NATION

PASSWORD

Help me find a region!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Bubba Reb
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Help me find a region!

Postby Bubba Reb » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:42 am

So.... I've been gone from the game for three years. My old region is gone so I need a new one.

I am lookung for a region with strong support for ACTIVE roleplay.
Roleplay forums, and prefferably a region that accepts in-character style comments in some of the non "game" forums etc.

Basically, I want suggestions for regions that like to have just pure entertaining fun amid the other more serious NS activities.

Im tired of trying regions only to find their forums might have one or two comments every day or so.

I'd really like to find a strong RP region that supports a somewhat realistic type of RP and isn't solely comprised of dragons, wizards, and unicorns, set in a mythical galaxy thousands of years in the future, riding flying doughnuts while arguing with a talking rock.

You know.... something somewhat believable. LOL

Thanks for reading and any suggestions.

Daniel
Player for "Bubba Reb" of "The Dictatorship of Bubba Reb"
Last edited by Bubba Reb on Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bubba Rebs sock drawer
(The man, the nation, it's history, people, vehicles, trade specialties, factbook, and all kinds of other junk.)

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=bubba_reb

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:33 pm

The New Inquisition has a somewhat active RMB that switches between IC and OOC comments, there's a roleplaying forum on our offsite too.

Edit: No one saw that? Good...
Last edited by Valrifell on Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Wido Banks
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wido Banks » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:07 pm

I am Gradea.

Bubba Reb
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bubba Reb » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:03 am

Thank you both very much! I will look into those regions.
Bubba Rebs sock drawer
(The man, the nation, it's history, people, vehicles, trade specialties, factbook, and all kinds of other junk.)

Geanna
Minister

Founded: Jul 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Geanna » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:32 am

Bubba Reb wrote:So.... I've been gone from the game for three years. My old region is gone so I need a new one.

I am lookung for a region with strong support for ACTIVE roleplay.
Roleplay forums, and prefferably a region that accepts in-character style comments in some of the non "game" forums etc.

Basically, I want suggestions for regions that like to have just pure entertaining fun amid the other more serious NS activities.

Im tired of trying regions only to find their forums might have one or two comments every day or so.

I'd really like to find a strong RP region that supports a somewhat realistic type of RP and isn't solely comprised of dragons, wizards, and unicorns, set in a mythical galaxy thousands of years in the future, riding flying doughnuts while arguing with a talking rock.

You know.... something somewhat believable. LOL

Thanks for reading and any suggestions.

Daniel
Player for "Bubba Reb" of "The Dictatorship of Bubba Reb"

Some of the more notable regions are Pardes, Sondria, Maredoratica, Gholgoth, Esquarium, Tyrrhenia, Cornellia, and Greater Dienstad

Pardes is closed world, active RP, and based on Realism. The community is good, but is sometimes dominated by certain players, the main-focus of the region has been attested to their 'News Thread' in a more unique style of RP - Though actual RP threads do come about at times. Pardes can essentially be described as politically centric and world-building is a primary focus - politics are what's at play here, and that does at times, extend to even OOC, especially in arguments and debates.

Sondria is an open world region [Closed and Open meaning their interaction with other regions] - Based more towards Gamestats, sometimes referred to as ''Statuism'' in contrast to Realism. The community is active, and friendly, they're usually attested to their regional RPs and complex story-lines. They hold a special dynamic in their roleplay, and are often not against holding out massive, multi-national wars within region, action-paced comes to mind. However, at times, certain elements may arise in which exposure to those outside might appear strict, and at times, serious.

Maredoratica is a nice region, again Closed World, and based around Realism - they've a balanced and friendly community between RP, World-building and working things through. The community is relatively friendly, though the application process is a bit long, and as such you may need to wait a little while - their main concern, or more accurately, their more discontent with puppets is quite exposed, and they are very blunt over this - Mare strives to keep an active community, and as such their wariness to allow a puppet nation, i.e. not your main; is quite evident.

Esquarium possesses a friendly community, or at least friendly elements to its make-up. The region is a clash of new and older RPers - the community is extremely active and vibrant, but is renowned and known for their rash, explosive arguments that has, in the past, resulted in entire regional splits, grudges, and divisions. They're very active on the RMB and forums especially, and are somewhat balanced, though I prefer the term fluid, in regards to Realism or Statuism.

Cornellia is an active region, vibrantly so, especially in regards to RP - as they work extensively on pushing out stories continuously. The community holds friendly elements, but in all, conversations and regional interactions are almost entirely dominated by one, to a small few of individuals, which may or may not result in the feeling of exclusion from regional discussion. Realism and Statuism are no stranger here, they are active on the RMB and the forums, and hold both new and old RPers which provides varying degrees of experience.

Greater Dienstad, Tyrrhenia, and Gholgoth are regions I have more limited experience with, and thus, can not provide a full critique on - I'm more familiar with certain individuals in each of these three, and as such my critique, I feel - would be too far biased towards positive or negative.

In the above, I tried to balance out negative and positive aspects of those regions I do, and have had past experience with. Obviously, this is opinionated, and experience to these regions may be different - I've intentionally left names, or any other issues that may be specific out, and request to not be telegrammed for further inquiry into these, since I'd like to not taint one's impression without meeting these regions themselves. Cheers.

Mind you these regions are more directed at MT/PMT - There's not really a specific 'FT' region, FT's community is different and the remnant of the MT community, where Regions were less of a central application to RP and life on NS. To become active in FT, I'd recommend getting on Esper.net and connecting to #NSFT, and #NSLegion for assistance, inquiries, and to meet the community at hand. As far as PT communities, I'm sadly not familiar with and as such can not provide an assessment.
Last edited by Geanna on Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

"We dance on the lines of our destruction and continuation, to waltz and achieve the happiness of our existence, and to be the laughter in a world of silence."

Bubba Reb
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bubba Reb » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:39 pm

Wow! Geanna, that was an extremely helpfull, very informative post. One of the most helpfull I've seen here. Thanks a bunch!
Bubba Rebs sock drawer

Gradea
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Gradea » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:10 am

Bubba Reb wrote:Wow! Geanna, that was an extremely helpfull, very informative post. One of the most helpfull I've seen here. Thanks a bunch!

My post looks terrible compared to that. Psst! Move to Werewolves of the Flame!

Sukagu
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sukagu » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:14 am

Eavris is brand spanking new. Needs some work but it could easily be made into something you can hang in with your input!

Gradea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gradea » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:18 am

Sukagu wrote:Eavris is brand spanking new. Needs some work but it could easily be made into something you can hang in with your input!

Good luck on your region! :)

Gradea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gradea » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:30 am

Check out my new region, The Gradean Empire!

Larrylykinsland
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Larrylykinsland » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:23 am

If you're looking for rp go to Glorious Nations of Iwaku.
Last edited by Larrylykinsland on Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay