NATION

PASSWORD

Medieval Europe Roleplay Region

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Varasd
Secretary

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Medieval Europe Roleplay Region

Postby Varasd » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:40 am

Greetings!

I've been looking around for a good while now, and haven't found any medieval roleplay regions. So I've decided to create my own!
And now, I'm looking for members to join. What is this region like?
It's a region with an offsite forum and medieval roleplay in Europe. Kind of like Crusader Kings! With Nationstates!

I haven't got much to tell at the moment, and I'm looking for active people who would be interested in joining and building this region up.

We're going to use a map of medieval europe, that is already divided into small regions. For start, nations can claim 6 spot on the map, anywhere.

(http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/6 ... g~original)

The regional government is going to be Roleplayed through the Papal State and the Bishops. Every state can have it's own bishop, and the states will elect Cardinals (overall 7 of them), who will elect a Pope.

Your nation doesn't need to be one that existed IRL, you can make up names, ethnic groups, anything, on your own!

If you're interested, please join us/me!

http://www.nationstates.net/region=medieval_europe
Founder of Medieval Europe
(past-tech, medieval, historical roleplay, offsite-forums, regional map)
Kingdom of Varasd
Duchies of Croatia, Carniola, Pannonia, Hungaria, Transylvania,
and the Order of Saint George

Uili Fianna
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Uili Fianna » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:55 pm

Looks interesting. I too have been looking for a similar region.

Varasd
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Varasd » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 am

Uili Fianna wrote:Looks interesting. I too have been looking for a similar region.

You're welcome to join! The rules are set up, but anything is up for change.
Kingdom of Varasd

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:47 am

Grr...if I wasn't in two RPs already...this is EXACTLY my type of thing.

Screw it, I'll join you :p Now I need to have massive internal debates about which 6 spots I want to take...my home region of Kraków (I'm not from the city itself, but from a town nearby) is a must.

Just how medieval is this (as in around what century)? Do I get to have my people run around in fur worshiping the Old Gods? Or are we to bow before the almighty Christian God? I'm assuming very early since only 6 spots are available. Which is totally workable for me.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

Heraklea-
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Heraklea- » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:50 am

This looks interesting and I may make a puppet for it. That said, what is the rule with regards to religion? I mean, the CoC and Papal rule for the region suggests that we are all supposed to be Catholic, but your map includes areas that were at the time leaning towards Constantinople instead of Rome, or were Muslim or some variation of pagan.

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:51 am

Heraklea- wrote:This looks interesting and I may make a puppet for it. That said, what is the rule with regards to religion? I mean, the CoC and Papal rule for the region suggests that we are all supposed to be Catholic, but your map includes areas that were at the time leaning towards Constantinople instead of Rome, or were Muslim or some variation of pagan.

Slavic Paganism FTW!

Anyway I did already ask that question, though a bit less directly :p

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

Hudaria
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Hudaria » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:55 am

What specific time period did you have in mind? Early/High or Late Middle Ages? A specific age perhaps? Finally, what about technology (anachronisms allowed to a certain level or not?). :)

Heraklea-
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Heraklea- » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:57 am

NeuPolska wrote:
Heraklea- wrote:This looks interesting and I may make a puppet for it. That said, what is the rule with regards to religion? I mean, the CoC and Papal rule for the region suggests that we are all supposed to be Catholic, but your map includes areas that were at the time leaning towards Constantinople instead of Rome, or were Muslim or some variation of pagan.

Slavic Paganism FTW!

Anyway I did already ask that question, though a bit less directly :p

*shrugs* You posted while I was writing.

Also, looking at the rules link in the region home, the rules there say eight instead of six. Can you clarify which are actually in force?

Hudaria wrote:What specific time period did you have in mind? Early/High or Late Middle Ages? A specific age perhaps? Finally, what about technology (anachronisms allowed to a certain level or not?). :)

The rules link of the homepage say 1000 CE.

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:58 am

Heraklea- wrote:The rules link of the homepage say 1000 CE.

*Grits teeth*

OP, can we take that back about 200 or 300 years?

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted

Hudaria
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Hudaria » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:05 am

Thank you! Also, one remark: your OP suggest claiming 6 plots whilst your Map Claim Thread on the offsite forums mention 8 plots. 1000 AD sounds good to me but I wouldn't mind going to the 800s too. Less favorable period personally is +1200 CE.

Hudaria
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Hudaria » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:17 am

Heraklea- wrote:It's like we all have the same questions for a guy who isn't on at the moment...

Let's stoke him with questions nonetheless. :p He can't answer them if you haven't asked them...

@Varasd: I suggest you allow starter nations to use titles as County, Grand Duchy, Prince-Bishopric or Principality as well. Some people would like to roleplay as lower-ranked monarchs too and this grants them the possibility to roleplay elevations of nobility as well.

Edit: depending on whether non-Christian-styled civilisations are to be included or not you also might want to consider styles such as 'khanate', 'sultanate', 'emirate', 'horde' etc.
Last edited by Hudaria on Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Varasd
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Varasd » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:17 am

Hey everyone!

Yes, OP says 6 regions, but I decided that it's a bit too small, so it's 8 regions now.

As for religion: You can pick to be Muslim or Pagan, or Orthodox too. The College of Cardinals is more like an OOC governing body.

For Orthodox: It's 1000 AD, so the great schism didn't happen yet - technically the Orthodox church and the Catholic church are one.

For Pagan: You can have a Bishop by simply saying that the Catholic Church is trying to send somebody to convert your people.

For Muslim: I don't know yet for sure, to be honest, but when the muslims conquered areas that were christian, like Alexandria, Antioch, etc., they still had Orthodox Patriarchs there, and they didn't "ban" the religion. You can control those Bishops too.

BUT! I'm open for any suggestions, and the region's rules can change any time.

I've drafted up some rules, too, for starter:

http://medeu.hungarianforum.com/t6-role ... the-region

Additional titles will be incoming, of course, but I didn't have time to add all.

Basically duke, marquis, prince, grand duke, earl, count, order, bishoporic, tribe etc., will be on the same rank "1st rank"

Then come the ranks that equal "king", like king, khan, sultan, emir etc.

And then come the ranks that equal "emperor", like emperor, tzar, imperator, etc.

I hope I answered most of your questions! I'll be on in a couple of hours, then I can answer more!
Kingdom of Varasd

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:52 am

You shouldn't be using this thread for planning details of your roleplaying.

Varasd
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Varasd » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:43 am

Heraklea- wrote:Not sure I will, but just in case I want to go that way, what about Jewish?

Even if you go Jewish, that still implies that you are an independent state - and that means that you can control the catholic bishop who is present in your state.
Kingdom of Varasd

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:58 am

Read my above post.

Arux
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Arux » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:09 am

Awww, I wanted to make a region like this before, I thought the name was already taken :( But anyway I have too much regions.

I would've came if I knew about this earlier, it looks like you already started with your region ;)
Last edited by Arux on Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Asceria. My first ever NS account I used for a GCR that wasn't for roleplay. Reached 1.2 billion population.

Varasd
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Varasd » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:56 pm

Arux wrote:Awww, I wanted to make a region like this before, I thought the name was already taken :( But anyway I have too much regions.

I would've came if I knew about this earlier, it looks like you already started with your region ;)

Well, there's always room for more people you know, and nobody's going to stone you if you don't post anything for a couple of days. :D
Kingdom of Varasd

Arux
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Arux » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:34 am

edit
Last edited by Arux on Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.
RIP Asceria. My first ever NS account I used for a GCR that wasn't for roleplay. Reached 1.2 billion population.

Varasd
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Varasd » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:17 am

Oh, right.

I chose 1000 AD, because it gives the widest range of possibilities for RP:

- There were still pagan kingdoms, but already Catholic rulers.
- There were still fully pagan kingdoms.
- There were already fully catholic kingdoms.

PLUS! Don't forget that the nation you make is up for your RP. You can freely say that in your duchy an isolated tribe of germanic people live, who are still pagans - so you can still be pagan in the middle of Germania, for example. All it has to do is make sense. So a paganic group of slavs, next to Rome, woudn't.
But a paganic group of vikings, who founded a new state in Bordeaux, for example, does, I think.

Also, we're growing fast, we already have 8 members, which is around 800% of what I have anticipated. :D
RP has just begun! Yay!
Kingdom of Varasd

Arux
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Arux » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:25 pm

Varasd wrote:Oh, right.

PLUS! Don't forget that the nation you make is up for your RP. You can freely say that in your duchy an isolated tribe of germanic people live, who are still pagans - so you can still be pagan in the middle of Germania, for example. All it has to do is make sense. So a paganic group of slavs, next to Rome, woudn't.
But a paganic group of vikings, who founded a new state in Bordeaux, for example, does, I think.

Also, we're growing fast, we already have 8 members, which is around 800% of what I have anticipated. :D
RP has just begun! Yay!

You don't mind me being the HRE, since it acts as a sort of "United Kingdom" for Germanic Nations?
Last edited by Arux on Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Varasd
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Varasd » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:02 pm

Arux wrote:
Varasd wrote:Oh, right.

RP has just begun! Yay!

You don't mind me being the HRE, since it acts as a sort of "United Kingdom" for Germanic Nations?

You can aim to become the HRE - and make an alliance system that becomes an Empire, yes. But you can't start as a whole Empire.
Kingdom of Varasd

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:09 pm

Given that this has been ignored, and you're still planning RP details here, I'm locking the thread.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay