NATION

PASSWORD

00000 A World Power

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Govindia
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 18, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Govindia » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:03 pm

Numero Capitan wrote:
Solorni wrote:Durk for President of AWP!

Yeah whatever. I'll get it done

I'm assuming this is his nation... The Best Nation On Here

Hey Numero, are you then allowing external influences to dictate whether or not, I, a loyal member of the region, gets citizenship? It sure comes off as you listening to Cormac, and not having a backbone.

I hope you and I Numero, can come to a reasonable resolution as mature adults and not someone who passive aggressively ignores people he dislikes in a disrespectful manner.

Ayvari
Envoy

Founded: Jul 27, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Ayvari » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:08 pm

Govindia wrote:
Xoriet wrote:You're a shining example of moral excellence, Durkypurky. I shall aspire to achieve your level of benevolence.

You are far to talk, considering what you done far is a sign of ethical or moral behaviour.

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say, but I gathered enough to muster this reply:

If you're still mad over something that ended in 2014, too bad, Govindia. You're old enough to grow up and move past things. We've had this talk, I've sincerely apologized, you repaid me for my transgression with five months of emotional blackmail, and I am well and truly done with it now. If you want to bring up the past, fine by me. But don't expect me to let you continue to try and hold it over my head.
Former/Retired Sergeant ~*~ The Black Hawks ~*~ Also known as Xoriet
Severisen wrote:You literally couldn't have missed the point more, even if you endorsed the native delegate.
Northern Chittowa wrote:If you look at those who have made names for themselves in this game, they are those who have stood up to defenders on an equal footin and actually beaten them on a tactical level...Those are the ones who will be remembered and indeed revered in history.
Syberis Montresor-Isaraider: There should be no distinction between a good raider and a good member of the GP community.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:25 pm

Enough of the baiting.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Numero Capitan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 27, 2007
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Numero Capitan » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:45 pm

Govindia wrote:
Numero Capitan wrote:
Yeah whatever. I'll get it done

I'm assuming this is his nation... The Best Nation On Here

Hey Numero, are you then allowing external influences to dictate whether or not, I, a loyal member of the region, gets citizenship? It sure comes off as you listening to Cormac, and not having a backbone.

I hope you and I Numero, can come to a reasonable resolution as mature adults and not someone who passive aggressively ignores people he dislikes in a disrespectful manner.

No, you didn't meet the citizenship requirements on your application, are now spamming our RMB and embassy with matters that I've already said will only be discussed in the appropriate forum and are now attacking me in the deluded hope that will somehow make me warm to your requests. I'll repeat again, this matter will only be dealt with on our regional forum in consultation with the Citzens Assembly. If you bring it up in our embassy or on the RMB again your application will simply be deleted and permanently ignored. If you don't want external influence over it then don't bring it up on here :roll: .
Minister of Defense, 00000 A World Power
Minister of Intelligence, FRA
Potato General
Senator and Attorney General, Europeia
Minister of Security and Minister of Justice, The South Pacific
Minister of War, Fidelia
Royal Council, The Last Kingdom
Crown Prince, Unknown and The Brotherhood of Blood
Delegate, REDACTED
REDACTED and REDACTED, REDACTED
REDACTED, REDACTED REDACTED
REDACTED, dont be nosey

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:39 pm

Govindia wrote:You are far to talk, considering what you done far is a sign of ethical or moral behaviour.

I feel like a fish just told a ferris wheel that it's guilty of swimming...
... Don't judge my metaphors!
Last edited by RiderSyl on Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Plaunia
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Plaunia » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:48 am

Durkadurkiranistan III wrote:You guys need to be more respectful of Gov. Everyone deserves respect. If you don't have anything respectful (and nice) to say, don't say it at all. Gov is just a simple guy living the California/0s_AWP dream providing a life for him and his cat.

If this is supposed to be some form of parody, congratulations on hitting Poe's Law.

If not; you'll learn why people react like this to him.

Durkadurkiranistan III
Attaché

Founded: Oct 24, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Durkadurkiranistan III » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:45 am

Plaunia wrote:
Durkadurkiranistan III wrote:You guys need to be more respectful of Gov. Everyone deserves respect. If you don't have anything respectful (and nice) to say, don't say it at all. Gov is just a simple guy living the California/0s_AWP dream providing a life for him and his cat.

If this is supposed to be some form of parody, congratulations on hitting Poe's Law.

Im new to NS. Can you tell me more about him?

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:41 am

Durkadurkiranistan III wrote:
Plaunia wrote:If this is supposed to be some form of parody, congratulations on hitting Poe's Law.

Im new to NS. Can you tell me more about him?

*** Warned for Flamebaiting ***
Ideological Bulwark #253
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:18 am

How is that flamebaiting?

Icecream Princess
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Icecream Princess » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:19 am

Mall, you used to be cool :(

Sovreignry
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sovreignry » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:57 am

Consular wrote:How is that flamebaiting?

I would imagine because Durk is actually well aware of Gov and is trying to get a response that at the very least toes the line of flaming.
From the desk of
William Chocox Ambassador from The Unitary Kingdom of Sovreignry
Office 50, fifth floor, farthest from the elevator
You're supposed to be employing the arts of diplomacy, not the ruddy great thumping sledgehammers of diplomacy. -Ardchoille
It would be easier just to incorporate a "Grief Region" button, so you wouldn't even need to make the effort to do the actual raiding. Players could just bounce from region to region and destroy everyone else's efforts at will, without even bothering about WA status. Wouldn't that be nice. -Frisbeeteria

Why yes, we are better looking: UDL

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:00 am

^ Can confirm.

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:24 am

Isn't that a tad presumptive? Idk, I thought flame related offences were judged objectively, not based on presumed subjective knowledge.

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:25 am

Sedgistan wrote:^ Can confirm.

:rofl: I love you sometimes, Sedge.
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

Sovreignry
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sovreignry » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:45 am

Consular wrote:Isn't that a tad presumptive? Idk, I thought flame related offences were judged objectively, not based on presumed subjective knowledge.

When dealing with Durk/JAL/whatever his blame is at this moment, you need to develop a strong bullshit meter. He's been around long enough to know who Gov is.
From the desk of
William Chocox Ambassador from The Unitary Kingdom of Sovreignry
Office 50, fifth floor, farthest from the elevator
You're supposed to be employing the arts of diplomacy, not the ruddy great thumping sledgehammers of diplomacy. -Ardchoille
It would be easier just to incorporate a "Grief Region" button, so you wouldn't even need to make the effort to do the actual raiding. Players could just bounce from region to region and destroy everyone else's efforts at will, without even bothering about WA status. Wouldn't that be nice. -Frisbeeteria

Why yes, we are better looking: UDL

Plaunia
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Plaunia » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:29 am

Consular wrote:Isn't that a tad presumptive? Idk, I thought flame related offences were judged objectively, not based on presumed subjective knowledge.

I thought that too, but when speaking about such a disliked person, it is easy for people to say more than they want/mean to.

Numero Capitan
Diplomat

Postby Numero Capitan » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:40 am

A World Power Update: February 2016
We're Back!

In the beginning Neasmyrna created the region and the forum.
Some time shortly after, Falconias turned up.
On the three-thousand, two hundred and thirty seventh day (approx), Numero saw every thing that had been made, and, behold, it was not very good.

To cut a very long story short, 00000 A World Power used to be one of the most significant defender regions around, at its peak between 2007 - 2010. Staunch FRA members, its military was second only to TITO at the time, and the Intel department under Numero Capitan was formidable. After founder Neasmyrna stepped back from the game, the region went into decline, and has been mostly dormant the last few years.

The region is now active again, and re-building!

Recruiting

A recruitment drive has grown the region to 90 nations - the highest in a couple of years. Plans are in place to ensure this growth remains sustainable, so the region doesn't suffer another slump. This growth has been from a mixture of old-timers returning, interested parties joining from abroad, and genuine newcomers moving in.

Government

Numero Capitan has declared himself Supreme Overlord for life, or at least until he can find others willing to take on duties. The newly-reformed Citizens Assembly is expected to set up a transitional government once the region is sufficiently established again and is discussing the future political makeup of the region.

Numero's first Ministerial appointment was Benevolent Thomas who will serve as Minister of the Interior, overseeing the integration of new nations into the region and its government. Benevolent Thomas has chosen to appoint Nat of the Flowers, a new player, as Junior Minister.

Foreign Affairs

AWP has taken the momentous decision to leave the Founderless Regions Alliance after many years of membership. The future direction of the region's foreign affairs is currently being discussed by the Assembly, but is expected to involve reaching out to old friends.

We will soon have our first in-game embassy, with our long-standing friendship with 10000 Islands formally recognised. Some key members have held dual citizenship in both regions (Neasmyrna included), a merger was even considered by AWP at one point in its life and members of 10KI have continued to provide advice and practical support during our rebuilding effort.

Defending

The RDF has been in action around NationStates at update, protecting a number of regions, as well as working to secure the region "A World Power". In recent weeks the RDF have conducted over 40 successful defenses and liberations around NS. With high levels of RDF activity and new nations joining the region daily, Commander Numero Capitan has reinstated the Expeditionary Force which has immediately been put to use conducting detagging missions and supporting the RDF where necessary.

Miscellaneous

The forum has been designed, with a sleek new skin, and a general tidy-up. Wibblefeet has been elected Herald of Rucket Park, so come quickly to impeach him! The RMB sweepstake on how long it'll be until Neas logs in again reached a momentous climax as a wild, slightly drunk looking Neasmyrna ambled onto the RMB and wandered off again, remarkably/suspiciously on the exact date Numero predicted. Murmurings of AWP joining the GRA war against Falconias continue.
Last edited by Numero Capitan on Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Potato General
Minister of War, Fidelia
Delegate, REDACTED
REDACTED, dont be nosey

Numero Capitan
Diplomat

Postby Numero Capitan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:18 pm

AWP RDF promotions

We are pleased to announce more promotions on the back of successful operations across NationStates:

AmericaXLI has been promoted to Command Sergeant Major
Benevolent Thomas has been promoted to First Sergeant
Lord Tothe has been promoted to Command Sergeant Major
Numero Capitan has been promoted to Lieutenant Colonel
Rom has been promoted to Master Sergeant

We also hit 50 successful missions since our relaunch today

Potato General
Minister of War, Fidelia
Delegate, REDACTED
REDACTED, dont be nosey

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:51 pm

Numero Capitan wrote:Benevolent Thomas has been promoted to First Sergeant

Oh, that explains it more.

Any region that BT invests his time in seems to improve
not including The Grey Wardens
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:41 pm

Ridersyl wrote:Any region that BT invests his time in seems to improve
not including The Grey Wardens

The Grey Wardens were an organization, not a region. Not that it wasn't a failure.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Numero Capitan
Diplomat

Postby Numero Capitan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:54 am

8th February - Fifty Successful Missions since our Rebirth
The RDF train continues to run at a wild pace and today we hit 50 successful missions since we began the rebuilding of our region. The RDF's first operation back was only 25 days ago and those few weeks have seen the return of some of our best defenders, and some very good new additions.

Numero Capitan, newly promoted to Lieutenant Colonel, has been delighted with the progress, "it is everything I could have hoped for at this stage and I firmly believe we'll see more of our former members returning and that we have some future leaders currently being trained up within the RDF. This is the absolute best time for new members to get involved and I think we're already getting to a point where we can offer some of the absolute best military training in the game. I'm incredibly grateful for all our hardworking RDF members and everything they contribute."

The Regional Defense Force is a key part of AWP life and has always been feared, revered and respected. Amongst many other achievements it was one of the first, and is still one of only a few, military forces that have simultaneously controlled all the Warzones in the game. The operation, in September 2009 saw dozens of troops participate with the Warzone delegacies held by Ten Stars, Bassyruk, AmericaXLI, Numero Capitan, Alararia and Rucket.

See: http://s3.zetaboards.com/A_World_Power/topic/7844112/1/
Potato General
Minister of War, Fidelia
Delegate, REDACTED
REDACTED, dont be nosey

Numero Capitan
Diplomat

Postby Numero Capitan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:56 am

AWP RDF promotions

Thirteen successful RDF operations in the last 24 hours have led to several more promotions:

The Old Wildlife Pen Pal has been promoted to Corporal
Dyr Nasad has been promoted to Sergeant
Benevolent Thomas has been promoted Command Sergeant Major

Image Image
Potato General
Minister of War, Fidelia
Delegate, REDACTED
REDACTED, dont be nosey

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:57 am

Are these defenses, liberations, detags, or some combination of them?
Ideological Bulwark #253

Numero Capitan
Diplomat

Postby Numero Capitan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:06 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Are these defenses, liberations, detags, or some combination of them?

Combination of all but I've had a quick check of our records and its about a 55%/35%/10% split

The promotions/ranking system is based on a points system that weights liberations more heavily and gives extra credit for those who spot invasions and receive special badges and commendations, if anyone's interested
Last edited by Numero Capitan on Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Potato General
Minister of War, Fidelia
Delegate, REDACTED
REDACTED, dont be nosey

Alustrian
Spokesperson

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Alustrian » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:21 pm

Numero Capitan wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:Are these defenses, liberations, detags, or some combination of them?

Combination of all but I've had a quick check of our records and its about a 55%/35%/10% split

The promotions/ranking system is based on a points system that weights liberations more heavily and gives extra credit for those who spot invasions and receive special badges and commendations, if anyone's interested

The ranking system weights "running to claim your points" very heavily :P
Last edited by Alustrian on Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay