NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates World Fair IV (2015) - Closed for 2015

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 19, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

NationStates World Fair IV (2015) - Closed for 2015

Postby McMasterdonia » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:55 pm

The NationStates World Fair IV

The NationStates World Fair is back - with an expanded committee and great plans for 2015! This is the first world fair without the co-founder of the organisation Unibot, and we will do our best to ensure that the World Fair continues on as strong as ever without him.

The New Committee

The Committee has been expanded this year to include old and new members. Serving as our chairman for 2015 will be Todd McCloud, the co-founder of the NationStates World Fair. He will be joined by McMasterdonia, Eluvatar, Astarial, Sopo, and Almonaster in what is a dynamic team dedicated to making this world fair a huge success.

Important information

This year's NationStates World Fair will be held on the 7-14th of December. During that time, we will have several different events occurring at a given moment to capture the high energy and fun atmosphere we have enjoyed in past fairs, but with some twists that we hope you will enjoy.

We have decided that we will be opening the NationStates World Fair 2015 to bidding for host regions. The bidding period will be from right now until the 11th of November. The WF Committee will then choose the top five bids, with the voters having the opportunity to pick the winning bid. Given that we are operating on a tight schedule, we will reserve the right to go with a neutral theme if the applications are not up to standard. However, we are confident that we will see many great applications.

In order to apply, please send a telegram to Todd McCloud with the following information;

1. Why does your region want to host the World Fair?
2. What activities/ideas would you like to bring to the WF?
3. What should this years theme for the World Fair be? How would you implement that theme?
4. Any other information we should consider with respect to your region's bid?

What will hosting the World Fair involve?

The NationStates World Fair Committee is looking to expand the involvement of host regions into the operations of the World Fair. Host regions will be responsible for the opening and closing statements of the World Fair. In addition, they will be involved in the set up of the third party forum to be used for the fair. This will include advising our techmonkey Eluvatar on the type of skin and the general layout of the forum. Finally, the host will have involvement in the organization of the lectures for the NS World Fair, and other games & entertainment ideas for the World Fair 2015.

Regions who wish to submit a detailed application to host the fair should consider the above when making their application.

The Lectures

We will see a return of the very popular lectures of the NationStates World Fair in 2015. Planning is already well underway for what is sure to be a very interesting lecture program. If you are interested in giving a lecture, please send a telegram to McMasterdonia. Please provide details about the topic you wish to lecture about and your experience with that particular topic.

The Lecture series will run for the entire duration of the NationStates World Fair, with multiple lectures being given on each particular day. Lectures will be posted by the lecturer on the day which the speaker is slated to speak, and the lecturer will be available in an IRC chat during their lecture slot

Regional Booths

The NationStates World Fair is now open to requests for regional booths. Only regions may submit booths for this event. Please indicate the position you hold within the region, ideally we would prefer that Delegates, Founders, or the equivalent Minister or Head of Government makes the application.

More to come.

The World Fair Committee will be working closely with the host region for the World Fair in the planning of other activities for the fair.

The Lecture Schedule for the World Fair will be announced as soon as possible.

Stay tuned for further updates!

Voting for the NS World Fair host is now open!

Read the submitted bids here and vote: here
Last edited by McMasterdonia on Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:56 pm

The NationStates World Fair IV

The NationStates World Fair 2015 is closely approaching. The fair will run for seven days beginning on the 7th of December 2015. The World Fair Committee and the 2015 hosts Greater Dienstad, have prepared a large number of activities, lectures, and other events for attendees to participate in. The theme for the World Fair is Diversity and Cooperation. This theme will be reflected in the activities available, and in some of the lectures.

The regional forum is now available for public viewing here. We have retained the RMB style shoutbox on the index page of the forum. Please feel free to utilize this and leave messages for other fair-goers.

Regional Venues

The regional venues are back, with more than 30 regions attending the World Fair in 2015. Regions are now invited to start setting up their world fair in preparation for the big opening on the 17th of December.

Utilize your regional venue to show what your region has to offer the rest of the NationStates world. Host games, activities, roleplays, or anything else that suits your interest. All accounts will require administrator approval. We will only be approving members who are the Delegate, Founder of a region attending the world fair, other organisers must contact one of the World Fair Committee members directly in order to have their accounts approved.

The Lecture hall

The Lecture Hall is back and is covering a wide variety of topics in 2015, from Roleplay, to diverse gameplay and regional ideologies, and recent events in gameplay history. The 2015 Lecture Series has it all. Lectures will be posted to the NationStates World Fair forum and each lecturer will be available in our IRC channel #auditorium on irc.esper.net to answer questions.

Some lecturers may choose to deliver their lecture in live format in the IRC channel. All IRC logs of lectures, including questions and answers will be posted to the forum for all to read and participate in, even if you cannot make the set time for the lecture. The below schedule includes times in Eastern Standard Time (EST). These times are guides, and may changes depending on availability.

Roleplay

The NS World Fair will include a forum suitable for all your roleplaying needs. In this forum you may start your own roleplays, participatie in RP games, and other activities. The Host region, Greater Dienstad will be taking a greater role in this area of the World Fair, however, other regions are more than welcome to host their own RP's for all to enjoy.

NS Sports

NationStates Sports returns to the 2015 World Fair. NS Sports Mentors and Senior Roleplayers will be hosting a variety of NationStates Sports Activities for users to participate in.

The Medway

The Medway will be replacing the Food Court this year, but will have a similar function. General games, real life topics, and other matters will be discussed in the above forum.

Press Office

If you are a writer, editor of a major newspaper, or feel like just writing some silly articles for the NationStates World Fair then the Press Office is the place for you.

Technical

Finally, if there are any issues with the forum, posting privileges, or you need an admin to pin, close, or move threads for ryou, come visit the friendly administration team in the Technical forum.

Thank you!
Your Host: Greater Dienstad
NSWF Committee: Todd McCloud, McMasterdonia, Astarial, Almonaster Nuevo, Sopo (Ambrella), Eluvatar.
Last edited by McMasterdonia on Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PrussianEmpire
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby PrussianEmpire » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:58 pm

Fantastic. I'm glad to see this going through. Cannot wait to attend along with TEP :)

EDIT: I'd like a booth!
Last edited by PrussianEmpire on Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
—« The PrussianEmpire From The East Pacific »—

The contents of the above post represent the views of Exshaw, the Imperial Legion, the United Defenders League, the Founderless Regions Alliance, the New Inquisition, the Black Hawks, the North Pacific, the Alliance Defense Network, the Atlantic Central Command, Francos Spain, Dwight Eisenhower, and the 1998 New York Yankees.

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:59 pm

PrussianEmpire wrote:Fantastic. I'm glad to see this going through. Cannot wait to attend along with TEP :)

Thank you Prussia, we look forward to seeing TEP there.

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:00 pm

Asgard would love to have a booth at the World Fair. Also, nice header graphic!

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:03 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:Asgard would love to have a booth at the World Fair. Also, nice header graphic!

We look forward to seeing Asgard at the World Fair!

The header was created by the wonderful Todd McCloud :D

The Kaboomlandian Foreign Territory
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kaboomlandian Foreign Territory » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:22 pm

Pharos would love to have a booth for the World Fair.

Also, cool to see Sopo up there on the committee! :clap:
Supreme Chancellor of Pharos

I keep this nation solely for administrative purposes of Pharos. All TGs should go to Kaboomlandia.

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:16 am

Lazarus would like a venue at the fair.
Funkadelia

Former Delegate of Lazarus (x3)
Proscribed TWICE by The South Pacific

WA Security Council Resolution Author (x2)
SC#161
SC#182

Small Huts
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Small Huts » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:14 am

Equilism would like a Regional Booth at the Fair.
Current:
World Assembly Delegate of The United Federation of Planets
Governor of The United Federation of Planets
Cure Squad Security of Equilism
Former:
World Assembly Delegate of Equilism
Chief Minister of Equilism (and minister in all departments)
ερωτâv πάντα

Ambrella
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Ambrella » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:15 am

It's really a great honor to have the opportunity to work on this with the other committee members, and I'm looking forward to a successful fair!
Sopo, former big wig of Europeia and denizen of Bloopsjooj.

Pollaetorian
Envoy

Founded: Oct 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pollaetorian » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:56 am

So Sopo will be logging everyday now? Yay!
Helping you make the right decisions | The Pollaetorian Guard: Arbiters of Democracy | Liberating the proles from the polls
<Mall> Codger is only an enemy to those who dislike polls.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:01 am

As the WA Delegate for Greater Dienstad, I hereby request a regional booth. We also may or may not make a bid to host the Fair, we haven't decided yet.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:40 am

I'm always wondering if I should ask my fellow moderators if we can have an AMA (ask me anything) kind of lecture there.

Regardless, good luck with the fair :)
The Blaatschapen should resign

Wadden-Amrum
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wadden-Amrum » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:43 am

I would like to reserve a regional booth for Ioraqus.
Dree wrote:Perhaps the fat man from the north pole and his vertically challenged cronies are behind such an assassination attempt.
But truthfully my spy networks have heard nothing.

Benjamin Mark
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2012

Postby Benjamin Mark » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:36 am

I am the The West Pacific representative to the World Fair, and I wish to have a booth.
Last edited by Benjamin Mark on Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:47 am

Funkadelia wrote:Lazarus would like a venue at the fair.

Of course Funkadelia, we look forward to seeing Lazarus at the WF.
Small Huts wrote:Equilism would like a Regional Booth at the Fair.

Excellent! It will be wonderful to see Equilism there.
Ambrella wrote:It's really a great honor to have the opportunity to work on this with the other committee members, and I'm looking forward to a successful fair!

We are very glad to have you :D
Lamoni wrote:As the WA Delegate for Greater Dienstad, I hereby request a regional booth. We also may or may not make a bid to host the Fair, we haven't decided yet.

Wonderful. Please keep in mind the dates for host submission applications.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'm always wondering if I should ask my fellow moderators if we can have an AMA (ask me anything) kind of lecture there.

That would be very interesting, let me know if you are allowed to do that.. Thanks for the well wishes :)
Wadden-Amrum wrote:I would like to reserve a regional booth for Ioraqus.

No problem at all, we look forward to seeing you there!
Benjamin Mark wrote:I am the The West Pacific representative to the World Fair, and I wish to have a booth.

Thanks BM, great to have TWP on board.
The Kaboomlandian Foreign Territory wrote:Pharos would love to have a booth for the World Fair.

Also, cool to see Sopo up there on the committee! :clap:

No problem at all :-) And yes, we enslaved him enlisted his support.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:33 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:I'm always wondering if I should ask my fellow moderators if we can have an AMA (ask me anything) kind of lecture there.

We may need to limit it to an "Ask Me Almost Anything" as we probably shouldn't give out -too- many details on, for example, xyz player's warning history. But that could still be fun.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:09 am

Mousebumples wrote:

We may need to limit it to an "Ask Me Almost Anything" as we probably shouldn't give out -too- many details on, for example, xyz player's warning history. But that could still be fun.

Naturally, actually, we also cannot share details on our methods. So hmm, what does that leave?

Asy
Secretary

Founded: Jun 29, 2015

Postby Asy » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:47 am

Equinox would love to have a booth at the fair!
Hierarch of Equinox
Equinox Hall of Fame Member

Detective Figs
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Detective Figs » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:52 am

Osiris will be attending. Please reserve our booth. Thanks, hosts.

Ambrella
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Ambrella » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:26 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Mousebumples wrote:We may need to limit it to an "Ask Me Almost Anything" as we probably shouldn't give out -too- many details on, for example, xyz player's warning history. But that could still be fun.

Naturally, actually, we also cannot share details on our methods. So hmm, what does that leave?

Boring potato stories from Mouse?
Sopo, former big wig of Europeia and denizen of Bloopsjooj.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:02 pm

Ambrella wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

That can be arranged by the Europeia booth? :unsure:

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:59 pm

Ambrella wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

Like potatoes are ever boring! :o
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:10 pm

I will say that I maaaayyyy have started a discussion about a possible Europeian bid for this thing... :)
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:25 pm

Asy wrote:Equinox would love to have a booth at the fair!

Awesome! See you there :)
Detective Figs wrote:Osiris will be attending. Please reserve our booth. Thanks, hosts.

Of course :D
Kaboomlandia wrote:I will say that I maaaayyyy have started a discussion about a possible Europeian bid for this thing... :)

Excellent, I hope they do apply! The more applications the better.
The Blaatschapen wrote:
Mousebumples wrote:We may need to limit it to an "Ask Me Almost Anything" as we probably shouldn't give out -too- many details on, for example, xyz player's warning history. But that could still be fun.

I guess general questions about what it is like to be a moderator? Best parts, worst parts? Who is the most annoying moderator? :P And you can give clever/snarky non-answers to questions that cross the line. :)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay