NATION

PASSWORD

How do i WAGE war?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Dagton
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

How do i WAGE war?

Postby Dagton » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:57 am

Simple question someone tell me the basics im dearly asking for it

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:06 pm

There are 2 ways to wage war:

1) Roleplay a war in II.

2) Join the WA and either a) help raiders seize control of regions or b) help defenders stop raiders from seizing control of regions.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Dagton wrote:Simple question someone tell me the basics im dearly asking for it

You can't.
Lavochkin wrote:Never got why educated people support communism.

In capitalism, you pretty much have a 50/50 chance of being rich or poor. In communism, it's 1/99. What makes people think they have the luck/skill to become the 1% if they can't even succeed in a 50/50 society???

Xoriet
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:10 pm

To clarify - Roleplay or Gameplay?

If you're talking military Gameplay, I'd advise studying the link below this thoroughly and asking experienced players for advice before making any drastic declarations. "Waging war" against skilled organizations or well-protected regions without prior experience rarely turns out well, as is often discovered. Especially regions that are protected by an active Founder, non-executive WAD (World Assembly Delegate), and password.

You'll want to read this as well: Guide To Military Gameplay

It contains pretty much all you need to know to start off with.

Of course, there is the war of propaganda and rhetoric, but that rarely benefits anyone involved.
Senator of Diplomatic Affairs of the New Pacific Order

This flame we carry into battle
A fading memory
This light will conquer the darkness
Shining bright for all to see

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:15 pm

Free Republics wrote:There are 2 ways to wage war:

1) Roleplay a war in II.

2) Join the WA and either a) help raiders seize control of regions or b) help defenders stop raiders from seizing control of regions.

Pretty much this.

As it says in the FAQ: "At its core, NationStates is a political game, not a wargame." The best thing to do is read the link Xoriet gave you and, when you think you're ready join in a couple of already active RPs in International Incidents, so you get a vague idea of how it all pans out.

Also, protip: Before you declare war on another nation, let them know (preferably via telegram). If they accept, start a new thread detailing how the war goes. If they don't, find another nation and see if they'll play with you.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:27 pm

1) Stop creating a new thread for every question you have.

2) Try finding the answers for yourself first. This question is even answered in the FAQ, which is a good starting point. Furthermore there are relevant stickies in most subforums here. Read those. Or use the search function.

Locked.

Return to Gameplay