NATION

PASSWORD

Questions

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Plebmerica
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Questions

Postby Plebmerica » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:18 pm

Hi guys, I'm relatively new to the politics of Nationstates. I've played NS for about 2 years (on multiple accounts), but I really haven't learned anything (I created a region and never really ventured beyond it). I know about raiding, and I was reading this old forum post on the west pacific forums. There was a comment that said, "So sad. Hope he reinvents himself later, after he has learned how the game and the politics actually work." What exactly is this "Game Politics," I'm assuming it's some thing along the manners of nationstates (like how someone should act). Can someone clear this up for me? Sorry if I sound idiotic in some way or another.

*Edit: I just realized that I *probably* put this under the wrong topic, sorry in advance. :?
Last edited by Plebmerica on Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

American Imperial Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby American Imperial Union » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:25 pm

Plebmerica wrote:Hi guys, I'm relatively new to the politics of Nationstates. I've played NS for about 2 years (on multiple accounts), but I really haven't learned anything (I created a region and never really ventured beyond it). I know about raiding, and I was reading this old forum post on the west pacific forums. There was a comment that said, "So sad. Hope he reinvents himself later, after he has learned how the game and the politics actually work." What exactly is this "Game Politics," I'm assuming it's some thing along the manners of nationstates (like how someone should act). Can someone clear this up for me? Sorry if I sound idiotic in some way or another.

*Edit: I just realized that I *probably* put this under the wrong topic, sorry in advance. :?

Probably roleplay. I hope to get into that pretty soon. I hear you make a lot of mistakes at first. You can make an embassy thread in the national facts forum. You can copy mine and modify it if you want.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=352765&hilit=Embassy

Let me know if you want to do political rp, I might join you. I need to learn, too.
Sir Frederick North
Secretary of State
Imperial State Deparment
Click here to open an Embassy in our capitol!

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:31 pm

Moved from General -> Gameplay.

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:57 pm

Plebmerica wrote:Hi guys, I'm relatively new to the politics of Nationstates. I've played NS for about 2 years (on multiple accounts), but I really haven't learned anything (I created a region and never really ventured beyond it). I know about raiding, and I was reading this old forum post on the west pacific forums. There was a comment that said, "So sad. Hope he reinvents himself later, after he has learned how the game and the politics actually work." What exactly is this "Game Politics," I'm assuming it's some thing along the manners of nationstates (like how someone should act). Can someone clear this up for me? Sorry if I sound idiotic in some way or another.

Gameplay politics is usually either internal politics (getting votes, kudos etc. from other members of the region so that you can get and keep positions of authority within your own region) and external politics (alliances, protection treaties, WA vote trading etc. to help your own region - usually quid pro quo). Do you have the original link to the forum topic?
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Plebmerica
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Questions

Postby Plebmerica » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:50 am

Gameplay politics is usually either internal politics (getting votes, kudos etc. from other members of the region so that you can get and keep positions of authority within your own region) and external politics (alliances, protection treaties, WA vote trading etc. to help your own region - usually quid pro quo). Do you have the original link to the forum topic?

Thanks for the replies, and yeah this is the url:

http://www.westpacific.org/forums/index ... l-knights/

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:25 pm

You do realize that was a propaganda piece, right...?
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

Return to Gameplay