whiners you raider types have turned out to be. Those of us who joined the game to navel gaze and work on our WA categories are :clap: the Mods. This is the first time in months that one of my regions which has an absent founder has been left in peace and I am really happy about that. Thank you, Sedge and CG and all the Mods who worked on this :bow: :bow: :bow: . Rs think it's so much fun to mess up others' regions. But when it's your region and your nation affected you are so upset.

It's a done deal. Think of it as a raid and move on.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:30 am

I am your mod messenger of the day, and I am here to inform you of the decisions of the Team regarding DEN regions:

Any questions, please fill in a form and we'll get back to you when the coffee machine has had a proper refill.

Thank you!

Seems like the ideal response.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Of crazed
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Of crazed » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:50 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:Personally I prefer having CG and Sedge dealing with this, better than one of the mods who dislike R/D in general. We possibly wouldn't be arguing about DEN but the whole removal of R/D.

Everyone who isn't punished without breaking any rules is happy. I am not happy. It's very clear from Sedge's postings that the time line of the DEN he presented to the moderation team is total garbage.

Banning DEN branding will not prevent cheating. The DEN is not TBR. It never has and never will be. The only people who make this case are people who want to get rid of DEN while they can.

If the mods banned TBR branding, it would not have prevented the cheating that happened in DEN. So how again is banning future DEN regions and DEN branding stopping cheating? It's Donald Trump Moderation. This isn't a solution, but looking tough is more important than a fair punishment.

Of crazed
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Of crazed » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:54 am

Kuskelherria wrote:
Of crazed wrote:. . .<snip> . . . I do have a problem with the same moderators then making unprecedented, illogical, biased moderator rulings that punish me and my friends I knew in DEN who never heard of predator. They play this terrible game where they pretend like their personal opinions don't impact their ability to be impartial by saying they are now acting as a different role.
What a bunch of whiners you raider types have turned out to be. Those of us who joined the game to navel gaze and work on our WA categories are :clap: the Mods. This is the first time in months that one of my regions which has an absent founder has been left in peace and I am really happy about that. Thank you, Sedge and CG and all the Mods who worked on this :bow: :bow: :bow: . Rs think it's so much fun to mess up others' regions. But when it's your region and your nation affected you are so upset.

I'm sorry you can't take care of your own region without the mods holding your hand.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:23 am

YoriZ wrote:Time to implement the custodian :)

You mean the InstaWin (™) proposal? Yeah, that's a great idea...if you want to see an explosion in tag raids and the few remaining non-tags be even more destructive.

That idea actively discourages Crashers from wanting to hold regions for more than a few days, which means raiders are more likely to tag. It also means that the traditional raider groups that do want to hold regions have a very, very limited amount of time before an InstaWin (™) proposal is passed against them, something they can't fight against no matter how clever or resourceful they are. So, in order make a bigger impact on the regions they capture, the few remaining traditional raiders will likely be forced to attempting refounds, and done as quickly as possible, which will either end in a successful refound or a tremendous amount of destruction to the target. This would be the only way to achieve anything even close to a meaningful victory under the god-modding monstrosity that is the InstaWin (™) proposal system.

Hey, if I'm dropping 25-45+ troopers on a region only to see my well deserved victory stolen from me a few days later by the InstaWin (™), I'm going to attempt to refound the region in order to deny my enemies their victory. It's only natural.

But I'm sure this is a good "reparation" idea.
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Guy
Ambassador

Postby Guy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:47 am

If you can refound, that means that you're able to kick out the custodian, and hence their ability to impact must be minimal, as they would not have too much influence themselves...

Basically, you're grossly overstating the impact of this.

Guy
Ambassador

Postby Guy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:48 am

Of crazed wrote:
Kuskelherria wrote:What a bunch of whiners you raider types have turned out to be. Those of us who joined the game to navel gaze and work on our WA categories are :clap: the Mods. This is the first time in months that one of my regions which has an absent founder has been left in peace and I am really happy about that. Thank you, Sedge and CG and all the Mods who worked on this :bow: :bow: :bow: . Rs think it's so much fun to mess up others' regions. But when it's your region and your nation affected you are so upset.

I'm sorry you can't take care of your own region without the mods holding your hand.

I'm sorry you don't have a region anymore :rofl:

I'm sorry you can't help yourself but be an asshole.
Last edited by Guy on Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:52 am

Guy wrote:
Of crazed wrote:

Now now Guy, no need for the name calling. There's no reason we can't be civil. *eats apple*
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:53 am

It has been brought to our attention that Knot II has been serving as a Regional Officer in HYDRA Command's occupation of Russia, using Border Control powers to eject nations attempting to liberate the region. This goes completely against the intent of the punishments handed out to players for Predator involvement, which was to ban them from any in-game involvement with invasions.

Knot II's puppet Tristiania has been dismissed as an Officer. Any of the players currently under a WA ban for Predator involvement should not serve as Regional Officers outside their home regions for the duration of their ban. Any that are currently violating this should submit a GHR immediately so that we can mod-dismiss them, and should not use their RO powers in the meantime.

The OP of this thread is to be edited to include this.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:54 am

Guy wrote:
Of crazed wrote:

*** 1 day ban for flaming. *** That was totally unnecessary.

General Knot
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby General Knot » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:56 am

Sedgistan wrote:The OP of this thread is to be edited to include this.

Thanks for the clarification. I guess defenders will have to wait another two months until spring.
General of the DEN
History will record the DEN as the most notorious, well-organized, and well-disciplined raider army ever to grace the battlefield.

Former Delegate of The West Pacific
World Assembly Resolution Author x4

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay