NATION

PASSWORD

Join the bulwark of Reformed Christianity on NationStates!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Khronion
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Khronion » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:50 pm

As much as I would like to continue to poke fun at this, I'll take a short break to say something a bit more serious.

I didn't expect the power-hungry, abusive, and close-minded wing of the church to show up here of all places. If Christianity means light, redemption, and love, to see these people continually condemn and pour hatred and malice on those around them... It is a poor showing indeed. Is it truly better to say "I believe the right things!" and in the process throw stones at everyone around you?

"The church is an absolute authority" -- and you claim to have perfect knowledge of what that looks like? You claim to be the arbiter and executer of truth? Your arrogance is even less-stomachable than most gameplay entities, because you decided to claim to have a divine right to it.

To the splinterists, I say this: move on, and forget this man. He will continue to condemn you and condemn all who rally behind you. There are greater and better things to be doing.

APN Recruiter
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby APN Recruiter » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:57 pm

I didn't set myself up as Christ, but I did say that the Church is an absolute authority, headed by Christ, its king.

This is an attack on the gospel, this mercenary-raider invasion; but I am confident in its failure.

Funny how they go from what they considered A&B's "dictatorship" to a mob rule of non-natives supported by foreign mercenaries. Mercs they are now including in their government that they have to hide behind cause without them their coup will not last. Like i said, funny.- Posse Comitatus

Stalwart Allies
Attaché

Founded: Nov 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stalwart Allies » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:59 pm

APN Recruiter wrote:I didn't set myself up as Christ, but I did say that the Church is an absolute authority, headed by Christ, its king.

This is an attack on the gospel, this mercenary-raider invasion; but I am confident in its failure.

We have in no way attacked the gospel. You are lying.
Q: Why is there something rather than nothing?
A: God

APN Recruiter
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby APN Recruiter » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:02 pm

Actually, this hostile mob takeover was an attack on the gospel. A&B should have been respected as the regional founder but as soon as he had no power, you and the others took it.

Funny how they go from what they considered A&B's "dictatorship" to a mob rule of non-natives supported by foreign mercenaries. Mercs they are now including in their government that they have to hide behind cause without them their coup will not last. Like i said, funny.- Posse Comitatus

Stalwart Allies
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Stalwart Allies » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:04 pm

APN Recruiter wrote:Actually, this hostile mob takeover was an attack on the gospel. A&B should have been respected as the regional founder but as soon as he had no power, you and the others took it.

It was not an attack on the gospel, it was a rebellion against you. I can't believe how much ego you have to not be able to tell the difference.

Khronion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Khronion » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:10 pm

Leave in peace, friends.

Stalwart Allies
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Stalwart Allies » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:16 pm

"All Hail Jumalariik!"
-Archeuland

Margno
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Margno » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:17 pm

APN Recruiter wrote:I didn't set myself up as Christ, but I did say that the Church is an absolute authority, headed by Christ, its king.

The church is an absolute monarchy headed by Christ.
Therefore the region should be an absolute monarchy headed by you.
Why would the second sentence follow from the first? Because you are the Christ to our church. Because we should think of you as Christ.
I've had enough of this. It's the same thing, from the charismatics who think they're all new prophets and pieces of God, to the fundamentalists who spend all their time thinking how much better God must think they are than other men, to the Mormons who think they're in the process of becoming Gods, to the liberal theologians who think God can't be any greater than themself and abstract Him into something manageable. Self worship. Pride is the central sin in Christianity, and always will be, regardless of what you think. The central virtue in Christianity is love, which Jesus defines as laying down your life for others. Jesus said that the last would be first, he praised meakness, Paul ordered Christians not to lord authority over anyone. Christianity is and will always be the exact opposite of what you're making it out to be: total self sacrifice, total submission to God, who is not yourself, but is greater than you, total humility. This idea of using religion to cast yourself as better than other people, demonized your opponents and the outgroup, and manipulate people for your own selfish goals isn't even original. It's the exact same thing that had been happening from the very first time someone called himself a priest. Your ideas are not new. Your idea that other people should think of you the way they think of God is not new. You're just the Pope under a new name. We won't do what you say? We're non Christians, secularists, raiders, Samaritans. I'm surprised you haven't called us gay yet.
If you want to slander everything that Christianity is, get in line, you're on the internet, you'll find plenty of support. But stop using our name.
Last edited by Margno on Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.
We have nothing to lose but the world. We have our souls to gain.
You!
Me.
Nothing you can possibly do can make God love you any more or any less.

The Union of the West
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of the West » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:20 pm

Wait, wait, wait.... Woah. Reformed Christianity? As in John Calvin?
☩ Orthodox Christian ☩
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.

Archeu-Gilneas
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Archeu-Gilneas » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:23 pm

The Union of the West wrote:Wait, wait, wait.... Woah. Reformed Christianity? As in John Calvin?

I had to distinguish with the other APNs who now claim our name, but as a Protestant region we do have Reformed elements. Why?
Founder of the first and second Alliance of Protestant Nations
Founder of the Biblical Assembly
Founder of the Gilnean Defense Coalition
My writings on theology and politics.

Khronion
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Khronion » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:24 pm

The Union of the West wrote:Wait, wait, wait.... Woah. Reformed Christianity? As in John Calvin?

Aren't you his delegate...?

The Union of the West
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of the West » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:25 pm

Khronion wrote:

Yes I am. I'm also Lutheran, not a Reformed Christian.
☩ Orthodox Christian ☩
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.

The Union of the West
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of the West » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:28 pm

Deian salazar wrote:
The Union of the West wrote:Yes I am. I'm also Lutheran, not a Reformed Christian.

NOW do you see why we left?

The split within the region had nothing to do with Calvinism.
☩ Orthodox Christian ☩

APN Recruiter
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby APN Recruiter » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:30 pm

The Union of the West wrote:
Khronion wrote:

Yes I am. I'm also Lutheran, not a Reformed Christian.

Well, I always think of Reformed Christianity as Protestantism as a whole. The product of the Reformation. Not a particular denomination (i.e., Calvinism).

Do Lutherans and Calvinists have major differences?

Margno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Margno » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:32 pm

Archeu-Gilneas wrote:

I had to distinguish with the other APNs who now claim our name, but as a Protestant region we do have Reformed elements. Why?

Down with Calvin. Anyone who says that God does not desire the salvation of all men doesn't know anything about God. And blatantly contradicts the bible.
Last edited by Margno on Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.
You!
Me.

Margno
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Margno » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:35 pm

APN Recruiter wrote:
The Union of the West wrote:Yes I am. I'm also Lutheran, not a Reformed Christian.

Well, I always think of Reformed Christianity as Protestantism as a whole. The product of the Reformation. Not a particular denomination (i.e., Calvinism).

You don't know the difference between Calvinists and Lutherans? And you're trying to set yourself up as the theological authority on Protestantism?
The unimaginable audacity.
You!
Me.

The Union of the West
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of the West » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:37 pm

APN Recruiter wrote:

Quite a bit, actually. For example, Lutherans believe in the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist, while Calvinists do not. They also hold different theories of worship and disagree on the use of God's law for believers. Calvinists also believe in double predestination, in which some are predestined to Heaven, others predestined to Hell. Lutherans believe some are predestined to Heaven, but no one is predestined to Hell, because God wants all to be saved.
Last edited by The Union of the West on Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
☩ Orthodox Christian ☩

Stalwart Allies
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Stalwart Allies » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:37 pm

APN Recruiter wrote:Do Lutherans and Calvinists have major differences?

Behold, your infallible leader.

The United Colonies of Earth
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:46 pm

Oh, it's you?
Well. As an atheist and occasional antitheist I will not be joining your theocracy dictatorship, naturally. But whatever the hell it is you did in your old region, I don't approve of it either if it's as bad as the other Christians say.
I congratulate them on their new government, and wish them good luck.
Last edited by The United Colonies of Earth on Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The United Colonies of Earth exists:
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to ensure the observation and protection of the rights of all human beings;
to defend humankind from invasion, catastrophe, fraud and violence;
to represent the interests of humankind to the other governments of the Galaxy;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Stalwart Allies
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Stalwart Allies » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:59 am

I like how you created a news section in your WFE just to post anti-republic propaganda.

I also like how you're using you're using the statements of a catholic anarchist against us when you believe both are heresies.
Last edited by Stalwart Allies on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great Kleomentia
Minister

Founded: Aug 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Kleomentia » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:06 am

So many contradictions in both of these threads...
hue

Dewhurst-Narculis
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dewhurst-Narculis » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:00 pm

Stalwart Allies wrote:
APN Recruiter wrote:Do Lutherans and Calvinists have major differences?

Probably why the term "Poe" is being tossed around a lot.

Still interesting to watch this one implode under megalomaniac tendencies and hypocrisies, sooo le tag
PT/MT Nation
Death is the only Absolute
The Grand Duchy of Dewhurst-Narculis
|Monarchist Nation| DEFCON [3] [2][1]
Coveton Crisis 1828-Mutual victory
Quendisphere War 2010-Resolved

1st Great Southern War 1898
2nd Great Southern War 1925
3rd Great Southern War 1942-1944
4th Great Southern War 1983
Dewhurst-Narculian- Theaman War 2010
Okhotsk Conflict 2012-2013
2nd Cedorian-Gilnean War-2014 ^All Won

North Vasangal Uprising-2014-(Ongoing)
Dervistonian War-2014-(Ongoing)
One of the the original founders of: SEC, Axis, SACTO and the Great Southern Ocean Region| Nine Years and no Condemnation/Commendation, what is this?

Stalwart Allies
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Stalwart Allies » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:13 pm

Dewhurst-Narculis wrote:
Stalwart Allies wrote:

Still interesting to watch this one implode under megalomaniac tendencies and hypocrisies, sooo le tag

Maybe that's why Nephmir was so desperate to preserve Archueland's regime.

Dewhurst-Narculis
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dewhurst-Narculis » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:39 pm

Deian salazar wrote:
Dewhurst-Narculis wrote:

Dew you're back! :kiss:
Lets raid Arch's new Region! :p

I am back! :hug:

Indeed especially since someone from that region keeps on asking me to do so as well
PT/MT Nation
Death is the only Absolute
The Grand Duchy of Dewhurst-Narculis
|Monarchist Nation| DEFCON [3] [2][1]
Coveton Crisis 1828-Mutual victory
Quendisphere War 2010-Resolved

1st Great Southern War 1898
2nd Great Southern War 1925
3rd Great Southern War 1942-1944
4th Great Southern War 1983
Dewhurst-Narculian- Theaman War 2010
Okhotsk Conflict 2012-2013
2nd Cedorian-Gilnean War-2014 ^All Won

North Vasangal Uprising-2014-(Ongoing)
Dervistonian War-2014-(Ongoing)
One of the the original founders of: SEC, Axis, SACTO and the Great Southern Ocean Region| Nine Years and no Condemnation/Commendation, what is this?

Dewhurst-Narculian WA Office
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dewhurst-Narculian WA Office » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:01 pm

Deian salazar wrote:
Dewhurst-Narculis wrote:
I am back! :hug:

Indeed especially since someone from that region keeps on asking me to do so as well

Alansia Chatzy.Now.

Already there

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay