NATION

PASSWORD

Thoughts on the end of my streak as delegate

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Marselesk
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Marselesk » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:11 am

Ridersyl wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:We don't tolerate rulebreaking. If we had any hint of information any members of our region were breaking scripting rules, they would no longer be members of our region.

I remember when I said this as an officer in TBR.

Don't trust in the party line, Souls. Chances are, someone you trust immensely is going to end up being the one that's giving site rules the finger.

I somehow don't see that happening, at least as long as we're talking about TBH. :P
Ridersyl wrote:
Consular wrote:I am advocating honestly -- if people want to raid they will, I'm saying they should be honest in that their chosen activity is in no way benevolent.

When I was choosing to actively raid, I was doing it for the entertainment I found in the activity itself and in interacting with others in my raiding group.
There were many others raiding for the same reason. Call it a lie all you want. Just as not all defenders are moralists, not all raiders are griefists.

As for raiding being destructive.. Yes, of course it is. IMO The only valid point in favor of raiding's impact on the game is it provides activity on NS for people like me who don't really care for the rest of the site's features. Any other "raiding improves the game" thing is more than likely just something raiders invented for the purpose of arguing with others.

By the way, I ignored the fact raiding was destructive. I still ignore it. My reason? I just don't care. I think no-one should be heavily invested in an online region in this game to the point where it emotionally affects them, but if they are, they should be informed enough to keep it safe from raiders. Basically, it's on the residents to keep their home safe.

And before anyone goes there, no, I wouldn't apply that same logic to real life, because we are not talking about real life. We're talking about the motivations and effects of groups of people clicking on buttons and taking up imaginary positions with their pretend nations on a website. Way different situations.

Spot on.
99.1% Chemically Pure Raider
Field Marshal and Major of The Black Hawks
Patriarch of the House of Vasentius

Revall wrote:I will train a flock of geese for 20 years as assassins and send them to find you kleo

John Jacob wrote:Your ability to make a convincing argument based on complete bullsh*t is very impressive

Raging Zen Master wrote:As subtle as "HELLO FELLOW HUMANS, I TOO, ENJOY BREATHING OXYGEN."

Knot/Ivo wrote:Nonsense, defender budgets are set to buying cushy armchairs, not bombers!

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:25 am

Ridersyl wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:We don't tolerate rulebreaking. If we had any hint of information any members of our region were breaking scripting rules, they would no longer be members of our region.

I remember when I said this as an officer in TBR.

Don't trust in the party line, Souls. Chances are, someone you trust immensely is going to end up being the one that's giving site rules the finger.

While I understand the history in your case.... talking party lines given to me, rather than ones I may be giving out - I'll assume you're talking people above me. So... Jakker, Tram, Red Back, CoE, and perhaps my fellow recent inductees, Kleo and Wetwork. Somehow, I don't exactly see them doing much rulebreaking. In part because none of them are particularly obsessed with tools and automation. We're pretty set into doing things a more manual way.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Marselesk
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Marselesk » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:54 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:I remember when I said this as an officer in TBR.

While I understand the history in your case.... talking party lines given to me, rather than ones I may be giving out - I'll assume you're talking people above me. So... Jakker, Tram, Red Back, CoE, and perhaps my fellow recent inductees, Kleo and Wetwork. Somehow, I don't exactly see them doing much rulebreaking. In part because none of them are particularly obsessed with tools and automation. We're pretty set into doing things a more manual way.

You kidnapped Sev :(
99.1% Chemically Pure Raider
Field Marshal and Major of The Black Hawks
Patriarch of the House of Vasentius

Revall wrote:I will train a flock of geese for 20 years as assassins and send them to find you kleo

John Jacob wrote:Your ability to make a convincing argument based on complete bullsh*t is very impressive

Raging Zen Master wrote:As subtle as "HELLO FELLOW HUMANS, I TOO, ENJOY BREATHING OXYGEN."

Knot/Ivo wrote:Nonsense, defender budgets are set to buying cushy armchairs, not bombers!

Harenhime
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 26, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Harenhime » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:56 am

Oops! Still forget he's back with us sometimes :P
My other car nation is Ever-Wandering Souls.

Former legitimate delegate of free, native, and constitutionally democratic TBR.

Previous

Return to Gameplay