NATION

PASSWORD

DEN NEWS | Operation Blitz: Atlantis Invaded!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:25 pm

Stalker Queen wrote:Well raiders have been "incessantly trolling the entire game" for 10+ years and the admins actually came around in 2006 to abolish the griefing rules to our benefit, I might add.

That moment when a raider admits they're incessantly trolling and concedes that admins have rewarded their trolling for years.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:32 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:
Stalker Queen wrote:Well raiders have been "incessantly trolling the entire game" for 10+ years and the admins actually came around in 2006 to abolish the griefing rules to our benefit, I might add.

That moment when a raider admits they're incessantly trolling and concedes that admins have rewarded their trolling for years.

That moment when sarcasm is ignored.

Let me feed out the line I'm sure you all love - If you feel action taken by a player are trolling, file a GHR with the relevant information.

Let me feed out the equally loved line - no one wants to go back to the pre-influence days of judgement calls, percent ejections, and similar horrors. Raiding cannot be entirely effectively distinguished from coups by natives with outside help in any list of rules.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Cora II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:09 am

Gest wrote:
Cormac Stark wrote:"The combined might of DEN and The Black Hawks" = five guys and one [violet]. Really not that impressive but about what we've come to expect from DEN, so congratulations for being true to yourselves, I guess?

Someone's not having a good day. I know! Go to technical and complain. Oh wait that's not working out so good for you guys today. Oh well keep whining I'm sure if you nag the admins to death they'll totally come around.

Funny. I've learned not to expect any favors or mercy from Gest when he is in Command... but it was damn clear (YES! It was, I know for sure) if there would have been defenders active on the fields today, raiders' overall results of the update would be probably totally different then they are now. Defenders, - or Regional officers btw. -, had no part what so ever to what happened out there.

Rarely you can see bigger contrast and disparity between game-side and forum-side defender activity then today. CROM! :clap:
• The Black Riders Witch-Z-Queen of Cimmeria 'Cora' • Raider Extremist • War Diary
• 618+ active updates, 11195+ raided regions, 3567+ times raider delegate, 158+ updates in command, 2870+ triggered raids, 35+ occupations, 307+ banjected WA-nations •

"Cut them down!"

Pierconium
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:17 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Cormac Stark wrote:That moment when a raider admits they're incessantly trolling and concedes that admins have rewarded their trolling for years.

That moment when sarcasm is ignored.

Let me feed out the line I'm sure you all love - If you feel action taken by a player are trolling, file a GHR with the relevant information.

Let me feed out the equally loved line - no one wants to go back to the pre-influence days of judgement calls, percent ejections, and similar horrors. Raiding cannot be entirely effectively distinguished from coups by natives with outside help in any list of rules.

I wouldn't mind. Just saying. :)
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

NPO - EMPIRE - TRIUMVIRATE - NPD

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:27 am

Cormac, we get it, Defenders are the purest of pure innocent small and helpless children who can't stand up to those mean ol' privileged lazy raider doo-doo heads because first Admins took away your M16s and gave Raiders RPGs because there's this conspiracy against ever defender.

(Oh, and Mall is secretly [V] now)
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:31 am

Valrifell wrote:Cormac, we get it, Defenders are the purest of pure innocent small and helpless children who can't stand up to those mean ol' privileged lazy raider doo-doo heads because first Admins took away your M16s and gave Raiders RPGs because there's this conspiracy against ever defender.

(Oh, and Mall is secretly [V] now)

That straw man would make a great Halloween decoration if you wouldn't mind letting me borrow it when you're finished.

I think Cormac missed the sarcastic quotes, I also did upon first reading.
AKA Weed

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:40 am

Pierconium wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:That moment when sarcasm is ignored.

I wouldn't mind. Just saying. :)

*no one on staff

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:47 pm

So DEN has decided to be California gurlz now? *chuckle, chuckle*

On a side note, it would have been far funnier if your point would have been Snoop Dog. Just saying...

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:51 pm

The Silver Sentinel wrote:So DEN has decided to be California gurlz now? *chuckle, chuckle*

On a side note, it would have been far funnier if your point would have been Snoop Dog. Just saying...

Wait... Gurls or Girls?
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:16 pm

We Are Not the NSA wrote:
The Silver Sentinel wrote:So DEN has decided to be California gurlz now? *chuckle, chuckle*

Wait... Gurls or Girls?

If you had read the side note you would have got the joke.

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:56 pm

The Silver Sentinel wrote:
We Are Not the NSA wrote:Wait... Gurls or Girls?

If you had read the side note you would have got the joke.

I read it. Wasn't snoop dog a member of the beach boys? :p
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:28 am

DEN NEWS AGENCY wrote:DEN, defeating defenders and neutralizing natives since 2004

We can conveniently ignore the massive period of nothingness in the middle I guess. And the fact that old DEN and the current TBR rebranding are not the same thing in anything other than name.

Bounty Bertie
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Bounty Bertie » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:33 am

Consular wrote:We can conveniently ignore the massive period of nothingness in the middle I guess. And the fact that old DEN and the current TBR rebranding are not the same thing in anything other than name.

They've both had founders made DoS ;)

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:25 am

Consular wrote:
DEN NEWS AGENCY wrote:DEN, defeating defenders and neutralizing natives since 2004

We can conveniently ignore the massive period of nothingness in the middle I guess. And the fact that old DEN and the current TBR rebranding are not the same thing in anything other than name.

Silly New DEN, they're just trying to make TBH's previous Oldest Active Raiders in NS claim troublesome :P

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:40 am

Consular wrote:We can conveniently ignore the massive period of nothingness in the middle I guess. And the fact that old DEN and the current TBR rebranding are not the same thing in anything other than name.

To be fair, most incarnations of DEN have had very little continuity with previous incarnations. For example, the 2012 incarnation was led by raiders who had defected from the UDL (Rawr, Mall). It had some people around who had been in the previous incarnation of DEN, but so does current DEN.

Cora II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:53 am

Cimmerian Crom-10KR-Corvus Corax class raider interceptor somewhere in the Tagland Sector's DEN system space

Standard Patrol.

A lonely Merc defended the DEN full scale planetary invasion at California, before starting track and follow intimately a defender de-tagger task force interfering borders of a vast debris concentrations of DEN tagfields. The merc managed intercept hostile tresspassing thrice by supporting unknown, native WA-lifeforms in next DEN systems:

SPACE
The Forgotten Vale
The Third Dominion (block)

A Red Star Fleet's strategic level siege around a moon nazi base of The Greater German Reich was reinforced before returning to the vicinity of DEN main battle formations.

"In a deep R/D Space nobody can hear your crying!"
Last edited by Cora II on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
• The Black Riders Witch-Z-Queen of Cimmeria 'Cora' • Raider Extremist • War Diary
• 618+ active updates, 11195+ raided regions, 3567+ times raider delegate, 158+ updates in command, 2870+ triggered raids, 35+ occupations, 307+ banjected WA-nations •

"Cut them down!"

The Bruce
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Bruce » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:30 pm

Just for clarification: is this the California that was founded by a member of the original DEN and later became a base of operations for the Marijuana Militia? Because it kind of looks like that region...

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:54 pm

The Bruce wrote:Just for clarification: is this the California that was founded by a member of the original DEN and later became a base of operations for the Marijuana Militia? Because it kind of looks like that region...

If you're just now noticing that the artists formerly known as The Black Riders couldn't care less about raider unity, even when said unity should be applied to the raiders who once bore their current region's name, you really need to visit Gameplay more often. People have been criticizing TBRDEN for not respecting raider unity for two years or so. They don't care because they aren't raiders, they're gnats.
Last edited by Cormac Stark on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:16 pm

Consular wrote:

We can conveniently ignore the massive period of nothingness in the middle I guess.

It's possible. Americans are trying to ignore those eight years between Clinton and Obama where a three year old was running the country. 8)

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:02 pm

The Bruce wrote:Just for clarification: is this the California that was founded by a member of the original DEN and later became a base of operations for the Marijuana Militia? Because it kind of looks like that region...

I knew there was something about that region which rang bells, cheers Bruce.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Gest
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gest » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:06 am

I dunno, you tell me NS historian. Regale me with tales of the raiders of yore who rode into battle on AOl mammoths.

“Whatever, history. You happened already. Let it go!”-You're the Worst

PS: No one in raiding has complained about California, so no reason not to occupy it.

Cora II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:32 am

It's surely legit Gest. In-game and real life localities shakes hands there, while 50+ (currently) WA-nations (read: Players) are decided to support The Field Marshal's drive for sweet, secure neighborhoods. :P

"Cut them down!"

Bounty Bertie
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Bounty Bertie » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:50 am

Gest wrote:PS: No one in raiding has complained about California, so no reason not to occupy it.

Maybe because the raider(s) who founded it have had their region and history misappropriated by a group of wannabe TBR 'raiders' who feel the need to piggyback on a decade old organisation's reputation and effort.

I mean, there's been a lot of DEN reboots, but at least they had respect for their forebears, and historical raiders in general.

You can change your skins, but you'll always be TBR, and it shows.

Knot II
Spokesperson

Founded: May 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Knot II » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:54 am

Bounty Bertie wrote:I mean, there's been a lot of DEN reboots, but at least they had respect for their forebears, and historical raiders in general.

You can change your skins, but you'll always be TBR, and it shows.

Surely members of the old DEN in Ile de France know better than to support the occupation then.

I was never TBR and I'll never be TBR.
★★ General ★★
DEN

[12:18 AM] Knot: No worries, I have better kicking rates when there are more defenders.
[12:20 AM] Chingis Otchigin: Knot's hammer is splash damage konfirmed

The Highlander 1
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 01, 2004
Anarchy

Postby The Highlander 1 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:37 am

Bounty Bertie wrote:I mean, there's been a lot of DEN reboots, but at least they had respect for their forebears, and historical raiders in general.

You guys are funny. One of the reasons there were multiple DEN reboots was due to the in-fighting of Egos. Like every other organisation, DEN had its challenges. Fenda's sounds more like Donald the Chump than anyone else in the game. They cry about Raider unity but have no unity of their own. Rather than speak to their own challenges they attack Raider "unity".

Quote me: There is no Raider Unity! On occasion Raiders align for a period of time but inevitably differences of opinion arise which fragment agreements. What TBR has done is resurrect the essence of DEN. They were able to do this because of the powerful memory of the impact DEN had in its prime. But don't fool yourself; DEN imploded from within with little respect for their forebears. And yet still some members carried on to this day. So ignore the Fenda tripe and Carry On.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay