NATION

PASSWORD

Fastest region to reach 100 nations

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:12 am

Roski wrote:
Rifty wrote:Well I haven't reached 500 myself...so :P

I want to one day~

Imperial Virmir made a region that had 546+ of his puppets in them. All those puppets have been booted for inactivity though

Exactly - puppets. We're looking at regions filled with real people.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

Starkiller101
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Starkiller101 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:55 pm

Riotopia wrote:Silent something got 100 nations in about... 10 minutes. At most.
That's my attempt to get more nations than the GCR (the feeders) which is going well so far, some people on the forums though think it's pointless...but.
Last edited by Starkiller101 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roll tide. Your local ''Floridman'' who should have left long ago xD

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:58 pm

Starkiller101 wrote:
Riotopia wrote:Silent something got 100 nations in about... 10 minutes. At most.
That's my attempt to get more nations than the GCR (the feeders) which is going well so far, some people on the forums though think it's pointless...but.

Because It is - There is nothing impressive about spamming puppets...
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

The Bruce
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Bruce » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:04 am

Gradea wrote:I set up a region (Lightmont) yesterday with a puppet and it already has two other nations. It got me wondering: what region has taken the least time to reach the elusive 100 nations mark?

It's a tough thing to track. Players that build regions will track this on a case by case basis, since activity levels are different at different time of the year and in different years. It is noticeable when it's done right though. I don't think I'd count region moves or puppet dumps as examples of successful models for building up a region. In one case its something going wrong to forcing them elsewhere and in the other it's the NationStates equivalent of masturbation.

The regions that have done the best job (getting big, fast) did it by doing a few things.

1) They had a online community elsewhere or had a group of people they knew offline that they could form a region with. This lays a strong foundation for a regional community. One of the biggest player created regions, very early in the game, that grew rapidly and had some staying power was college campus membership based. Motivating an online group to form a large region can be difficult, because the online group they were part of is already what they were online for and they might not be interested in something unrelated. That and you have some lurker lag to overcome. So if you have a lot of friends, are part of a sports team, classroom, or dorm you've got the potential basis of a regional community.

2) Recruiting. Lots of recruiting. If you have a foundation of people you know in real life already active in your region it will be more appealing to nation states you send recruiting telegrams to. When you recruit in the feeders and sinkers (game created regions) it's generally a waste of time to recruit any nation with a population of more than 500 million. If they were interested in going somewhere they'd have gone there by now. On recruiting in player created regions: don't be that guy. Nobody likes it and nobody will like you for doing it.

3) Activity. Lots of activity. People want to move to an active region. If they don't see anything going on in your region it's going to be hard to convince them to move there. It's a bit of a chicken and egg problem, one that can be overcome by getting people you know to make nations and establish a region before you recruit. If you're not someone who's good at creating regional activity and events, then you'd better have someone involved in the creation of the region who does.

4) Oh, Shiny!There should be something about your region that makes people want to move there. Even if you have a big region, you need something that catches people's attention or has a theme that appeals to players.

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:23 am

The Bruce wrote:2) Recruiting. Lots of recruiting. If you have a foundation of people you know in real life already active in your region it will be more appealing to nation states you send recruiting telegrams to. When you recruit in the feeders and sinkers (game created regions) it's generally a waste of time to recruit any nation with a population of more than 500 million. If they were interested in going somewhere they'd have gone there by now. On recruiting in player created regions: don't be that guy. Nobody likes it and nobody will like you for doing it.

3) Activity. Lots of activity. People want to move to an active region. If they don't see anything going on in your region it's going to be hard to convince them to move there. It's a bit of a chicken and egg problem, one that can be overcome by getting people you know to make nations and establish a region before you recruit. If you're not someone who's good at creating regional activity and events, then you'd better have someone involved in the creation of the region who does.

If I have learnt anything in the GCRs - It's they hate recruitment just as much. Pretty much if you don't want to piss off anyone you can only target new, refounds and ejects. Recruitment is a touchy area. You can recruit with no boundaries and earn yourself a community with ease - Or you can be timid about it and not piss off anyone; Ultimately leading to slower rate of growth. The biggest thing is just not to target those you wish to ally with. Recruiting over 500 million is how you do it mate - Get yourself someone experienced rather then a noob. I love me my all WA recruitment...100 WA members and the add on our military size. Awwwe~ <3

Above all else just be consistent with how you run the region - and persistent in doing it. No one wants to be in a region where you have a mass of activity in the first weeks and then nothing. Activity is where people slip up. With all regions i've been in it's rather shit until the point where you want to give up. You push past that and it all comes together.

/Only On Here A year So Ignore Everything I Say
Last edited by Rifty on Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Captain Apollo
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Captain Apollo » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:55 am

Back in the good ole days of Manual recruiting I got Ainur from 0 to 450 quite quickly.

Founded 7.1.2012 it had 1 nation.
20120707 -- 122
20120714 -- 226
20120721 -- 275
20120728 -- 338
20120730 -- 367
20120804 -- 402
20120811 -- 436
20120818 -- 453

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:13 am

Captain Apollo wrote:-snip-

Last edited by Sedgistan on Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod Edit: spoilering image
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Starkiller101
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Starkiller101 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:28 am

Rifty wrote:
Starkiller101 wrote:That's my attempt to get more nations than the GCR (the feeders) which is going well so far, some people on the forums though think it's pointless...but.

Because It is - There is nothing impressive about spamming puppets...
Not trying to be impressive. ;)
Roll tide. Your local ''Floridman'' who should have left long ago xD

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay