NATION

PASSWORD

The Osiris Fraternal Order

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ultimate Sacrifice
Attaché

Founded: Jun 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ultimate Sacrifice » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:50 pm

Would you say, then, that you could perhaps understand that the motivation behind the coup, no matter the means, may have merit?

Plagentine
Envoy

Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Plagentine » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:04 pm

Ultimate Sacrifice wrote:Would you say, then, that you could perhaps understand that the motivation behind the coup, no matter the means, may have merit?

No i would not. Nothing about this coup is good, and no conclusion it would have can be beneficial to Osiris.
Last edited by Plagentine on Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ultimate Sacrifice
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ultimate Sacrifice » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:17 pm

Plagentine wrote:I doubt anyone has actually wanted for the community to be so torn up, and for something like this to occur. The sooner we are able to begin the healing process, the better.

But right here you said that you doubt anyone wanted this to happen and for something like this to occur. Would that not include the leadership of the Transitional Government? Or do you not include them in this? I didn't ask if you thought the coup was a good thing. I asked if you could empathize with the sentiments that are behind the coup. Do you find no legitimacy in the motivations behind the coup? Not the coup itself. Regardless of how you feel about the coup, is there no understanding of how we got here from there?

What I see from both sides is a severe lack of empathy. Neither side is willing to listen with, work with, or understand the people and their motivations behind their actions. On one hand this is a game and people are taking it way too seriously, and on the other, this is a game with human players behind the screen. I hope no one loses sight of that. The problem with mudslinging is that at the end of the day, everyone is dirty.

Maybe some sort of neutral arbitration can be arranged between the sides. I've seen an offer from the Transitional Government to come to the table, and the refusal of the Government-in-Exile to take a seat. And why should the Transitional Government even bother with discourse at this point? Many from the G-i-E side have already started constructing the gallows.

I think both sides would benefit in trying to understand where the other side was coming from.
Last edited by Ultimate Sacrifice on Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rasanna
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rasanna » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:21 pm

Plagentine wrote:Membership overlapping and spillovers seem to be inevitable it seems. I most certainly will not enjoy my side of the conflict, nor will i enjoy having to battle against certain people simply to retain a lawful state in a region i spent ample time in and care about. This is something that has to be done, however, and i will not shy away from it. I am not happy at all that Osiris has resorted to it's current, sorry state. I doubt anyone has actually wanted for the community to be so torn up, and for something like this to occur. The sooner we are able to begin the healing process, the better.

Ah, yes, it has to be done indeed. And while that happens, we watch the division escalate here. Relationships are going to shatter. Friendships are going to end - badly. People will once again put the game before their friends. This is what happens when an ideological GCR hits conflict. And here we have a great example of ideology and cross-membership creating yet another fiasco for everyone.

The regions scrambling in to say "I support ____!" mean absolutely nothing here in the long run. What can regions who have no stake in the matter do? They waste their time publishing fancy statements and withdrawing embassies. Pretty words and lines of code are not important to the region itself. The chance to offer a cold shoulder to the side least likely to benefit them ultimately is just the plain truth of that.

There is no "victory" for either side in this, ultimately. If Jesus Whale wins, he gets rid of the people he was already convinced the region needed to be liberated from - maybe that's a victory for him, I suppose -, but loses the people who originally created this government they fight for. If Cormac wins, there will doubtless be a grueling, potentially unsuccessful resuscitation of the Osiran community existing hitherto.

Either way, the OFO is losing a great deal, and nobody will really win. "Victory" will be a hollow thing, they'll discover eventually. It's going to be painful watching it.

Cormactopia II
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia II » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:46 pm

Pierconium wrote:The first month is always the hardest. If you make it past week four then kudos to you. Considering the primary nation involved, I somehow doubt it will go the distance.

That said, the Pacific supports the right of the sitting Delegate of a GCR to support whatever government it sees fit within its region. While I am not a fan of the personalities involved, or the fact that the current head of state seems to be a nation other than the sitting Delegate, if Tim supports this action then the Pacific and the Pacific Order will not stand in opposition to the natural progression of authority within Osiris.

One can only hope that the community can learn to stand behind their Delegate and give up the fantasy of offsite democracy since that appears to be what is being supported presently.

Thank you to the Pacific Order for its support.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (3x)

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"And to the contrary, the game is insufferably boring without Cormac's antics" - Sandaoguo (Glen-Rhodes), 22 September 2016

Fest is Best
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Fest is Best » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:46 pm

Ultimate Sacrifice wrote:I'm not saying he doesn't, good sir.

What I am decrying is him on his pedastal preaching the virtues of abiding by the laws and rules when his own history shows he does not do so.

I broke the rules in 2014 when I was a noob and I got DEATed. My record should be spotless throughout 2015 and then we have Predator. I did not know Predator broke any rules. Am I happy with my punishment? Of course not. Who would be? However, this is not about Predator. This is the thread about the OFO. Let's talk about the OFO. If you wish to reply to my statement, talk about the statement itself and not my history.

Ultimate Sacrifice
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ultimate Sacrifice » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Because that fact is why your statement means less. That's why it's been brought up.

Fest is Best
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Fest is Best » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:09 pm

Ultimate Sacrifice wrote:Because that fact is why your statement means less. That's why it's been brought up.

What fact? The facts are simple: I was completely clean throughout 2015 and then we have Predator. I did not intentionally break site rules using Predator. End of story. This does not affect my statement in the slightest.

King Nephmir II
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby King Nephmir II » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:13 pm

A lot of feeder/sinker drama and instability as of late...

Ultimate Sacrifice
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ultimate Sacrifice » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:18 pm

And that attitude is why it does. You can't tell people to behave when you are on thin ice for your own behavior. I'm not sure what's so foreign about that concept. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, no?

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:27 pm

Queen Yuno wrote:
Coraspia wrote:I must say, I find the actions of Jesus whale to be amazingly hypocritical.

Jesus whale is doing, in effect, what he attacked me for (probably quite rightly) in the silver isles: a form of election in which one candidate who knows that he is unlikely to win begins to offer individuals bonuses for voting for them. It is something which hurts the democratic process as it leads to an uneasy cleek of individuals, put together simply by perceived loyalties to one, leading a region, and the better-qualified individuals who may be supporters of another candidate are left without power.
Therefore, I feel that the actions of the transitional government are absolutely warranted. When one individual has so corrupted the democratic process it is not fit for the purpose of assigning the region its best government, it is the duty of experienced members to secure the stability of the region.

I'm just going to say that since he didn't do that for me, I doubt he did that for others (unless they say otherwise). He doesn't seem like that kinda person.

I could discuss what sort of person I think he is for a long time, but I'd end up getting warned, so I won't.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:29 pm

Ultimate Sacrifice wrote:And that attitude is why it does. You can't tell people to behave when you are on thin ice for your own behavior. I'm not sure what's so foreign about that concept. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, no?

I'm sure we've all made mistakes, not least a lot of the people currently on this thread.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Ultimate Sacrifice
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ultimate Sacrifice » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:33 pm

No doubt about it. But that doesn't mean they should be allowed to stand on the moral high ground.

Edit: I'm not saying he's a bad fellow by any stretch of the imagination. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of the situation, that's all. As a raider, he's helped to take over many regions, including either destroying or attempting to destroy regions. But because this was a region he's been in he's crying foul.
Last edited by Ultimate Sacrifice on Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fest is Best
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Fest is Best » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:35 pm

Ultimate Sacrifice wrote:No doubt about it. But that doesn't mean they should be allowed to stand on the moral high ground.

In this case, I would say that I am legally and morally in the right.

Ultimate Sacrifice
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ultimate Sacrifice » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:36 pm

Fest is Best wrote:
Ultimate Sacrifice wrote:No doubt about it. But that doesn't mean they should be allowed to stand on the moral high ground.

How about the regions you've raided? Where do you stand there?

Revall
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Revall » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:40 pm

Ultimate Sacrifice wrote:
Fest is Best wrote:In this case, I would say that I am legally and morally in the right.

How about the regions you've raided? Where do you stand there?

Boo on you!

Raiding isn't right or wrong it just is.
TRE★Noblus Maximus★TRE
Revall Au SilverStorm
Praefect of The Roman Empire
----------------------------------_________☸ Introduce A Little Chaos ☸_________----------------------------------

The artist formerly, now re-coknown as Noblephnx but don't trust anything my sig tells you ITS A BETRAYER OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!

Ultimate Sacrifice
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ultimate Sacrifice » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:41 pm

And coups?

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:42 pm

Ultimate Sacrifice wrote:And coups?

It's just a way of playing the game. That's all gameplay is: one person tries to do something, and others must respond to it. Their isn't really a right or wrong.

Cormactopia II
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia II » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:43 pm

Fest is Best wrote:

Yes, but why would anyone else think so?

It certainly doesn't speak well of the so-called "opposition" that they have so many people currently serving WA bans for post-Halcones DoS Predator use supporting them, especially when two of you -- you and Plagentine -- are so salty toward me because I suggested that you should both face repercussions in both Osiris and The Black Hawks. Of course, full disclosure, Koth was also a Predator user, albeit before Halcones was DoS, and he is on our side. But certainly there are a lot more Predator users on the side of the "opposition," and many of those are the ones who used Predator after Halcones was DoS, who should have known better, and who have basically expressed little or no remorse.

Of course, what really doesn't speak well of the "opposition" is that they appear to have no plan other than puppet flooding Osiris, relentlessly spamming the RMB, etc. If this is what the combined might of a "massive interregional coalition" looks like, we have nothing to worry about. I look forward to you folks recognizing that there is no path for your power grabbing hopes and eventually standing down so we can all move on as a community.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (3x)

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"And to the contrary, the game is insufferably boring without Cormac's antics" - Sandaoguo (Glen-Rhodes), 22 September 2016

Revall
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Revall » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:44 pm

coups are sexy if done right.
TRE★Noblus Maximus★TRE
Revall Au SilverStorm
Praefect of The Roman Empire
----------------------------------_________☸ Introduce A Little Chaos ☸_________----------------------------------

The artist formerly, now re-coknown as Noblephnx but don't trust anything my sig tells you ITS A BETRAYER OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!

The Tomanian Reich
Secretary

Founded: Jan 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tomanian Reich » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:45 pm

Auralia condemns this coup and supports the legitimate government and Pharoah The Almighty Jesus Whale. We encourage other regions as to stand against this illegal seizure of power and subversion of the democratic system that was in place in Osiris.
signature

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:47 pm

Cormactopia II wrote:
Fest is Best wrote:In this case, I would say that I am legally and morally in the right.

Yes, but why would anyone else think so?

It certainly doesn't speak well of the so-called "opposition" that they have so many people currently serving WA bans for post-Halcones DoS Predator use supporting them, especially when two of you -- you and Plagentine -- are so salty toward me because I suggested that you should both face repercussions in both Osiris and The Black Hawks. Of course, full disclosure, Koth was also a Predator user, albeit before Halcones was DoS, and he is on our side. But certainly there are a lot more Predator users on the side of the "opposition," and many of those are the ones who used Predator after Halcones was DoS, who should have known better, and who have basically expressed little or no remorse.

Of course, what really doesn't speak well of the "opposition" is that they appear to have no plan other than puppet flooding Osiris, relentlessly spamming the RMB, etc. If this is what the combined might of a "massive interregional coalition" looks like, we have nothing to worry about. I look forward to you folks recognizing that there is no path for your power grabbing hopes and eventually standing down so we can all move on as a community.

Now I don't think their's any need to go into that. The moderator judgement was highly flawed in many way and should not be held onto as a paragon of what is right and wrong.

Ultimate Sacrifice
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ultimate Sacrifice » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:54 pm

Revall wrote:

coups are sexy if done right.

lolk.

So basically they didn't coup in the right way?

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: The Osiris Fraternal Order

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:58 pm

I thought Cormac wasn't going to engage in the useless Gameplay debated that happen when there's a coup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asy
Secretary

Founded: Jun 29, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Asy » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:00 pm

Equinox's Statement of Neutrality Video

Equinox has watched the on-going situation in Osiris and felt the need to declare our intentions of doing absolutely nothing.
Instead we hope that both parties can put an end to this situation by working together internally and coming together to build a stronger and united Osiris Fraternal Order.

-- Hierarch Asylum
-- Chancellor Ceapoyce (Statement Author)
Last edited by Asy on Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hierarch of Equinox
Equinox Hall of Fame Member

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay