NATION

PASSWORD

Osiris Fraternal Order

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:51 pm

Xoriet wrote:And they wonder why I chose the defender side when I picked a personal alignment. Not caring about anything is so passé. :p

Works for me :P

Whoops sorry Koth.
Last edited by Drop Your Pants on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:55 pm

Feuer Ritter wrote:Well Cormac, I guess you don't know I'm not TBR and never will be again so leave that aside. My concept about rider purity goes to extreme as I exclude regionalism completely, everything is raidable. And this is the meaning of true raider, not caring about anything, just causing havoc. As for Osiris, I never gave a damn about it, when I heard it was just a coup it was a "meh" moment, a waste of time and manpower for coup play instead of breaking that sinker apart or make it a TBR playground. And yes, If I would have the occasion to raid it, I would because is just another region out there.

Well, thank you for confirming everything I already knew about raiders participating in Osiris, and Feeders and Sinkers in general. :P
Last edited by Cormac Stark on Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KaelThas Quilor
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby KaelThas Quilor » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:01 pm

Ritter is to all raiders as Ravania and Unibot are to defenders.
The Main Nation of the Player also known as Cerian Quilor. I am still Cerian the player, just with a different Main.
The Bruce wrote:I sometimes suspect that Cerian Quilor is here to harvest the tears of young, ambitious nations.

Cormac Stark wrote:my opinion of me, as usual, is the only one that matters. :p
Attorney General, Republic of Europeia
Captain in the Europeian Republican Navy
Citizen, The New Inqusition

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:13 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:Well, thank you for confirming everything I already knew about raiders participating in Osiris, and Feeders and Sinkers in general.

Confirmation bias, wheeeeeeeeee~.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Common-Sense Politics
Envoy

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Common-Sense Politics » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:14 pm

KaelThas Quilor wrote:Ritter is to all raiders as Ravania and Unibot are to defenders.

That might be an unfair comparison. :p
President of Europeia

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:21 pm

KaelThas Quilor wrote:Ritter is to all raiders as Ravania and Unibot are to defenders.

I'm not seeing any indication in this thread, based on what they're saying, that his comments aren't at least representative of opinion among The Black Riders.

Lugus Triune
Attaché

Founded: Jul 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lugus Triune » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:22 pm

But are the Black Riders representative of all raiders? :p
HEADWEAR =/= HATS YOU SEMI-LITERATE BARBARIANS

Kogvuron
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kogvuron » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:24 pm

Lugus Triune wrote:But are the Black Riders representative of all raiders? :p

Well if you believe that TNI and LKE are imperialists... then yeah I think they are
"It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul. " - William Ernest Henley

"Cowards die many times before their deaths,
The valiant never taste of death but once." - Julius Caesar

Feuer Ritter
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Feuer Ritter » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:29 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:

I'm not seeing any indication in this thread, based on what they're saying, that his comments aren't at least representative of opinion among The Black Riders.

I'm not saying that there aren't Black Riders that share my point of view regarding raiding (and that may be my fault to some extent), because there are some, but I don't speak for them.

Manegarmr
Attaché

Founded: Mar 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Manegarmr » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:41 pm

Feuer Ritter wrote:Well Cormac, I guess you don't know I'm not TBR and never will be again so leave that aside. My concept about rider purity goes to extreme as I exclude regionalism completely, everything is raidable. And this is the meaning of true raider, not caring about anything, just causing havoc. As for Osiris, I never gave a damn about it, when I heard it was just a coup it was a "meh" moment, a waste of time and manpower for coup play instead of breaking that sinker apart or make it a TBR playground. And yes, If I would have the occasion to raid it, I would because is just another region out there.

Das Imperium?

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:45 pm

Seeeeeeeriously not the thread for this. Plenty of other places to discuss what "pure raiding" is. The OFO thread is for discussion of Osiris.
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

Corvus Corax
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Corax » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:25 pm

...what Osiris should be.

Excuse which could slightly change my stances concerning GCRs. Not much though. :p
Messenger of The Witch-Queen of Cimmeria

Trick Shot
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trick Shot » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:25 am

Ambroscus Koth wrote:Seeeeeeeriously not the thread for this. Plenty of other places to discuss what "pure raiding" is. The OFO thread is for discussion of Osiris.

^^^^^
Discussion of pure raiding can be put in its own thread, the TBR thread if it is about TBR, or any of the 10,000 raider Skype convos I have had the pleasure to be in. Thank you.
Festavo Montresor-Stark
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris | Sergeant of The Black Hawks
Raiding like it should be: Sleepers, Griefing and Fun
Marelius wrote:You got Festavo'd

Revall wrote:Festavo is an off his rocker cowboy capable of anything at the drop of a hat

Nuke wrote:But can you really be more dangerous than Festavo? Now that guy is a real fucking OG.

Valrifell wrote:God dammit Fest, you think too much!

Osiris Fraternal Order (Ancient)
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Osiris Fraternal Order (Ancient) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:26 pm

Osiris Fraternal Order Foreign Update
February Edition

Osiris Ratifies Non-Aggression Pact With The Rejected Realms

In a turn of events along the line of Pharaoh Tim Stark's Foreign Affairs Agenda of repairing the Osiran image and demonstrating independence, the Deshret of the Osiris Fraternal Order has ratified a non-aggression pact with The Rejected Realms. Though one did previously exist between the two regions, it was unfortunately severed due to what Pharaoh Tim Stark is still trying to make trend as the "Osiris/Lazarus Kerfuffle". With an interest in renewing the amiable relationship that existed before the kerfuffle, embassies were re-opened, and a new version of the non-aggression pact was drafted, debated, and ratified. Passed by the Deshret on February 23rd, and passed by the Assembly of The Rejected Realms on February 28th. The primary changes from the old version to this one are a preface stating the intent for renewal of positive relationships, and a six-month bar on termination of the pact from the day is put into force. The reasoning for the latter change was to avoid emotionally charged situations, such as the O/L Kerfuffle, which lasted only a few weeks yet significantly impacted foreign affairs without any benefit for Osiris and those it cut relations with, and it will hopefully ensure further stability within both the internal and the external state of the now relatively long-standing Osiris Fraternal Order.

The Osiris Pharaoh had this to say on the passage of the pact:
I'm very happy to see this passing the Deshret, as well as seeing it passing TRR's Assembly, as there was certainly plenty of tense debate on the topic and I at times had doubt if it would see fruition. Out of all the hurdles that faced my goal of renewing all the relations we ended up losing due to the conflict with Lazarus, this was certainly one of the largest ones, and it's certainly a relief to leap the hurdle successfully. I'm very confident that this non-aggression pact can be of benefit to Osiris, as well as to The Rejected Realms, and would like to thank all of the Deshret Councilors who voted in support of it, as well as any and all councilors who may have provided to the debate on it, whether in support of it or against.

As the Pharaoh says, hopefully this shall lead to positive things for Osiris, and allow for focus on other pertinent areas, both internal and external, now that the renewal of former relations is nearing completion. There have certainly already been plenty of visible changes in other areas, such as the Pharaoh's endorsement count moving up to over 125, the appointments of new Security Council members, and the implementation of weekly telegram updates to the region at large, which will hopefully keep the non-citizen nations informed and potentially interest them enough to join the Osiris Fraternal Order's forum. Finally, to avoid starting controversy in Gameplay, we'd like to clarify that the Osiris Administration has indeed checked with its allies that are in a state of war with the FRA, and is confident that the Non-Aggression Pact with The Rejected Realms will have no negative impact on its strong relations with those regions.

New Hedjet Scribes Appointed

In a long-awaited turn of events, two more Scribes have been appointed to the Hedjet of the Osiris Fraternal Order, therefore finally completing the entire intended Cabinet of Tim Stark's Administration. Proposed to the Deshret, and promptly confirmed, were Tomb, as Scribe of Culture, and Festavo, as Scribe of War. After a fairly lengthy application period, the Pharaoh selected these two as his preferred candidates, with what is reported as "full confidence" in both of his choices. Both Tomb and Festavo applied with fairly extensive amounts of experience, as well as very positive goals, making the Deshret hearings pretty easy. It is strongly believed that both will find great success and will lead their respective areas of the Osiris Fraternal Order towards greater prosperity.

When asked about his appointment, War Scribe Festavo provided these comments:

The Sekhmet Legion will be badass... I mean erm the Sekhmet Legion will begin a new era of efficiency and activity and I am glad I have been privileged to lead this.

Certainly a strong promise from the new Scribe, and one that will hopefully become true. Already, Osirans living near the Temple of Sekhmet have been lodging noise complaints about the sounds of military industry coming from inside. Taking a page out of the book of The People's Republic of Lazarus, OFO Administration reports that this is due to increased iron production, for weapons of glorious conflict do not come cheap. The Sekhmet Legion has already demonstrated it does indeed exist by deploying to assist The North Pacific in its Delegate Transfer. However, this certainly won't be the limit for its activity, and there's a certainty that Festavo can take it to bigger and better heights!

On the flip side, Culture Scribe Tomb illustrated goals such as regional interviews, contests, and a greater promotion of Roleplay in Osiris, as well as utilization of the Egyptian Theme that Osiris has, any of which sound like a great way for the Culture of Osiris to develop towards. With a great set of ideas like those, there's certainly going to be more culture in Osiris these days, with plenty of stuff to do for those who might not be as inclined towards politics of the military.

Best of luck to both new Scribes!

Trouble in the Courts

After a period of time that it would be hard to call anything but stagnant, the Pschent of the Osiris Fraternal Order has come to life in the past few days, though court action is rarely a positive, and it certainly wasn't sunshine and rainbows this time.

With the resignation of both r3n and Josh Sebastian from the Pschent, the traditionally three-member Court was down to one member. Needing a third member pretty quick, Pharaoh Emeritus Lord Ravenclaw, having recently returned to Osiris, was appointed to one of the spots and promptly confirmed. At this point of the time, the other position on the court is still vacant, but will hopefully be filled as soon as a viable candidate is found.

In the court itself, though, business is booming. So far, two trials have graced its hallowed halls. Osiris Fraternal Order v. Cormac Stark, with the accused charged with Treason, came to a quick conclusion due to the defendants plea of guilty. Sentenced to a twelve-month ban from the region, a six-month ban from the forum, and a fifteen-month ban on citizenship and diplomatic access, along with other limitations regarding a return as a citizen, Cormac chose not to appeal and the sentence has been enacted.Also recently resolved is Osiris Fraternal Order v. Ridersyl, with the accused having been charged with Conspiracy to Forum Destruction. Although the charge for Conspiracy was dismissed, he was found guilty on the charge of Forum Destruction and sentenced to a year-long ban from the region and forum, as well as a fifteen month ban from citizenship, diplomatic status, and cultural gatepass, as well as a few other provisions. Ridersyl has the right to appeal this ruling if he wishes.

Hopefully, with the conclusion of the Ridersyl trial, and resolution of other filed charges, the Pschent may return to its relative peace, as the removal of members of community, regardless of the crime, always holds some pain to do.

Endorsements Hitting New Highs

In a very exciting continuation of events, Pharaoh Tim Stark's endorsement count continues to rise, now sitting around the 130 endorsement mark. Thanks in part to the influx of nations from the dissolved Association of Imperialism, as well as continuous tarting, this number has continued to gradually grow from the 100 endorsement mark reached earlier in February, and will hopefully continue growing! Along with the obvious benefits of having more endorsements, such as a significant increase in the World Assembly power of Osiris, this has allowed for increases to the Security Council endorsement caps of Osiris, which will then allow for even better establishment of nations for the pretty necessary Osiris Influence Security Net.

An enthusiastic Pharaoh Tim Stark had this to say:
Yeah, it's pretty nice. Osiris Delegates have been at the bottom of the GCR Delegates List based on endorsements, and although we're still at the bottom, we're pushing quickly to get out of that and to levels at least equal to the other sinkers. I mean, ideally, the dream is that one day we might hit as much as the Feeders have, but I might be dreaming a bit too much when I talk about that. Still, it's a possibility! Really, I figure I've just got to keep tarting as much as possible, while also yelling at people to join the World Assembly, and eventually it might work out. That's how the professionals do it, right?

As of the time of writing this, the endorsement levels are as follows:

1. SillyString (TNP) - 540
2. Darkesia (TWP) - 266
3. Krulltopia (TP) - 255
4. Tsunamy (TSP) - 242
5. Xoriet (TEP) - 225
6. Solorni (Balder) - 154
7. Stujenske (Lazarus) - 147
8. Unibot III (TRR) - 136
9. Tim Stark (Osiris) - 129

As clearly visible, Tim Stark has been gaining on Unibot's endorsement count, and will hopefully be able to surpass it and continue on to potentially surpass Stujenske and Solorni in the rankings as well.

Personals!

In an attempt to do something new, we've added "Personals" to this edition... here we go.

"Dear TSP, please give us our drama back"
- Nobody

Dear Feuer Ritter, not taking the time to make an occupation fun because you don't care about anything is so passe.
- Xoriet

YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS

Single eyed, white male, seeking collegiate cheerleading squad to assist with midlife crisis.
- Ainocra

Darkfeathered bird, lonely due to long-term absence of Leonine husband seeks nest-mate for tweeting good times.
- Raven

THE DRESS IS WHITE AND GOLD

Drunkard looking for AA group. Pukes often, occasionally on children.

Dear Koth, love you~
- Aurum

Thanks for Reading!

Written by Tim Stark
Edited by the Hedjet

Joshua Ravenclaw
Secretary

Founded: May 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Joshua Ravenclaw » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:36 pm

In just over a week I have ruled on two of the most contentious cases in Osiran history. I've decided another judge can do the next one, I need a rest. For those interested in seeing the full verdicts, as presiding Elder, I have the authority to release them and am working on something relating to that.
Joshua Ravenclaw
Founder and Archon-Basileus of the Kingdom of Alexandria
Pharaoh-Emeritus of Osiris | Chief Elder of the Pschent, Osiris

Formerly Pharaoh, World Assembly Delegate, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Guardian of the Atef and House Registrar of Osiris; Minister of Culture for the North Pacific; Minister of Information for Balder; Chancellor, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Head Admin of the New Galactic Empire; Minister of Foreign Affairs for the South Pacific;

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:43 pm

Thanks for the update!
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:14 pm

Osiris Fraternal Order wrote:Dear Koth, love you~
- Aurum

:blush:
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

Gradea
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Gradea » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:24 pm

Nice update Osiris!

Trick Shot
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trick Shot » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:16 pm

Veysail has been refounded in the name of the Sekhmet Legion of the Osiris Fraternal Order! It was the result of a swift and short sleeper operation. As you can see in the picture above, Veysail's defenses were inadequate to say the least.

Lieutenant Colonel Revall and Private Aurum Rider provided excellent support to Marshal General Festavo's first refound and Sekhmet Legion raid of his tenure

Festavo Montresor-Stark
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris | Sergeant of The Black Hawks
Raiding like it should be: Sleepers, Griefing and Fun
Marelius wrote:You got Festavo'd

Revall wrote:Festavo is an off his rocker cowboy capable of anything at the drop of a hat

Nuke wrote:But can you really be more dangerous than Festavo? Now that guy is a real fucking OG.

Valrifell wrote:God dammit Fest, you think too much!

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:03 pm

Trick Shot wrote:Veysail has been refounded in the name of the Sekhmet Legion of the Osiris Fraternal Order! It was the result of a swift and short sleeper operation. As you can see in the picture above, Veysail's defenses were inadequate to say the least.

Lieutenant Colonel Revall and Private Aurum Rider provided excellent support to Marshal General Festavo's first refound and Sekhmet Legion raid of his tenure

Darn that Veysail, the arch-nemesis of Osiris! I remember that time they...

Oh wait, what did they do to Osiris to inspire the griefing and hawking of their region again?

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:07 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:Darn that Veysail, the arch-nemesis of Osiris! I remember that time they...

Oh wait, what did they do to Osiris to inspire the griefing and hawking of their region again?

Cormac, you don't even like Osiris, why do you care? :P
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:10 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:
Trick Shot wrote:Veysail has been refounded in the name of the Sekhmet Legion of the Osiris Fraternal Order! It was the result of a swift and short sleeper operation. As you can see in the picture above, Veysail's defenses were inadequate to say the least.

When a military hasn't done anything for any amount of time within recent memory, you stop looking for reasons to spur activity and just do.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:11 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:Cormac, you don't even like Osiris, why do you care? :P

I would say that's a misinterpretation of my views regarding Osiris. Which is not surprising given that you haven't been anywhere near Osiris in well over a year, were never active when you were there, and have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Valrifell wrote:When a military hasn't done anything for any amount of time within recent memory, you stop looking for reasons to spur activity and just do.

So this is why the Legion griefed and hawked a region? Something to do?

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:15 pm

Last I checked, Osiris was an Imperialist region.

Imperialist
noun
1. The policy of extending the rule or authority of an empire or nation over foreign countries, or of acquiring and holding colonies and dependencies.

Just because it's a no-name region, doesn't mean it's not more than has been done in a loooong time. Maybe this will help grow the Legion to more than four active members as well :P
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Revall
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Revall » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:17 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:

There was the nasty matter of Veysail's prodigal son having a fling with a high ranking Osiran official's daughter but then he proceeded to disavow all knowledge of any such relationship when it came to light and so we decided to teach those irksome Veysailians a lesson via the delights of poetic justice.

Yes it was just to get back into the swing of things just to start getting back out there for the first time in literally months. I mean if you want a deep reason see above but otherwise yah.
Last edited by Revall on Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TRE★Noblus Maximus★TRE
Revall Au SilverStorm
Praefect of The Roman Empire
----------------------------------_________☸ Introduce A Little Chaos ☸_________----------------------------------

The artist formerly, now re-coknown as Noblephnx but don't trust anything my sig tells you ITS A BETRAYER OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay