NATION

PASSWORD

The Miniluv Messenger: TEP Liberated!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:02 pm

Unibot III wrote:We're a great region because even the most miserable of rejects (see Sedge for more details) can feel at home with us and feel as though they are truly welcome here to be who they are and express themselves and their creativity. That's what I love about TRR - it's the people that the eject button happen to bring us - and I don't need to compare us to anyone else to know that.

*waves a TRR flag, TRR regional anthem blaring in the background, fireworks everywhere*

GOD BLESS AMERICA THE REJECTED REALMS!

...and false patriotism. :P
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:47 pm

Rifty wrote:
Solorni wrote:@Rifty: If you don't understand what I am stating, that is fine. I can prepare chicken many ways, but no matter which way I prepare it, it isn't beef. Rather it is still chicken.

Sorry I caught a case of Moderation :(

When I begin cooking the chicken - I am sure it'll be the same kind of meat by the end. However I think that you didn't check what kind of meat you started cooking. Thinking you grabbed out a T-Bone from a Stability Cow but in reality have yourself a pair of dictatorship ribs.

It's not a matter of a lack of understanding but that you keep avoiding the question. I am not questioning your capabilities as delegate - You've done a brilliant job at keeping the region active and working. I am questioning if how you go about achieving this standard of future stability will be similiar to how (And i'll say it now since i've asked multiple times without an answer...May have forgotten) we discussed an Autocratic leadership should be achieved in Balder.

A decrease in powers by other members although still being able to give them the same workload, The ending of delegate elections and the removal of a particular member who as you said would never support such a thing. Is this how it will be achieved?

I think the problem is that you don't seem to realize the difference between a constitutional monarchy and an autocracy.... There is a clear difference between the two Rifty and once you look them up it should make sense to you.

@Unibot: I am going to have to agree with EW. You talk about how comparing regions is a bad thing somehow and then go on to say how TRR is the best for members who wish to feel "truly" welcome and able to express their creativity best in TRR. So, somehow I compare two aspects with 4 regions and that is wrong but then you suggest that TRR is #1 in all of NS for these traits. Yeah, you can go take your fake patriotism somewhere else.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:42 pm

I live in a Constituonal Monarchy if you hadn't realised. In which case the Monarch has very minimal power and can be compared to that of a figurehead. If what Balder was aiming for was a Constituonal monarchy the Statesminister would be ELECTED into the delegate seat and you'd retain a permanent position of very minimal power.

But sure you could end up completely destroying the Constitution to allow yourself to have far more powers. Funny that since we had discussed the proposal of laws in the legislator by myself which you would back and in turn the rest of your "fanboys".

So no...this is in no way a Constituonal monarchy.

What we have here is more than the beginning of a dictatorship starting to form. Nothing more than your fear of losing power to drive this latest act of corruption.

I'm excited about this - Eapecially since I've never said that dictatorships are bad. What gives me the shits is that you are trying to play it off as something other than trying to bolster your own power.
Last edited by Rifty on Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:23 am

Yes, because the long term trend of the delegacy losing its political power and my hopes of lessening the political power of the delegacy considerably by making the Statsminister the prime focus is a dictatorship. Furthermore, by your definition every region with an executive founder is a dictatorship. Rifty, you really need to look up what dictatorship and autocracy mean :P
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:50 am

Solorni wrote:Yes, because the long term trend of the delegacy losing its political power and my hopes of lessening the political power of the delegacy considerably by making the Statsminister the prime focus is a dictatorship. Furthermore, by your definition every region with an executive founder is a dictatorship. Rifty, you really need to look up what dictatorship and autocracy mean :P

You keep avoiding the questions Rach...But rather just saying I don't know what i'm on about. How hard is it to say that you will or won't be going about achieving this stability through the means we discussed?
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:57 am

Rifty wrote:
Solorni wrote:Yes, because the long term trend of the delegacy losing its political power and my hopes of lessening the political power of the delegacy considerably by making the Statsminister the prime focus is a dictatorship. Furthermore, by your definition every region with an executive founder is a dictatorship. Rifty, you really need to look up what dictatorship and autocracy mean :P

You keep avoiding the questions Rach...But rather just saying I don't know what i'm on about. How hard is it to say that you will or won't be going about achieving this stability through the means we discussed?

I have literally told you what I'm going to be doing. If this differs from what we discussed, then obviously it is different... so the answer is obviously that it is different.
Last edited by Solorni on Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:06 am

Solorni wrote:
Rifty wrote:You keep avoiding the questions Rach...But rather just saying I don't know what i'm on about. How hard is it to say that you will or won't be going about achieving this stability through the means we discussed?

I have literally told you what I'm going to be doing. If this differs from what we discussed, then obviously it is different... so the answer is obviously that it is different.

Yeah that is true - But the point i'm trying to make is that I doubt it'll stop here
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Lugus Triune
Attaché

Founded: Jul 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lugus Triune » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:26 pm

Rifty wrote:Yeah that is true - But the point i'm trying to make is that I doubt it'll stop here

Thanks for doing your best to ensure everybody here is aware of your opinion. It's impressive that even after dragging this so far, you haven't been able to clearly give any reason why you think Rach is going to strip away all our political freedoms. As has been pointed out, if she wanted a dictatorship, she could just coup the region and abolish the position of Statsminister.
HEADWEAR =/= HATS YOU SEMI-LITERATE BARBARIANS

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:40 pm

And quite frankly the idea of a tyrant or absolute monarchy in an Aristotle sense doesn't have long term appeal.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

The Iron Rebel
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 08, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Iron Rebel » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:57 pm

Lugus Triune wrote:
Rifty wrote:Yeah that is true - But the point i'm trying to make is that I doubt it'll stop here

Thanks for doing your best to ensure everybody here is aware of your opinion. It's impressive that even after dragging this so far, you haven't been able to clearly give any reason why you think Rach is going to strip away all our political freedoms. As has been pointed out, if she wanted a dictatorship, she could just coup the region and abolish the position of Statsminister.

I'm with him^

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:07 pm

The Iron Rebel wrote:
Lugus Triune wrote:Thanks for doing your best to ensure everybody here is aware of your opinion. It's impressive that even after dragging this so far, you haven't been able to clearly give any reason why you think Rach is going to strip away all our political freedoms. As has been pointed out, if she wanted a dictatorship, she could just coup the region and abolish the position of Statsminister.

I'm with him^

This is all assuming that you need to coup in order to be a dictator.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Pergamon
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pergamon » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:52 pm

"Dictatorships are often characterised by some of the following traits: suspension of elections and of civil liberties; proclamation of a state of emergency; rule by decree; repression of political opponents without abiding by rule of law procedures; these include single-party state, and cult of personality"
Source: Wiki

Let's check on this glorious list of traits and let us compare it with Balder's current delegate. Unless you say lexicons cannot be trusted. But to be honest: Getting rid of elections and being everyones darling might not make you a perfect dictator. In fact, calling out people "dictator" just for changes of policies might be a bit over the top. Don't you think? Only the real deal is worth being called dictator. Go home with the narrow-gauge tyrants you desperately search for.

Ps: Feel free to come back when you found a real one and lost your right to freely express your opinions, due to permanent fear of your oppressing overlord.
PACIFICA STAND STRONG

Senator Emeritus of The Pacific - Ret. Regent of the New Pacific Order

"The only war that matters is the war of the Feederite Class against the Userite. UCR Organizations and Cabals that befoul GCR with their presence, disguised as ruling elite within them, must be removed and their power must be broken. This is the ultimate imperative of the Revolutionaries true to the GCR and the Pacifics, which have nothing to lose but the chains from Userite oppression."

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:47 pm

Lugus Triune wrote:

Well - I kinda do have reason to believe it.

We discussed it before and she made clear she couldn't just up and do it because of people flipping out. She has provided nothing as a rebuttal other than "Id do it this way" or assuming what i say is wrong just because I am not an expert on Government systems.

So no - Until something quantitative can be put forward my points stand valid.

Solorni wrote:And quite frankly the idea of a tyrant or absolute monarchy in an Aristotle sense doesn't have long term appeal.

Who the hell knows if this is the truth or not..

As I have repeated time and time again - I do not stand against Rach's leadership or any form of dictatorship. What I stand against is this Bullshit little game of "It's for the stability" that no one but her fanboys are buying.
Last edited by Rifty on Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Lugus Triune
Attaché

Founded: Jul 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lugus Triune » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:33 am

You keep saying that she told you, and alone, that she plans on ridding Balder of democracy. Sorry, but I don't think that Rach would reveal her dastardly plot to some nobody she talked to a few times, and not her advisers and friends.
Rifty wrote:What I stand against is this Bullshit little game of "It's for the stability" that no one but her fanboys are buying.

That's just stupid. Many people in this thread have at least considered that stability is a good reason, some have even expressed support of varying degrees. You've implied that all of them are just fanboys, which is a lazy and childish argument. Grow up.
HEADWEAR =/= HATS YOU SEMI-LITERATE BARBARIANS

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:15 am

Lugus Triune wrote:You keep saying that she told you, and alone, that she plans on ridding Balder of democracy. Sorry, but I don't think that Rach would reveal her dastardly plot to some nobody she talked to a few times, and not her advisers and friends.
Rifty wrote:What I stand against is this Bullshit little game of "It's for the stability" that no one but her fanboys are buying.

That's just stupid. Many people in this thread have at least considered that stability is a good reason, some have even expressed support of varying degrees. You've implied that all of them are just fanboys, which is a lazy and childish argument. Grow up.

But that isn't what i'm saying... xD

We discussed on how we'd go about a drastic decrease in democracy within Balder - Among other things. Not that she "told" me of her plans. We discussed and planned it out. This wasn't so much her plot but something that was being looked into.

Stupid? XD

Yet again - You screwed up in reading. I said that only her "fanboys" are the ones buying this is for stability. Not that only her fanboys are supportive of it. I myself am supportive of it.

And don't you dare call me childish for calling them fanboys when she is the one I learnt of using the term - that is what you have all become.

...I think for the 50th time - I am supportive of the change I am just not supportive of this bullshit little charade that it's for stability rather than personal gain.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

The Miniluv Messenger
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miniluv Messenger » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:19 am

Big Brother is watching Gameplay

The Boys Who Cried Wolf: Former TSP Cabinet Ministers Contest Election Results

Unibot, Sandaoguo contend before the High Court of The South Pacific that Wolf's election to Minister of Foreign Affairs is invalid.

By Cormac Skollvaldr

FUDGETOPIA - Controversy has rocked the Coalition of The South Pacific following the conclusion of March Cabinet elections that saw incumbents Unibot and Sandaoguo (Glen-Rhodes) replaced by challengers Aramanchovia and Wolf (Evil Wolf) for, respectively, Chair of the Assembly and Minister of Foreign Affairs. The controversy surrounds a decision by Election Commissioner Hileville to declare a vote cast in the election for Minister of Foreign Affairs invalid, on the grounds that the voter in question, Railana, did not meet activity requirements of citizenship and therefore was no longer a citizen at the time of voting, despite retaining citizenship masking. Had Railana's vote been counted as valid, the result of the election would have been a 24-24 tie between Sandaoguo and Wolf and would have necessitated a run-off election. With Railana's vote invalidated, Wolf is the election victor by a margin of one vote.

Hileville had initially declined to certify the results pending a decision from the High Court on a petition he had filed, then withdrew the judicial petition upon independently deciding that the Election Commissioner possessed the authority to invalidate Railana's vote. Sandaoguo has argued before the High Court that Hileville should have proceeded with a run-off election while awaiting the Court's decision, and has now petitioned for a decision on the validity of Railana's vote. Citizens of The South Pacific are divided on the matter, with some insisting that the Election Commissioner has the power to determine that a voter is not a citizen and others arguing that only forum administrators can make such a determination by removing citizenship masking. The Charter and statutory law of The South Pacific appear to be ambiguous on the issue.

Unibot has separately petitioned the Court regarding an alleged affiliation omitted from Wolf's conflict of interest disclosure, a disclosure that is mandatory for every candidate for elected office in The South Pacific. Unibot contends that Wolf omitted membership in the paramilitary organization known as The Empire, though Wolf acknowledged residency in The East Pacific during the Empire coup d'etat in 2008 and included his resident nation in his disclosure. Unibot argues that disclosing residency in The East Pacific was not sufficient, as The Empire is a non-regional organization. Wolf maintains that he is not and was never a member of such an organization and that his affiliation with The Empire began and ended with residency in The East Pacific, affiliated with The Empire only in its capacity as the rogue government of The East Pacific at the time.

Both matters before the High Court have been the cause of bitter accusations between citizens of The South Pacific. Sandaoguo has accused Hileville of "a disgusting display of corrupt behavior" for his decisions regarding invalidation of Railana's vote, withdrawal of his judicial petition, and certification of the election results in favor of Wolf. Wolf, meanwhile, has accused Unibot of filing his petition "as an attempt to get is (sic) political ally Glen elected, dispite (sic) Glen losing the election fair and square." This latter sentiment has been echoed by other citizens of The South Pacific as well, with former Delegate Escade noting that such issues being raised after rather than before an election concludes "seems opportunistic."

There is no announced timetable for the High Court's ruling on the election results, and the decision has been complicated by justices having perceived conflicts of interest that may require their recusal.

The race for Minister of Foreign Affairs was primarily characterized by a mostly ideological debate between Sandaoguo, Wolf, and their respective supporters over the propriety and efficacy of trying to reach out to regions representing a broad spectrum of gameplay alignments, particularly imperialist regions. Other prominent issues included the merits of restoring foreign update delivery to The South Pacific's embassies abroad and the propriety of an earlier Cabinet decision to remove Belschaft's citizenship for posing a security threat. In recent weeks, The South Pacific has seen contentious and at times bitter debates over that security threat designation as well as decisions by the Vice Delegate to deny citizenship to several applicants on security grounds. These debates, in turn, stem from Operation Brave Toaster, the covert plot organized by Belschaft and Todd McCloud to subvert the democratic processes of the Coalition of The South Pacific for their own political ends, a plot originally exposed by an earlier edition of the Messenger.

Correction: Sandaoguo was not the incumbent Minister of Foreign Affairs during the March 2015 Cabinet elections in The South Pacific. The Miniluv Messenger regrets the error.
Last edited by The Miniluv Messenger on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Miniluv Messenger
Big Brother is Watching Gameplay

NationStates Forum | Dispatches

Please up-vote our dispatches!

Tim Stark
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tim Stark » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:40 am

A well written and very informative article from the Miniluv Messenger. I'll have to keep watching this develop.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Steward of The Frontier | Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:45 am

Congrats to all the winners. Hail o/
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Ambrella
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Ambrella » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:10 am

I was surprised that this hadn't trickled out into gameplay already. It's been quite the circus.
Sopo, former big wig of Europeia and denizen of Bloopsjooj.

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:16 am

May Wolf's win be validated and his policies forever steer TSP in a positive direction. o7
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:47 pm

Ambrella wrote:I was surprised that this hadn't trickled out into gameplay already. It's been quite the circus.

You can usually count on me to eventually cover a circus in a Feeder. :P

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:59 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:
Ambrella wrote:I was surprised that this hadn't trickled out into gameplay already. It's been quite the circus.

You can usually count on me to eventually cover a circus in a Feeder. :P

Indeed.

Also, I really hope that the election results stick. I never liked Unibot and GR in those positions when they were initially elected, and to see them both unseated would be fantastic.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:23 pm

Yet more drama in TSP.
Last edited by Consular on Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:31 am

Ridersyl wrote:
Cormac Stark wrote:You can usually count on me to eventually cover a circus in a Feeder. :P

Indeed.

Also, I really hope that the election results stick. I never liked Unibot and GR in those positions when they were initially elected, and to see them both unseated would be fantastic.

That's a little unfair. I can't say I like or agree with Glen much when it comes to gameplay and all that, but Glen at least cares about TSP despite those personal differences.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:14 am

Zaolat wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:
Indeed.

That's a little unfair. I can't say I like or agree with Glen much when it comes to gameplay and all that, but Glen at least cares about TSP despite those personal differences.

I never said anything contrary to that. GR can continue to care about TSP after he's been officially elected out.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay