NATION

PASSWORD

The White Hope (Anti-Raider Region)

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:37 am

Prussian General wrote:
Frenline Delpha wrote:I do realize we will never outdo evrything done by the Black association, but we aim to liberate as much as we can.

I hate it when people talk about doing stuff in the near future, stuff they haven't done, makes me think of Nephmir.
My friend, first DO SOMETHING, come with some actual results, than you can actually speak without people mocking your little plan.

We lack credible manpower. 2 people will never undo a Black Rider raid, unless the nation is incredibly small. We need support. We need people. We NEED manpower.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:46 am

Frenline Delpha wrote:
Prussian General wrote:
I hate it when people talk about doing stuff in the near future, stuff they haven't done, makes me think of Nephmir.
My friend, first DO SOMETHING, come with some actual results, than you can actually speak without people mocking your little plan.

We lack credible manpower. 2 people will never undo a Black Rider raid, unless the nation is incredibly small. We need support. We need people. We NEED manpower.

I see your signature says you're into BDSM...Sign me up :P

Nah seriously though - Don't take this as an insult but anti-raider regions have a record of not panning out terribly well. Just go full defender. Do you have any practical experience in the R/D field?
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

Getti
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Getti » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:21 pm

Frenline Delpha wrote:
Prussian General wrote:

If we're being frank, two people can actually undo a good portion of tag raids carried out daily. Mind you have the resources, skill and knowledge to do so.

Now my real question is, why should skilled, trained soldiers of gameplay join your group, while their time and efforts would be put to better use in a well established defender group that already carries out counter-raid operations? If you want fresh recruits, does your organization alone have the capability to fully train individuals for defending?
I speak for the trees, and by trees, I mean raiders.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:14 pm

Why does my name always come up at least twice in these threads? :p

Good luck. You'll need it. The only way TBR will disappear will be when a new game mechanic is introduced, and they don't adapt to it, like a lot of major Raider organizations throughout history. Unless, of course, Raider Unity experiences a complete breakdown- which is outside of non-Raider control.

You can only treat the symptoms, not the virus.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:48 pm

Frenline Delpha wrote:I do realize we will never outdo evrything done by the Black association, but we aim to liberate as much as we can.

Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:25 pm

Nephmir wrote:The only way TBR will disappear will be when a new game mechanic is introduced, and they don't adapt to it, like a lot of major Raider organizations throughout history. Unless, of course, Raider Unity experiences a complete breakdown- which is outside of non-Raider control.

As the TBR member who had to fight off the deadliest virus of our generation, I can say first-hand that raiding is not comparable to a virus. It doesn't surprise me someone with your track record would say shit like that, though.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:36 pm

All white supremacy jokes aside, you should seriously consider changing your name. Reasons:
1) It sounds way to much like the name of some fringe version of the KKK.
2)One definition of the phrase means a person who is expected to bring honor to the group, which is actually a good thing, but the other definition is a white boxer who white people hope will be able to beat a black boxer, which brings race back into this.
source=http://www.thefreedictionary.com/white+hope

Nowadays, the phrase basically means a white person who defeats the black people for the good of all white people.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:43 pm

Ridersyl wrote:
Nephmir wrote:The only way TBR will disappear will be when a new game mechanic is introduced, and they don't adapt to it, like a lot of major Raider organizations throughout history. Unless, of course, Raider Unity experiences a complete breakdown- which is outside of non-Raider control.

As the TBR member who had to fight off the deadliest virus of our generation, I can say first-hand that raiding is not comparable to a virus. It doesn't surprise me someone with your track record would say shit like that, though.

(ooc) It was a metaphor that was simply comparing two completely separate and different subjects to show a relation not between the subjects of "raiding" and "virus", but how the relations are similar between "raiding" and "raiders" vs. "treating medical symptoms" and "virus"- you have to hit the occupations and tags, not the actual entity itself. I was in no way comparing Raiders to viruses, I had the common cold in mind when I wrote it, and was actually unaware that some cancers can be caused by a virus until I just looked it up. I am sorry if it offended you, but I meant no harm in saying it, have no way of knowing what the player behind the screen has experienced, and merely meant it to help simplify and visualize the concept, and to use a metaphor as that is how Nephmir typically speaks, and stand by it. Furthermore this statement was not directed at you or your nation or region, but to the OP as a word of advice- so please refrain from using my character's "track record" in the future to attack me as a person and imply that I meant that to be hostile towards you. Did I cross the line? Perhaps. (Unintentionally). But I am sorry if you're offended and I will refrain from using such metaphors in the future if it is a deeply sensitive issue- you need only ask. I do not mind a friendly telegram or chat on Skype. :)

Frenline Delpha wrote:
Prussian General wrote:

2 people can easily undo several Black Rider raids a day. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=307728#Lde

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:37 pm

Frenline Delpha wrote:We lack credible manpower. 2 people will never undo a Black Rider raid, unless the nation is incredibly small. We need support. We need people. We NEED manpower.

If i can stop a TBR by myself then you should have no issues :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Corvus Corax
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Corax » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:49 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Frenline Delpha wrote:We lack credible manpower. 2 people will never undo a Black Rider raid, unless the nation is incredibly small. We need support. We need people. We NEED manpower.

Indeed. You guys with your ridiculous Hope should listen this fellow and if possible follow his example and ignore all possible incoming defenderist propaganda. It is indeed possible prevent TBR raids in certain circumstances. Alone. That is also much more easier way to do defensive activities then detagging (respecting 'Natives' of a region by restoring their original regional outfit without mention or much traces who did that :p) as you don't have detag at all if you manage make a successful defensive block.

If DYP can do it sometimes, and alone, there shouldn't be any issues for others doing that either, indeed. Maybe DYP a.k.a Battlesheep will take you with him to a training tour. You would see how brutal thing it can be. :)
Messenger of The Witch-Queen of Cimmeria

Marelius
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Marelius » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:17 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:

You can't expect them to match up to your magic sheep powers :p
Pure-Blooded Raider
_________Join The Dark Side_________
Joined NS in 2009 | Previously known as Great Kleomentia
Emperor of The Forsaken Empire
Lieutenant of The Black Riders
Sergeant of The Black Hawks
Citizen of Europeia
Citizen of Osiris
Citizen of The Brotherhood of Malice
The Risen Jaguar Warriors wrote:Argh! It's a Mary!

Save the children! Save the lambs! :eek:

Valrifell wrote:Only 71? Why not 80? TBR step up your game. :P

Gradea
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Gradea » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:47 pm

I remember the days when the only thing we had to stop the Black Riders was a pencil and a duck. Now you complain about only having two nations? Big deal, TBR only go for cowardly, quick raids anyway.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:47 pm

Gradea wrote:I remember the days when the only thing we had to stop the Black Riders was a pencil and a duck. Now you complain about only having two nations? Big deal, TBR only go for cowardly, quick raids anyway.

Did you miss Anarchy?
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Gradea
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Gradea » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:48 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Gradea wrote:I remember the days when the only thing we had to stop the Black Riders was a pencil and a duck. Now you complain about only having two nations? Big deal, TBR only go for cowardly, quick raids anyway.

Did you miss Anarchy?

Anarchy? What is that?

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:50 pm

Gradea wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
Did you miss Anarchy?

Anarchy? What is that?

Literally the longest occupation in recorded NS history, nearly entirely single-handedly conducted by The Black Riders.

Marelius
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Marelius » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:07 pm

Gradea wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
Did you miss Anarchy?

Anarchy? What is that?

Oh god this is so good, it can't possibly get better.
Pure-Blooded Raider
_________Join The Dark Side_________
Joined NS in 2009 | Previously known as Great Kleomentia
Emperor of The Forsaken Empire
Lieutenant of The Black Riders
Sergeant of The Black Hawks
Citizen of Europeia
Citizen of Osiris
Citizen of The Brotherhood of Malice
The Risen Jaguar Warriors wrote:Argh! It's a Mary!

Save the children! Save the lambs! :eek:

Valrifell wrote:Only 71? Why not 80? TBR step up your game. :P

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:34 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Gradea wrote:Anarchy? What is that?

Literally the longest occupation in recorded NS history, nearly entirely single-handedly conducted by The Black Riders.

But Val, TBR only goes for "cowardly, quick raids"! How is that possible?!
:roll:
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Hobbesistan
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbesistan » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:44 pm

i assure the OP i am in no way affliated nor like raiders and want in this 150% legit organization.
Last edited by Hobbesistan on Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hobbes
ra, ra rasputin

(Ret.) Maintainer of the Nationstates FAQ and Deletiger (Ret.) of The East Pacific
russia's greatest

Hobbes is always winning, like Charlie Sheen. - Jurisdictions
love machine

Stop right there (hobbes), your rational thought and intellect will destroy the internet. - Sovreignry
it was a shame how

Giraffes think Hobbes regret a lot. A lot of giraffes do. - Rachel
he carried on.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:08 am

Valrifell wrote:Literally the longest occupation in recorded NS history, nearly entirely single-handedly conducted by The Black Riders.

Not even close. Feudal Japan was a number of years, and some would argue that The Pacific has been under occupation for over a decade.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:34 am

Sedgistan wrote:Not even close. Feudal Japan was a number of years, and some would argue that The Pacific has been under occupation for over a decade.

And then there's Greece...

I'll happily take you for a run at update. You'll get to see many regions (and hopefully not TRR) and meet many lovely new people, some of whom will be using a TBR flag :P
Last edited by Drop Your Pants on Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Corvus Corax
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Corax » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:47 am

It's rather unorthodoxic for me to say, but If I read correctly between lines of DYP, it would indeed be good if at least few prominent members of moderation team of The site find their ways back to the active updater forces of R/D.

Though, I cannot be absolutely sure what Dear DYP intended in the mention about flags. :p

In the era of Post-influence and post GCR WAD influence decay, TBR occupation of Anarchy is the longest raider occupation openly under raider flags and designations, if we this time forget hypocritical defender occupations and regimes of GCRs aside from of our scope of a perception. Only reason to leave from Anarchy was indeed related to the fact that in certain circumstances, regardless of battle morale, number of forces and combat endurance, a UCR is practically unraidable because of the influences system. That withdrawal happened after 180 days (360 updates).

That shouldn't be the case.
Last edited by Corvus Corax on Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
Messenger of The Witch-Queen of Cimmeria

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:52 am

Sedgistan wrote:
Valrifell wrote:Literally the longest occupation in recorded NS history, nearly entirely single-handedly conducted by The Black Riders.

Not even close. Feudal Japan was a number of years, and some would argue that The Pacific has been under occupation for over a decade.

Okay, then...
recent NS history, I haven't been in this game for more than two years, so I may not have the best grasp on NS history. :p

Bod McSnod
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bod McSnod » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:34 pm

The White Hope is now under new management. Please disregard the thread title.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:08 am

That was the quickest complete loss by an anti-raider region I've ever seen.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Anti-Raiders Coalition
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Anti-Raiders Coalition » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:54 am

Fuck the Black Riders.
Fuck all raiders.
Fuck anyone associated with raiders. Fuck you all.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay