NATION

PASSWORD

Economy "Extremely High" to "Extremely Low" in ONE MOVE!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Peoples Republic of TempleLandia
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 16, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Economy "Extremely High" to "Extremely Low" in ONE MOVE!

Postby Peoples Republic of TempleLandia » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:20 pm

What the hell? My nation's Economy dropped from "Extremely High" to "Extremely Low" in one friggin' step. I've kept it rather strong for quite a while and now this? What happened?

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:22 pm

Did you cut taxes by removing business subsidies by any chance? Don't answer that, it's precisely what happened. The only other issue that does this is the leader one where people always North Korea themselves, but you seem to be far beyond that.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

The Agnostic Collective
Envoy

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Agnostic Collective » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:05 pm

20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Peoples Republic of Templelandia, prices for nearly everything reach all time highs as business subsidies are discontinued.

That's the one that dismantled your economy. Your not the only one either.
It's getting increasingly more common as of late. You should pick options in which you have some level of understanding or take a "trial and error" approach and learn from your mistakes.

Lobbyist

Postby Peoples Republic of TempleLandia » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:16 pm

Yeah, gotta be it - I know this game has "unintended consequences", but sheesh .... for one option to have such influence, yikes! Oh well.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:22 pm

Peoples Republic of Templelandia wrote:Yeah, gotta be it - I know this game has "unintended consequences", but sheesh .... for one option to have such influence, yikes! Oh well.

I like to look at it as an Editor's way of saying "Think before you choose."
Or, "We'll get so many people with this! :twisted: )
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

New Glubbdubdrib
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby New Glubbdubdrib » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:00 am

Yes, unintended consequences can be annoying.
I've been lucky enough to avoid ruining economy, but in one of my puppets, a single decision caused political freedom to plummet from 78 to 38. Evidently choosing leaders by lottery isn't considered free. Didn't see that coming.
Last edited by New Glubbdubdrib on Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greater Istanistan
Senator

Founded: May 15, 2013

Postby Greater Istanistan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:14 am

Happened to a friend of mine. Painful. I've been extremely careful and actually encountered the issue. Almost took that option, before smacking myself across the face and questioning my sanity.
ASK ME ABOUT HARUHIISM

DYNASTIES ARE THEFT/IMPEACH REINHARD/YANG WENLI 2020

"I am not a champion of lost causes, but of causes not yet won." - Norman Thomas

Lobbyist

Still Zero

Postby Peoples Republic of TempleLandia » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:27 am

Here it is in October - my Economy is still imploded at zero. I've been rather active in this game, answering several issues that ought to have at least budged the Economy level making it above 0 anyway. This has got to be a bug. But it seems whoever is running NationStates isn't convinced.

I've seen posts that it takes "time" to recover. Well, how much time? And how can answering Issues just about everyday for several months not at the very least cause SOME movement in the Economy level? This is absurd.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:30 am

That's your fourth post in different threads about this. Quit gravedigging every topic you can find on this. You've been answered already.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay