NATION

PASSWORD

Grand Central

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Soames
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Soames » Mon May 30, 2016 2:47 pm

Queen Yuno wrote:(Also I don't know where this came from, but Soames isn't Nuke. A random guy, more like. Can confirm.

Preliminary reports indicate it came right out of Ravenclaw's avian rectum.

Havenburgh
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Havenburgh » Mon May 30, 2016 2:48 pm

Even though I am not in the region can I post here? You guys seem like a interesting bunch. :)

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Mon May 30, 2016 2:50 pm

Havenburgh wrote:Even though I am not in the region can I post here? You guys seem like a interesting bunch. :)

no such thing as closed threads in gameplay, so yes.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

95 block
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby 95 block » Mon May 30, 2016 2:58 pm

Lmao, if you can get PTSD from what someone says on the Internet then that's a slap in the face to our soldiers that actually get it from going to war.
Last edited by 95 block on Mon May 30, 2016 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Mon May 30, 2016 3:03 pm

%@$&@^!%T#!$^Y$@! YOU MORON HEARTLESS$
Last edited by Queen Yuno on Mon May 30, 2016 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon May 30, 2016 3:05 pm

95 block wrote:
Soames wrote:
If you're insinuating that I'm the same user as Nuke, we can get that checked out by the moderation staff, and then you'll owe me an apology. So unless you want be severely humbled within the next week, I'd get back on track.

Lmao, if you can get PTSD from what someone says on the Internet then that's a slap in the face to our soldiers that actually get it from going to war.

The DSM-V says that's utter bullshit. I'm from a military family and I'll be the first to say War's not the only thing that can fuck you up.

As to the specific definition of an intensely stressful event, DSM-5 retains the prior description of “threatened death, serious injury” and adds “sexual violence.” Whereas the text in DSM-IV-TR limits the description of sexual trauma to “sexual assault” (Ref. 6, p 463), DSM-5 presents a wide-ranging set of examples of sexual violence (“e.g., forced sexual penetration, alcohol/drug-facilitated sexual penetration, abusive sexual contact, noncontact sexual abuse, sexual trafficking”) (Ref. 1, p 274). The Manual does not provide further detail to operationalize “abusive sexual contact” or “noncontact sexual abuse.” Further, examples of traumatic events provided in the text (i.e., “being kidnapped, being taken hostage, terrorist attack, torture . . . ”) (Ref. 1, p 274) stand in contrast to the formulation of sexual violence, complicating efforts to define an intensely stressful or watershed event clearly. Despite this increased range of qualifying events, the DSM-5 authors cite the earlier formulation by the DSM-IV-TR Work Group that elimination of A1 (threats to life or severe injury) could lead to “widespread and frivolous use” of the PTSD concept (Ref. 5, p 754). This caveat suggests that the decision to retain A1 was based on both scientific arguments and a desire to protect the integrity of the diagnosis, possibly with an eye toward the use of the diagnosis in forensic settings. Nevertheless, the inclusion of the vague term noncontact sexual abuse may, in fact, threaten the integrity of PTSD.

Regarding direct versus indirect exposure to the stressor, available research indicates that direct exposures predict more serious symptoms.13 DSM-5 maintains the primacy of direct exposure, listing both “directly experienced” (A1) or “witnessed” (A2). That said, a growing body of research indicates
that indirect exposure, such as learning about homicide; physical or sexual assault; or traumatic death in combat, disaster, or terrorism occurring to a loved one can precipitate PTSD symptoms.5 As a result, in DSM-5, “learning” was moved from its prior position in the text of DSM-IV-TR (Ref. 6, p 463) into the criteria set as A3, substituting it for the phrase “confronted with” which was part of DSM-IV-TR A1.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Mon May 30, 2016 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

General Knot
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby General Knot » Mon May 30, 2016 3:06 pm

By all means discuss, but is the flaming really necessary?
General of the DEN
History will record the DEN as the most notorious, well-organized, and well-disciplined raider army ever to grace the battlefield.

Former Delegate of The West Pacific
World Assembly Resolution Author x4

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon May 30, 2016 3:09 pm

95 block wrote:Lmao, if you can get PTSD from what someone says on the Internet then that's a slap in the face to our soldiers that actually get it from going to war.

Cyberbullying/cyberharassment is medically proven to cause PTSD. That fact is not a slap in the face to any soldier I know of, and I live in a city whose economy entirely depends on the military base nearby.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Saq
Lobbyist

Founded: May 20, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Saq » Mon May 30, 2016 3:14 pm

It's called post-traumatic stress disorder, and every kind of trauma can cause it. Abuse of all forms bring it to life, not just war. It's the most stressful thing in the world, and has broken millions of people, but it's not the only traumatic thing in the world, 94.

Tano
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tano » Mon May 30, 2016 3:37 pm

95 block wrote:Lmao, if you can get PTSD from what someone says on the Internet then that's a slap in the face to our soldiers that actually get it from going to war.

Because obviously the only form of trauma (post traumatic stress disorder) is from war. PTSD happens to people other than soldiers.
Tano Holland
Govindia: Do you consider me a friend, or just an acquaintance or what?
hobbes: I don't particularly consider anyone a true 'friend'
hobbes: at least,not on NS
Govindia: why is that?
hobbes: because
hobbes: everyone here is a jackass
hobbes: myself included

Pixie: *heart sploosh*
Tano: if your heart is splooshing you should contact a doctor
Tano: hearts are supposed to thump not sploosh
Pixie: No this is normal
Pixie: intense emotion causes me to hemorrage internally
Pixie: my life is like a really depressing comedic episode of The X-Files

Khron: we need an achievment of rem's face just for Tano
Pixie: haha
Pixie: "be Tano"

Brunhilde: My quotes should be in more signatures.

Also known as Takane or Terisclu

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Mon May 30, 2016 4:43 pm

Hey all -

Tempers seem to be rising here, and this thread probably needs a trawl. However, as the individual that did most of the work on the recent Women & NationStates Symposium ... I'm probably not the most unbiased person to do said trawl.

I'm locking this thread in the interim, however, and hoping to flag down a colleague to take point on this. Do not repost/reopen this thread in the interim.

-Mousebumples, Game Moderator

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:11 pm

Thread trawl complete. On review, we've decided to hand out the following punishments:

Benevolent Thomas wrote:All kinds of people indeed, even known deviants like Nuke.

Calling another player, regardless of their actions, a "deviant" is not appropriate. *** Warned for flaming. ***

Ridersyl wrote:Since when did I imply I care about 95? To be clear, I don't. And I don't have the best interests of your region itself at heart. Again, Grand Central needs to die.

I want to see all the players suffering through stress and drama because of 95's bullshit leave the region and find a better place to hang out. Clearly you, "Soames", want to stick around, so you can just have fun with Feuer and Block.

Ridersyl wrote:"excellent region"
:rofl:
Yeah, you're one step away from "welcoming" DoS members into your group. If that's your idea of excellence, then I have a terrible idea. Grand Central dead.

Ridersyl wrote:
95 block wrote:This is the internet. Nothing is important or serious. It's a shame the NS community is so unreasonably unforgiving. NS is a tool in which SJWs and people with disorders come to fight with each other through it seems, by the looks of the last few pages of this chat.

'People with disorders'. Huh. I wonder who that's directed at.
I'd rather have all these disorders than have your mind.
<snip>
Soames wrote:
World's smallest violin.

Ignorance in its purest form.

Calling for the end of a region on its own is not actionable; what makes it so in this case is the choice of language. Your last post is also flamebaiting. Given your record, *** 3 day forumban for flaming. ***

Soames wrote:
Cormactopia II wrote:There is a virus in your region

It's you.

Soames wrote:
Lord Ravenclaw wrote:Let me state: I am utterly livid that Kemi has had to suffer needlessly because of the insensitivity of at least one other person who did not stop to think of the consequences of his actions before inviting and allowing two known people who should not have been allowed within a thousand metres of her onto what should have been a safe space.

I do not care how Grand Central addresses this, only that something is done to make it bloody well clear to those responsible that this sort of behaviour is not on. There was a bloody conference held by Mousebumples recently that dedicated a seminar to the prevention and protection of women from sexual harassment in NationStates, and although the discussion did get onto equal protection for all genders, it is utterly and completely astounding - not the good kind - that mere weeks after this well publicised event ended that this is happening.

Kemi is a dear friend of mine, and I have done my best at times, as has Cormac and numerous others in this thread to support her through the horrific experiences she's had to suffer through. The fact that anyone can be so callous and inconsiderate to have caused her to suffer sickens me to the core.

World's smallest violin.

Soames wrote:Have you stopped beating your wife?

Soames wrote:
Lord Ravenclaw wrote:Thank you. It took a lot of counselling sessions for me to admit what an utterly horrible individual I was to victimise an innocent person, but I can admit that. We now live thousands of miles away from the other and are happily separated.

I was just trying to make a point. I had no clue you were a real life abuser. This makes our conversation all the more ironic.

'tis a pity that others do not have the testicular fortitude to do the same.

Maybe you should go talk to them about that then.

Soames wrote:
Queen Yuno wrote:(Also I don't know where this came from, but Soames isn't Nuke. A random guy, more like. Can confirm.

Preliminary reports indicate it came right out of Ravenclaw's avian rectum.

Given you've racked up quite a record in recent months, this flamebaiting gets you *** 1 week ban for flamebaiting + a puppetsweep. ***

Lord Ravenclaw wrote:
Soames wrote:
I admit it was a real tear-jerker of a post, but we weren't going to let them harass anybody and stay in our region.

No, Nuke?

You should be more careful about making accusations like this. You were entirely incorrect here.

Queen Yuno wrote:Soames, shut the fuck up. I can't believe you all are fighting. People who are otherwise decent people. This is bullshit. Don't waste your time here. Those creeps are gone, Kemi is gone, more people are gone. No more. We've lost dear friends and you're here fighting foreign randos? -.-"

(Also I don't know where this came from, but Soames isn't Nuke. A random guy, more like. Can confirm.
...Ravenclaw ignore him pls. You two aren't making things any better.)

This place, you people, are friggin' stressful. Just stop fighting. It's over. Dead horses don't revive. Things better change or I won't last long here either.

~Yuno

Queen Yuno wrote:%@$&@^!%T#!$^Y$@! YOU MORON HEARTLESS$

Clear flaming. Your record is fairly clean, so hopefully this is not the start of a pattern of behaviour. *** Warned for flaming. ***

95 block wrote:This is the internet. Nothing is important or serious. It's a shame the NS community is so unreasonably unforgiving. NS is a tool in which SJWs and people with disorders come to fight with each other through it seems, by the looks of the last few pages of this chat.

Grand Central is a welcoming region that believes in our law and second chances. I'll leave it at that.

95 block wrote:Grand Central isn't drama central. Funny coming from someone in Osiris that causes drama no matter where you are. I'm glad you found some mates that will stick by you no matter what you do. ;)

Grand Central sticks by those they accept which is everyone, unless given a reason by them not to. We truly will be the most welcoming region in Nationstates, and that is what is going to make us better than our critics.

(underlining is mine) You've already seen your WA ban increased from 3 to 6 months recently due to your flaming/baiting. Given your continued trolling quoted above, *** your WA ban is extended to 12 months, we're puppetsweeping you, and you'll be DOSed on your next offence. ***

This thread will remain locked. Grand Central can ask us in a week for permission to post a new thread for their region. If members of their region have behaved in the meantime, we will grant that request.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay