NATION

PASSWORD

The Black Hawks | Still Winning

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:31 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Tim's message is Souls approved :P A little more competition on the field always makes things more interesting, and a good infiltration attempt or two would give our security departments something other to do than find Realm's newest attempts to join.

Realm is still around?! Now that's a fun topic to discuss. Any chance TBH can just post tabloids based on Realm attempting to rejoin again whenever there's not much update activity to talk about? :P
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Petyr
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 13, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Petyr » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:35 pm

I don't have any real intention of being active on the NS forums either. My time zone makes it unlikely I'll ever be able to log in other than on my phone (as I am right now) during update times. The odds of that changing in the next couple years are slim. All I can bring to the table is a new distaste for raiding and a near endless supply of stamps. The latter part, is the part I intend to utilize. But I have attempted to avoid saying such because this thread is not about me.

The opinions I have expressed here tonight are not controversial. They are widely held. Raiding is in a sad state, it has lost all of its former appeal and is now just a mean-spirited endeavor. Perhaps my words are a bit extra jaded or blunt, and perhaps that will change in the future, or perhaps it won't. I'm not sure. I've seen the same comments made numerous times, and they've never garnered this much attention. I either hit a nerve or said something more provocatively than I intended. (Or perhaps it is just that it's a new puppet this time..) Either way I meant only to deflate the situation here back down to a realistic level, not to derail the whole thread. We will all have plenty of time to discuss my views of raiding in the future. I don't think I'm very far from defender orthodoxy.
Last edited by Petyr on Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tano
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tano » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:39 pm

Petyr wrote:I don't have any real intention of being active on the NS forums either. My time zone makes it unlikely I'll ever be able to log in other than on my phone (as I am right now) during update times. The odds of that changing in the next couple years are slim. All I can bring to the table is a new distaste for raiding and a near endless supply of stamps. The latter part, is the part I intend to utilize. But I have attempted to avoid saying such because this thread is not about me.

The opinions I have expressed here tonight are not controversial. They are widely held. Raiding is in a sad state, it has lost all of its former appeal and is now just a mean-spirited endeavor. Perhaps my words are a bit extra jaded or blunt, and perhaps that will change in the future, or perhaps it won't. I'm not sure. I've seen the same comments made numerous times, and they've never garnered this much attention. I either hit a nerve or said something more provocatively than I intended. (Or perhaps it is just that it's a new puppet this time..) Either way I meant only to deflate the situation here back down to a realistic level, not to derail the whole thread. We will all have plenty of time to discuss my views of raiding in the future. I don't think I'm very far from defender orthodoxy.

lol stay classy darling
Tano Holland
Govindia: Do you consider me a friend, or just an acquaintance or what?
hobbes: I don't particularly consider anyone a true 'friend'
hobbes: at least,not on NS
Govindia: why is that?
hobbes: because
hobbes: everyone here is a jackass
hobbes: myself included

Pixie: *heart sploosh*
Tano: if your heart is splooshing you should contact a doctor
Tano: hearts are supposed to thump not sploosh
Pixie: No this is normal
Pixie: intense emotion causes me to hemorrage internally
Pixie: my life is like a really depressing comedic episode of The X-Files

Khron: we need an achievment of rem's face just for Tano
Pixie: haha
Pixie: "be Tano"

Brunhilde: My quotes should be in more signatures.

Also known as Takane or Terisclu

United RussoAsia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United RussoAsia » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:40 pm

:palm: I see that the discussion went somewhat over your head, or you chose to ignore it...
Delegate of TWP
Editor-in-Chief of Dass Nachrichten, TWP's official news outlet
Please be nice to the mods. They're here to make your experience better.
DLN unjustly demodded- 9/9/15
Tight pants, tight groupings, like I always say. -Nirvash

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:42 pm

Petyr wrote:I don't have any real intention of being active on the NS forums either. My time zone makes it unlikely I'll ever be able to log in other than on my phone (as I am right now) during update times. The odds of that changing in the next couple years are slim. All I can bring to the table is a new distaste for raiding and a near endless supply of stamps. The latter part, is the part I intend to utilize. But I have attempted to avoid saying such because this thread is not about me.

Neph and Rifty had a lot of stamps too. Funny, looking back, how they actually created far more new members for us (including myself) than they ever did damage. Spend your money. I'm not scared.

Sad state, eh? That must be why membership has skyrocketed in the past few months, we've seen several prominent figures switch sides to join us ( TBH Oves SevHawk <3 ..And you too, Ivo :P) . I mean, Red Back active again, an active Council of Hawks, a revived training program.... we're just collapsing into ruins, aren't we?
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Petyr
Bureaucrat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Petyr » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:45 pm

Neph and Rifty were raiders. That's how that tends to work, is it not?
United RussoAsia wrote::palm: I see that the discussion went somewhat over your head, or you chose to ignore it...
It is possible I missed something, as I said, on my phone. Attempting to address everything without quoting. If you mean that it does little good without updating, as I said, I will not be able to update unless the update time moves which it won't. There's little I or anyone else can do on that front. Your other concern was that I was going to spend my time posting here, as I said, I do not expect to post much on the NationStates forums. If you said something beyond that, yes, it was missed. ;)

If activity is how you judge your state, your state is strong, Souls.
Last edited by Petyr on Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:47 pm

Neph and Rifty both spent a lot of time, words, and stamp money trying to screw over organized raiding at some point in their career. They also both failed. If we ever see this identity again past this week, and if it becomes consistent enough to be memorable, I expect "Pete" to join that list.

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Ayvari
Envoy

Founded: Jul 27, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Ayvari » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:48 pm

@Petyr: Your sort is the least helpful kind of "defender." Even a political defender is more useful to the cause than a nonpracticing puppet-swathed native or whatever you are. Armchair defender is too generous a term for someone who makes a living bashing raiders and nothing else.
Last edited by Ayvari on Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former/Retired Sergeant ~*~ The Black Hawks ~*~ Also known as Xoriet
Severisen wrote:You literally couldn't have missed the point more, even if you endorsed the native delegate.
Northern Chittowa wrote:If you look at those who have made names for themselves in this game, they are those who have stood up to defenders on an equal footin and actually beaten them on a tactical level...Those are the ones who will be remembered and indeed revered in history.
Syberis Montresor-Isaraider: There should be no distinction between a good raider and a good member of the GP community.

United RussoAsia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby United RussoAsia » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:49 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:we're just collapsing into ruins, aren't we?

Keep this up and you'll get people screaming about how irrelevant you are and then creating entire regions based on fighting you.
Delegate of TWP

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:51 pm

United RussoAsia wrote:

Keep this up and you'll get people screaming about how irrelevant you are and then creating entire regions based on fighting you.

Following your logic, we'd also get another me, val, festavo, sap, noble, kleo.... you get the idea. And that would be very helpful, indeed :P

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Petyr
Bureaucrat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Petyr » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:52 pm

Ayvari wrote:Your sort is the least helpful kind of "defender." Even a political defender is more useful to the cause than a nonpracticing puppet-swathed native or whatever you are. Armchair defender is too generous a term for someone who makes a living bashing raiders and nothing else.

Luckily I intend to be a political defender, as I have implied heavily, and do not bash raiders. ;) But I am also trying VERY hard not to derail this into a Petyr discussion thread as I have pointed out also, soooo.... .... *shrugs*

United RussoAsia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby United RussoAsia » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:53 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
United RussoAsia wrote:Keep this up and you'll get people screaming about how irrelevant you are and then creating entire regions based on fighting you.

Following your logic, we'd also get another me, val, festavo, sap, noble, kleo.... you get the idea. And that would be very helpful, indeed :P

I should have done R/D before feeder politics...
*sigh*
Delegate of TWP

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:53 pm

Petyr wrote:
Ayvari wrote:Your sort is the least helpful kind of "defender." Even a political defender is more useful to the cause than a nonpracticing puppet-swathed native or whatever you are. Armchair defender is too generous a term for someone who makes a living bashing raiders and nothing else.

Luckily I intend to be a political defender, as I have implied heavily, and do not bash raiders. ;) But I am also trying VERY hard not to derail this into a Petyr discussion thread as I have pointed out also, soooo.... .... *shrugs*

For the record, if you'd like to use those stamps for purposes like say, donations to Defender Groups/Regions like the FRA or Spiritus, then you'll instantly be top tier in my books :P
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Tano
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tano » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:55 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Petyr wrote:Luckily I intend to be a political defender, as I have implied heavily, and do not bash raiders. ;) But I am also trying VERY hard not to derail this into a Petyr discussion thread as I have pointed out also, soooo.... .... *shrugs*

For the record, if you'd like to use those stamps for purposes like say, donations to Defender Groups/Regions like the FRA or Spiritus, then you'll instantly be top tier in my books :P

*mutters about Tim being a no-good sellout* >:(
Tano Holland
Govindia: Do you consider me a friend, or just an acquaintance or what?
hobbes: I don't particularly consider anyone a true 'friend'
hobbes: at least,not on NS
Govindia: why is that?
hobbes: because
hobbes: everyone here is a jackass
hobbes: myself included

Pixie: *heart sploosh*
Tano: if your heart is splooshing you should contact a doctor
Tano: hearts are supposed to thump not sploosh
Pixie: No this is normal
Pixie: intense emotion causes me to hemorrage internally
Pixie: my life is like a really depressing comedic episode of The X-Files

Khron: we need an achievment of rem's face just for Tano
Pixie: haha
Pixie: "be Tano"

Brunhilde: My quotes should be in more signatures.

Also known as Takane or Terisclu

Petyr
Bureaucrat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Petyr » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:57 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Petyr wrote:Luckily I intend to be a political defender, as I have implied heavily, and do not bash raiders. ;) But I am also trying VERY hard not to derail this into a Petyr discussion thread as I have pointed out also, soooo.... .... *shrugs*

*makes request for non-Petyr discussion again*
*Could move discussion elsewhere if people prefer*

I intend to make my own, but would definitely love any advice or help I can get from established defenders. After-all, since I cannot update I have limited use in the actual meat and potatoes of it all.
Last edited by Petyr on Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:01 pm

Petyr wrote:Luckily I intend to be a political defender, as I have implied heavily, and do not bash raiders.

Petyr wrote:and do not bash raiders.

United RussoAsia wrote:I should have done R/D before feeder politics...
*sigh*

You're welcome to come visit when your term is over ;)

Petyr wrote:*makes request for non-Petyr discussion again*

I intend to make my own, but would definitely love any advice or help I can get from established defenders. After-all, since I cannot update I have limited use in the actual meat and potatoes of it all.

Discussion involving you concerning the state of TBH is fine here, in my books at least. Planning for your defender org, however, is not fine here in my books. Please do take that elsewhere.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Petyr
Bureaucrat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Petyr » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:04 pm

I have tried such Souls, there seems to be much more interest in ME than what I said (perhaps because as you said, it is non-controversial and has been said widely for years). So yes, I would prefer people respond if anything to my comments not try to infer how I'm going to spend my time on NS or if I think this is really going to work, etc.

I do of course reiterate, I do not bash raiders. I show wholehearted concern when you see operations like this and the previous one in Texas a while back where there was no point other than to frustrate other users, and take away what someone else has even if you gain nothing from it. That's low, and I do bash those type of operations. Unseating an 8 year delegate just because, and then immediately withdrawing is low. Normal raiding, while I disagree with it, would not be met with the same level of contempt from myself.
Last edited by Petyr on Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:18 pm

United RussoAsia wrote:

Gradea has never been overly great at hiding puppets. His comments seem a tad hypocritical seeing as how just a few weeks ago he was raiding right alongside REATO. :roll:

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:28 pm

These operations are little different in the grand scheme of things than those where we stay for a week or two then leave on our own terms. I don't see holding a region for a week or two to differentiate them enough to warrant one having no point and the other being the opposite. The point of raiding, since the days of the Farkers, has been to have fun. Exactly how that happens is different for each player. If a person's only goal was to piss other people off, they'd be unlikely to last long in our organization.

Furthermore, Forest knew where they stood. After Texas, they knew they were in danger. In fact, we've tried similar things to this afternoon before (without the sleeper, and usually on the spot) and been stopped only by defenders active at update. In fact, Ivo himself had previously helped stop TBH from hitting Forest. Just to cut off anyone saying "foundered regions don't even expect a raid!"

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:30 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Just to cut off anyone saying "foundered regions don't even expect a raid!"

I dearly hope no one makes that assertion lest Cora's head explode.

Luxdonia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:34 am

Another boring raid from the supposed classiest raiders in the game. Well done.
The Kingdom of Luxdonia
The Chief Administrator and Executive Councillor of Archmont
Join the Archmont Discord server!

Cora II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:37 am

The Silver Sentinel wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Just to cut off anyone saying "foundered regions don't even expect a raid!"

I dearly hope no one makes that assertion lest Cora's head explode.

No. My head doesn't explode with this. In fact, I consider this best and most progressive act a while made by TBH. :clap:
Last edited by Cora II on Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
• The Black Riders Witch-Z-Queen of Cimmeria 'Cora' • Raider Extremist • War Diary
• 618+ active updates, 11195+ raided regions, 3567+ times raider delegate, 158+ updates in command, 2870+ triggered raids, 35+ occupations, 307+ banjected WA-nations •

"Cut them down!"

Marselesk
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Marselesk » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:53 am

Luxdonia wrote:Another boring raid from the supposed classiest raiders in the game. Well done.

Thank you for your input. It is very much appreciated :)
Cora II wrote:
The Silver Sentinel wrote:I dearly hope no one makes that assertion lest Cora's head explode.

No. My head doesn't explode with this. In fact, I consider this best and most progressive act a while made by TBH. :clap:

Thanks, i think? :P
Petyr wrote:I have tried such Souls, there seems to be much more interest in ME than what I said (perhaps because as you said, it is non-controversial and has been said widely for years). So yes, I would prefer people respond if anything to my comments not try to infer how I'm going to spend my time on NS or if I think this is really going to work, etc.

I do of course reiterate, I do not bash raiders. I show wholehearted concern when you see operations like this and the previous one in Texas a while back where there was no point other than to frustrate other users, and take away what someone else has even if you gain nothing from it. That's low, and I do bash those type of operations. Unseating an 8 year delegate just because, and then immediately withdrawing is low. Normal raiding, while I disagree with it, would not be met with the same level of contempt from myself.

Your concerns have been noted by TBH Council officials, and may or may not be considered during future operations. Thank you for your input :)
99.1% Chemically Pure Raider
Field Marshal and Major of The Black Hawks
Patriarch of the House of Vasentius

Revall wrote:I will train a flock of geese for 20 years as assassins and send them to find you kleo

John Jacob wrote:Your ability to make a convincing argument based on complete bullsh*t is very impressive

Raging Zen Master wrote:As subtle as "HELLO FELLOW HUMANS, I TOO, ENJOY BREATHING OXYGEN."

Knot/Ivo wrote:Nonsense, defender budgets are set to buying cushy armchairs, not bombers!

Theoden Sebastian
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Theoden Sebastian » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:31 am

Congrats to TBH for yet another impressive op! o7
Theoden Sebastian
Retired Emperor Sequentia of The Land of Kings and Emperors
Duke of Aalborg in Balder
Other Titles and Positions, Past and Present

United RussoAsia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby United RussoAsia » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:02 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:You're welcome to come visit when your term is over ;)

I'm coming- it'll be a while, couple year probably, but I'm coming.
Delegate of TWP

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay